Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,345 views
Thermal scopes target where the cross hairs, from what I've found. Recoil is also increased after a holding breath shot, but lessened if you don't hold your breath as much (Or rather, easier to adjust after each shot). At least this is how it has felt to me, and I use to run Thermal on an AUG for a while.

The ACOG is better for close encounters, but I run Akimbo M9's, which work quite well with Steady Aim...

My stealthier sniper setup

M21 + Silencer
M9 + Akimbo
Throwing Knife
Stun Grenades
Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

The One Shot kill setup is

Intervention + Thermal
M9 Akimbo
Throwing Knife
Stun Grenades
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

The Handguns have a fast enough switch time that I can generally switch to them in panic situations or if I am forced into closer quarters combat. With Steady Aim, I can do this from a decent distance (Greater than SPAS-12 range for sure) so I am caught off guard less.
 
ive never been able to get akimbo pistols and while im not great at it, i get more pleasure out of throwing knife kills than pistol kills. once i unlock extended mags i might switch to scavenger so i can almost always have a knife. i killed a guy on top of the wood bridge on the new map and couldnt find it.

the reason i ask about thermal is that ive always had problems with burst fire. id hold my breath and even if i fire right away, i would get intervention levels of recoil taking me way off target. i like using it on the intervention on over grown though (if im remembering the map names correctly).

im really hesitant to drop cold blooded though. i really like being able to ignore sentry guns and most air kill streaks as copper gunner and ac130s can still get lucky.

my intervention set up is the same but i prefer akimbo m93s.

[edit - i really need a sensitivity between 3 and 4 ]
 
Last edited:
Decided to play again today, on account Alpha Protocol showed up and is absolutely hideous!

I got three games in before the asshole cheaters showed up. Quit to play in a different match, but then this POS game put me in a map I didn't want and back out of three times before forcing me into the game. Done.



Finished up these weeks ago.

img0352mk.jpg

img0351sd.jpg
 
You guys know how I declare how horrible I am at head-to-head firefights. Well, I'm a even worse sniper. :lol: So I'm trying to get thermal now with the ACOG challenge(19/20 now!). I got owned so many times. :lol: There were games I'm missing bunch of shots sniping from the building(1 game, I don't believe I made 1 hit the whole match). Since I have ACOG, thus no silencer, it attracts enemies hunting for snipers, even if that sniper couldn't hit nothing! I'm actually doing all the killing with the AA12 kicking butt of guys who came after me(missing bunch of shots!), then the kill streak rewards. :lol:

It's a miracle I've actually reached 19 of 20 for the ACOG challenge, and for the most of those kills, I'm emptying half a clip on each! :dopey:
 
tonights been bad for me. id get three solid body shot hit markers with the m21 + fmj and they wouldnt drop. i went one round of 0/2/4 :(

but, im 14/40 fmj so, i guess its not 100% bad?

[edit - i ended the night at 32/40. i need 8 more and then the 15 silencer kills then back to the acr?]
 
Last edited:
I like M21 recreationally, but boy, do I get owned with that thing.

I like fun, but kicking butt is funner, so I'm gonna stick with SCAR/FMJ for a little while longer. :p
 
[empty space];3874141
tonights been bad for me. id get three solid body shot hit markers with the m21 + fmj and they wouldnt drop. i went one round of 0/2/4 :(

I find the M21 needs Stopping Power to be a One Shot kill at all...

I like M21 recreationally, but boy, do I get owned with that thing.

I like fun, but kicking butt is funner, so I'm gonna stick with SCAR/FMJ for a little while longer. :p

I've gotten nukes with it. The Silencer on Wasteland combined with Stopping power lets me pick of people across the map poking the heads over things, while keeping my profile a bit lower without the red dot.

Also, I forgot, I sometimes runs a Silenced M9 as the secondary on the Silenced M21 setup...
 
I'm now in love with the silenced M21. I forgot how much fun it is shooting at someone and them having no idea where you are. I also unlocked the acog but I haven't tried it yet.

I've also been using a silenced M93R a ton. I almost have extended mags for it already. Such an amazing secondary. Not only that but I decided to play around with the M16 tonight. Its better than I remember. Not a huge fan of the sight but I suppose its a little better than the one on the M4.
 
I find the M21 needs Stopping Power to be a One Shot kill at all...

i know body shots will never be a hit kill, but, generally it should never take more than two or three shots to drop someone. if my connection is working for me and not them, two is all it takes.

so, i downloaded an update but i cant find the new maps in the download content.
 
[empty space];3874484
so, i downloaded an update but i cant find the new maps in the download content.
I can't find it either. :lol: They must be releasing it anytime. One article I read said the assumption is before noon, according to the twitter by that Bowling guy(I think that's his name).
 
well, its noon now ... unless you mean your noon and if thats the case, its my 2p :p

[edit - theres people playing it now >< ]
 
Last edited:
Infinity Ward just released this info regarding the Resurgence Pack jointly with Polyphony Digital. They are releasing the map pack simultaneously with the Gran Turismo 5. More info to come in 2013 E3!
 
lol

now theres 651 people in the resurgence play list ><
 
[empty space];3874524
lol

now theres 651 people in the resurgence play list ><
Wonderful(small sarcasm). I wonder how it works. Are there several hundred special people, or are they released gradually, like by region or something?

Edit: I'm downloading it now. I was hoping it would hit by noon(11:35 now), I'm glad!
 
Last edited:
Oh far out, you guys have another map pack. I knew it was coming but we only just got the previous one, now where the hell I am going to get another 30 dollars for a PSN card...

Actually, on second thoughts I will be overseas when it comes out on PSN, perhaps I will have left over $$$.
 
I wouldn't bother, the maps are shocking. They are clearly geared towards camping and every single game mode is bad on them due to horrendous choke points, lack of balance in objective based games, and plenty of camping spots. The carnival one is the worst IMO, the one side of the map has loads of camping spots, good cover, and even a sniping spot that's high up in the air. The other side has a walkway above the dodgems, and that's it. Everywhere else is wide open and attackable from 3 different directions.

I'm not sure what they were thinking.
 
I wouldn't bother, the maps are shocking. They are clearly geared towards camping and every single game mode is bad on them due to horrendous choke points, lack of balance in objective based games, and plenty of camping spots. The carnival one is the worst IMO, the one side of the map has loads of camping spots, good cover, and even a sniping spot that's high up in the air. The other side has a walkway above the dodgems, and that's it. Everywhere else is wide open and attackable from 3 different directions.





I'm not sure what they were thinking.

:lol:
 
"Carnival and Trailer Park seem obnoxious, Strike and Vacant and Fuel are actually a lot of fun so far' - Hutch

So 2 out of the 3 new maps are crap. :lol:
 
yay, m21 fmj penetration is done, now i just need 2 more silenced kills. so, finishh ACR or L86? or should i try to add to my 502 f2000 head shots to try to get master III finished? oh the choices?!

[edit -

I wouldn't bother, the maps are shocking. They are clearly geared towards camping and every single game mode is bad on them due to horrendous choke points, lack of balance in objective based games, and plenty of camping spots. The carnival one is the worst IMO, the one side of the map has loads of camping spots, good cover, and even a sniping spot that's high up in the air. The other side has a walkway above the dodgems, and that's it. Everywhere else is wide open and attackable from 3 different directions.

I'm not sure what they were thinking.

i cant say that the new maps are any worse than the old maps. i would say carnival and trailer park have better atmosphere than any other maps.
 
Last edited:
I've got Race07, it's the same as GTR evo is it not?
Anyway had to leave early tonight as the hayfever is killing me.
18 wins straight we had there and the team that beat us we went and beat them comfortably the next 2 games anyway.
Paris your pretty good and hope to see you again soon in our games.

Unfortunately I don't think we can play together if I'm on R07 and you lot are on GTR. :irked:
GTR probably just has the GT cars.
There was my first game where I was on the other team and I took you guys down! Managed to get 3 preds, the first was a triple kill, second was a double :D
 
Again, I like the new maps. Believe it or not, as crazy as the Carnival map is, it is also the easiest to memorize. Because every frigging landmark is memorable. The castle, rollercoaster, UFO, clown's mouth. :lol:

Trailer's also fairly easy to memorize, but unfortunately for me, it is lag central. Two times I've been on it, and the lags so bad, I even had one of those where you are emptying your clip into the guy's back, he turns around to drop you with 2 shots.

Fuel's huge, Fuel's complicated. So many elevation changes, so many buildings, so many covers. If you want to camp, I think this is the map. Get your rocket launchers out. I've already lacked up some kills with my AT4.

On Strike & Vacant, only change I noticed outside the graphics was the house/store on Strike, one that they added a doorway on the back. Also, I guess there was a wrecked car added by the window on one house, making it little more accessible.

On CoD4, I absolutely hated the map pack. I liked Creek, but as a team, if you started on the bottom of the hill, the battle was literally uphill. Hated Chinatown, hated Broadcast. On the two MW2 map packs, I really like them.
I wouldn't bother, the maps are shocking. They are clearly geared towards camping and every single game mode is bad on them due to horrendous choke points, lack of balance in objective based games, and plenty of camping spots. The carnival one is the worst IMO, the one side of the map has loads of camping spots, good cover, and even a sniping spot that's high up in the air. The other side has a walkway above the dodgems, and that's it. Everywhere else is wide open and attackable from 3 different directions.

I'm not sure what they were thinking.
That dodgem castle thing, that's actually the side I prefer. If you are into assault rifle, or LMG, you can destroy the other team. At least going by handful of matches I've played so far on Carnival.
 
Unfortunately I don't think we can play together if I'm on R07 and you lot are on GTR. :irked:
GTR probably just has the GT cars.
If you have GTR Evo you have Race07 as GTRE is merely an expansion, so you'll have no problems playing online with each other ;)
 
If you have GTR Evo you have Race07 as GTRE is merely an expansion, so you'll have no problems playing online with each other ;)

Yeah I know if I had got GTRE then I would have Race07 auomatically. But because I bought Race 07, I didn't get GTRE 👎

:)
 
Yeah, that was mainly directed at the guys with GTRE :p GTRE has all the cars from Race in it anyway, you definitely won't have an issue playing online with people running Race07 :)
 
"Carnival and Trailer Park seem obnoxious, Strike and Vacant and Fuel are actually a lot of fun so far' - Hutch

So 2 out of the 3 new maps are crap. :lol:

I've not played Fuel yet but I agree with him so far, apart from the odd match on Vacant that has been ruined by endless grenade launchers. It's still as intense a map as it used to be in general though.
 
The only thing that has been ruining my games lately is getting teams that redefine the meaning of Terribad.

For example, first game I hop into... 100 points into Domination on Ground war. I finish the game with some 17 kills at 15 deaths. The guy under me was 22 and 40. And it only got worse the further down you went, the bottom two players were 0-38 and 0-22.

Yes, I'm not sure how you go 0 and 38, and he wasn't boosting, I just watched him be an moron.

And its been like that all day. I had to stop because it was so frustrating watching a Kill cam where a guy would just walk up to my team and kill them, and then me. My teams seems cursed to never bother with objectives, killing the enemy, or destroying air support.

Srsly, having a team with 4 players KD < .25 and the rest barely at .5 is just frustrating. More so 7 games in a row. In three different lobbies.
 
The only thing that has been ruining my games lately is getting teams that redefine the meaning of Terribad.

For example, first game I hop into... 100 points into Domination on Ground war. I finish the game with some 17 kills at 15 deaths. The guy under me was 22 and 40. And it only got worse the further down you went, the bottom two players were 0-38 and 0-22.

Yes, I'm not sure how you go 0 and 38, and he wasn't boosting, I just watched him be an moron.

And its been like that all day. I had to stop because it was so frustrating watching a Kill cam where a guy would just walk up to my team and kill them, and then me. My teams seems cursed to never bother with objectives, killing the enemy, or destroying air support.

Srsly, having a team with 4 players KD < .25 and the rest barely at .5 is just frustrating. More so 7 games in a row. In three different lobbies.


I know exactly what you are talking about on this. I had that happen a decent amount in MW2, but since I have went back to WaW its like I am the only one that knows how to play the game or something. There are a ton of new players in it also which is strange since it has been out so long. This was my first match back in WaW.....

2010-06-02180500.jpg
 
The only thing that has been ruining my games lately is getting teams that redefine the meaning of Terribad.
I've been noticing this on XBL, too. But to be fair, I've been having some of the worst game as well. Like the worst since early in my FPS career. My k/d actually went up though, go figure!
 
I've managed to get my K/D up recently to. I'm at 2.47 right now.
 
Back