Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,396 views
I played the first on, it was awesome. It WAS awesome. WAS
 
I've missed something haven't I...? :ouch:
Are you saying that Halo is rubbish...?
Halo is more than rubbish after the story line. I love Halo but it is really hard not to complain in that game.
 
Halo gets boring really fast. Particularly 4-player split screen with the score limit being reached after 5 minutes while I'm still on 2 kills. :grumpy:

MW2 is very one-off for me. I love it some times, and hate it others (I did a game today with 2 kills and 31 deaths!). I'm only level 23, and I am yet to win a free-for-all game (I've won most of the team stuff). I particularly like the challenges. It gives me a target to reach for and means I can go through each weapon one-by-one unlocking everything. I love the Vector! :D
 
Last edited:
Man I was playing a little cod4 and I think I'm going to start using the M21 acog in MW2. Somehow I have never once used that gun in this game.
 
its kind hard to go back to after bfbc2 ... i want to revive every dead body under a skull :lol:
 
Halo gets boring really fast. Particularly 4-player split screen with the score limit being reached after 5 minutes while I'm still on 2 kills. :grumpy:

MW2 is very one-off for me. I love it some times, and hate it others (I did a game today with 2 kills and 31 deaths!). I'm only level 23, and I am yet to win a free-for-all game (I've won most of the team stuff). I particularly like the challenges. It gives me a target to reach for and means I can go through each weapon one-by-one unlocking everything. I love the Vector! :D
I found your problem.
Man I was playing a little cod4 and I think I'm going to start using the M21 acog in MW2. Somehow I have never once used that gun in this game.
You know, I loved all sniper rifles in CoD4 with a exception of Dragunov. But even Dragunov had its own following. CoD4 M21 was a blast, in that it was a multi-tap/rapid fire rifle for me. I thought its cousin/brother/whatever, M14 would be awesome, but I recall it being nearly useless after investing some time into it. I got silencer for that thing, even. :crazy:

M21 was the only sniper I used in MW2, but of course, that was before I prestiged, had thermal scope & everything. ACOG sounds interesting. I might fool around with that rifle again a bit.
 
MW2 is very one-off for me. I love it some times, and hate it others (I did a game today with 2 kills and 31 deaths!). I'm only level 23, and I am yet to win a free-for-all game (I've won most of the team stuff). I particularly like the challenges. It gives me a target to reach for and means I can go through each weapon one-by-one unlocking everything. I love the Vector! :D

Don't worry, I haven't won a FFA yet. I have come second though. Oh wait, I did win before, at Afghan, I was inside the concrete bunker thing, I was hiding behind the bookshelf looking out the doorway, with another claymore at the other doorway, and got a good amount of kills, about to get the AC130, but score limit reached :grumpy:
 
So basically you were camping?
 
If he actually did good, I say whatever works. He wouldn't have been able to pull that off in most lobbies though. Many uses RPGs, semtex, I would have used a flash, then AT4. :D
 
The corner is pretty dark, so no one can really see you until they come inside. You can crouch in the corner too :).
 
The corner is pretty dark, so no one can really see you until they come inside. You can crouch in the corner too :).
OK, quit while you are ahead. :lol:
 
OK, quit while you are ahead. :lol:


Nothing like crouching in a corner to make the game fun for you?:rolleyes:


That might play into why you have never won a FFA match PJ....lol
 
Nothing like crouching in a corner to make the game fun for you?:rolleyes:


That might play into why you have never won a FFA match PJ....lol

I don't always camp, I just did it that one time, and had some success. I spent most of the game earlier trying to Run 'n Gun, and it did not work out well
 
running and gunning never works out really well, its just more fun. If you want to get a good score combine the two. What I mean is just camp but not camp in a corner, camp an area. Something like a room of a building with multiple windows that you can just run to each window watching and have claymore(s) setup in a good way to protect you.
 
Yeah, nobody really can pull off consistent results with run 'n' gun full-time.

I wouldn't even recommend staying in one room, as decent players will always get you, if you stay in one spot. Claymore watching your back is a must. I've had so many RETARDED teammates who will not. Team Deathmatch is really a Free-for-All with two teams. When your teammate do get your back once in awhile though, it does feel good, I'm not gonna lie.
 
M21 was the only sniper I used in MW2, but of course, that was before I prestiged, had thermal scope & everything. ACOG sounds interesting. I might fool around with that rifle again a bit.

I just hit my second Prestige about 30 minutes ago and around Level 60 of Prestige Number One, I put the M21 EBR into one of my classes and the weapon stayed in at least one class until I hit the Prestige button. Prior to using the M21, I had very limited success with sniper rifles. The recoil on the Barrett and Intervention was too much most of the time for a quality follow up shot if the first did not kill; the M21 on the other hand allows a full magazine of ten shots to be sent down range if needed. The ACOG works very nicely on the weapon, as it turns the M21 into a more powerful assault rifle, albeit with a limited magazine size.
 
The corner is pretty dark, so no one can really see you until they come inside. You can crouch in the corner too :).

That's why you crank up the brightness in the OPTIONS, so that those dark corners are no longer dark.

The recoil on the Barrett and Intervention was too much most of the time for a quality follow up shot if the first did not kill; the M21 on the other hand allows a full magazine of ten shots to be sent down range if needed.

The w200 is better in that regard, I think. If a target is moving the recoil seems to line up the next shot better than other snippy riffles. It takes up half the screen though so many don't like it.
 
Last edited:
👍 Sure, it then makes the game look like crap but it makes it a lot easier to see the campers in the dark corners.

On that note... maybe I should crank up the brightness when I play Underpass. God I hate that map, because it's impossible to see!
 
👍 Sure, it then makes the game look like crap but it makes it a lot easier to see the campers in the dark corners.

On that note... maybe I should crank up the brightness when I play Underpass. God I hate that map, because it's impossible to see!

The only thing that get's blown out a bit is a few spots on afghan and derail and that's only if you use thermal and are looking through the sites. Other than that a little tweak of contrast and after a few matches, your eyes get used to it.
 
Me & empty space just ran into an interesting match. It was underpass, and everybody was moving frigging fast! empty space reports being able to jump higher, also. All I know is that I got the MVP, but was 20-0, so I was afraid that I was going to be accused of hacking. Nobody did, but who knows, I very well could've been reported or something. :lol: My kill column could've been higher, but I started messaging empty space, so I forgot to use my pavelow until very late in the game.

The final match was weird, too. I got another MVP, but this time, it was either I had way superior connection against the other team(highly doubtful), or they were some of the worst players ever to play, plus had reaction speed of a 80 year old. They just kept running into my AA12, multikill a couple times. Even my Predator got four kills in one hit.

Another funny episode was me & empty space got separated on Afghan, and he shot me in the back, just as I was just getting the Predator. I fire the damn thing as soon as I respawn, I guess I hit empty space with it, I didn't even know at the time. :lol:

Man, I wish breakpoint & nk4e could have played with us tonight. We kicked butts & took names, most of the night!
I just hit my second Prestige about 30 minutes ago and around Level 60 of Prestige Number One, I put the M21 EBR into one of my classes and the weapon stayed in at least one class until I hit the Prestige button. Prior to using the M21, I had very limited success with sniper rifles. The recoil on the Barrett and Intervention was too much most of the time for a quality follow up shot if the first did not kill; the M21 on the other hand allows a full magazine of ten shots to be sent down range if needed. The ACOG works very nicely on the weapon, as it turns the M21 into a more powerful assault rifle, albeit with a limited magazine size.
Exactly. While sniper rifles in CoD4 had plenty of put-down power(with the exception of M21, the irony....), sniper rifles in MW2 to me, without the adequate stopping power, are mostly useless. I snipe now, but with either a ACR or RPD. :dopey: M21 does sound like fun though. I think I will take it out again.
 
so, umm ... is there some kind of joke in needing 36 more penetration kills in a dark corner? 💡

btw - A6 - that one room was really bad. youd shoot one and theyd going flying to the top of some random building. i was running like i had light weight too. then the map before that, i ranked up and i know theres no way i got over 15,000xp in that one match. i was able to get a nice kill streak at the start because i was teleporting all over the place :scared:
 
Last edited:
[empty space];3867805
btw - A6 - that one room was really bad. youd shoot one and theyd going flying to the top of some random building. i was running like i had light weight too. then the map before that, i ranked up and i know theres no way i got over 15,000xp in that one match. i was able to get a nice kill streak at the start because i was teleporting all over the place :scared:
I went perfect in that room, so I'd have to disagree with you on that one. j/k

Yeah, it was like I had lightweight. And now I do recall those guys go flying after being shot by my AA12, which is actually pretty realistic if you've seen that gun on youtube. :lol:

Tonight's MVP: AA-12 You frigging rocked!
 
You guys have never got into a low gravity fast speed infected game before tonight!? I hate it when I get in them, I usually end up getting into one every two weeks or so.
 
You guys have never got into a low gravity fast speed infected game before tonight!? I hate it when I get in them, I usually end up getting into one every two weeks or so.
I might've seen one before, but I sure couldn't remember when. I think I remember backing out of one.
 
You guys have never got into a low gravity fast speed infected game before tonight!? I hate it when I get in them, I usually end up getting into one every two weeks or so.

i have, but, i usually back out as soon as i notice whats going on.
 
Like I told empty space, I was afraid I was going to be a 10th Prestige Level 70 by the time match ended. :lol:

My Excedrin PM's kicking in. I'll catch you peeps later!
 
That's why you crank up the brightness in the OPTIONS, so that those dark corners are no longer dark.

Well, not a lot of poeple do that, because I had a guy walk right inside, didn't see me, was about to continue on, then I killed him.
 
Let me guess what happened next. He came back for the revenge kill, you were still hiding there, you killed him again with your HBS + silenced ACR, he comes back for a second revenge kill and noobtubes you.

Back in the lobby he calls you a "🤬 camper".
 
If you guys did play. My nephew was there.
 
Let me guess what happened next. He came back for the revenge kill, you were still hiding there, you killed him again with your HBS + silenced ACR, he comes back for a second revenge kill and noobtubes you.

Back in the lobby he calls you a "🤬 camper".

99.99% of the time that is what happens.
 
Back