Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 487,087 views
I remember reading something to that effect. I believe kill streaks may still be customizable but there wont be a nuke. They're also talking about going back to the older perks which means no commando. There is also talk about having only pistol secondaries with shotguns as primaries and even possibly having the knife be a secondary.
Bite you tongue! If I had my RPD, I'd shot you for saying that!

Please.... don't take away the scavenger...... :(
 
I play without it anyway. I only have it on my stinger class. I picked up a gun the other day and thought to myself, dang this thing has a lot of ammo... Oh yeah he was using scav pro.

If you think about it not having scav/oma would really cut down on the tubing. I'm all for having bandolier back as a perk. Lose the danger close to. Maybe even go so far as having the stinger/rpg back as perk 1.
 
I don't really have any problems with the launchers of any kind.
 
Elevators weren't patched long ago, you could still do them on PS3 but they were suppose to release the patch for them with the map pack, just as they did with 360. My cousin plays it on PS3 and I had no trouble showing him the Favela elevator just about 2 weeks ago. As far as getting under Favela, I have never seen that, looks like I am going to have to do some digging now. The PS3 is super easy to mode on because of the way the file system is, all you need is notepad and a flash drive. Now they have made it to where on the 360 you can save to a flash drive which is going to open up a huge hole in that security wall they have been putting up for preventing the modders from getting into the land of the fair play:tdown: Good job M$:crazy:

That's very odd then, I know at least the Derail elevators were taken out as I've watched people trying to do them before the recent patch and failing badly. Also if it's so easy to mod the PS3 version, why do I barely see anyone doing it? I'm not asking in a sense that you are wrong as I don't know about the subject, but I seem to be seeing and hearing alot more issues with 360 titles then any on PS3.
 
That's very odd then, I know at least the Derail elevators were taken out as I've watched people trying to do them before the recent patch and failing badly. Also if it's so easy to mod the PS3 version, why do I barely see anyone doing it? I'm not asking in a sense that you are wrong as I don't know about the subject, but I seem to be seeing and hearing alot more issues with 360 titles then any on PS3.


It might be an issue with the people that are trying the elevators, I can hit the Derail one in less than 20 seconds most of the time. The main deal with the 360 now is the Jtagged 360's that are hosting lobbies and some of the mods infect and then those people join public matches and spread it that way. The actual modding is easier on PS3 though since you only need a flash drive, you don't remember on COD4 all of the infinite ammo and "ufo" crap that was going on? It was all on PS3 and none of that ever effected 360, it seems to jump around console wise for some reason. Like tonight when I played with A6 for a bit I joined his match and had to back out because there were some douch bags in there using mods, they were speed mods so it was like you were lagging terribly even though you had great connection. You would see them and then they would vanish and then you would get knifed from the rear by them:ouch: That could have been a mod or them using a lag switch, its impossible to tell.
 
Bite you tongue! If I had my RPD, I'd shot you for saying that!

Please.... don't take away the scavenger...... :(
I don't think that they won't. But for sure lightweight and commando
 
Lightweight is fine. I use it on my Uzi/akimbo Glock class, not everyone uses it for knifing :D
 
Lightweight really doesn't make a huge change in a rush/knife class. I use it on my rush class but just to rush just that fraction faster. It comes in handy to make your sway faster also, it can make a non smg sway like a smg.
 
New maps = so far so good.
 
Well, I've played some games and I am just seeing a ton of camping. 2 people in virtually every game I played would corner sit with a heartbeat sensor, and more than a few times I saw HBS + Thermal sniper rifles.

I dunno, this game is just... I dunno. Of course, I see the same crap in every game - people trying to find "easy" ways to win games with "tricks" or such.
 
Ergh, it turns out everyone seems to be camping :(

It is just a little bit annoying, I do quite like Salvage.
 
One thing I notice when I play online with my clan - the TW&T's (swap the & for an A and you have our clan tag :sly: ), is that we regularly get called campers. Now for me, the definition of a camper is a noob that hides in a corner and shoots the first thing that walks by, usually poorly. :sly:

My clan does not do that, but what we do do, is control areas of the map. Sometimes we are in the 'box' sometimes they are in the 'box'. The box is, if you are unsure of the meaning, the area that the opposing team most likely spawns from.

On COD4 we had mastered the spawn points on every map, and could consistently manufacture a win just by managing where the other team spawned. It is a little harder on MW2, but we use the same tactics to great effect.

Would you consider our strategy camping? I do not think that it is camping. Granted it may be infuriating, but camping, it is not! 👍

New maps = so far so good.

Yep, I agree! What I don't like thought, are the crappy playlists.

One thing I did notice, especially on the old COD4 maps was the amount of players walking around the maps like they had never played them before. Man, I was getting some free kills last night because of that! 👍
 
Lightweight really doesn't make a huge change in a rush/knife class. I use it on my rush class but just to rush just that fraction faster. It comes in handy to make your sway faster also, it can make a non smg sway like a smg.

I do not think Lightweight is that big of a deal either.

Commando is the issue and it is probably the only thing that annoys me at times in the game because assault rifles have an issue dealing with it; a majority of the time, assault rifles do not pump out damage fast enough to kill a Commando user in close quarters. With that said, I should also not be getting myself caught in situations having an assault rifle out, where I should instead be using a shotgun. A Commando user is nicely countered by a shotgun.

On a different topic, but still pertinent to Lightweight, I just changed my Marathon/Lightweight/Ninja class to include a Silenced TAR-21, instead of the UMP45. I did this because I was tired of getting caught out in mid-range engagements with people using assault rifles and the recoil on the UMP45 being a bit too much to manage to get enough hits to kill before dieing myself. The class change worked very nicely on Wasteland last night. The M1014 would clear out the bunker and the TAR-21 would help a bunch every where else on the map.

One thing I did notice, especially on the old COD4 maps was the amount of players walking around the maps like they had never played them before. Man, I was getting some free kills last night because of that! 👍

I have not purchased the Map Pack yet--I will probably pick it up tomorrow--but that is going to be once I do because I did not play CoD4 online.

My clan does not do that, but what we do do, is control areas of the map. Sometimes we are in the 'box' sometimes they are in the 'box'. The box is, if you are unsure of the meaning, the area that the opposing team most likely spawns from.

Would you consider our strategy camping? I do not think that it is camping. Granted it may be infuriating, but camping, it is not! 👍

I would not consider it camping. Patrolling an area is an effective tactic. I regularly head in the opposite direction of where my team is going, as patrolling a separate area of the map makes my team more effective; the only issue I run into by doing this is I sometimes encounter multiple members of the opposing team at once, which usually is not a good situation to be in. :lol:

I had an incident yesterday that could be considered "camping" on Favela. I was in the building that has the banana leaves just outside. I was using Claymores with Scavenger, so I had a claymore setup at the door. Watching my radar I knew I had an opposing player behind me, to the side, and in the distance because my teammates were being shot at in each of these areas. Knowing this, I hunkered down hoping my team would clear one of the areas and I would be able to move from my positions; they did not. I managed maybe four kills between my M1014 and claymores while sitting there waiting for one of the areas to clear. I was killed by a well thrown Semtex, otherwise I may have continued to sit there because the area was still very hot at the time of my death. I may have been "camping", but it was only done because I was pinned down and I was not going to run senselessly to my death, especially when I was continuing to get kills at short intervals.

I do not have a real big issue with camping; granted, I am annoyed by it, especially when most of a team effectively holds down one area, but it is generally not a smart idea to continue running into the same trap multiple times. Doing so only leads to frustration/anger, which further causes your gaming experience and gaming abilities to suffer. It is a better idea to keep a cool head and try a different approach to counter the opposing team. I just thought of this, but it is a good analogy of my thoughts while playing Modern Warfare 2, MW2 could be thought of as a slightly more violent version of chess. By that, I mean your opening, mid-game, and end-game strategy may need to be adjusted to counter what the opponent is throwing in your direction. Just last night, I noticed myself getting frustrated in one game and realized it was because I was making the same mistakes over and over. To fix that, I needed to try something different. I did the best to straighten my thoughts out, tried a different approach, and because of that, I was able to turn my score for the better. The results may not always be good, but keeping a cool head will help out more than being angry.

Remember, Modern Warfare 2 is a game and the point of a game is to have fun. It is not worth stressing or becoming upset/angry about this game because someone is playing better than you currently are. If I was getting dominated, then most likely I was doing something wrong and I should have adapted accordingly. Furthermore, negative games should be viewed as a learning experience, as those games teach much more about proper tactics/strategy than a positive game ever will. It is what you make of getting dominated that determines your effectiveness at and future enjoyment of this game.
 
Gosh that took some time to read but you are right.
It's a game so have fun and learn from your bad experiences and better yourself.
I played about 40 mins yesterday on the new maps and liked all the ones I played even though my team list most of the games.
Never got to try the older mw1 maps though.

Edit. Is it me or don't you think these new maps were made for 1 perk and 1 equipment in mind.
Scavenger and claymores.
 
I put the striker on my silenced tar class the other day. I don't know why people don't use it more often it seems a lot like the m1014 but with a bigger clip. The longer reload doesn't effect me since I use slight of hand.

I did notice something odd though. Maybe its just my headset picking up the sound more so than the tv would but it has a really weird reload sound every time you put a shell in.
 
yes, commando = bad. i was standing in one houses in the new map and got knifed from the ground while i was standing in the attic.

also, dont take away my scavenger! i need it for my AA class, specially since it takes three stingers to shoot down an ac130.

i used to use the striker, but, the range of the spaz wins out over the strikers rapid fire.
 
I use the spas only for its one shot kill ability. If it wasn't for that it would be worthless.
 
[empty space];3848192
the spaz has awesome range for a shot gun.

It does as long as you target accurately, where as at close range you only really need the opponent on screen to register a hit/kill. Odd since surely the opposite would be true IRL?
 
It does as long as you target accurately, where as at close range you only really need the opponent on screen to register a hit/kill. Odd since surely the opposite would be true IRL?

idk about irl, but, it is nice when two people are next two each other and one pull of the trigger nets you a double kill :lol:

[edit -35 more head shots to master 1 for the f2000 :D ]
 
Last edited:
Are the new maps in the TDM map cycle yet? I can only see the new maps if I play the Stimulus lobby (which I'm getting slaughtered by noobtube and camper :grumpy:) . So far Crash and Storm is my favorite, next is Bailout.
 
Nice post Vash, I couldn't agree with you more! 👍

I am annoyed by it, especially when most of a team effectively holds down one area, but it is generally not a smart idea to continue running into the same trap multiple times.

:lol: My clan and I had a funny match the other night on Derail.

We were playing HCHQ and the HQ was in the top of the central building, by the overturned train wreck. We got to there first, and secured the area with claymores and setup sniping positions etc.

I was at the stairwell from the darkened entrance, and I place a claymore halfway up the stairs that killed a guy. I then when further down and placed another, withdrew back and placed yet another and waited. I killed two more guys, and using the scavenger perk reloaded my claymores.

I kept on doing the same tactic - varying my claymore placement, and eventually managed 15 claymore kills! I would have gotten more, but the WHOLE team steamed up the stairs, and my claymores ran out! I did wonder though, why no one on the other team thought to throw grenades or spam the windows with 40's...
 
i really wish you could pick the order in which you unlock weapons.

does fmj add recoil or is it my imagination?
 
[empty space];3848392
i really wish you could pick the order in which you unlock weapons.

does fmj add recoil or is it my imagination?

Some guns it feels like it does, like the FAL I thought was a bit more bouncy with FMJ. Same with some of the SMGs.

And I'll probably never use the F2000 ever again, since I have 777 kills with it on my Prestige count :lol:
 
f2000 - 1448 kills and 257 head shots.

m4 - erm, over 2500 :lol: and 315 head shots

but you get the m4 right away and i just used that until i got veteran 3. i always use the f2000 once i hit level 60 though ill probably switch to the ak once i hit 70 and stick with that until the prestige button lights up again.
 
[empty space];3848436
f2000 - 1448 kills and 257 head shots.

m4 - erm, over 2500 :lol: and 315 head shots

but you get the m4 right away and i just used that until i got veteran 3. i always use the f2000 once i hit level 60 though ill probably switch to the ak once i hit 70 and stick with that until the prestige button lights up again.

Allow me to show you something...

IMG_1234.jpg


Add the RPD to that list and soon the WA2000 as well.
 
Which challenge are those for? Veteran III?
 
Hey now Azure what's wrong with HBS + Thermal snipers?!? I love having the HBS on my WA2k, but I only use it for defense. That beep while I'm scoped in is a real life saver. I don't us the thermal though, I can't hit crap with it.
 
Back