Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,451 views
:)

a6 - are you going to be online tonight? ive not played much since pushing the prestige button for the third time.
 
[empty space];3865656
:)

a6 - are you going to be online tonight? ive not played much since pushing the prestige button for the third time.
I have tomorrow off, so yes, I will be on this evening. :)
 
Edit: I just saw the map pack video, and I'm slightly disappointed. I really appreciated how the CoD4 maps were true to the originals in the first map pack. They have made some small changes this time around, so I definitely don't like that. I can't remember, but I think TheCracker was feeling the exact opposite, so I am happy for him. :grumpy: :D

I've not seen the video so i'm unsure of which CoD4 maps are upcoming, but yes, i do welcome changes to the maps. If only to keep them fresh. I've become more comfortable with Crash now, but Overgrown and i still have issues. I think it comes from the act that it always used to be a sniper level for me, but now it just doesn't ever play that way. Sniper maps only really work if others on the opposing team snipe as well, but for me at least they never do.

On the plus side, in the past seven days i've finally made head way into neutralising my K/D ratio. From having a 800(ish) deficit at the start of the week, i've cut it down to 350. 1.00+ here i come! - It doesn't sound like much for some people, but after starting so badly when i first bought the game it's been a real uphill struggle getting even. I've barely finished a game with negative K/D in the past 7 days, but since i'm now on 18,400 kills, changing the ratio requires some real grinding away.
 
I've not seen the video so i'm unsure of which CoD4 maps are upcoming, but yes, i do welcome changes to the maps. If only to keep them fresh. I've become more comfortable with Crash now, but Overgrown and i still have issues. I think it comes from the act that it always used to be a sniper level for me, but now it just doesn't ever play that way. Sniper maps only really work if others on the opposing team snipe as well, but for me at least they never do.

On the plus side, in the past seven days i've finally made head way into neutralising my K/D ratio. From having a 800(ish) deficit at the start of the week, i've cut it down to 350. 1.00+ here i come! - It doesn't sound like much for some people, but after starting so badly when i first bought the game it's been a real uphill struggle getting even. I've barely finished a game with negative K/D in the past 7 days, but since i'm now on 18,400 kills, changing the ratio requires some real grinding away.
It's the Strike + Vacant. I didn't pay attention to the change(s) they made in Strike(:scared:), but in Vacant, they took that shutter/gate thing separating the deadend of the hallway & the back corner of the office.

Congrats on upping your k/d! 👍 That always feels good, when you are a TDM player at least. If you are approaching 1.00, you are of course already currently past 1.00. Keep up the good work!
 
I barely remember playing strike in cod4. I remember vacant and I remembered crash and overgrown though.
 
I barely remember playing strike in cod4. I remember vacant and I remembered crash and overgrown though.
Strike & Pipeline, they were epic in many sense. They are huge, and they accommodate many styles of play. You could run 'n' gun, you could camp, you could snipe, you could ninja. EPIC!
Edit:
tres AMIGOS de GTP!
I'm getting on in a minute. :lol:
 
Strike & Pipeline, they were epic in many sense. They are huge, and they accommodate many styles of play. You could run 'n' gun, you could camp, you could snipe, you could ninja. EPIC!
Edit:

I'm getting on in a minute. :lol:
My nephew will be playing with you guys for a bit.
 
On the plus side, in the past seven days i've finally made head way into neutralising my K/D ratio. From having a 800(ish) deficit at the start of the week, i've cut it down to 350. 1.00+ here i come! - It doesn't sound like much for some people, but after starting so badly when i first bought the game it's been a real uphill struggle getting even. I've barely finished a game with negative K/D in the past 7 days, but since i'm now on 18,400 kills, changing the ratio requires some real grinding away.

ive given up on ever having a neutral/positive k/d. 16301/19584/0.83/26. kills, deaths, k/d, streak.
 
I haven't really been focusing on kd recently. Still at 0.89 with about 1000 kills to make up to get a 1.00 kdr. I think I can make it up since I tend to go positive in most of my games. It'll just take some time. I'm not too bothered cuz I know I've improved a lot since I first started playing. Started as a complete noob with a 0.3 kdr and no clue how to play the game and could hardly get a 3 kill streak. Now I think I've got the hang of the game. I know the maps quite well, get my killstreaks more regularly and play pretty decent. Lag holds me back a bit but I can't do much about that.


On another note, I noticed tonight that Domination on Crash can quite literally turn into domination. Once you have B and C secure the enemy gets boxed in at A and pretty much gets owned for the rest of the games. Had a couple games tonight where we had the enemy pinned down at A for almost the entire game. Was just owning people with my Spas-12 as they tried to get out.
 
Lag makes it hard. You haven't played that much, but if you've played through CoD4 to MW2 like me, you start noticing how lag can literally decide the game for you.
 
I'm sitting on 2.45 K/D right now.

1.55, but still climbing. I almost want to start another account to see what my "true" KD would, since I play much better than I did for the first 30000 kills I had...
 
1.55, but still climbing. I almost want to start another account to see what my "true" KD would, since I play much better than I did for the first 30000 kills I had...

That is what I am considering doing sometime.
Mine is pretty much stuck on 0.8 because I started off having never played Call of Duty in my life before.
 
That is what I am considering doing sometime.
Mine is pretty much stuck on 0.8 because I started off having never played Call of Duty in my life before.
Try coming from 3rd person shooters or Unreal.( because Halo doesn't count)
 
[youtubehd]xNzdQZwmhIo[/youtubehd]
Booster Justice 3! The game from 2:37 onwards is hilarious :lol:
 
1.55, but still climbing. I almost want to start another account to see what my "true" KD would, since I play much better than I did for the first 30000 kills I had...

only after you hit 10th prestige.
 
I don't get how you guys can play this game.. its full of campers and n00bs. Its either everyone camps and no one gets killed or you walk in the field and die.
 
I don't get how you guys can play this game.. its full of campers and n00bs. Its either everyone camps and no one gets killed or you walk in the field and die.

cool story bro.

Yeah, strong generalization. "Noobs", I don't even know what is meant by that.

To Azuremen, I started over two times in CoD4. My first account, I learned to play FPS on. I want to say the k/d was 1.3 to 1.5, but I honestly don't remember. I then started on Xbox 360 many months later, I think my k/d was around 1.80. I decided to see what I can get on PSN, so I started over on my Japanese account. I think I got little over 2, but I don't think I ever got to level 55(non-prestige). If you start over your MW2, be conscious of k/d, I think your k/d could be well over the "2" mark. My guess would be around 2.50.

Currently, I think my PSN MW2 k/d is 2.30, I just got my XBL one to 2.24. XBL one's amazing, as I hit another slump when I was playing with nk4e & empty space, last night. I just laid low, hoped for the best. :lol:
 
I have been too busy with RDR to play MW2 with you guys and get frustrated right now....
 
I don't blame you. If I had the money, I'd be getting that game, too. Although the multiplayer on that game sounds pretty frustrating, so I'm somewhat glad I didn't get it now. :D
 
I don't play multiplayer on it at all, its got so much of a fantastic story in single player who needs multiplayer! Its worth buying for sure,
 
im not planning on getting it. games in the past dont usually interest me unless its an rpg.
 
Try coming from 3rd person shooters or Unreal.( because Halo doesn't count)

I came from a life of sports and racing games. The only non sports/racing games that are in my PS2 game collection are GTA:SA, The Getaway Black Monday, Hitman Blood Money and Canis Canem Edit (Bully). That is out of 36 games not including the ones I traded in (which were not shooters either).
Same with the PS1!
:)
 
I came from a life of sports and racing games. The only non sports/racing games that are in my PS2 game collection are GTA:SA, The Getaway Black Monday, Hitman Blood Money and Canis Canem Edit (Bully). That is out of 36 games not including the ones I traded in (which were not shooters either).
Same with the PS1!
:)
You will get it soon.
 
You will get it soon.

I've missed something haven't I...? :ouch:
Are you saying that Halo is rubbish...?
 
Halo is rubbish....
 
Back