Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,360 views
i must admit im not too impressed with the acr after last night. it feels like the f2000 with less recoil and less power.
 
[empty space];3871515
i must admit im not too impressed with the acr after last night. it feels like the f2000 with less recoil and less power.
Usually, ACR owns for me. Hard. It's pretty much a laser rifle. But what I've noticed since in CoD4, something happens, not quite sure what, that makes your favorite go-to-gun useless.

In CoD4, "the Gun" could go from M4, M16, AK47, AK74u, P90(silenced), a gun that was unstoppable the previous several weeks became totally & completely useless.

My theory on this last time I posted regarding this issue, I think switching back to SCAR might help due to ample stopping power. Problem might be with the lag, way other people play, IW did something weird, etc. But bottom line, lots of stopping power=gold. :D
 
I was unaware of it being double XP on PS3. I've been getting 200 points for each kill all day. Pretty cool I guess. Helped me clear four more ranks this morning. Got my extended mags for the Tar finally and in the same game got my 1000th kill with it. Also switched most of my classes to an M93R secondary.
 
I was unaware of it being double XP on PS3. I've been getting 200 points for each kill all day. Pretty cool I guess. Helped me clear four more ranks this morning. Got my extended mags for the Tar finally and in the same game got my 1000th kill with it. Also switched most of my classes to an M93R secondary.
Oh, that ends tonight. Thanks for the reminder, I bet get on it again. :D
 
Wish I had known before. I might have to get back on later. I was getting such a bad headache this morning I had to stop playing.

BTW I just passed you on time played. Gonna pass you on wins soon and then next up is total kills. :)
 
Wish I had known before. I might have to get back on later. I was getting such a bad headache this morning I had to stop playing.

BTW I just passed you on time played. Gonna pass you on wins soon and then next up is total kills. :)
I should have way more logged on XBL. :lol:
 
Good thing I'm not one of those Xbox guys...
I wish you were. We could play this afternoon. Very happy with the gtp gang on either platforms though.
 
You should just hurry up and buy another PS3 already. No way I'd ever buy an Xbox. With my luck it would rrod out of the box.
 
I wish you were. We could play this afternoon. Very happy with the gtp gang on either platforms though.

I wish we would all 4+srgt sassysquat could all be on and all have our A game on, we would dominate because all of us are always positive with kd (unless its just a horrible night). I played this morning and was doing 30+ kills with 9 deaths being my highest! I was also playing domination with a bunch of idiots, that helps, but it also boosts your ego a bit and makes you play better.


@TA: the PS3 has the exact same problem as the 360 did, cpu/gpu overheating rrod/ylod so don't hate fanboy. I'm a gamer, not a fanboy. I still have a sega hooked up right next to my PS2, the only game I play is altered beast on it though. I also still have my colico vision in the closet, I have been gaming since before you were born....lol
 
the acr is nice, i can see why people like but you need head shots for it to work.
 
Last edited:
@TA: the PS3 has the exact same problem as the 360 did, cpu/gpu overheating rrod/ylod so don't hate fanboy. I'm a gamer, not a fanboy. I still have a sega hooked up right next to my PS2, the only game I play is altered beast on it though. I also still have my colico vision in the closet, I have been gaming since before you were born....lol

Don't even begin to think the PS3 is as unreliable as the X360. That is so not true.
 
Don't even begin to think the PS3 is as unreliable as the X360. That is so not true.

A friend of mine bought an Xbox 360 3 times, they all broke. His PS3 worked fine up until a few months ago, when it overheated and got YLOD. I believe he got the PS3 the same time he got the first 360, or even before.
 
Let's not get into a debate about which system is more or less reliable in this thread, just not the place. Not to mention TA originally said knowing my luck, I don't think it was intended to spark off such replies but was more a mere hint towards the infamous RROD and his own bad luck.
 
I just suffered the worst start ever in Call of Duty or Any FPS, it was at the very least 0-11. All by hands of this one camper who took control of my house on Overgrown. Not mad at the guy, but I'm so mad right now my hands are actually shaking bit from the loss. I think I finished with 17 deaths.

It was my biggest gripe with the MW2, it was the classic connection speed killing. I can not kill someone with equal reaction as me, if they see me half a second before I do. Especially when he's camping, and I'm on the offensive. He read me perfect, too, so he didn't face his back to me, not even once.

I think about half of my death come from the connection speed. I just had to rant, as I just rage quit on my brother and empty space. :banghead:
 
[empty space];3872146
lmfao - clutch kill with a martyr grenade :D
You just made my (CoD) day. :lol:👍
 
youyll probably like this one too. 4 v 6 and 4 won :D

i probably have a bunch of guys thinking i was a hacker too. with sitrep you can see explosives and apparently he was sitting on his and i randomly shot at it through the floor and got "return to sender" as well as "how the ?". and since they were camping in that one building, i got a few kills by blind spraying through the floor and walls into the attic :D
 
Last edited:
[empty space];3872168
youyll probably like this one too. 4 v 6 and 4 won :D

i probably have a bunch of guys thinking i was a hacker too. with sitrep you can see explosives and apparently he was sitting on his and i randomly shot at it through the floor and got "return to sender" as well as "how the ?". then since they were camping in that one building, i got a few kills by blind spraying through the floor and walls into the attic :D
I used sitrep once when it was one of the classes they give you before you get the custom ones. I thought my game was glitching out when I saw the explosives everywhere giving out the red glow!
 
its a very nice perk. makes me wonder why ive not used before, but, i generally with stead aim.

I used sitrep once when it was one of the classes they give you before you get the custom ones. I thought my game was glitching out when I saw the explosives everywhere giving out the red glow!

see, thats why i said it feels like a hack :lol:
 
I used sitrep once when it was one of the classes they give you before you get the custom ones. I thought my game was glitching out when I saw the explosives everywhere giving out the red glow!

SitRep is mildly useful, but Pro it and I feel it is the best 3rd perk in the game, next to Ninja Pro.
 
Let's not get into a debate about which system is more or less reliable in this thread, just not the place. Not to mention TA originally said knowing my luck, I don't think it was intended to spark off such replies but was more a mere hint towards the infamous RROD and his own bad luck.


Hint below about MW2 sucks.




Later on MW2, you got traded for Black Ops reserve today.
 
I'll have to watch for these perks. I just got to the level where I can use Claymores last night.

The lag can be frustrating. Every so often I'll unload on someone, wind up getting killed, then see on the killcam that my shots didn't register. But then again, I remember seeing someone just jumping in the middle of a room. I figured he was suffering from lag, but I took the shot anyway.
 
whats even better is when internet lag saves someone from their brain lag. like the times where you had them lined up the entire time only to get knifed in the back or be wildly spraying the wall to their right or left or start shooting before they did only you never fired a single round.
 
I just suffered the worst start ever in Call of Duty or Any FPS, it was at the very least 0-11. All by hands of this one camper who took control of my house on Overgrown. Not mad at the guy, but I'm so mad right now my hands are actually shaking bit from the loss. I think I finished with 17 deaths.

It was my biggest gripe with the MW2, it was the classic connection speed killing. I can not kill someone with equal reaction as me, if they see me half a second before I do. Especially when he's camping, and I'm on the offensive. He read me perfect, too, so he didn't face his back to me, not even once.

I think about half of my death come from the connection speed. I just had to rant, as I just rage quit on my brother and empty space. :banghead:

That's not much, well, compared to me. I think the worst i've started with was around 0-16. Bloody campers. I got a few kills, but got pissed and rage quit.
 
That's not much, well, compared to me. I think the worst i've started with was around 0-16. Bloody campers. I got a few kills, but got pissed and rage quit.
It wasn't by one guy! :(
Edit:
SitRep is mildly useful, but Pro it and I feel it is the best 3rd perk in the game, next to Ninja Pro.
You are ....... like the only person I know who has that. :odd:
 
so, umm ... like the new avy/sig/thing combo :lol:
 
[empty space];3873069
so, umm ... like the new avy/sig/thing combo :lol:

I don't get it. The avatar is a Opfor logo from the CoD4, right?
 
Is there any way to delete your PSN information from a PS3? I got on my account on my brothers PS3 so he could have some DLC but it saved my email/info. I don't want him figuring out my password or resetting it.
 
Back