Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,839 views
Which challenge are those for? Veteran III?

Mastery Challenge. So unlocking every attachment, including extended mags.

[empty space];3848517
congrats, your better than me 👍

:lol: You sound a touch... touchy :p I was more making a point I've spent far too much time fiddling with the weapons.

Hey now Azure what's wrong with HBS + Thermal snipers?!? I love having the HBS on my WA2k, but I only use it for defense. That beep while I'm scoped in is a real life saver. I don't us the thermal though, I can't hit crap with it.

HBS alone on a Sniper isn't bad. Hell, I have a Barret with one, but I was seeing M21 HBS + Thermal, and on a rifle where you generally need to two shots to kill, you tend to run out of those 30 rounds very quickly. And thermal is for blind people, and HBS is for deaf people :dopey: But the pinnacle of the of the noobish setup was the guy would miss me with the whole clip, then switch to akimbo G18s and need about half of each clip from those to drop me. Just one of those combos where they really aren't planning on killing more than a few people before they die/run out of bullets.
 
Good news, PS3 dudes:
Robert Bowling
I think it's about time to add the Stimulus maps to all playlists on PS3, what do you think @playstation players? Sound like a plan?

👍
 
I would not consider it camping. Patrolling an area is an effective tactic. I regularly head in the opposite direction of where my team is going, as patrolling a separate area of the map makes my team more effective; the only issue I run into by doing this is I sometimes encounter multiple members of the opposing team at once, which usually is not a good situation to be in. :lol:

I had an incident yesterday that could be considered "camping" on Favela. I was in the building that has the banana leaves just outside. I was using Claymores with Scavenger, so I had a claymore setup at the door. Watching my radar I knew I had an opposing player behind me, to the side, and in the distance because my teammates were being shot at in each of these areas. Knowing this, I hunkered down hoping my team would clear one of the areas and I would be able to move from my positions; they did not. I managed maybe four kills between my M1014 and claymores while sitting there waiting for one of the areas to clear. I was killed by a well thrown Semtex, otherwise I may have continued to sit there because the area was still very hot at the time of my death. I may have been "camping", but it was only done because I was pinned down and I was not going to run senselessly to my death, especially when I was continuing to get kills at short intervals.

I do not have a real big issue with camping; granted, I am annoyed by it, especially when most of a team effectively holds down one area, but it is generally not a smart idea to continue running into the same trap multiple times. Doing so only leads to frustration/anger, which further causes your gaming experience and gaming abilities to suffer. It is a better idea to keep a cool head and try a different approach to counter the opposing team. I just thought of this, but it is a good analogy of my thoughts while playing Modern Warfare 2, MW2 could be thought of as a slightly more violent version of chess. By that, I mean your opening, mid-game, and end-game strategy may need to be adjusted to counter what the opponent is throwing in your direction. Just last night, I noticed myself getting frustrated in one game and realized it was because I was making the same mistakes over and over. To fix that, I needed to try something different. I did the best to straighten my thoughts out, tried a different approach, and because of that, I was able to turn my score for the better. The results may not always be good, but keeping a cool head will help out more than being angry.

Remember, Modern Warfare 2 is a game and the point of a game is to have fun. It is not worth stressing or becoming upset/angry about this game because someone is playing better than you currently are. If I was getting dominated, then most likely I was doing something wrong and I should have adapted accordingly. Furthermore, negative games should be viewed as a learning experience, as those games teach much more about proper tactics/strategy than a positive game ever will. It is what you make of getting dominated that determines your effectiveness at and future enjoyment of this game.
I second what Mag said. Great post. 👍

On camping, when they repeatedly come back for more, it is the "shame on them" situation. It's not the camper's fault that he can just reel it in from the room, building, etc. Now, if that camper just stay there even after the action had moved on somewhere else on the map, then you better get your act straight for sure.
Good news, PS3 dudes:


👍
How is that good news? They "fixed" that mistake on Xbox Live in a day! This time, going in, they knew that it would annoy people, they did it their way anyway, then took half a week fixing it. I don't see it as acceptable delivery on their part. 👎👎 If my PS3 wasn't broke, I'd be really upset. :lol: Not upset at you, Sharky. You are so quick with your info(& Legendary is aware of this :p), it is much appreciated. I just think IW is screwing around, not doing their job, or show that they are on top of things.
 
There are people at IW that still have a job?
I know, I should cut them some slack(NO). But really, how hard would it have been to include new maps in standard play lists? They had a month!
 
How is that good news?
It's good that they're going to "correct" it? :lol:

a6m5
This time, going in, they knew that it would annoy people, they did it their way anyway, then took half a week fixing it. I don't see it as acceptable delivery on their part. 👎👎
Don't get me wrong, I completely agree - they should've learnt their lesson when the map pack hit XBL. Obviously they didn't learn their lesson, but at least they do recognise that people don't want to be stuck playing mosh pit forever - sure it'll have been around a week between the pack being released and the maps being added to all playlists, but at least they are actually adding them to all gametypes.

a6m5
I just think IW is screwing around, not doing their job, or show that they are on top of things.
What TA said. :lol:
 
I still can't believe people are stupid enough to buy these new map packs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Probably the worst value for money DLC ever released and all you're doing is feeding a company that has ripped both its key developers out millions and encouraging them to retain the utterly ridiculous price point for 3 very average maps and 2 old ones.
 
So you've obviously downloaded them if you can indeed say they are the worst value for money. In that case you're calling yourself stupid. Therefore why should anyone listen to you?
 
Why bother even commenting?

Decided to take the Raffica out for a spin (and also because I hadn't used it at all), replaced the akimbo Glocks on my UMP marathon/lightweight/ninja class, went 17-10 with it in a TDM on Bailout :)
 
The Raffica is a nice alternative to the Handguns, as it is much faster to switch to than the G18 or PP2000. I used it quite a bit before I became obsessed with Handguns as my secondaries (at some 1500 kills now with the USP...)
 
I think people like marchi has the right to comment. Where he is out of line is calling us stupid, just because we either don't share his views on Activision, or agree on the value of this map pack download.

For me, bottom line, the game is worth much, much more than $59.99. Rip off? Probably. Do I actually feel ripped off? Not really. Taking the online multiplay into consideration, the game is easily worth over a hundred bucks in my opinion.
 
So Azuremen, or anyone else who's got a lot of weapon masteries, what are some good ways to get bullet penetration kills using FMJ?
 
So Azuremen, or anyone else who's got a lot of weapon masteries, what are some good ways to get bullet penetration kills using FMJ?
I looked for penetration kills on certain maps like Rundown, where there are plenty of thin walls you can shoot people through. People like to shoot out of windows, and for me, they were the easy target for this job.
 
Highrise. See video:
[youtubehd]G6u_t_5enT4[/youtubehd]

Also, Crash apparently hates me. I haven't had it pop up in the Stimulus playlist at all since I got the map pack. I've been playing all afternoon, and you guessed it. No Crash. Didn't get Crash yesterday either.
 
It's funny how you keep seeing same set of maps all night long, maybe even the next day. I'm not even sure if Karachi map still exist. I don't think I've seen that map in about a week! :lol:
 
So Azuremen, or anyone else who's got a lot of weapon masteries, what are some good ways to get bullet penetration kills using FMJ?

Certain maps, like Highrise and Scrapyard. Also, getting kills through chainlink fences, glass, etc also count towards penetration kills, which helps a lot with a sniper rifle. Though, honestly, I did all the sniper rifles in Hardcore TDM, the Intervention was especially fun. I'm at about 15 FMJ kills on the WA2000 in Core Ground War, but I'm sure I could be done with it if I went to HC TDM in an afternoon.

Skidrow is quite good for SMGs, especially in Domination when defending B. And I oddly enough did the FMJ on the Vector while using Thermal... made it easier to aim through walls a bit since I could clearly see the person versus whatever they were behind from a slightly safer distance.
 
ive always thought killing people through your team mates counts towards penetration kills, presuming youre not in HC.
 
[empty space];3848733
ive always thought killing people through your team mates counts towards penetration kills, presuming youre not in HC.

It does. So does killing people through their team mates.
 
i found that out when i got tired of dieing because of team mates walking between me and my target. no FF = keep firing :erm:
 
I wish I was so lucky as to never play on karachi. Soon as I went into the map pack playlist the first two games were on crash. It seems to me like thats the only map half the time.
 
I finally got a game on Crash :D Demolition, went 25-22 with FMJ + Holo TAR. Only five penetration kills off extended mags, I had at least seven penetration kills in that match alone :cool: One was penetration through the bomb site at A (er... whichever one is in the middle of the alley) :lol:

Nice map, really nice map.
 
So you've obviously downloaded them if you can indeed say they are the worst value for money. In that case you're calling yourself stupid. Therefore why should anyone listen to you?

No, i've not been stupid enough to fork out $15 aud for a game pack, that is quite frankly embarrassing. I've played the maps on a friends playstation and there is nothing exciting or fantastic about any of them.

But congratulations. All you've done is allowed activision in the future to bend you back over the barrel. $15 for 3 maps. How about asking them to actually pay the people that made these games great in the first place instead of ripping off not only the developers, but the consumers...

Instead most of you are so excited about 3 new completely average maps that you think that is value for money. Maybe if it went towards fixing up the online bugs in the game, then perhaps it would be worth it, but all its doing is lining the pockets of the pricks at activision. To bad when the day does come that Respawn launch their next title, you'll be all too busy playing a cheap knock off and paying well over the norm for it.

And we're suppose to be an evolving race :indiff:
 
15 bucks isn't much money, I spend more than that in a week on total crap like Chai tea and skoal. Just because you aren't buying them doesn't mean that the millions of other people that play the gamer aren't, I figured the maps wouldn't be great but I was sick of playing the same old maps. Are you planning on getting Halo Reach?
 
I keep getting signed out of psn with the error code:

80028ed6

This only happens when I turn on MW2, the second I close MW2 I can sign back in, I dont want to re download the latest patch because it is 318mb, does anyone have a solution?

My post in the General Discussion thread.
 
15 bucks isn't much money, I spend more than that in a week on total crap like Chai tea and skoal. Just because you aren't buying them doesn't mean that the millions of other people that play the gamer aren't, I figured the maps wouldn't be great but I was sick of playing the same old maps. Are you planning on getting Halo Reach?

But thats the thing, I work in a local game store and alot of people i've spoken too about it, find $15 completely ridiculous for 3 new maps. You call it little, but for most, its a fair bit considering what it is that you are actually getting.
 
But thats the thing, I work in a local game store and alot of people i've spoken too about it, find $15 completely ridiculous for 3 new maps. You call it little, but for most, its a fair bit considering what it is that you are actually getting.


Entertainment isn't cheap, even though 15 bucks is less than a movie ticket and you get to play the maps over and over and not just see them once. Still wondering if you are planning on buying Halo Reach?
 
Back