Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,530 views
Well I'm glad I couldn't get on tonight then :lol:
 
Don't worry Sharky, I'd say the Commando problem has brought it to the point that around 80% of my deaths (honestly not exagerating) when I go on come from that or a danger close explosive of some variety, RPG7 or tube for the large majority. Just more reasons why I don't care about stats on MW2 anymore, I'm beyond caring when there's such a high chance I'll be killed in a manner which requires so little skill. Someone once told me it's not easy to knife only, I tried it and it just is unless you're really stupid (or not using commando, marathon).

Yeah, I'm noticing a great deal of my deaths are from Marathon Commando users, sometimes just running around with the SPAS-12 and Stopping power, or the M203 out and Danger Close. Sometimes I'll see Hardline tossed in there, but man, Marathon is falling into the noob perk category to me.

Just drives me crazy how you can kill someone and they'll end up running back to where you are before you get enough time to reload and such.
 
I just got really bored with this game tonight, I've tried so many different gun combos but everything is so underpowered at Mid-Long range, it takes so many shots to down anyone. Over the last few days I've only been getting hitmarkers with my Intervention FMJ when I fire it at Mid-Range into the chest, WTF is up with that!

Switching back to COD4 where you can have good games at Close,Mid and Long range.
 
I've been using Marathon on my class with the TAR (silenced) stopping power and ninja (all pros). It's a good class overall I'm finding for rushing and being aggressive, I don't feel a noob using Marathon because I don't just sprint around aimlessly, I just use it to move from position to position quickly as opposed to a straight up offensive tool.
 
the shield can be interesting to use though lag has killed me a few times as i thought he was in front of me but kill cam shows they ran right behind me. id like to get akimbo rafficas at some point but its not looking to be this prestige as i want to use the m21 when i unlock it in 2 levels.

i need to adjust my equipment though. i need an explosive or throwing knife and flash bang.
 
I still haven't used the shield online, just isn't my thing. I can see why it might be fun but I like rifles and such and I won't be giving them up.
 
im not giving it up completely its just that ive veteran completed for the m4 and veteran three is a mile away for the tar 21. veteran 1 isnt too far off for a few weapons so i thought id try some different for a little while until i unlock the m21 ebr 👍

[edit - i like the throwing knife with the shield. 👍 ]
 
Last edited:
I think the throwing knife and shield are definately a good way to go for entertainment, I have seen it in action and it is quite amusing.
 
:lol:

Either the killcams are buggy beyond belief (I know they are buggy, just not how buggy) or MW2 has pretty atrocious hit detection. In one of the TDMs I played, the game-winning kill was a dude tossing a throwing knife a good three feet to the left of a guy and still getting the kill. Surely the killcams aren't that bad?

Killcams are actually, accurate. They show exactly what happens. I think the problem is the size of the "hitbox" that each soldier has, and it might vary by weapon as well. That's why most kill cams show the person dying from bullets that are not even hitting them.
 
I think the throwing knife and shield are definately a good way to go for entertainment, I have seen it in action and it is quite amusing.

i need to work on my knife aim, but, other than shot guns seeming like that can penetrate the shield. id like to be able in the next prestige set up a class with akimbo m93 + throwing knife + shield. with stopping power the m93 can be a one burst kill close range 👍
 
I've been trying to unlock the tactical knife for the .44 magnum so I could just run around knifing people, because it's fun. Now I feel like a noob :(. Well, I have a noobtube and HBS on my SCAR, so, :lol:. A couple of guys were calling me a noob in SnD when I was using that class and got the round winning kill twice in a row.
 
Who needs a HD PVR for making gameplay videos... not me! :D Just for a "laff" I connected my PS3 to our HDD/DVD recorder (used for recording TV) via the AV inputs, set the unit to record from the line in, started playing and hit record.

It worked :D All I need is a DVD-RW to get the gameplay from the HDD recorder to my computer; would you guys be remotely interested in watching any of my rubbish MW2 gameplay if I uploaded some to YT? :lol:


I would like to see them, I like watching matches from people I know, well I mean I don't really know you but you know what I mean. That was allot of "knows" in that comment....:dopey:

I popped MW2 into the PS3 for the first time in at least two weeks, and by god has it gone downhill. I was playing for around two hours, and in every single game there was at least one idiotface running around with marathon, lightweight, commando and the Magnum tac knife. I'm not kidding. One game on Sub Base even had *two*


Aaaaagh. So stressful. As quickly as it came off it, MW2 is going back on my stack of games and I'll play something different until Red Dead arrives...

I really don't see why people get annoyed with marathon/lightweight combo. It really not an issue with me, now before when the super running speed glitch was going with the care package I could see the valid complaint because you ran so freaking fast, but just how it is now you don't move like flash. On my rushing class I use marathon/lightweight/ninja. I don't like the tac knife, I seem to do much better with the regular knife. For some reason the tac knife throws off my timing and I usually miss my knife on the first attempt, and also I don't like running around with a pistol out instead I like to have my smg I have. Commando I do have a problem with though, they have "fixed" all of these other problems so far, so why haven't they "fixed" commando yet!?
 
I've been trying to unlock the tactical knife for the .44 magnum so I could just run around knifing people, because it's fun. Now I feel like a noob :(. Well, I have a noobtube and HBS on my SCAR, so, :lol:. A couple of guys were calling me a noob in SnD when I was using that class and got the round winning kill twice in a row.

Yeah...

About that...

I'd call you one too. HBS plus M203 is a touch noobish in Ground War, but in S&D I find it a bit cheap period, though yes they could use Ninja I guess. Now, if you also have Danger Close on... yeah, pretty much means you plan to use the M203 as the primary...
 
Yeah...

About that...

I'd call you one too. HBS plus M203 is a touch noobish in Ground War, but in S&D I find it a bit cheap period, though yes they could use Ninja I guess. Now, if you also have Danger Close on... yeah, pretty much means you plan to use the M203 as the primary...


Well, I've stopped using that class in SnD, since almost everyone uses Ninja. No, I didn't have Danger Close, in fact, I never really got around to using the noobtube.

Right now, i've got a L86 LSW for SnD, still noobish? I've got it because sometimes, assault rifles don't get the job done.

I hate how people are though in this game. Unless you use the worst weapons in the game, you're called a noob. If you use any attachments that give an advantage, you're called a noob. Example: "Hey, I've got a Barret .50 with thermal scope". "Noob, you should use the Intervention with the standard scope like what all sniper pros do".
 
I really don't see why people get annoyed with marathon/lightweight combo. It really not an issue with me, now before when the super running speed glitch was going with the care package I could see the valid complaint because you ran so freaking fast, but just how it is now you don't move like flash. On my rushing class I use marathon/lightweight/ninja. I don't like the tac knife, I seem to do much better with the regular knife. For some reason the tac knife throws off my timing and I usually miss my knife on the first attempt, and also I don't like running around with a pistol out instead I like to have my smg I have. Commando I do have a problem with though, they have "fixed" all of these other problems so far, so why haven't they "fixed" commando yet!?

Pretty much how I feel about the whole combination, it's the commando that makes it cheap rather then the lightweight/marathon in itself. Even the pro add on for commando, no fall damage, I have no issue with, it's just the stupid lunge which makes people seemingly invincible for a kick off and the range is absurd. I don't have a problem with noob tubes either unless people treat it like a primary (danger close is basically a huge sign of this).
 
I hate how people are though in this game. Unless you use the worst weapons in the game, you're called a noob. If you use any attachments that give an advantage, you're called a noob. Example: "Hey, I've got a Barret .50 with thermal scope". "Noob, you should use the Intervention with the standard scope like what all sniper pros do".

I hate this also, I don't considering anything "noobish" other than maybe the tube, and I only consider that in that way if I keep getting killed by the person using it over and over because obviously they can't aim and are just spamming with that stupid tube:crazy: I like my .50 cal with the thermal scope, I also like it without it, it depends on what I feel like using that day or sometimes what map I am on. If using a certain item etc. that is supplied to me in the game makes me a "noob" then noob I am I guess, most of the time people that call me such have a much lower KD than I do anyways so jog off is what I tell them.

Pretty much how I feel about the whole combination, it's the commando that makes it cheap rather then the lightweight/marathon in itself. Even the pro add on for commando, no fall damage, I have no issue with, it's just the stupid lunge which makes people seemingly invincible for a kick off and the range is absurd. I don't have a problem with noob tubes either unless people treat it like a primary (danger close is basically a huge sign of this).


When they released the map pack for 360 they slid in a patch for the grenade launcher (including the thumper). They nerfed them a bit, I have since the patch actually shot about 5 feet in front of someone and nothing happened, also has happened a few other times with it hitting right around them. To me using the tube with danger close now puts it back to where it was before the patch, they also slid in a patch to nerf the chopper gunners damage a bit. Not sure if the map pack is out yet or not for PS3, guessing not since you guys aren't talking about it and I don't feel like googe'n it just for this, but if you haven't got it test out that tube after the map pack and you will see what I mean. It still will kill easy, I'm not saying that, but it isn't as deadly as it was.
 
Pretty much how I feel about the whole combination, it's the commando that makes it cheap rather then the lightweight/marathon in itself. Even the pro add on for commando, no fall damage, I have no issue with, it's just the stupid lunge which makes people seemingly invincible for a kick off and the range is absurd. I don't have a problem with noob tubes either unless people treat it like a primary (danger close is basically a huge sign of this).
+1

breakpoint: map pack comes May 4 for PS3 ;)
 
longest. month. ever.

yes? I barely even feel like playing video games anymore I'm so bored.
 
Anyone seen Ken's new video? He's playing SnD at one of those new maps, and he was just awful. He had a ACR with noobtube and he was just trying to use the noobtube as a primary the whole time. Died every round and only got 1 kill, in the whole game.
 
Well, I've stopped using that class in SnD, since almost everyone uses Ninja. No, I didn't have Danger Close, in fact, I never really got around to using the noobtube.

Right now, i've got a L86 LSW for SnD, still noobish? I've got it because sometimes, assault rifles don't get the job done.

I hate how people are though in this game. Unless you use the worst weapons in the game, you're called a noob. If you use any attachments that give an advantage, you're called a noob. Example: "Hey, I've got a Barret .50 with thermal scope". "Noob, you should use the Intervention with the standard scope like what all sniper pros do".
It was the same way in CoD4. That was the first time I had heard of the grenade launcher being referred to as a "noob tube". M16 was a noob gun. P90 with silencer was a noob gun. Camping was bad, except when they did it. Snipers were lowlifes, also if you chucked three frag grenades, or ran around with RPGs. Claymores? You & your immediate family would be damned to hell.

That's just in CoD4, and I'm sure I've missed a couple. The point is, you can't please everybody, unfortunately. My approach to this is that you gotta do what you gotta do. If it's in the game, it's not cheating. I've abused OneManArmy before. I've also complained about how ridiculous commando perk was, or the 1887 had rifle like range. You do what you gotta do.

On why I hate guys who run around with knives, etc. It's because they bring my k/d down. I nearly never see one of those guys finish with acceptable k/d. Not ever, but almost never. Most of the time, one's I've seen finish around k/d of 1, maybe slightly less. But it's not like they are playing the game the wrong way. Like I said, I just hate them because they run around sucking at TDMs, and they take me down with them. :lol:

P.S. As long as you are not as big as breakpoint, I'm gonna slap you someday T_A! :lol:
 
Never mind then.

n388851333233907.jpg


Looove you.....
 
lol... I'm sure hes got more muscle. I stopped lifting weights a few years ago. Now I'm just big and lazy.
 
Alright, that means I can still run from you, but I still wouldn't slap you.

Moving on! :lol:
 
Well, I've stopped using that class in SnD, since almost everyone uses Ninja. No, I didn't have Danger Close, in fact, I never really got around to using the noobtube.

Right now, i've got a L86 LSW for SnD, still noobish? I've got it because sometimes, assault rifles don't get the job done.

I hate how people are though in this game. Unless you use the worst weapons in the game, you're called a noob. If you use any attachments that give an advantage, you're called a noob. Example: "Hey, I've got a Barret .50 with thermal scope". "Noob, you should use the Intervention with the standard scope like what all sniper pros do".

The thing is, if you aren't much using the M203, why not toss on a different attachment like the Silencer? Or use a different perk such as Slight of Hand?

The LSW is hardly noob friendly. Hell, I hate the damn thing because the Iron Sights on it hurt my eyes. A lot.

Eh, on the whole Noob thing, I usually just find the Marathon/Lightweight/Commando and the OMA/Danger Close/Commando setups the ones I really consider noob friendly. Relatively low skill required to get at least one kill. Marathon/Danger Close/Commando with the RPG falls in there. Basically classes that aim to get only one kill really per life.
 
right... I'd pull out my HBS but I'm sure you're a ninja or something...
 
P.S. As long as you are not as big as breakpoint, I'm gonna slap you someday T_A! :lol:


I like cheeseburgers with tons of bacon:tup: 5"11@298, oh yeah I love the meat!
 
W-T-F.

I see now that because of a word in the file name I can't post it as a link either. If you're that interested replace the **** part with everyone's favorite four letter F word and you'll get the pic. Its lost all its funny by now though.
 
Back