Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,750 views
In some cases I decide to not repeat the facts that most of us already know. Other times I'm being purely opinionated.

And most of the time you are alone in your opinion's:sly: But thats the great thing about them, you can have your own, as long as you don't try to make it seem like a fact. I do agree on the FAMAS>M16 though, and everyone knows in COD4 the M16 was a deathbringer. I can't tell you how many times I was on the bad end of that gun one night on Overgrown from the hands of G.T. It seemed as if he had a magnifying glass over the sights sometimes because I would sit there and watch the kill cam and be like, how in the hell can he see me that far away and be that dead on with a damn RDS!?:ouch:
 
Had a nice double collatt. match-winning kill with an extended magazine TAR I picked up on Underpass :D Also getting back into the FAL, real nice gun when you put a sight on it :)

edit: speaking of which, I went 20-7 on Scrapyard with a holo FAL + M1014 :cool:
 
Last edited:
The FAL with the holo is a nice gun, as long as you can aim:) It becomes a really nice gun with a modded controller by the way, I don't use modded in public matches though so don't start shouting wanker at me.
 
Haha, you don't say... with a stock controller the FAL absolutely kills your trigger finger :lol:
 
Wanker :sly:

I'll be home in a bit and will download the pack and probably play some MW2 instead of StarCraft tonight. Wonder how I'll do since I have no clue about these maps and it has been a bit since I played.
 
You'll do fine Cody, it had been at least a week since I'd last played and all I did was run around Invasion for a couple of minutes in a private match to get used to the sensitivity; I was going at or just over 1.00 K/D pretty much right straight off the bat :)
 
I wish you could preview map packs before you get them, as in be able to run around them for maybe 10 minutes before you buy them. If I could have done that I wouldn't have bought them though....
 
I wish you could preview map packs before you get them, as in be able to run around them for maybe 10 minutes before you buy them. If I could have done that I wouldn't have bought them though....
How come?
 
How come?


Because the only map I like is Crash, if the price wouldn't have been so high it I would have got it regardless. I know its only 5 dollars more than normal, but its the principle of what they are doing is the point. They are treating us as we are idiots basically, Activision has gone of the damn deep end and I hated giving them my money after the crap they pulled with IW which was their best developer.
 
These new maps look like all new breeding grounds for campers. Like we didn't have hell with them before.

On a different note, this is the bet score i've ever seen. Imagine his k/d after that game, if it wasn't incredibly high before :crazy:

 
Yes, new maps are camper friendly. I like them though. Great designs unlike the CoD4 map packs.

I come home, it's been a pretty crappy day, but of course, it gets worse. I just determined that my PS3 has shutdown due to Yellow Light Of Death. Second time my PS3 broke, but it's out of warranty this time. When you think it can't get much worse, it will. At least from my experience. :dopey:

P.S. Anyway to fix this thing on your own? Should I send it to SONY for $150 or whatever?
 
These new maps look like all new breeding grounds for campers. Like we didn't have hell with them before.

On a different note, this is the bet score i've ever seen. Imagine his k/d after that game, if it wasn't incredibly high before :crazy:



Wow....

Yes, new maps are camper friendly. I like them though. Great designs unlike the CoD4 map packs.

I come home, it's been a pretty crappy day, but of course, it gets worse. I just determined that my PS3 has shutdown due to Yellow Light Of Death. Second time my PS3 broke, but it's out of warranty this time. When you think it can't get much worse, it will. At least from my experience. :dopey:

P.S. Anyway to fix this thing on your own? Should I send it to SONY for $150 or whatever?


Camper friendly for sure. On your PS3, more than likely it is the cpu/gpu seperating from the board, the exact same problem as 360 had. Sometimes it has been the power supply, but most of them its the cpu/gpu. Look online for repair videos on youtube for fixing it and see if its something you would want to tackle, if you decide you just want to buy a new one and scrap that one I'll buy it:) I buy any broken 360, PS3's, or wii's I come across. Is it the launch system? Also, I am fixing to try to kill digital people on MW2 if you are interested George:sly:
 
Camper friendly for sure. On your PS3, more than likely it is the cpu/gpu seperating from the board, the exact same problem as 360 had. Sometimes it has been the power supply, but most of them its the cpu/gpu. Look online for repair videos on youtube for fixing it and see if its something you would want to tackle, if you decide you just want to buy a new one and scrap that one I'll buy it:) I buy any broken 360, PS3's, or wii's I come across. Is it the launch system? Also, I am fixing to try to kill digital people on MW2 if you are interested George:sly:
I'm like "George", what the heck is he talking about.... :lol: I still don't get that reference you made, something about open catch or rather..... :lol:

With my luck, my X360 will go pretty soon, but my justification in owning two system actually was related to Call of Duty 4. When my PS3's blu-ray went out, I was ADDICTED to CoD4, and while it was out for just one week on warranty repair, I had to go to one of those rent-to-own places to rent a PS3 for a week. :lol: Then came that George W Bush stimulus, and right away, I decided to stimulize BestBuy & Microsoft. This way, I can play CoD with my friends on XBL, plus, I will always have a back up system to play CoD on! :p

Sorry for the long story. I'm not good with soldering, or anything resembling it, so I think I will look into having SONY fix it, especially if it's for $150. I guess I might as well look into the new PS3 slim as well, but I sure had better plans for my money this month! :crazy:

Edit: For anyone who might be interested to know, I just filled out SONY's automated warranty thingy on their website. It says my out-of-warranty repair would set me back $119. Not a bad deal, considering. I think I might go this route.
 
Last edited:
You have no idea how bad my day was. It was terrible, I was looking forward to getting the maps now, after school, BUT NO!!!!!



God I hate my life right now, what a load of crap this day has been. Why should I have to wait for Australias May 6th because America is a day behind? How is that possibly fair, FML! And just why again, do North America get this stupid thing first anyway? Why?
 
You have no idea how bad my day was. It was terrible, I was looking forward to getting the maps now, after school, BUT NO!!!!!



God I hate my life right now, what a load of crap this day has been. Why should I have to wait for Australias May 6th because America is a day behind? How is that possibly fair, FML! And just why again, do North America get this stupid thing first anyway? Why?

Same way Japan get to enjoy Gran Turismo before everyone else. Activision is an American company after all. :)
 
I don't like how the new maps are only available in the map pack playlist. I've been forced to play everything else there is besides TDM. I had never played search & destroy before tonight. I don't like it. I did manage to clutch a round in only my second game though. That was cool.

Its a damn shame I didn't have the nuke on in a game of demolition I played on bailout. I managed a 27 kill streak with just a harrier and my Tar 21.
 
good games tonight ... erm, this morning? its 2a and ive to be up in 4 hours! :lol:
 
You have no idea how bad my day was. It was terrible, I was looking forward to getting the maps now, after school, BUT NO!!!!!



God I hate my life right now, what a load of crap this day has been. Why should I have to wait for Australias May 6th because America is a day behind? How is that possibly fair, FML! And just why again, do North America get this stupid thing first anyway? Why?
Your Playstation didn't break, alright!?

I've had the map packs for about a month now though. :p
I don't like how the new maps are only available in the map pack playlist. I've been forced to play everything else there is besides TDM. I had never played search & destroy before tonight. I don't like it. I did manage to clutch a round in only my second game though. That was cool.

Its a damn shame I didn't have the nuke on in a game of demolition I played on bailout. I managed a 27 kill streak with just a harrier and my Tar 21.
What.

They did that on XBL, then they corrected it in a day, due to customer feedback. They are repeating the most retarded mistake yet again? How could someone be that dumb?

I gotta say though, for that one day, I was also forced to play modes I had never even played before. They weren't bad. No TDMs or anything, but it was tolerable. I was surprised. I probably lost everything I played though.

Edit: I forgot to thank the XBL guys for playing tonight, especially empty space, who I had to pull away from another game. nk4e & breakpoint, it was pleasure, as usual. We did alright. 👍
 
I could be wrong but I played normal TDM after I downloaded the map pack and none of the new maps came up.
 
I could be wrong but I played normal TDM after I downloaded the map pack and none of the new maps came up.
Maybe you just got in a weird cycle. Like I said, they fixed that after only one day on XBL. It was ridiculous. They also had the double XP only on the stimulus modes(non-tdms).

That only makes me madder, as I was planning on double XP'ing on PSN this week, and my playstation's dead. Piece of crap.
 
The double XP is on all playlists. I played in a few different TDM lobbies though and could only play on the old maps. I really don't mind playing most other games if I'm on a good team. Some games though I just don't like.
 
Its always a pleasure a6m5, though I did get pissed off and I started to use the barrett just to even things up.Some of those guys were funny in the lobby.
 
I went to get a hotdog to down it real quick, came back while we were on highrise and A6 is gone. I hate that map so much I refuse to play it, so I just left it sitting there hiding. I got the message from you and just as it was coming up the power went off:( It came back on about 30 later but I couldn't get my router to work after that, got it working about 30 mins ago! Its allot more fun having more than just me or just us (A6 and I is the usual) I can play during the day much easier than at night most of the time though, most people can't. I was playing the lonely sniper role tonight, not getting a ton of kills but also I wasn't dying :)
 
So when is the new map pack available in the EU? I was playing last night at just after midnight and there was no sign of them on the Playstation Store at all, even though there was an 'ad' for them on the game's menu screen.

I noticed a couple of guys on my friends list were playing the new maps then as well. :odd:
 
PlayStation
EU gamers, your Modern Warfare 2 DLC is scheduled for release on Wednesday May 5th with the PSN Store update. about 2 hours ago via CoTweet
When the store updates, I guess. BS that the US gets the update a day before everyone else...
 
I believe they come out when the EU store updates at what I am told is 5pm UK time, early morning for Australia and New Zealand. I actually think that is the proper time so it looks like I have to do another long day of school to play these.
 
It's available for download but when ime trying to add funds via credit card it's coming up with a error of 80710d23. Anyone else experiencing this?
 
I'm having problems too, but I'm getting 80023103... Grrr... I bet it is because the server is overloaded, it has to be, because my credentials are correct! :grumpy:
 
Played them till about 3am last night. First game was Domination on Storm was up against an entire clan of lvl 70s using Danger close and noob tubes. Not a great way to start the night. :ouch:

Crash - Sweeeeet! Can see why it was one of the favourite maps from CoD 4. Quite a balanced map with a great layout. Really good map for Domination and Team Deathmatch.

Overgrown - Only played a couple S&D games on it since it wasn't in rotation as much as the rest. Seems like it would be a good sniping map though.

Salvage - Shotgun heaven! Heard some players on their mics saying this map sucks. Don't see why since I had a blast running around downing people with my Spas-12. Quite open with some narrow passages to ambush people and plant claymores.

Storm - Pretty good. It's non linear layout means there's a lot of different ways to move around the map and makes for some interesting objective based games. Only downside I can see is that it might become a camping map because once you're up in on of the buildings you tend to have large views of areas so you can pick off people quite easily. There are a lot of different ways to flank people so hopefully it shouldn't be too bad.

Bailout - Definitely my least favourite map. I don't if it's just me not knowing the map or what but it was like once I moved from a building out into the open it was almost always instant death. There are so many different spots where the enemy can see you and shoot you from that it seems like suicide. One good thing is that there aren't too many choke points. I think I just have to learn the map more and take my time.

Overall I guess 3.5/5. Would give it 4.5/5 if they would let you choose what mode you want to play. Not a huge fan of the Mosh Pit setup.

Oh and one more thing. Bonus exp ftw! :D

EDIT: Does anyone know how long the double exp is going on for?
 
I went to get a hotdog to down it real quick, came back while we were on highrise and A6 is gone. I hate that map so much I refuse to play it, so I just left it sitting there hiding. I got the message from you and just as it was coming up the power went off:( It came back on about 30 later but I couldn't get my router to work after that, got it working about 30 mins ago! Its allot more fun having more than just me or just us (A6 and I is the usual) I can play during the day much easier than at night most of the time though, most people can't. I was playing the lonely sniper role tonight, not getting a ton of kills but also I wasn't dying :)
You did a better job than me. I was looking at the kill icons while trying to watch out who was running around like an fool and trying to get me from a distance.Slims, it should just go for the week of it coming out. It did it for XBL.
 
Back