Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,580 views
Any good player hits fire as they are going into aim, not after, when caught in a clutch situation. You should already be firing by the times the sights are rising, yes sleight of hand pro helps but it's not a big deal. Either way, an extra kill or 2 from those heads up situations versus double the ammo for extra kills each life is a no brainer for me, for an all out rusher going for close quarters, Sleight of Hand Pro is extremely good (and it's the only way to go for snipers) but for a slower based game style, a more ranged or flanking type of player it's kind of wasted. I opt for Steady Aim as the gain whilst shooting initially practically cancels out the gain from SoH Pro, whilst allowing me to keep Marathon or Scav Pro on my default classes. Steady Aim also means you don't need to ADS as much full stop so you can be more mobile and a more difficult target.

This man speaks wisdom! I only run Slight of Hand Pro on a couple of my sniper classes so I can scan a larger area and ADS faster when I see a target moving around. I don't much like to just sit around ADS on a Sniper because it narrows your view so much.

As for other T1 perks, Bling Pro can be quite useful in Hardcore, as ammo goes a long way in that mode since most guns kill in a shot or two. Silenced ACOG FAL with akimbo USPs with Silencers is a pretty amazing setup in HC. And using it with the RPD with Grip and Extended mags is just lol worthy.

By the way, I've changed up my SCAR class. I've got Scavenger instead of Bling now, and i've dropped the noobtube. Secondary is now a SPAS-12 with red dot. Stopping Power and Commando stay though. I must have pissed a lot of people off with my crazy melee lunges yesterday :lol:. In addition to that, I've enabled Tactical Nuke. So, now it's Attack Helicopter, AC130 and Nuke. I'm going to change the chopper for a Harrier though, and I want to change the AC130 for the Chopper Gunner as well.

:lol: Attack Helicopter. Harrier >>>>>>>>> Attack Helicopter, and almost > all aside the AC130. Personally, I prefer the AC130 for getting nukes just because it never gets shot down. Aside from on Highrise, AC130 sucks there.
 
Last edited:
Scav pro if worthless most of the time. How many times do you usually die before you've used the two or three mags you'd usually get? Sure there are plenty of times I've used all my ammo with scav pro but at the same time I can typically get 10+ kills without it. No one ever gets 10+ kills on every life.
 
:lol: Attack Helicopter. Harrier >>>>>>>>> Attack Helicopter, and almost > all aside the AC130. Personally, I prefer the AC130 for getting nukes just because it never gets shot down. Aside from on Highrise, AC130 sucks there.

I just used it because it can get 4 more kills, and that's all I need to get to the AC130, which would take over from there. But now that i'm actually trying to get a nuke, I guess I should switch it to Harrier.

Scav pro if worthless most of the time. How many times do you usually die before you've used the two or three mags you'd usually get? Sure there are plenty of times I've used all my ammo with scav pro but at the same time I can typically get 10+ kills without it. No one ever gets 10+ kills on every life.

Well, when trying to get a nuke, you don't want to be stuck in the situation where you have no ammo left. It comes in handy while on a killstreak. I've been on a killstreak and have run out of ammo countless times and end up dying because of it.
 
If you're going for a nuke sure. If you're actually playing the game though no.
 
PJ, it's not about the Attack Chopper being able to get you four more kills for the AC. It's the fact it'll get shot down the instant you call it in.
 
Does anyone max out their claymores with the scavenger perk? I use that perk regularly with the SCAR-H, you need to just to get extra ammunition for the guns small ammunition that you start with.

The upside of course is that you can replenish your claymores frequently. I like to use a 'collapsing claymore' strategy, for want of a better description, that effectively covers my six. I rarely get killed from behind as I place claymores frequently, to cover my tracks.

There is another possible bonus to this strategy too. You know that when you place two claymores, a third will detonate the last one you placed... Well, if you are savvy, you 'could' use that exploding claymore to your advantage... I have never managed to pull it off in practice, but I am sure that if you knew precisely where the first claymore you placed was, you could kill a player on the other team as you place your next claymore. Has anyone managed to pull this off in the field?
Not yet, but I have been keeping that in mind after I blew myself up with one, one time. :D

I also rarely get killed from behind. In addition to checking your six, you should try to have your back towards the edge of the map, or cover. Not telling you, so much. Just everyone.
Yeah, the trenches are cool too. I tend to shy away from the underground section as it can be a bit of a cauldron of fire.
I also stay away from the bunker, unless there are enemy air support going crazy up there & I haven't died to switch to Cold Blooded class.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I rarely, if ever, venture to the other side of the map too, as it is a snipers paradise with the undulating cover and wide open spaces. That is not really a problem though because there is always something going down by the grave yard! 👍
on wasteland I work the outside from the first house to the houses by the chopper. I don't go on the other side you guys are talking about. Seems to be less cover and more snipers.
I actually like both sides, nearly about the same. I already touched on the church side, let me tell you guys what I like about the chopper side. It's going to be long, so you don't have to read it if you don't want to. If anybody could use the tips, I'd be glad:

While it is true that good sniper or two can control that side, most snipers are super easy picking. Hardest part is just getting in position to shoot. I usually go from cover to cover, use the huge dips in elevation, crawl in spots to get in position.

On the chopper end, I sneak in from the tin shed/wrecked car side. You can spy on them from the cars, peek out with your rifle, shoot, hide. Depending on their strength at that position, I'll work around the shed, and the end of the bush there separating the map. Entire time, I'll have two claymores watching my back. Talk about sweet bonuses, you'll have predator in no time at all, usually. The opposite end on the same side of the map(by the wrecked tank), while you can use the tank, elevation changes for cover, it is tough. I avoid attacking from that side most of the time.

The best position on the chopper side of the map, at least by experience, is at the mounted guns. Now, you have to have UAV, or grasp of what other team is doing, how they are moving. At the gun, I go prone. Switch to whichever gun I need to use at the time. You have to be in prone to be invisible from the snipers, and if they do shoot at you, as soon as you let the mounted gun go, you are behind a strong cover. Usually, at the gun, I will not die until one of them actually make it to my position, shoot me from just few feet away. Basically, against an average team, you pay attention to the other team, utilize both mounted guns, they probably won't be able to get to you until you have an air support or two in the air(TOO LATE!). If they try to get you from the main bunker, you are already in prone position, take them out with your rifle. I prefer ACR or SCAR.

Houses, I never go, unless I was after someone. I usually do pretty good around the houses, but I use an assault rifle, so there's only so much I can do from there. I always win the battle in & around the houses though, so I'm kind of proud about that. I'm usually on the receiving end on head-to-head. :D

Anyway, I hope some of the ramblings help. With the tactic, against most teams(not. good. lol), I usually finish pretty high in kills, almost no deaths. Great k/d booster map, at least for me!
Last night, I was hiding behind a barrier after I got lots of blood on the screen from enemy fire. I wasn't in Last Stand or Final Stand, but a guy threw a stun grenade, and it killed me.


By the way, I've changed up my SCAR class. I've got Scavenger instead of Bling now, and i've dropped the noobtube. Secondary is now a SPAS-12 with red dot. Stopping Power and Commando stay though. I must have pissed a lot of people off with my crazy melee lunges yesterday :lol:. In addition to that, I've enabled Tactical Nuke. So, now it's Attack Helicopter, AC130 and Nuke. I'm going to change the chopper for a Harrier though, and I want to change the AC130 for the Chopper Gunner as well.
Scavenger is amazing. I only wish I had discovered it earlier. :guilty:
:lol: Attack Helicopter. Harrier >>>>>>>>> Attack Helicopter, and almost > all aside the AC130. Personally, I prefer the AC130 for getting nukes just because it never gets shot down. Aside from on Highrise, AC130 sucks there.
I think I got it on Skidrow one time, got maybe one kill? Then again, I truly suck with the AC130. I rarely "kill" with that reward.

Scav pro if worthless most of the time. How many times do you usually die before you've used the two or three mags you'd usually get? Sure there are plenty of times I've used all my ammo with scav pro but at the same time I can typically get 10+ kills without it. No one ever gets 10+ kills on every life.
For claymore users, launcher users, Scav(pro or not) is amazing.
 
I'm the claymore master. You don't have to tell me how to use scav. As for the mounted guns I'd stay far away. There is little to no cover near them and if you're not moving you're going to get shot in the head every time.

Personally if I'm sniping I will always make my way over to the hill on the chopper side. I'll drop a tac insert in the corner of the map and watch the corner for people coming around the bushes/tin shed.
 
PJ, it's not about the Attack Chopper being able to get you four more kills for the AC. It's the fact it'll get shot down the instant you call it in.
Plus the fact that it almost never kills anything.

Ok, so i'll switch it to the Harrier now. I remember 2 weeks ago, on Derail, when I got an attack chopper, it got shot down after 2 kills, but then, the game ended.
 
A big part of why the harrier is better is because you get to place it. The chopper will just fly around the map looking for targets.
 
Ok, so i'll switch it to the Harrier now. I remember 2 weeks ago, on Derail, when I got an attack chopper, it got shot down after 2 kills, but then, the game ended.

Attack Helicopter = Worthless. No incoming strike, people can run faster than it can target them, and so on.

Time_Attack, Scav Pro is amazing. And almost required on certain weapons such as the SCAR and M21 EBR. And probably the WA2000.
 
I'll use scav pro on some setups. Its not needed so much on most setups though. If you're using a tube/claymore then yeah its needed. Otherwise its purely optional.

And the WA2000 isn't nearly as worthless as the M21. Most people don't know it but its probably the best all around sniper rifle in the game.
 
Since my last major slump, I've stuck to my standard on the killstreak. Predator - Harrier - Pavelow. It ain't no home run, but it's usually a solid double(sorry to non-baseball types :D ). While my kill streak won't improve anytime soon with this set up, it helps with my k/d, so much!
I'm the claymore master.
I doubt it. I'm still right here.
As for the mounted guns I'd stay far away. There is little to no cover near them and if you're not moving you're going to get shot in the head every time.

Personally if I'm sniping I will always make my way over to the hill on the chopper side. I'll drop a tac insert in the corner of the map and watch the corner for people coming around the bushes/tin shed.
Who do you think I'm killing with my mounted machine guns? With your high k/d ratio, maybe you are one of the good snipers I literally almost never run into.

From the mounted guns, they almost never get me, including the snipers. Also keep in mind that I'm in prone except to look, or shoot. When they do make it to the dugout area, they usually take a second or two just to find me. And by then, chances are, you are either dead already, or I have my silenced ACR/SCAR sights on you. Don't get me wrong, they do get me, occasionally. And if they've been chased out deep to the other side, I go in from the tank end of the map(graveyard), not the chopper end(wrecked cars).
I'll use scav pro on some setups. Its not needed so much on most setups though. If you're using a tube/claymore then yeah its needed. Otherwise its purely optional.
I'm really surprised you said that. With the high k/d, you don't die a whole lot. You should be having to deviate from your game, running around looking for pick up weapons.
 
I'll use scav pro on some setups. Its not needed so much on most setups though. If you're using a tube/claymore then yeah its needed. Otherwise its purely optional.

And the WA2000 isn't nearly as worthless as the M21. Most people don't know it but its probably the best all around sniper rifle in the game.

Eh, I think the M21 is better than the WA2000 because of the larger clip and less bounce when spamming it. Plus it doesn't cover 1/4 of the screen.

Honestly though, I am a bit surprised at how much you are dismissing Scav Pro. Given most of the better players tend to have a 20 to 25% accuracy, means you effectively need 12 rounds or so from a SCAR per person. Which means you can get about 5 kills on average before you are out of bullets.
 
Maybe he just switches to his rambo knife + his bare hands. :lol:
 
Because I'm lazy to quote, Legendary thats exactly what i'm trying to explain, shooting as you're raising the sights rather then waiting to raise then firing.

Side note, when not using Scav I run out of ammo once per game alot of the time, for example when I'm running Marathon. Lately I'm playing the actual objectives alot more rather then my usual role as slayer which is resulting in me making more use of Marathon then Scavenger, but for defending those objective Scavenger is the bomb.
 
Because I'm lazy to quote, Legendary thats exactly what i'm trying to explain, shooting as you're raising the sights rather then waiting to raise then firing.

Side note, when not using Scav I run out of ammo once per game alot of the time, for example when I'm running Marathon. Lately I'm playing the actual objectives alot more rather then my usual role as slayer which is resulting in me making more use of Marathon then Scavenger, but for defending those objective Scavenger is the bomb.
I forgot to comment on that earlier. I use ACR or SCAR as I said. I should start pulling the trigger as I start aiming, right? It's worth experimenting, me thinks. I'll let you guys know how it went.
 
If you run around a corner and you see a guy, he spots you, you should be hitting fire as fast as you can, and similarly you'll probably be hitting ADS at the same time. This is of course only true of assault rifles and such, not one shot weapons. You may only hit with one of those rounds, but that can make all the difference between life and death in a heads up fight like that. If they haven't spotted you, it's not really worth it, play it safe and get the accurate shots, but if it's a fight to the death it's worth wasting an extra few bullets.

Edit: I've finally overtaken you on kills a6 :lol:
 
:lol: yea, probably won't happen in my entire life with the game, I'm not exactly a big COD player, in tonights session with the GTPers I was the least experienced considerably and usually am, it's 20 hours to Aldo and then it jumps in days.
 
I don't know if anyone else here knows about it, but if you're ever in a TDM game at Terminal, and you start as Rangers, just switch to your shotgun and cut through the little book shop. Yesterday, I got 5 kills at the start of a game there before getting killed by some lucky bugger from behind. The thing is that, they won't be expecting you, they would think that everyone would be shooting at each other in the pathway to the left of it.
 
Thats why I've been using Marathon alot, to get somewhere ahead of the enemy, especially on domination going for early captures on the key flags.
 
I don't know if anyone else here knows about it, but if you're ever in a TDM game at Terminal, and you start as Rangers, just switch to your shotgun and cut through the little book shop. Yesterday, I got 5 kills at the start of a game there before getting killed by some lucky bugger from behind. The thing is that, they won't be expecting you, they would think that everyone would be shooting at each other in the pathway to the left of it.

Umm, I always expect people to be cutting threw the book store. Part of why I claymore it and snipe it from the propane tank area ASAP.
 
Umm, I always expect people to be cutting threw the book store. Part of why I claymore it and snipe it from the propane tank area ASAP.

I don't go through the bookstore, I stay there and wait for the Russians to show up, so i'd be out of sight of any snipers on the tank.
 
I head up to the propane tank as a normal route from the escalator spawn, tip: BLOW IT UP if you're planning on going up there. It's annoying as hell if you leave it to just blow you up instead and I've learnt that lesson quickly.
 
ive found scavenger to be really nice when you've a shield/throwing knife combo. that way you dont need to go pick up your original knife and if it disappears before you can get to it or miss and it goes somewhere that you cant find theres always another laying on the ground.
 
I completely misunderstood about the bookstore thing. I might actually try to cut "through" the bookstore, next time. Cooked frag right into the escalator might pick up couple of kills, maybe more. Then, attempt to kill the rest from the propane area.

I don't know if that will actually work. I always go left, or right. Never in the middle(bookstore), except to block it with a claymore, which I do often.
Edit: I've finally overtaken you on kills a6 :lol:
Let me know when you catch up with me in deaths. :p
 
Eh, I think the M21 is better than the WA2000 because of the larger clip and less bounce when spamming it. Plus it doesn't cover 1/4 of the screen.

You don't spam with it unless you really suck at aiming. I could have someone in my sights for 10 seconds but I'm not going to fire unless I know I'm going to take them out. I'll even let them go if I don't think I have a good enough shot. On top of that I like how stopping power as no effect on the damage multiplier so I can use any other 2nd tier perk I like. Have you seen how horrible the damage multipliers are for the M21? Even with stopping power it will almost always be a 2 shot kill.

I doubt it. I'm still right here.

I challenge you to a claymore only 1v1. Right now. Scared much?

Maybe he just switches to his rambo knife + his bare hands. :lol:

I'm not that bad at knife only. 👍
 
I was playing last night with a load of friends and it seems to me that almost everyone now uses grenade launchers constantly. It's absolutely ridiculous. I've had to start using one myself just to counter them.

Having said that, I was on fire last night. Almost every game I was able to call in an Emergency Airdrop (including on Rust where it was absolutely insane seeing everyone trying to grab the crates) using my TAR-21 + noob tube and AA12 setup (Marathon, Lightweight, Commando). I also did well on Wasteland using the same setup; I went 22-2, including getting an Airstrike that got a quad kill without the use of UAV :)

The best bit about that game was laying down in the grass near the bunker and grenade launching a guy camping on the boxes inside. :lol:
 
Back