Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,494 views
The AA-12 is great only if you are using extended mags and scavenger pro. I don't like the M1014 only because its unlocked so late and only has a four round capacity. The spas is currently on all my classes I believe. I do wish using slight of hand pro would allow you to actually pump it faster though.
 
The AA-12 is great only if you are using extended mags and scavenger pro. I don't like the M1014 only because its unlocked so late and only has a four round capacity. The spas is currently on all my classes I believe. I do wish using slight of hand pro would allow you to actually pump it faster though.
Extended mags thing's been brought up before, but I still disagree. I've never encountered any issues with the mag size of AA12. Reload is very quick with that gun. I didn't know M1014 held only four shells!
 
The reload on the aa-12 isn't that fast. Extended mags aren't really needed I just like it so that I don't have to reload. Getting caught reloading is a great way to die. Using extended mags without scavenger pro is pointless though because you get all your ammo in that one clip. I've found myself before with only one or two shells left in the clip which is worthless as you can't kill anything with that unless you're at point blank range.
 
I don't want to sound cocky, but I will. :p If the reload on that thing isn't fast, it must've never came into play, because I killed everybody in my proximity.

Seriously, I get caught with ammo running out in clip all the time with the rifles, but almost never with the AA12. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I was caught out of ammo on AA.
 
Maybe you have more trigger discipline than I do with it. Then again maybe you use it differently that I do. Most I've ever killed in one regular clip was three guys and then I was out.
 
Speaking of that damnable shotgun, I've started using it as the secondary with the FAL. On maps like Skidrow it is quite nice, but I do feel a touch noobish blasting noobs in the face with the noob cannon AA-12. At least I'm not running around with Marathon and Lightweight as well with it.
 
Maybe you have more trigger discipline than I do with it. Then again maybe you use it differently that I do. Most I've ever killed in one regular clip was three guys and then I was out.
Well, I never encounter more than three at once with AA12. If I know that I'm going into an area with bunch of 'em, I take out the first couple with a silenced weapon anyway.

With AA12, most of the time, I kill one or two in-between reloads. But like I said, I never get caught on reloads before the second wave hits. I've never killed four with one clip.
Speaking of that damnable shotgun, I've started using it as the secondary with the FAL. On maps like Skidrow it is quite nice, but I do feel a touch noobish blasting noobs in the face with the noob cannon AA-12. At least I'm not running around with Marathon and Lightweight as well with it.
Yeah, AA is a "in your face!" gun. It might have a shorter effective range than commando pro. :lol: I never run with that gun unless I'm shooting the SOB in the back!
 
I was experimenting with the M1014 and Aa12. Over distance you can hit the target 1 ft longer with the Aa12 but at the same distance the M1014 has more damage.
 
Well, I never encounter more than three at once with AA12. If I know that I'm going into an area with bunch of 'em, I take out the first couple with a silenced weapon anyway.

With AA12, most of the time, I kill one or two in-between reloads. But like I said, I never get caught on reloads before the second wave hits. I've never killed four with one clip.

Again maybe you use it differently. If you've got your tent perk on then yeah maybe you wont run out of ammo.
 
Again maybe you use it differently. If you've got your tent perk on then yeah maybe you wont run out of ammo.
I don't now how to answer that. Must be time for me to go to bed.

P.S. Double post noob!
 
Fool I'll triple post if I want to. I'm just the **** like that.

Is the oma/riot shield/mounted gun glitch patched on both systems now?
 
A what glitch? I have never heard of that.
 
I read about it the other day. COD wiki says it was patched in the last update but I don't remember updating anything recently so I was wondering if it was just xbox. You use oma to switch to your riot shield class and then get on the gun before your class changes. It gives you a shield while on the gun. It was probably patched months ago and they just fail at editing.
 
Where do they come up with this stuff? :lol: In certain situations, that would be really useful. Of course, almost any decent teams would flank you and do you from the back.
 
I was thinking it would be awesome to use on rundown.
 
Pah, my akimbo Glocks laugh at your puny automatic shotguns. :D
 
I was thinking it would be awesome to use on rundown.
Rundown has mounted gun? Where is it?
Pah, my akimbo Glocks laugh at your puny automatic shotguns. :D
Is it April 1st in New Zealand?

Edit: OMG, I just found it on the map. I don't think I've ever been to that spot, and I think I've seen somebody use it once or twice, but never registered in my brain for some reason. I'm gonna have to go check it out sometime. :lol:
 
*checks calendar*

No, no it's not. :p
 
*checks calendar*

No, no it's not. :p
I don't know how you guys wield akimbo anything. I go for record number of deaths, anytime I try that.
 
Edit: OMG, I just found it on the map. I don't think I've ever been to that spot, and I think I've seen somebody use it once or twice, but never registered in my brain for some reason. I'm gonna have to go check it out sometime. :lol:

Its in a good spot but the range of movement is a bit limited. It does cover two of the three bridges pretty well but it doesn't cover the left side. Being up high like that and having the wall behind you is good to. Its very underused. I don't think I've used it myself.

As for akimbo, it works better on some guns than others. I tried it with the PP2000 which sucked. I picked up some akimbo glocks once and they worked pretty good. The one combo I hate is the camper with akimbo rangers. I typically won't use akimbo though just because I like being able to ADS.
 
Where about is this mounted gun on rundown?
Is it near the A flag when you play domination?
 

I never knew about that turret either!
 
The AA-12 is great only if you are using extended mags and scavenger pro. I don't like the M1014 only because its unlocked so late and only has a four round capacity. The spas is currently on all my classes I believe. I do wish using slight of hand pro would allow you to actually pump it faster though.

Extended mags thing's been brought up before, but I still disagree. I've never encountered any issues with the mag size of AA12. Reload is very quick with that gun. I didn't know M1014 held only four shells!

Only on multiplayer does the M1014 hold four shells. In the campaign, it holds six or seven. With extended magazines, the M1014 holds six shells.

Maybe you have more trigger discipline than I do with it. Then again maybe you use it differently that I do. Most I've ever killed in one regular clip was three guys and then I was out.

I treat the AA-12 like a semi-automatic weapon, in that I click the fire button however many times I want to fire it. That method somewhat cuts down on wasted ammunition, but the weapon is still much better with Scavenger Pro.

Rundown has mounted gun? Where is it?

I did not know Rundown had a mounted gun either. I have never seen or heard it used until Sharky.'s video.
 
I can't see the video for some reason but if it shows what I am telling you then just disregard it. When your up there at the gun you can lay prone and actually look through the sand bags:) You can't shoot through them but you can look through them.
 
Started 1st prestige yesterday, lv. 22 right now. My primary gus is a UMP rocking a holographic sight and silencer. It has alot of advantages to have a silencer, and the range thing isn't too bad, I still get some long shots. Now I still need the ninja perk and then the transformation is complete. :) BTW does the steady aim perk really only affect hip firing or also the ADS firing? because almost always I ADtheS. I now have commando as 3rd perk.
 
That mounted gun in Rundown is a decent enough spot, but you're a sitting duck once you've been spotted. It's better in Hardcore if you ignore the mounted gatling gun and snipe from there with Cold Blooded. You can shoot then quickly squat or lay prone with little chance of being spotted. Getting into the 'turret' without being spotted doing so is the trickiest bit.
 
Got my first Nuke just. I was so damn nervous though, my Chopper Gunner was taken out at 18 kills so I had to make up the last 7 the same way I made to first, Noobtube + OMA.

Gutted that you don't get anything to show you've had one. I think you need two before you get new titles/emblems right?
 
iirc, the nukes rewards come from calling in 2 nukes and 1 for calling in a nuke while losing.
 
Pah, my akimbo Glocks laugh at your puny automatic shotguns. :D

Akimbo USP/M9 > Glocks

I never knew about that turret either!

I knew!

Gutted that you don't get anything to show you've had one. I think you need two before you get new titles/emblems right?

2, 5, 10 = Thermonuclear War, End of Line, and then the Spinning Radiation Emblem.

I got shut down on my nukes so many times last night. Like at 22 to 24 kills at least 4 times. I'd also got denied my AC130 by 1 kill at least a dozen times. Was driving me crazy.

Forgot how much I love the FAL though. Been using that with the AA-12 and Hardline, Scavenger, and Commando.

And I also broke 60k kills...
 
Back