Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,368 views
I'd be in for a world of hurt if it took that long to find a game. I almost always leave a game and find another after every game. I'll rarely play more than 2-3 games with the same players unless I get lucky and get a good team.
 
Hosting in MW2 is a fickle thing. First it'll take five minutes to find a 120ms ping game, then two minutes into the match the host will quit and migration will fail. Then I manage to get myself into a game that's about to start, and I end up host.

Soooooooo... if my connection's good enough to host, why would host migration fail in a game I'm playing in? :irked:
 
I always stay just few feet behind nk4e, somehow get one shot one kill with the weakest guns!

Seriously, that's just about every game I get into......
USP.45 HEADSHOT!
FAL HEADSHOT!
Stun Gernade HEADSHOT!
I just made a person left when I killed them with a stun gernade in Hardcore Resurgence playlist.
 
I dont have to wait 5 mins here, generally the lowest ping I do get is 90 but it doesnt take long to find a game. My party of six today took about 3 minutes, that is to find a game for 6 players in search and destroy. Not really that bad to be honest but when it comes to the actual people hosting...well, that is a a different story. 50% of games lag :D

I gerenally get 80 ping games in on MW2, but my problem is I want to play larger games like Ground War, and that objective is near to impossible down here. So pretty much im restricted to games like TDM and Domination.
 
What I hate almost more than the lag is when I get put into a game that has already started. Sooooooooo many times I have been put on wasteland and I've got an Acog sniper rifle I'm stuck with.
 
Still better than getting put into games that are about to end. A few days ago I got put into two Demolition games in a row that ended as I joined (both losses too). So I went out of that to try Domination and joined another game about to end. At least that one was a victory. Rage quit and ended up playing online Spec Ops with a friend.
 
Thats always how it is. Someone rage quits and I get put in their place. When I join a game and see that there are 2-3 spots open before the loading screen pops up I know its probably going to suck.
 
I hate that, too. I generally screen the game I'm jumping into in the middle though. As soon as you are in, press start then select, I think. You see the player & match scores, your connection bars as well. If I don't like what I see, I look for another lobby.
 
I do that sometimes especially if I hear air support before I spawn in. Its a good thing I don't care as much about my win ratio because this game really makes it hard to maintain.
 
I do that sometimes especially if I hear air support before I spawn in. Its a good thing I don't care as much about my win ratio because this game really makes it hard to maintain.
Yeah, I just don't like "dying". Not just MW2, but way things like match making, etc. screws you over, if I see that it's screwing with me, I refuse to play.

P.S. After few days off, I just tried to play a couple of matches. First game, I was in long enough(about 10 seconds) to be the match losing death, these guys were down by 3000 points or something like that. Second game, just enough to set a claymore, then game ended. I should have followed my own advice and screed these games, too. I'm done for now. 👎
 
Generally I'll end up in a game, decide to quit out of it for some reason or another (usually because there's some douchebag OMA/DC noobtube-whoring) and when I go to find a new game of that gametype I end up getting put back into the exact same game, except on the opposite team. :grumpy:
 
Generally I'll end up in a game, decide to quit out of it for some reason or another (usually because there's some douchebag OMA/DC noobtube-whoring) and when I go to find a new game of that gametype I end up getting put back into the exact same game, except on the opposite team. :grumpy:

Tip: When you rage quit and you plan on joining the same game mode, wait a little while before hitting the button. It matched you in that game in the first place for a reason so it will do it again to fill the gap you just made, so let someone else take it first. Plus you get some time to calm down in the menus :lol:.
 
Unbelievable experience. Quite possibly the worst. After rage quitting after two losses, going 0-1, I just had to go back for some more. With my rusty game not helping, my best game of the day was 4-1. I also had one more game I didn't go negative, I rage quit at 6-6, when my own claymore blew me up. It wasn't tripped, or destroyed by the other team. Just few seconds after me setting it, I cleared this room to make sure there was nobody in it, when I completed a circle to come back, my own claymore blew me up........

All the other games, I finished with no kills, I rage quit.
 
Tip: When you rage quit and you plan on joining the same game mode, wait a little while before hitting the button. It matched you in that game in the first place for a reason so it will do it again to fill the gap you just made, so let someone else take it first. Plus you get some time to calm down in the menus :lol:.
Yeah, I learnt that quickly enough. But as it turns out, waiting at the menu for 15-20 seconds isn't long enough for the matchmaker to find you a completely different game... :ouch:
 
It wasn't tripped, or destroyed by the other team. Just few seconds after me setting it, I cleared this room to make sure there was nobody in it, when I completed a circle to come back, my own claymore blew me up........

i got "return to sender" by shooting someones claymore through the ceiling, perhaps the same thing happened to you?
 
I have just tried camping on bailout by Bomb site A by the tanks and it works. Though probably the only protection I had was a claymore that never exploded by RPG fire. But the bad thing is that I moved to the second story room and died there by RPG fire.
 
Had a good few games tonight, one with the GTP crowd against those 1337 quick scopers (who by the way I got a nasty collateral on the 2 clan mates :sly: with my own quick scopez :lol:). Tonight has taken me over the 20,000 kill mark as well, currently standing at 20,059K-6,897D which I think is perfect respectable for someone who isn't afraid to stand on a flag if need be.
👍 to all those I played with tonight.
 
Hello fellow MW2 brothers. I bought the game again and i wonder if there are some PSN buddies who i can pwn n00bs with? :)
 
I'd certain add you when I get a PS3 by next weekend. It's generally hard to play with players from different continents though(due to lag), so we probably couldn't hook up that much. Damn shame, as the EU players supposedly are kicking butt, I wish I could've subbed in or something on that jump wagon. :D
[empty space];3885704
i got "return to sender" by shooting someones claymore through the ceiling, perhaps the same thing happened to you?
Honestly, I watched the replay carefully and saw no interference, it only triggered as I walked in front of it.
 
Did you notice if the "killed by" was you or someone else?

I went in for a bit, got hit a few times, but them went on a streak, ending with 26-4, but we lost. I brought in a Pave Low and Attack Chopper, even.

Anyway, I must not be doing too badly. I've not been playing for that long and mainly only play for a bit after work (late at night), but I'm at 41. The M16 isn't quite as awesome as I had hoped, but I switched to it after getting everything for the SCAR.
 
Did you notice if the "killed by" was you or someone else?

I went in for a bit, got hit a few times, but them went on a streak, ending with 26-4, but we lost. I brought in a Pave Low and Attack Chopper, even.

Anyway, I must not be doing too badly. I've not been playing for that long and mainly only play for a bit after work (late at night), but I'm at 41. The M16 isn't quite as awesome as I had hoped, but I switched to it after getting everything for the SCAR.
There is a hack where you can delete your name and it will just show the weapon and the person you killed.
 
Did you notice if the "killed by" was you or someone else?
Great point, but I was crying so hard I didn't see. j/k Seriously though, no, I'm somewhat certain I didn't see anybody's tag come up.

I went in for a bit, got hit a few times, but them went on a streak, ending with 26-4, but we lost. I brought in a Pave Low and Attack Chopper, even.

Anyway, I must not be doing too badly. I've not been playing for that long and mainly only play for a bit after work (late at night), but I'm at 41. The M16 isn't quite as awesome as I had hoped, but I switched to it after getting everything for the SCAR.
SCAR's just great all around. I don't even see the point with most other guns. I still prefer ACR for longer shots & accuracy.

On Pave Low & Attack Chopper, you might wanna get away from that. I prefer air supports you can have in the air simultaneously. Most of the time, it's the typical 5(Predator)/7(Harrier)/9(Pave Low). If I'm on fire(not very often), 7(Harrier)/9(Pave Low)/11(AC130). They can all be in the air at the same time, no wait time.
There is a hack where you can delete your name and it will just show the weapon and the person you killed.
Another hack..... :yuck: Mine did clearly show the claymore blowing me up though.
 
Thanks. I just kind of randomly picked those, since they looked pretty effective.

I was playing free for all a bit ago, but it got frustrating. I'm not sure if it's lag or what, but having a guy trip a claymore, turning and firing nearly a clip into him then getting killed is annoying. Especially when, right after getting killed, I did fire a full clip into someone else then got blown up. It was time to go do something else.

Anyway, earlier, I also got hit with my own claymore. I placed it, then saw someone coming after me, we were both firing, and I think he got close enough to trigger it while I was still there.
 
Thanks. I just kind of randomly picked those, since they looked pretty effective.

I was playing free for all a bit ago, but it got frustrating. I'm not sure if it's lag or what, but having a guy trip a claymore, turning and firing nearly a clip into him then getting killed is annoying. Especially when, right after getting killed, I did fire a full clip into someone else then got blown up. It was time to go do something else.

Anyway, earlier, I also got hit with my own claymore. I placed it, then saw someone coming after me, we were both firing, and I think he got close enough to trigger it while I was still there.
Yeah, the guy standing on top of your claymore, and as it's exploding, you are firing into him, then he drops you. It's one of the most ridiculous things in the game, yet, it happens to me all the time.

Also, yes, if a guy trip your claymore while you are standing too close, it will get you.
 
I use 3-5-7 kill streaks. They're simple, rather effective, easy to get and you can get them more than once in an average game.

I got my 500th kill with the M21 tonight. I switched back to silenced/acog and I had some decent games. Now I'm getting close to level 70 again but I don't think I'm going to prestige again like I had planned. I'd like to get that extra class slot but I think I'll just sit on 70 and try to complete more weapon masterys/unlock camos.
 
I use 3-5-7 kill streaks. They're simple, rather effective, easy to get and you can get them more than once in an average game.

I got my 500th kill with the M21 tonight. I switched back to silenced/acog and I had some decent games. Now I'm getting close to level 70 again but I don't think I'm going to prestige again like I had planned. I'd like to get that extra class slot but I think I'll just sit on 70 and try to complete more weapon masterys/unlock camos.
If you are getting the extra slot on the very next prestige, you should do it now. I just hate to see all the kills go wasted.

I'm gonna try to play again, and way I'm playing right now, I should start my killstreak with the UAV. We'll see how it goes..... :nervous:
 
Thing is I'm not sure I play enough to justify going prestige again. What would I really do with a 7th class slot anyway?
 
Thing is I'm not sure I play enough to justify going prestige again. What would I really do with a 7th class slot anyway?
You just answered your own question IMO. You don't know what you'd do with the extra slot so why not just stay in your current prestige, get some more titles and stuff and then if you find you want another class slot later on, prestige then.
 
On Pave Low & Attack Chopper, you might wanna get away from that. I prefer air supports you can have in the air simultaneously. Most of the time, it's the typical 5(Predator)/7(Harrier)/9(Pave Low). If I'm on fire(not very often), 7(Harrier)/9(Pave Low)/11(AC130). They can all be in the air at the same time, no wait time.

Worth noting that having them all in the air isn't always as good as it sounds, they can end up stealing one anothers kills if you're against a team who isn't making a habit of shooting it down though of course having all 3 against a team who isn't shooting them down is useful as you can be safe knowing the supports pretty safe. I'm stilling running the tried and tested 3-4-5 or 3-5-7 for the most part and sometimes going upwards to 5-7-9/11 depending on the map but only if I'm with a party and if I'm feeling good about my games so far. Playing alot of Domination makes the Predator a staple for any killstreak reward set, as soon as you hear a flag being capped you just nail it with a Pred and you're good which is why I stockpile a few of them for just such an occasion.
 
Thing is I'm not sure I play enough to justify going prestige again. What would I really do with a 7th class slot anyway?
I wondered the same thing after my prestige, now I wish I had one more slot. :D
Worth noting that having them all in the air isn't always as good as it sounds, they can end up stealing one anothers kills if you're against a team who isn't making a habit of shooting it down though of course having all 3 against a team who isn't shooting them down is useful as you can be safe knowing the supports pretty safe.
I never thought about the Harrier & Pavey having to compete for the kills, that is a good point. The reason I use this 1, 2 punch, however, is to make it harder for the other team to shoot them down.
Playing alot of Domination makes the Predator a staple for any killstreak reward set, as soon as you hear a flag being capped you just nail it with a Pred and you're good which is why I stockpile a few of them for just such an occasion.
Interesting. Sounds like Mariokart. :lol:
 
Back