Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,530 views
Thought I would try the M16 out and had some great scores.
2-16 ,3 -14. It's totally killed my confidence In the game and Mr Joypad met Mrs Wall today aswell After a long long time.
 
Thought I would try the M16 out and had some great scores.
2-16 ,3 -14. It's totally killed my confidence In the game and Mr Joypad met Mrs Wall today aswell After a long long time.

Laaame, my last game with it was a couple of nights ago making 57-6 (or 8, not to sure) on Terminal with Aldo, 2 AC130s in the bunch as well though Terminal isn't fantastic for it. I haven't used it since because of my late sinper trend.
 
I did OK with the M16, but not enough to raise my k/d.

I don't feel so bad about the mounted gun on Rundown now. Most of you don't really know about it either. :lol:
 
Who needs a HD PVR for making gameplay videos... not me! :D Just for a "laff" I connected my PS3 to our HDD/DVD recorder (used for recording TV) via the AV inputs, set the unit to record from the line in, started playing and hit record.

It worked :D All I need is a DVD-RW to get the gameplay from the HDD recorder to my computer; would you guys be remotely interested in watching any of my rubbish MW2 gameplay if I uploaded some to YT? :lol:
 
It worked :D All I need is a DVD-RW to get the gameplay from the HDD recorder to my computer; would you guys be remotely interested in watching any of my rubbish MW2 gameplay if I uploaded some to YT? :lol:

I'll tell you everything you do wrong :p Which is kind of what I've been doing with my friends when I watch them play... lots of simple little things that just add up, such as...

Leaving cover to chase a guy that ran by you.
Standing in the open while lining up a shot.
Not looking both ways when moving into a new area.
Reloading randomly in the open.
Not reloading when there is a break and you have 3 rounds in the clip.
Edging around corners slowly rather than moving out to a different spot of cover.

etc

Honestly though the biggest difference I see between KD < 1 and KD > 1 players is just how they use cover. That and just understanding how people get around maps.
 
Oh my god. Half of those(actually, more than that) criticisms applies to me. :crazy:
 
Oh my god. Half of those(actually, more than that) criticisms applies to me. :crazy:

Considering you have to move for at least half of those to apply, which are you speaking of?

:sly:

But it is interesting to note that after watching my friends play, I seem to be even more on the ball? Put some games on my other account and had two games back to back where the score was 50-2-10 and then 41-3-10 on Domination games. Not bad given I was using an account on level 35.
 
Considering you have to move for at least half of those to apply, which are you speaking of?

:sly:
Oh, that's right. I just camp the whole game, hoping for somebody to walk though that doorway. Forget what I said, my bad! :dopey:
 
Oh, that's right. I just camp the whole game, hoping for somebody to walk though that doorway. Forget what I said, my bad! :dopey:

Naw, joking aside, I've played with you and you don't seem to be the over eager for a kill type to rush out into the open.
 
Naw, joking aside, I've played with you and you don't seem to be the over eager for a kill type to rush out into the open.
I run, I die. This is very true. But at the same time, when I play with you guys, things did happen which might have given you an impression that I just sit in one spot, don't move. There was one incident that I was on the other team, and you guys were jokingly accusing me of camping. I was lagging to a degree that I couldn't even tell when I was in, or out of the building(think 1 frame per several seconds). And somehow, I was nailing guys to score a pretty high k/d. Also there were bunch of times where I'd just sit, lay in one spot to take calls, PMs, fold/hang clothes out of the dryer, etc. Things I usually jump out of matches to take care of, I can't when I'm playing with groups.

There are maps that I operate only in certain areas. But by my logic, unless the action has moved on, why even venture out of the sweet spot? Most maps, I don't really have camping spot I keep going back to. I just find stronghold, or figure out where I can ambush the enemy position from. But again, admittedly, I almost never run at anybody(except like in your example, chasing somebody :p).
 
I was thinking about playing some cod tonight, but oh wait......



































A damn PSN update is stopping me, 130mb should take 15mins on my connection, even on my poor laptop wireless but NOO, the PS3 has some of the slowest wireless ever and it is currently on 10% after....let me see.....10, 20, 30 minutes!!
 
@a6m5 - Naw, I was mostly just poking fun at the shirt and the earlier jokes of Tent being the equipment/perk option you like.

You are a spot player though; you find a nice area that gets decent traffic and work that area quite well. I tend to be more of a flow player, working my way around maps in generally one of a few defined routes I work. Of course, exceptions apply, such as spawning trapping the enemy team, etc.

I am curious to see how my other account pans out now that I am familiar with the game. If the previous games are an indicator, should be nice, as the newer accounts KD went up about tenth after a handful of games.
 
3 new options to arrange your trophies in and some functionality support for the upcoming 3D TV stuff.
 
Yeah, did you hear that T_A? (Awesome)Spot player. Don't show that stupid tent shirt again.

:p
 
I set myself up for that one. It's time for bed. Again.

Guys, don't talk anymore crap about me, or AA12 behind my back.

:lol:
 
I set myself up for that one. It's time for bed. Again.

Guys, don't talk anymore crap about me, or AA12 behind my back.

:lol:
Are you sure your bed isnt in that Tent, you know, the Tent just over there, on the border of some Wastelands :sly:.
 
Oh lord. :lol:
 
I popped MW2 into the PS3 for the first time in at least two weeks, and by god has it gone downhill. I was playing for around two hours, and in every single game there was at least one idiotface running around with marathon, lightweight, commando and the Magnum tac knife. I'm not kidding. One game on Sub Base even had *two*... and I ended up having a showdown with both simultaneously in the corridor thing beneath the camping spot by the stairs. You know the one, the room that overlooks one of the SnD bombs (B I think it is)... my SPAS took out the first one with a headshot, but the second guy ran right through two shells and teabagged me.

Then there was a guy running around on Wasteland and Karachi with Scav, DC and the RPG. And a guy camping with a HBS SCAR, with Bling (I think it was), CB and Sitrep in the Karachi game. And an epic host migration fail on Highrise when the host was being a d-bag as he must've been downloading something huge because he had four bars (as expected) and everyone else had one.


Aaaaagh. So stressful. As quickly as it came off it, MW2 is going back on my stack of games and I'll play something different until Red Dead arrives...



I did get some more FMJ penetration kills on the TAR though, 15 left for extended mags :)
 
I did get some more FMJ penetration kills on the TAR though, 15 left for extended mags :)
Cause it totally sounds like you care...
 
:lol: I'll get round to finishing the challenge some day... hopefully commando tac knifing is nerfed by then :lol:
 
Omg hai u geys wuts up lolz...

a6m5tent3.jpg
 
Last edited:
:lol:

Either the killcams are buggy beyond belief (I know they are buggy, just not how buggy) or MW2 has pretty atrocious hit detection. In one of the TDMs I played, the game-winning kill was a dude tossing a throwing knife a good three feet to the left of a guy and still getting the kill. Surely the killcams aren't that bad?
 
They are that bad.

Time Attack, that is a classic, good work!
 
Don't worry Sharky, I'd say the Commando problem has brought it to the point that around 80% of my deaths (honestly not exagerating) when I go on come from that or a danger close explosive of some variety, RPG7 or tube for the large majority. Just more reasons why I don't care about stats on MW2 anymore, I'm beyond caring when there's such a high chance I'll be killed in a manner which requires so little skill. Someone once told me it's not easy to knife only, I tried it and it just is unless you're really stupid (or not using commando, marathon).
 
We had a whole team in 4 matches doing domination and all they could do was knife.
All 5 clam members.
 
Back