Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,803 views
You did a better job than me. I was looking at the kill icons while trying to watch out who was running around like an fool and trying to get me from a distance.Slims, it should just go for the week of it coming out. It did it for XBL.



On Invasion I swear every single time I would scope up on someone you would hit them with you snippy rifle from another spot before I hit them:grumpy: haha. On that map I was back in the fort area and you and A6 had came up there chasing a guy and were just running around inside and both of you ran out after not seeing him and then he came out behind you guys and got stabbed by me:tup: I have started using a HBS on my sniper setup, I didn't think I would like it but its nice. I found out before I prestiged that when you have the HBS on the FAL you can still see the entire HBS screen when aiming down the sights!
 
Can anyone tell me if you can still get to the roof on Crash via the lampost jump?
 
Can anyone tell me if you can still get to the roof on Crash via the lampost jump?



No you can't now. They patched it, the a/c vent you jump on will now just let you fall through:tdown:
 
Well, its about time but I cant play them till around 10 and a half hours from now :(. They are currently at 30% with 36minutes to go. On my time that should finish at 6:58am and I have to leave for school at 7:10am :(.
 
I downloaded mine with in 10 mins.
Must have been lucky.
 
I downloaded mine with in 10 mins.
Must have been lucky.
Not lucky, just have fast internet and what I presume would be either a wired or closer wireless connection. My internet is slow and my PS3 is over the other side of the house. While I just took a break for some homework, my ps3 has had a slow down and says 50% 29 mins to go...
 
I just looked at the currency converter and apparently 15USD is 16AUD, so if the price is even 20AUD that is screwed.
Had to quote myself here...

It was most certainly not 16AUD, I was looking at something more along the lines of $21.95AUD, ridiculous but I had 30 on the wallet so I guess its fine. The only other thing I will probably use the wallet for would be to get a premium avatar...

EDIT: Failed, sorry for the double....
 
Well, I've played a few rounds, and Storm I think is my favorite right now... went 27/7 in a regular TDM on it... having never played the map nor seen it in my life.
 
I like storm and bailout the best out of the new maps. Salvage & crash I could do without. Overgrown is pretty good to.
 
Bailout is complete rubbish, Bailout and Highrise are the only two maps on MW2 that I just can't stand, as a matter of fact I hate them so bad that when they come up and I am jamming with people I know I just hide somewhere for the entire match so I won't have to play them. Usually on highrise I will run to the window with my M107 at the start and try to get a collateral since it is pretty easy because the other team all runs out the same window there, I will switch to a CB/Ninja class after that and when I die I will jump down and hang out on the side of the building and eat something etc. until the match is over. Bailout I don't hate as much as Highrise but I still don't play it, I will use the CB/Ninja class and a silenced Spas and camp the living hell out of the gym area the entire match. Crash was one of my favorite maps in COD4 and I was glad to see it, I usually viddy pretty well on Crash.


Did you PS3 guys get the update with the map pack that prevents elevators and tweaked some of the guns?
 
Elevators were prevented a very long time ago, though a patch was released 1.10. As I've said before to friends, the PS3 version is relatively hack free and I haven't seen a single case of glitching or any sort of hacks in the past couple of months bar one incident with a guy under the map on Favela. It's only the general idiotic but legit things that are annoying such as Commando, Danger Close and such.
 
Map pack cost me $27.50 :crazy:

Why was there a download for every possible MW2 disc ID?



edcit: I can't get into MP, it keeps getting stuck on "fetching playlists" and "updating ranks and unlocks" :/
 
Last edited:
Elevators were prevented a very long time ago, though a patch was released 1.10. As I've said before to friends, the PS3 version is relatively hack free and I haven't seen a single case of glitching or any sort of hacks in the past couple of months bar one incident with a guy under the map on Favela. It's only the general idiotic but legit things that are annoying such as Commando, Danger Close and such.

Elevators weren't patched long ago, you could still do them on PS3 but they were suppose to release the patch for them with the map pack, just as they did with 360. My cousin plays it on PS3 and I had no trouble showing him the Favela elevator just about 2 weeks ago. As far as getting under Favela, I have never seen that, looks like I am going to have to do some digging now. The PS3 is super easy to mode on because of the way the file system is, all you need is notepad and a flash drive. Now they have made it to where on the 360 you can save to a flash drive which is going to open up a huge hole in that security wall they have been putting up for preventing the modders from getting into the land of the fair play:tdown: Good job M$:crazy:
 
There we go, everything's working now. I was worried for a moment. :lol:
 
i like high rise up until the other team spawn traps us.

in bail out, most of the action is at B (even if there is no B) and people firing from the house to the gym. the open area around A is usually pretty covered by people defending the back side of B.

ill be online tonight if you guys are up to it. i just dont want to be up past midnight ... :lol:

who was that 4th gtp guy with us last night?
 
Chuck Norris guy, right? I think he was a phony. I do that sometimes to tease other people. At first, I thought it was one of you guy's friends, but figured that you'll let me know if it was.
Bailout - Definitely my least favourite map. I don't if it's just me not knowing the map or what but it was like once I moved from a building out into the open it was almost always instant death. There are so many different spots where the enemy can see you and shoot you from that it seems like suicide. One good thing is that there aren't too many choke points. I think I just have to learn the map more and take my time.
While Bailout is also my least favorite, I did like all five. I'm not too crazy about Bailout, because that's all I got to play, when the pack first came out.

On different spots they can shoot you from, remember that you can completely reverse that advantage to your side. Once you get the hang of the flow, at least on TDMs, you'll learn which route they'll try to take. Shoot them as they come across the corner, if they hide around the corner, I usually AT4 them. My best kills on that map usually comes across the map though. RPD with grip is my favorite. No reloading = Tons of killing :lol:
On Invasion I swear every single time I would scope up on someone you would hit them with you snippy rifle from another spot before I hit them:grumpy: haha. On that map I was back in the fort area and you and A6 had came up there chasing a guy and were just running around inside and both of you ran out after not seeing him and then he came out behind you guys and got stabbed by me:tup: I have started using a HBS on my sniper setup, I didn't think I would like it but its nice. I found out before I prestiged that when you have the HBS on the FAL you can still see the entire HBS screen when aiming down the sights!
Getting saved by, or saving your teammate always feels so sweet. :D:tup: I know somebody saved my life in Invasion last night. Maybe it was when you took that guy out.
 
i love it when my f2000 gets me a mvp :D i know its not epic but a 22 - 4 is awesome for me :D
 
[youtubehd]cPVpGOYoYII[/youtubehd]
5:56... wallbang collateral double headshot :eek:
 
you guys should be online. im having a really good night (for me) with my precious f2000 :D
 
[empty space];3847684
you guys should be online. im having a really good night (for me) with my precious f2000 :D
Right on, count me in. I'll be on in a bit.
 
even with the map pack I still don't feel that stimulated to play. I wish they'd come out with a simple playlist that took out all the junk everyone hates and just let you play the game.
 
even with the map pack I still don't feel that stimulated to play. I wish they'd come out with a simple playlist that took out all the junk everyone hates and just let you play the game.
Have they still not fixed that cluster stimulus package?
 
Apparently not.

Got an AC in a care package, right as I picked up the airdrop crate and prepared to call it in, the game ended. :/
 
Have they still not fixed that cluster stimulus package?

I haven't played at all today. I think you misunderstood what I was talking about though. I'm not sure how hard it would be to put into the game but if they made a play list that removed some things from the game like commando and death streaks and forced everyone to use a 3-5-7 kill streak setup and called it something like "cod classic" I think a lot of people would play it.
 
Apparently not.

Got an AC in a care package, right as I picked up the airdrop crate and prepared to call it in, the game ended. :/

I got a AC130 in a domination game, and called it in, then the game ended, before I could even get a single kill. I also got a Chopper Gunner in a care package, on Rust, bloody Rust, and just as it got called in, the game ended.
 
I haven't played at all today. I think you misunderstood what I was talking about though. I'm not sure how hard it would be to put into the game but if they made a play list that removed some things from the game like commando and death streaks and forced everyone to use a 3-5-7 kill streak setup and called it something like "cod classic" I think a lot of people would play it.
I see what you mean. You know how players complain about camping? I've had similar idea about TDM that would penalize you for staying in one area too long. Like take perk 2 away, maybe even radiation poisoning penalty, you get the idea. Barebone TDM would be interesting, but I guess creating additional modes could thin out the amount of people available for each game types. Say if everybody played only three, four game types, I'd imagine that would boost the amount of matches with better connection by localizing, reducing the amount of lag when you play.
 
Anti camping penalties would be a lot harder to implement properly especially in objective type games. I think most good players will tend to know the spots to expect someone to be camping and play accordingly.
 
With all the spots there are to camp if you checked them all while making your way around the map you would never get around the freaking map. I really hope that when Black Ops comes out all of the idiots that do things in this game that are just ruining the game for me stay with this turd. Hopefully Treyarch has been watching this game and learned from its horrible mistakes when it comes to perks and killstreaks and just does something a little simpler like the old 3-5-7 killstreaks that aren't customizable!
 
I think most good players will tend to know the spots to expect someone to be camping and play accordingly.
If you play it enough, you should know all the spots. But you are right, not everybody play accordingly.

Edit: breakpoint, I tried to read your post, but all I saw was your avatar. Huh? I'm listening!
 
I remember reading something to that effect. I believe kill streaks may still be customizable but there wont be a nuke. They're also talking about going back to the older perks which means no commando. There is also talk about having only pistol secondaries with shotguns as primaries and even possibly having the knife be a secondary.
 
Back