Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,580 views
The thing is, if you aren't much using the M203, why not toss on a different attachment like the Silencer? Or use a different perk such as Slight of Hand?

The LSW is hardly noob friendly. Hell, I hate the damn thing because the Iron Sights on it hurt my eyes. A lot.
My SCAR class had Bling(for the HBS and noobtube), Stopping Power, and Commando. I only use it for TDM, or Domination now, where I do use the M203.

The L86 has great damage, good for SnD ,where you don't want to lose any gunfights, and I use Bling for it so I can swap the iron sight for a red dot and a grip, which help out a lot.
 
Killcams are actually, accurate. They show exactly what happens. I think the problem is the size of the "hitbox" that each soldier has, and it might vary by weapon as well. That's why most kill cams show the person dying from bullets that are not even hitting them.

I think the problem is lag. So many times has I put a hole magasin in a guy to just see in kill cam that I didnt even hit him cause he wasnt were it looked like on my screen. You can see me shoot 3 feet to the left looking like a total noob.

What I really dont understand is why cod have ALWAYS had many weird lag issues, but never noticed same problem on bad company.
 
What I really dont understand is why cod have ALWAYS had many weird lag issues, but never noticed same problem on bad company.

Maybe we dont have Kill Cams in BC so we dont notice but ive put whole magazines in people in BC and ive died 1st.
 
Maybe we dont have Kill Cams in BC so we dont notice but ive put whole magazines in people in BC and ive died 1st.

That can be a reason, another reason can be that 1vs1 close battles dont happen as often in bc. But the fact is that I can play with americans in bc, but in cod that dont work beacause of lag:ouch:
 
Get onto this!

I got a message last night off some guy, whilst playing HCHQ on Wasteland. Here's what he said to me:

Guy: Get a life you ****!
Me: Eh? Wassup?
Guy: I was on my nuke and you ruined it you tard!
Me: LOL

Let's wind it back a little first to put it into perspective.

As I have just said, I was playing HCHQ on Wasteland, doing what I do, hanging around the car wrecks picking off targets of opportunity. I don't just camp in the wrecked cars though, I work that whole side, from the grave yard, right up to the tin shed on the corner, by the chopper.

Anyway, I was suppressing the opposing team whilst protecting the HQ, and managed to get 5 kills for the predator missile. Pulling it up, the trajectory showed that the missile was coming over the top of the white church. I noted two targets, one was at the mini-gun, and the other was camping in the bush to the left of the main entrance of the church.

In the second or so I had I assumed that the guy in the bush was a sniper, and a far greater threat, so I duly dropped the missile on his noggin! I was correct, he was a sniper, and he was a kill or two from a nuke. Silly me for killing the opposing team! :lol:
 
I really don't see why people get annoyed with marathon/lightweight combo. It really not an issue with me, now before when the super running speed glitch was going with the care package I could see the valid complaint because you ran so freaking fast, but just how it is now you don't move like flash. On my rushing class I use marathon/lightweight/ninja. I don't like the tac knife, I seem to do much better with the regular knife. For some reason the tac knife throws off my timing and I usually miss my knife on the first attempt, and also I don't like running around with a pistol out instead I like to have my smg I have. Commando I do have a problem with though, they have "fixed" all of these other problems so far, so why haven't they "fixed" commando yet!?

I run Ninja Pro on my Marathon/Lightweight class also. Not hearing the loud noise caused by sprinting has been helpful for me.

Pretty much how I feel about the whole combination, it's the commando that makes it cheap rather then the lightweight/marathon in itself. Even the pro add on for commando, no fall damage, I have no issue with, it's just the stupid lunge which makes people seemingly invincible for a kick off and the range is absurd. I don't have a problem with noob tubes either unless people treat it like a primary (danger close is basically a huge sign of this).

The biggest annoyance I have with Commando is the ability to cause the opponent to seemingly teleport through bullets. I am annoyed at putting two or three bullets into the person and then dieing as the "kill" bullet fails to leave the gun. It is very frustrating to watch a bright red screen on the kill cam in those situations. Granted, a way to counter Commando is a shotgun and that is usually very effective, but not every situation dictates having one out. My biggest issue with Commando is the lack of effectiveness of assault rifles and at least the UMP45 have against the perk; those weapons do not pump out the damage fast enough in close quarters. A nice change to Commando would be a lesser lunge distance as the character is closer to death.

I hate how people are though in this game. Unless you use the worst weapons in the game, you're called a noob. If you use any attachments that give an advantage, you're called a noob. Example: "Hey, I've got a Barret .50 with thermal scope". "Noob, you should use the Intervention with the standard scope like what all sniper pros do".

I hate this also, I don't considering anything "noobish" other than maybe the tube, and I only consider that in that way if I keep getting killed by the person using it over and over because obviously they can't aim and are just spamming with that stupid tube:crazy: I like my .50 cal with the thermal scope, I also like it without it, it depends on what I feel like using that day or sometimes what map I am on. If using a certain item etc. that is supplied to me in the game makes me a "noob" then noob I am I guess, most of the time people that call me such have a much lower KD than I do anyways so jog off is what I tell them.

I agree with this.

A good majority of the time when I die by a grenade launcher, it is a good shot by whoever did it. I know the majority of my grenade launcher kills come from situations when I cannot quite hit the enemy with bullets, know there is a person in the particular area, and if I use the grenade launcher, then I might be able to get a kill. If anything, many of the grenade launcher kills I have seen are anything but "noob".

It was the same way in CoD4. That was the first time I had heard of the grenade launcher being referred to as a "noob tube". M16 was a noob gun. P90 with silencer was a noob gun. Camping was bad, except when they did it. Snipers were lowlifes, also if you chucked three frag grenades, or ran around with RPGs. Claymores? You & your immediate family would be damned to hell.

The noob gun complaints ran rampant in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 with regards to the FAMAS. The P90 got a bit of complaining, but not near what the FAMAS received. The other big complaint in that game was grenades and how explosives were "noob" to use.

That's just in CoD4, and I'm sure I've missed a couple. The point is, you can't please everybody, unfortunately. My approach to this is that you gotta do what you gotta do. If it's in the game, it's not cheating. I've abused OneManArmy before. I've also complained about how ridiculous commando perk was, or the 1887 had rifle like range. You do what you gotta do.

I refuse to use Last Stand/Final Stand out of principle. I am super annoyed when anyone on the other team has it on. I am especially annoyed when encountering two opponents, the first one you "kill" has it on, and you end up dieing because of the perk, when you otherwise would have had two kills.

The L86 has great damage, good for SnD ,where you don't want to lose any gunfights, and I use Bling for it so I can swap the iron sight for a red dot and a grip, which help out a lot.

The L86 does have nice damage. Even with the Grip, it still has more recoil than the other LMGs, or so it seems to me. Eh on second thought, I need to give the weapon another go. I have only around 25 kills with the weapon, which is not exactly a large enough sample set to give it full judgment.

Talking of LMGs, a good while back, I was using a Bling RPD with Grip and Red Dot Sight. My team was hit with an EMP, except it did not really affect me because the RPD still has iron sights visible.
 
Here's a funny little physics engine glitch in MW2,You can find the water container on Bailout in the gym.

 
BF bc2 just went back to the video store. Hadn't even played it since monday or tuesday. I was not impressed.
 
We totaly ruled the games for the past 3 hrs tonight.
3 losses and probably 25+ wins.
Thanks Warren, Kai, Richard, Aldo and Drag.
 
Yeah it was some good matches 👍 And no connection problem :) Good performance from GTP tonight :D
 
As I have just said, I was playing HCHQ on Wasteland, doing what I do, hanging around the car wrecks picking off targets of opportunity. I don't just camp in the wrecked cars though, I work that whole side, from the grave yard, right up to the tin shed on the corner, by the chopper.
I work the same exact area, too. I almost started drooling when you said grave yard to the tin shed. :drool: :lol: By the tin shed, you also work the dugout by the bush/trees that separates the map in the middle, too, right? Wasteland is great......
I refuse to use Last Stand/Final Stand out of principle. I am super annoyed when anyone on the other team has it on. I am especially annoyed when encountering two opponents, the first one you "kill" has it on, and you end up dieing because of the perk, when you otherwise would have had two kills.
I hate them, too. I do use it on my death streak though. It helps me survive sometimes, especially when I have a teammate near by. If you are on the receiving end, here's what I usually do when I can't quite finish off the guy in last stand. 1) Do all you can, then take cover. 2) Toss a stun/flash grenade. 3) If he's still alive, go right in, finish him off.
 
A stun or flash grenade will kill someone in Last Stand. Final Stand it won't but makes them easy to finish off.
 
Good to know. I was never sure about that. Reason why I'm always ready for the step 3. :lol:
 
I use last stand when playing HC, but thats the only time I find it useful. I liked what they did with that perk in WaW though, it kind of made it a medic perk if another person was using it and you were using it you could revive them, that was pretty cool because it at least gave some people the motive to play as a team.
 
To echo uk86, excellent games tonight for the EU wing of the GTP crew. For once I found myself not rage quitting Search as per usual, if there's 4 people using headsets like last night then it is quite good, pointless playing it with a small party or solo though. Some excellent clutch plays as well by pretty much everyone.

I've finally finished getting the Maggies (Akimbo Magnums) and my god they are epic. Perhaps not performance wise but they're bloody good fun to whip out and go all wild west on someone. Also just finished getting extended mags for my new favourite automatic, the TAR (thanks for the recommendation Aldo) with a few games with PJ though we were trading 2 bars depending who joined who.

If you other GTPers (I'd say American but there may be others in there) are on later tonight, drop me a line and I'll see how the connection holds. For now I shall watch TV, a good nights CODding either way 👍
 
Does anyone max out their claymores with the scavenger perk? I use that perk regularly with the SCAR-H, you need to just to get extra ammunition for the guns small ammunition that you start with.

The upside of course is that you can replenish your claymores frequently. I like to use a 'collapsing claymore' strategy, for want of a better description, that effectively covers my six. I rarely get killed from behind as I place claymores frequently, to cover my tracks.

There is another possible bonus to this strategy too. You know that when you place two claymores, a third will detonate the last one you placed... Well, if you are savvy, you 'could' use that exploding claymore to your advantage... I have never managed to pull it off in practice, but I am sure that if you knew precisely where the first claymore you placed was, you could kill a player on the other team as you place your next claymore. Has anyone managed to pull this off in the field?

I work the same exact area, too. I almost started drooling when you said grave yard to the tin shed. :drool: :lol: By the tin shed, you also work the dugout by the bush/trees that separates the map in the middle, too, right? Wasteland is great......

Yeah, the trenches are cool too. I tend to shy away from the underground section as it can be a bit of a cauldron of fire. I rarely, if ever, venture to the other side of the map too, as it is a snipers paradise with the undulating cover and wide open spaces. That is not really a problem though because there is always something going down by the grave yard! 👍
 
Last edited:
on wasteland I work the outside from the first house to the houses by the chopper. I don't go on the other side you guys are talking about. Seems to be less cover and more snipers.
 
A stun or flash grenade will kill someone in Last Stand. Final Stand it won't but makes them easy to finish off.

Last night, I was hiding behind a barrier after I got lots of blood on the screen from enemy fire. I wasn't in Last Stand or Final Stand, but a guy threw a stun grenade, and it killed me.


By the way, I've changed up my SCAR class. I've got Scavenger instead of Bling now, and i've dropped the noobtube. Secondary is now a SPAS-12 with red dot. Stopping Power and Commando stay though. I must have pissed a lot of people off with my crazy melee lunges yesterday :lol:. In addition to that, I've enabled Tactical Nuke. So, now it's Attack Helicopter, AC130 and Nuke. I'm going to change the chopper for a Harrier though, and I want to change the AC130 for the Chopper Gunner as well.
 
Slight of hand pro is the only tier one perk. True story.
 
I hadn't played in a couple days since I was out of the island. Came back last night and couldn't get to sleep so decided to fire it up. Got commando knifed, camped and noob tubed like crazy. It's just like I've said before, play during the week and those things are moderate, play during the weekend and all the younger players seem to be using them. I still did ok. Also, since I was playing CTF I didn't mind too much since they'd just be too busy camping or using their cheap tactics and not focusing on the flag. However I have my CTF class and was running and capturing flags like crazy. Actually had a Scrapyard game that ended 10-1. :sly:

My CTF/Speed class is
- Marathon
- Lightweight
- Steady Aim
- Akimbo P90s
- Akimbo G18s


Oh I was on the internet and I found this. :lol:
 
Slight of hand pro is the only tier one perk. True story.

Certainly not for me, it is very useful but I need scavenger so much or I'm running around desperate for a new gun every life or 2. I carry the maggies so I can quickly pull them out if I'm caught mid reload, but I rarely am as I reload any opportunity I'm safe. Infact I'd go as far to say that I haven't been caught needing to reload in all of last night session with the TAR.

What I will say is Marathon is EXTREMELY useful in Search, or any mode really but moreso in Search. Being able to get from place to place that much quicker is so useful for flanking and getting objectives early on etc. I think next time the GTP crew play Domination, we should have 3-4 players set up a Marathon class with blast shield and Rush the key flag, often B, get the quick cap and then leave the other 2 to take the less important flag from the start. 4 people will nail that flag down and hopefully blast shield would stop the initial 'nade. With some maps that's practically game over, Sub Base for example it is extremely difficult to retake B.
 
Does anyone max out their claymores with the scavenger perk? I use that perk regularly with the SCAR-H, you need to just to get extra ammunition for the guns small ammunition that you start with.

The upside of course is that you can replenish your claymores frequently. I like to use a 'collapsing claymore' strategy, for want of a better description, that effectively covers my six. I rarely get killed from behind as I place claymores frequently, to cover my tracks.

There is another possible bonus to this strategy too. You know that when you place two claymores, a third will detonate the last one you placed... Well, if you are savvy, you 'could' use that exploding claymore to your advantage... I have never managed to pull it off in practice, but I am sure that if you knew precisely where the first claymore you placed was, you could kill a player on the other team as you place your next claymore. Has anyone managed to pull this off in the field?



Yeah, the trenches are cool too. I tend to shy away from the underground section as it can be a bit of a cauldron of fire. I rarely, if ever, venture to the other side of the map too, as it is a snipers paradise with the undulating cover and wide open spaces. That is not really a problem though because there is always something going down by the grave yard! 👍

I tried it a few times on Afghan, I placed the 1st in the passage (right word???) next to the small bunker and the rock, 2nd one between the 2 big rocks, then I proceed to the top of the hill and watch. As soon as I see some one go through, I placed the 3rd one. It's a lot of fun to watch :lol:

@slims:
:lol: , never seen that one, that's comedy gold right there 👍
 
Last edited:
That's why I stay out of ground war. I had a game where I died 13 times, and almost all of them were from noobtubes. It's TDM and domination with more noobs.
 
slight of hand pro = faster aim. Quicker reloading is just a bonus.
 
Quick reloading is useful, especially with a LMG, but faster ADS really isn't so necessary, except maybe for quick scoping.
 
You pop around a corner and see a guy same time as he sees you. He goes for his gun, you go for yours. Who wins? The guy that gets his gun up first.



or the loser with the commando knife. but thats another story.
 
Any good player hits fire as they are going into aim, not after, when caught in a clutch situation. You should already be firing by the times the sights are rising, yes sleight of hand pro helps but it's not a big deal. Either way, an extra kill or 2 from those heads up situations versus double the ammo for extra kills each life is a no brainer for me, for an all out rusher going for close quarters, Sleight of Hand Pro is extremely good (and it's the only way to go for snipers) but for a slower based game style, a more ranged or flanking type of player it's kind of wasted. I opt for Steady Aim as the gain whilst shooting initially practically cancels out the gain from SoH Pro, whilst allowing me to keep Marathon or Scav Pro on my default classes. Steady Aim also means you don't need to ADS as much full stop so you can be more mobile and a more difficult target.
 
That's why I stay out of ground war. I had a game where I died 13 times, and almost all of them were from noobtubes. It's TDM and domination with more noobs.

but the problem is none of the other play types have 18 players.
 
Any good player hits fire as they are going into aim, not after, when caught in a clutch situation. You should already be firing by the times the sights are rising, yes sleight of hand pro helps but it's not a big deal. Either way, an extra kill or 2 from those heads up situations versus double the ammo for extra kills each life is a no brainer for me, for an all out rusher going for close quarters, Sleight of Hand Pro is extremely good (and it's the only way to go for snipers) but for a slower based game style, a more ranged or flanking type of player it's kind of wasted. I opt for Steady Aim as the gain whilst shooting initially practically cancels out the gain from SoH Pro, whilst allowing me to keep Marathon or Scav Pro on my default classes. Steady Aim also means you don't need to ADS as much full stop so you can be more mobile and a more difficult target.

Its funny that you mention the firing as aiming in thing. The amount of times I get game winning kill is ridiculous to be honest, I just seem to love getting them and it lets me see how I shoot. Back when I used PP 2000 and now when I use M4A1 and UMP for my Automatic classes I have noticed something funny that I never thought I did.

Just as my gun starts scoping in, I will actually be letting out bullets. So basically, before the gun is fully scoped in, 2 or more bullets have already made there way into the enemy. Just yesterday I had another one of those incidents with the spas, I get it half scoped in and then shoot, not wait for it fully, but shoot just before. This "quick scoping" of the spas actually counts as a hip fire, so while using steady aim I am getting kills towards steady aim pro.

Do you even understand what I mean? I understand it in my own way but it is kinda hard to explain.
 
Back