Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,405 views
I might be able to go higher but I don't regularly use CGs or ACs. I'm still using 5-7-8. I did manage to get a few ACs and one CG last night though. Sadly one of my ACs fell out of map. I only got one kill with that CG to because it was the game winning kill. Still better luck that usual though.
 
fwiw - my only two emp's came from stealing them from the other team :lol:
 
I hate when my team rushes away from me and the spawns switch after I throw my air drop down. It happened last night on scrap yard. I really don't like that map. If my team doesn't run off they always try and take my stuff. I have been sharing most of what I get but if I get something good its all mine. :lol:
 
ive a problems understanding emergency air drop. isnt it supposed to be for the team and not one person to get a bunch of random kill streaks?
 
Depends how you use it and what you get. I've let my team have all four before and sometimes I take everything.
 
it just seems weird to have the same capture time of your teams drop as stealing an enemies. i can understand a normal air drop, but ...
 
If you get ammo/UAV/C-UAV/EMP in your care package/airdrops you're better off letting a teammate (or two) take the crate(s) - you get points for sharing the package (as opposed to getting zero if you collected them yourself) and as they're killstreak rewards that benefit the entire team (except for ammo) it doesn't really matter *who* calls the stuff in.

Weapon killstreaks, on the other hand...
 
Agreed. I'll even share air strikes and the random pred missile if there is something better.
 
I think the emergency airdrop is indeed something which is good for sharing, but in the end all the air support will come in and who earned it in the first place should have dibs on what they want. They actually become downright hazardous to your own team when everyone tries to get one because who's covering you if everyones trying to steal a package? That's why I use them in a party only and tell people if I'm sharing or not.
 
Mines still around 2.90, 2.92 to be precise. Peaked at 3.15 an age ago it feels now and that's when I realised how unfulfilling a high KDR is for me and I started messing around with silly set ups. That's why I'm still rocking a 3-4-5 streak (UAV, C-UAV and Predator) because you can spend more time just playing the game and the work isn't done for you.
 
empty had one of the nicest game I've ever seen him have. I think it was Sabotage on Carnival? He finished with more points than rest of the "game" combined. 👍

On another highlight, when I was the last man left on Sabotage on Fuel, I jumped off this second floor, I died. As soon as I died, of course, everybody started laughing their asses off. :( Don't know the map that well yet man!
I'ma gonna work on my new account starting next week. 3.0 here we come.
From the time we've played together, I'd rate you higher than T_A or myself, but just below Dragonistic. But you'll try to prove me wrong, wouldn't ya? :D

Seriously though, good luck shooting for the magical "3". I'd be pulling for ya. 👍
 
From the time we've played together, I'd rate you higher than T_A or myself, but just below Dragonistic. But you'll try to prove me wrong, wouldn't ya? :D

And I'd put myself below all the aforementioned :lol:. The one thing I did better then most was get pretty good very fast but by now alot of people will have caught up with me, but the stats won't reflect that.
 
Pshhhhhh whatever xbox boy I think we've only played in the same game once or twice :lol:


Still its hard not to be that good when you've been playing the game almost longer than its been out... I'm only just now coming up on 7 days myself.
 
And I'd put myself below all the aforementioned :lol:. The one thing I did better then most was get pretty good very fast but by now alot of people will have caught up with me, but the stats won't reflect that.
I've seen what you can do on CoD4 too, man! ;)
Pshhhhhh whatever xbox boy I think we've only played in the same game once or twice :lol:


Still its hard not to be that good when you've been playing the game almost longer than its been out... I'm only just now coming up on 7 days myself.
xbox boy.... :lol:
 
empty had one of the nicest game I've ever seen him have. I think it was Sabotage on Carnival? He finished with more points than rest of the "game" combined. 👍

probably because i disarmed the bomb, called my attack chopper, planted the bomb and that was game over. i didnt realize i had scored that high ... thanks :) :O

On another highlight, when I was the last man left on Sabotage on Fuel, I jumped off this second floor, I died. As soon as I died, of course, everybody started laughing their asses off. :( Don't know the map that well yet man!

to make it better/worse, you were the last one alive on our team :ouch: but, the kill to the end the next round was nice. howd you even know he was there?


i hate how demolition can drag on, or, at least feel like it. i need to set up a rush class for that because its very frustrating to run from the other side of the map just to die and re-spawn half way across the map!
 
Xbox-San?

As it stands though, I haven't played the new maps quite enough to actually know their whole setup. I have a very solid idea but Storm still throws me off a little with all the spots people can get to.
 
On storm at the start I will usually run through the mannequin store and take out whoever is sniping from the roof of the building with the skylights. If I spawn on the other side I'll run to the large window overlooking the large covered path near the stacked pallets. Either will always get you a few kills. The map I have issues with is as I said before scrap yard.
 
I used to do that. Now, from the same room, I take a right, out to the walkway thing that leads to the warehouse. All three from the Stimulus are super easy to figure out, once you get few games in. Very predictable flow, usually.
[empty space];3874901
probably because i disarmed the bomb, called my attack chopper, planted the bomb and that was game over. i didnt realize i had scored that high ... thanks :) :O
It was that high. I did a quick math in the lobby. 👍
[empty space];3874901
to make it better/worse, you were the last one alive on our team :ouch: but, the kill to the end the next round was nice. howd you even know he was there?
I did start a series of comedy with my fall. I can't believe you missed the replay of my kill, as that one brought out laughters as well. We had just one guy left on the other team, he was camping just outside the building I was camping in. I see something sticking out of the wall, it's the other guy laying down on the ground, but the rookie kept turning around, getting his leg in & out of the wall. I had FMJ on my RPD, so I blasted him thru the wall. :lol:
[empty space];3874901
i hate how demolition can drag on, or, at least feel like it.
It is long. I waited for you to finish yours on Fuel before we hooked up, couldn't believe how long it took!
 
Am I alone in this thinking - It is not how many times you kill that wins matches, but how few times you die?

I say this because last night I had a wake-up call in regards to some members of my clan. Last night we had an exceptionally high turn out, enough for a full squad of nine to drop into Ground War. From my experiences with the regular six man squad we present regularly, I was confident that we would prevail...

Nothing could have be further from the truth... We got our arses handed to us an a silver platter, with a side serving of salad! There was what seemed to be an unlimited stream of opfor air-support, and elements of our clan were getting whacked like it was the 'in thing'.

I was nonplussed as to how we could of lost as we have (well I thought we had), a very cohesive clan. Looking at the scoreboard at the end of the match the truth was hard to swallow though.

The core of our six man squad was, as expected, brilliant, we were fighting at least equal to, if not better than our averages, but looking further down the scoreboard, it was clear that we lost the match because of two or three individuals. They had less than five kills and almost a score each of deaths! I concluded that if they had died even half as much as they had, we could have won the match comfortably.

I strongly believe that longevity of life is vastly more important than the number of kills you may acquire throughout the match, because if you cannot stop the opposing team scoring, them you cannot win the match in the first place.
 
You see it all the time. Often it's the guys at the top of the scoreboards that are the weak link. You might get 3 guys on a team who are scoring 20+ kills - but their playing style also means they get 21+ deaths. That's fine if the opposing team are poor, but if the opposing side has 3 players with 18+ kills but only 12+ deaths, your win or loss will come down to your players lower down the scoreboard keeping up a better K/D ratio, even if they're only getting 6 or 7 kills.
 
I know this has probably been asked before and you sick of hearing it but can someone tell me why spec ops, 2 player online is so laggy :( Once again I'm sorry if I stepped on anyones toes by asking this.

Thanks 👍
 
This game is all about the K/D so yeah the less you die the better off you are.
 
This game is all about the K/D so yeah the less you die the better off you are.
If you are playing FFA or TD yes, but in objective based game mode K/D ratio is unimportant. In domination I sometimee have more deaths then kills, but thats beacause I take huge risk to protect and capture bases. I have many on my friends list with high K/D ratio, some more then twice of what I got. That doesnt mean they are twice as good as me does it... many focus too much on K/D ratio IMO.
 
It doesn't help your team in any game type if you run around dying all the time.
 
Dont think you understand what Im saying.. If you take more risk then you will die more, if you take more risk then you will get more objective points, that is helping your team. I often get many more points then 2. best on team, but less kills and more deaths, how isnt that good team work?
 
Back