Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,407 views
Next weekend eh? Good thing I'll be passing you on kills tonight :)
 
On the power + range of the shotguns, not that I know a whole lot about shotguns, but it's probably very realistic.
The SPAS-12 has a 22 inch barrel and fires 12-gauge (funny that) ammunition up to 40 metres (130ft). Seems reasonable to me.

The Winchester 1887 has a 20 inch barrel, and when you have two of them, well... that's a LOT of stopping power. In MW2 terms it effectively doubles the range - twice the amount of shot with the same long-range damage = more likely to kill someone across the map.

Math time...
The 1887 has 35-20 x8 damage, 280-160 damage. Akimbo 35-20 x16, 560-320 damage. With shotgun spread, you'd only have to hit someone with a third of the shot from akimbo Models for a 1HK at range in core, as opposed to two-thirds of a single Model's shot.


On an unrelated note, once I've got 500 kills with the M21 I think I might bust out a holo FAL + TMP/Raffica setup :)
 
Next weekend eh? Good thing I'll be passing you on kills tonight :)
On XBL, my kills are twice the population of China, k/d is 105.54. In this one game, I called in the nuke three times!

Seriously though, I hope Slim's more reliable than my 40GB(w/80GB harddrive). :guilty:
The SPAS-12 has a 22 inch barrel and fires 12-gauge (funny that) ammunition up to 40 metres (130ft). Seems reasonable to me.

The Winchester 1887 has a 20 inch barrel, and when you have two of them, well... that's a LOT of stopping power. In MW2 terms it effectively doubles the range - twice the amount of shot with the same long-range damage = more likely to kill someone across the map.

Math time...
The 1887 has 35-20 x8 damage, 280-160 damage. Akimbo 35-20 x16, 560-320 damage. With shotgun spread, you'd only have to hit someone with a third of the shot from akimbo Models for a 1HK at range in core, as opposed to two-thirds of a single Model's shot.


On an unrelated note, once I've got 500 kills with the M21 I think I might bust out a holo FAL + TMP/Raffica setup :)
You lost me at math(big surprise.....).
 
It may well be realistic in terms of shotgun range, but this is a game and you can hardly argue that this is a realistic shooter :lol:. If only in real life when they got 11 kills they could call in an AC130...
 
What do you mean it isn't realistic? I was danger close noob tubed last night from the other end of the tunnel on skid row when I wasn't even in the same room as the explosion... :rolleyes:

On XBL, my kills are twice the population of China, k/d is 105.54. In this one game, I called in the nuke three times!

You are to funny...
 
Last edited:
It may well be realistic in terms of shotgun range, but this is a game and you can hardly argue that this is a realistic shooter :lol:. If only in real life when they got 11 kills they could call in an AC130...
No, it's a game, I get that. It's just that on the guns, I'm just saying that shotgun range & power are not that overblown. Knife/commando on the other end....

:p
What do you mean it isn't realistic? I was danger close noob tubed last night from the other end of the tunnel on skid row when I wasn't even in the same room as the explosion... :rolleyes:
You know some like to fire the Javelin at the beginning of the match on Invasion, at the gas station?

I was on the top of that gas station building, I wasn't even worried about it, as I was like quarter of a block away from it, and on top of the building. I died. :lol:
 
That Kill streakless playlist they're talking about should also be perkless. Just have it be bare bones call of duty. I'd probably play that.
 
That Kill streakless playlist they're talking about should also be perkless. Just have it be bare bones call of duty. I'd probably play that.
Is this kill streak-less thing for real? I missed this talk.
 
Thanks Shaky. This is getting very interesting..... :D
 
No, it's a game, I get that. It's just that on the guns, I'm just saying that shotgun range & power are not that overblown. Knife/commando on the other end....

I know, my point is that because somethings true in real life, doesn't mean it works in a game. By that I mean the shotguns range, the spas in particular, is not helpful towards the overall experience because it's very easy for someone with a poor shot to nail someone from a fair distance in one shot. The spas doesn't bother me personally, it's the AA12 that gets on my nerves. Fully automatic shotgun? Seriously? If I see one come into a building I'm in I may as well commit suicide, except I'll be dead before I can even do that :lol:.
 
I hate when you run up on someone with an AA-12 and they have painkilled on. As if they didn't have it easy enough as is :lol:
 
Point taken on AA12. That's why I use it. :lol:

On painkiller though, they do have a death streak going at that point, not that it makes it right.
 
Point taken on AA12. That's why I use it. :lol:

On painkiller though, they do have a death streak going at that point, not that it makes it right.

I forgive painkiller for that reason, they've had a real hard time most likely in order to be at that point. That doesn't make it any less irritating when one kills me, especially as TA describes :lol:.
 
I forgive painkiller for that reason, they've had a real hard time most likely in order to be at that point. That doesn't make it any less irritating when one kills me, especially as TA describes :lol:.
We've all been there! :crazy:
 
Its super easy to get pain killer. I could get it a couple times in a normal TDM and still finish with a positive KDR. It only takes 3 deaths. I think rather than take it out they should make it require more deaths like 5 or 6. Its a lot harder to die that many times in a row unless you really are having a rough time.
 
Hardline Pro ftw. Painkiller in 2 deaths. :D
 
I don't typically use hardline but I've just started using it on my MP5K akimbo class since the last thing I need is stopping power with them. Having UAV in two kills is also nice. :)
 
I think Hardline is the only perk 2 I don't have pro for, I just have no need for it, I get my streak rewards plenty already. I think all together I'm missing that, Scrambler Pro and Last Stand Pro, though there may be a perk 1 I'm missing. Yes that means I have One Man Army Pro, but I've never tubed with it, it's actually faster then reloading most LMGs so you can see the benefits from getting the pro version of it, it's not that long to swap and you can change tactics on the fly.
 
its interesting to note that its a lot easier to find games if youre in a party from my experience.

i probably wont play the kill streak less play list as im not a great player so calling a harrier or chopper gunner is quite satisfying for me ... unless a6 and nk4e drag me into it unknowingly. most kill streaks can be solved with a stinger and/or cold blooded. harriers, attack copters and chopper gunners take one hit, pave lows usually take two because their flares are effective and ac130s will always drop with the third stinger.
 
I finally completed the mastery for the M21. Coming up on 500 kills soon.

What a PITA I've been having though. I'm constantly getting put into games with about 100 ping and half the time I end up getting spawned in front of the entire other team. Not to mention how my bullets don't do a damn thing anymore. One burst from an M93 should kill someone without stopping power and I'm using the damn things akimbo and its like they're just bouncing off. People are just running past my claymores and I'm running into 10x more danger close noob tubers. I even ran into some god damn boosters again. This game is driving me nuts.
 
You are to funny...
And somehow, its true. A6 always comes out with a better K/D than me and Random at the majority. I always complain that I would be a cm off the person I am aiming for or someone killing him before me.
 
I always stay just few feet behind nk4e, somehow get one shot one kill with the weakest guns!
I'm constantly getting put into games with about 100 ping
Seriously, that's just about every game I get into......
 
It must just be the time I play at. If I play earlier in the night I can get into games with about 60 ping but when I'm playing late at night or early in the morning like I like to do its just horrible. I just can't play with the sprite can connection.
 
It must just be the time I play at. If I play earlier in the night I can get into games with about 60 ping but when I'm playing late at night or early in the morning like I like to do its just horrible. I just can't play with the sprite can connection.
That's why I'm crying about the connection speed in this thread all the time. I wish the next generation of FPS like this would have a system in place to even the timing of things. Sick & tired of seeing the replay show that I never even fired a shot! :lol:
 
I see that a lot. Someone comes around the corner not even having their weapon up and even if I have mine up and get a few shots off I'll die and on the kill cam it shows me standing there not doing anything still waiting for the guy to come around the corner. There was one point last night where I got off at least 2 bursts from each of my M93s at point blank range only to have the guy fire one shot and take me out.
 
That's why I'm crying about the connection speed in this thread all the time. I wish the next generation of FPS like this would have a system in place to even the timing of things. Sick & tired of seeing the replay show that I never even fired a shot! :lol:

Why don't you come down under, no one can host a ground war to save their life!

We have the worst internet ever, seriously.
 
Tell me about it - it can take anywhere up to five minutes (no joke!) to find a game here in NZ. Worst offender being, funnily enough, Ground War...
 
Point taken!
 
I dont have to wait 5 mins here, generally the lowest ping I do get is 90 but it doesnt take long to find a game. My party of six today took about 3 minutes, that is to find a game for 6 players in search and destroy. Not really that bad to be honest but when it comes to the actual people hosting...well, that is a a different story. 50% of games lag :D
 
Back