Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,470 views
I'll be buying both the day that they come out. You pay to play especially when there isn't really anything else out there that I want to play right now.
 
More money than sense, some people. If companies want to charge for DLC, then they should give us something worth our money, or price them more reasonably. For example MW2s resurgence pack should only be priced at a couple of pounds. It's just not worth any more. Face it: Activision are one of the greediest companies out there, right up there with EA, and it's only fools who pay out that makes them not actually care and encourages them to carry on fleecing us for every penny. It needs to stop.
 
If you say so. I don't really have a problem paying for it. $15 really isn't that much for me.
 
If you say so. I don't really have a problem paying for it. $15 really isn't that much for me.

$15 for a few extra maps? There is a saying: a fool and his money are easily parted. For $15 I would expect at least 20 new maps, a few extra levels that extends the single player campaign, and maybe another game mode in the main menu. Something like the Nazi Zombies from WaW or the arcade mode from MW1.
 
$15 for a few extra maps? There is a saying: a fool and his money are easily parted. For $15 I would expect at least 20 new maps, a few extra levels that extends the single player campaign, and maybe another game mode in the main menu. Something like the Nazi Zombies from WaW or the arcade mode from MW1.

Speak with your wallet than.👍

Companies are out to make money and only to make money, they will sell everything for as much as they can so long as it still sells well. It doesn't make them evil or greedy, it makes them a company.
 
We can keep on adding to the win streak tomorrow. 👍 And yeah, good games everyone!

The game kept kicking me out of the party though. Its been doing that a lot. Either you guys join the game and I got kicked or I joined the game and no one else did. I'll still be on again later tonight though if anyone is planning to be on. You guys have any plans for today?
Yeah, let's hook up again today. Maybe this afternoon?
What a rip-off! Why the hell should we actually pay for extra maps? Especially when a couple of them are maps we have already played in MW1? DLC map packs should be free, as it increases the lifespan of the game - something companies should be encouraging. But no doubt a game of the year edition will be released which includes all the extra maps, another example of Activision's greed. And if CoD Black Ops is priced any higher than £40, I think we should all boycott it. Teach them lot at Activision a lesson.
I do see where you are coming from, and why you view this as a rip-off. I, however, has an opposite perspective on this.

First the Call of Duty 4 maps, the two that are included with the map packs, they are the maps I want. To be honest, I couldn't care less about the all-new maps they come up with. I will say that I've thoroughly enjoyed the new maps they've designed. Bailout/Salvage/Storm + Carnival/Fuel/Trailer Park, I love all of them. Unlike the map pack they released for CoD4(Chinarown/Creek/Broadcast), I did not care for them at all. At the very least, I felt that those three maps were not on par with the original CoD4 maps the game came with.

But again, it's those two original CoD4 maps that they include with the map packs. Crash/Overgrown + Vacant/Strike, I would pay big money for them. If the next map pack had something like Pipeline + Crossfire, I just might make chalupa in my pants.

Secondly, the pricing. Legendary tells us that some(maybe all) maps were already on the disc? If that was the case, and they are making us pay to unlock that, that would be a 100% complete chickent s**t, I concur. But as far as the pricing of $15 go, I see it as nothing. Maybe a microscopic bump in the road at best.

Since CoD4, I actually felt guilty that they are selling these games for $59, SONY gave us free online multiplay, and I'm racking up hundreds of hours solely just on electric bill. I mean we used to have a "game night" with my buddies, some nights. Now, we could just play anytime at unbelievable convenience. I think the $59 I spent on PS3 version of CoD4 has gone on longer than any money I spent before, ever. And the new map packs, I've spent $30(on XBL) so far. That's $89 since last November, which equals to roughly $12.71 a month. I must say, I'd spend that $89 all over again, if I had the choice.

Bottom line, I think I'm being charged a fair price. This is thanks to Microsoft & SONY keeping the game pricing uniformed at a reasonable level. Somewhat reasonable. :lol: Games like CoD4, I've always said that I'd have paid much more than $59 for it. It is worth it, and I'm getting far more out of it than $89, that's for sure. :)
 
Those were some great games yesterday, especially the last 3 where we just decimated the opposing team. I can't believe we took the one game 7500-1800. Maybe it was more as I don't remember if someone did well and left, but when I looked at the stat screen the other team was 6, 3, 3, 2, 2, and 2 kills, with over 10 deaths each. I should make sure not to play during the day so I can keep the streak going.
 
Those were some great games yesterday, especially the last 3 where we just decimated the opposing team. I can't believe we took the one game 7500-1800. Maybe it was more as I don't remember if someone did well and left, but when I looked at the stat screen the other team was 6, 3, 3, 2, 2, and 2 kills, with over 10 deaths each. I should make sure not to play during the day so I can keep the streak going.
They were horrible. At one point, only player they could kill, apparently, was me. :lol: I think in two games, I started out with something like 0-3 against them. :ouch:

The matches I really liked were the 7500-7400 one's. I think we had two matches like that. I sent a congratulatory message to our camper who got the game winning shot on Underpass. M1zuno was his name. He was one of those staring at the doorway-type most of the game, but I think the score was 7400-7400, and I was gunned down! I don't know if you remember, but the guy from other team was freaking out in the following lobby about how he thought he got us? That was me, he dropped. I think I played good in that game, but I was almost the guy who lost the match for us, then that M1zuno beat them by what must've been a microsecond. Big, big shot that kept our winning streak alive! :lol:
 
I was freaking out the one match on Estate I think, where they called in the EMP and it was 74-71. Our guys kept dying and I was running around saying to myself "don't be the last kill, don't be the last kill" and we squeaked that one out somehow. I should have had like 4 Chopper Gunners but the match ended or I'd get tagged by some 2 bar fool. Plus the one match I did get it but it was the 73rd kill and I tagged another guy in the same area for 74, and 75 came before I could at least call it in.
 
Those matches were great, but I have to admit, I got kind of bored of TDM after a while.. We kept getting the same maps(Estate, RAAGE) over and over and it just got kind of boring. I think if we have less than 5 people we should do Team Tactical instead.. Or maybe just switch it up a bit.
 
I can not, and will not play anything outside TDMs. Two possible exceptions are domination & the new map pack mosh pit. I gotta warn you though, when I'm forced in there, I'm still playing TDMs, mostly.

Last night, there was something crazy going on with the map rotation. I think it was Estate, Favela, Karachi, maybe 60% of the time. Of course, you two don't have the map packs, so we can't play Crash & Overgrown, which I really like! :lol: I like Salvage, too.

Anyway, I hope the rotation improve the next time. Anybody getting on soon?
 
I'm pretty sure I would dominate on Crash and Overgrown. They're two of my favorite CoD4 maps.. Now all they need to do is bring back Crossfire. :sly:👍

I'm getting on in about 10 minutes.
 
I'm pretty sure I would dominate on Crash and Overgrown. They're two of my favorite CoD4 maps.. Now all they need to do is bring back Crossfire. :sly:👍

I'm getting on in about 10 minutes.
Yeah, they did a great job picking those two maps for the first pack. They brought back Strike in the second(due out this Tuesday), which was one of my favorites. I just hope Pipeline's on the way back. When I went back to CoD4 for few hours, I thought Pipeline truly was one of the best maps in CoD4 or MW2. I loved the every minute I was on that map!

Edit: Damn, beach volleyball just came on, but I guess I'll be joining you. :lol:
 
Hey, anyone going to be on here soon? I am planning to hop on for a few rounds at least before I had out for a BBQ.
 
Anyone know when the Double XP starts? It will be a good chance for me too catch up too my friends.
 
Wow, everything was good, until that game in Derail. We got beat by bunch of losers, who possessed very, very little skill.

I was so mad, I couldn't even talk, and I just stopped playing in the second half, because I just kept getting owned by these campers who, I kid you not, watched the doorway from prone, behind the cabinet, watching the doorway, and in numbers. Like three guys, basically just spent much of the game staring at the doorway.

On Derail, whichever team that takes the main building has the upperhand, because they can just call in the air support. I was able to hold it by myself at first, but they got me just one away from the harrier, and rest is the most infuriating experience in MW2 ever. And following that game, just like in Derail, every bullet hit me. I guess it was better than Derail, because every Predator came after only me in that match.

It's truly unbelievable how this game(and CoD) can turn on you. It has now, I had to bail. I smell the beginning of one of those supernatural slumps. No matter what I do, I die. We'll see how it goes when I get back on after this break. Not looking forward to it.
Anyone know when the Double XP starts? It will be a good chance for me too catch up too my friends.
Haven't heard anything about it. Thought it's possible they'll do it at the time of new map pack release.
 
A6, before these last couple of days a I didn't play MW2 that much.. I played for about 2 hours and then took like a 4 day break. Every time I came back I played really, really good. And right now, I'm sucking really freakin' bad, 'cause I really haven't taken a break. I think that when you get into a match where people are killing you more than usual, you make it your personal objective to run and go after them and what that does is get you killed even more. We just need to keep our cool and stick to our normal playing style.
 
Whilst you mention predators, just like automated air support, they are attracted to high ranked players (it's been like this since COD4, note I refer to rank as in position in the current match not XP rank). When a predator is called in, it starts somewhere over the top enemy player (based upon KDR and score so far in the match) which makes decent players in pub games a real magnet for them. Other air support the Pavelow/Harrier/Attack Helicopter is more attracted to you when it finds you as well whilst also taking into account distance (if it can see you at all) and if said player has or has not attacked the air support in question though I'm not sure if failed stingers count or if you need a hit marker.

Just another way for being punished of doing well, but this ones been around for a while and alot of people don't even know about it.
 
Wow, everything was good, until that game in Derail. We got beat by bunch of losers, who possessed very, very little skill.

I was so mad, I couldn't even talk, and I just stopped playing in the second half, because I just kept getting owned by these campers who, I kid you not, watched the doorway from prone, behind the cabinet, watching the doorway, and in numbers. Like three guys, basically just spent much of the game staring at the doorway.

On Derail, whichever team that takes the main building has the upperhand, because they can just call in the air support. I was able to hold it by myself at first, but they got me just one away from the harrier, and rest is the most infuriating experience in MW2 ever. And following that game, just like in Derail, every bullet hit me. I guess it was better than Derail, because every Predator came after only me in that match.

Well, in addition to them being prone campers, we also had 2 kids that went 0-10 and 0-16 or something before they left. The whole time trying to be funny and failing miserably.
 
Whilst you mention predators, just like automated air support, they are attracted to high ranked players (it's been like this since COD4, note I refer to rank as in position in the current match not XP rank). When a predator is called in, it starts somewhere over the top enemy player (based upon KDR and score so far in the match) which makes decent players in pub games a real magnet for them. Other air support the Pavelow/Harrier/Attack Helicopter is more attracted to you when it finds you as well whilst also taking into account distance (if it can see you at all) and if said player has or has not attacked the air support in question though I'm not sure if failed stingers count or if you need a hit marker.

Just another way for being punished of doing well, but this ones been around for a while and alot of people don't even know about it.

I didnt know that...but guess I was right when I feel Its always after me :sly:
 
No supernatural slump, I'm good! :dopey: 2 Good news: 1) k/d's on the rise again, it's approaching 2.50 :p 2.40 2) I had red tiger stripe for my SCAR. I didn't even know! It looks very cool!
A6, before these last couple of days a I didn't play MW2 that much.. I played for about 2 hours and then took like a 4 day break. Every time I came back I played really, really good. And right now, I'm sucking really freakin' bad, 'cause I really haven't taken a break. I think that when you get into a match where people are killing you more than usual, you make it your personal objective to run and go after them and what that does is get you killed even more. We just need to keep our cool and stick to our normal playing style.
Not even close. I couldn't even begin to attempt to run after somebody. If anything, I'm running for cover! Break thing is true though. I took a long one just now, and my game's back on again. :D:tup:
Whilst you mention predators, just like automated air support, they are attracted to high ranked players (it's been like this since COD4, note I refer to rank as in position in the current match not XP rank). When a predator is called in, it starts somewhere over the top enemy player (based upon KDR and score so far in the match) which makes decent players in pub games a real magnet for them. Other air support the Pavelow/Harrier/Attack Helicopter is more attracted to you when it finds you as well whilst also taking into account distance (if it can see you at all) and if said player has or has not attacked the air support in question though I'm not sure if failed stingers count or if you need a hit marker.

Just another way for being punished of doing well, but this ones been around for a while and alot of people don't even know about it.
And I thought you were gonna tell me something I already knew. I wasn't aware of the Predator's starting point. I always did wonder how it was determined.

I'm good at running away from it, too. I'll take everything into consideration in losing the Predator, including the movement of my teammates. :p
Well, in addition to them being prone campers, we also had 2 kids that went 0-10 and 0-16 or something before they left. The whole time trying to be funny and failing miserably.
They were funny, just until they ended up on the same team. We were both laughing at them talking about guns. :lol:
 
No supernatural slump, I'm good! :dopey: 2 Good news: 1) k/d's on the rise again, it's approaching 2.50 :p 2.40

Lol. I dunno how mine hit 2.50 and hasn't gone down yet. I've been putting out some really crappy game play recently.

Are you playing tonight?
 
Last edited:
Me and two other friends are messing with the speed hack in a private lobby. Join my session! :)
 
Lol. I dunno how mine hit 2.50 and hasn't gone down yet. I've been putting out some really crappy game play recently.

Air you playing tonight?
I'm headed to bed, but I have Tuesday off, so I should be on tomorrow night. Map pack should be out on Tuesday, so I'm glad about that. I miss those maps!
 
a6m5, you say that you wouldn't mind paying $59 or over for MW2. That's ludicrous if you only play online. MW2 simply didn't offer the same value for money as MW2. I love playing online, sure, but I also like solid single-player action as well. What exactly did MW2 offer in that regard? A mediocre story that made no sense an had stupid arcade racing bits. And SpecOps? That was only a selection of single-player missions, some of which appeared in the story mode. Lame.
 
I'm headed to bed, but I have Tuesday off, so I should be on tomorrow night. Map pack should be out on Tuesday, so I'm glad about that. I miss those maps!

Cool cool. I'm looking forward to checking out fuel and vacant was a decent map. I really don't want to prestige but with double XP now would be the time to do it. I'll really miss my M21 though if I do do it again. :(
 
I didnt know that...but guess I was right when I feel Its always after me :sly:

And I thought you were gonna tell me something I already knew. I wasn't aware of the Predator's starting point. I always did wonder how it was determined.

:lol: I just had to find out why it was always me when I'd get 2-3 times sometimes a match always having streaks ruined, then I remember the COD4 thing, now everytime I hear/see a predator I check the scoreboard as I run so I know how likely it is to start above me and it does seem to be consistently hitting the good players. I don't have solid evidence to prove it, but I'm pretty sure from experience this is the case with starting points for the damn things and it was VERY consistent when I was playing with Aldo not to long ago, we got pretty much every predator between us. It's still worth running like hell though if you're near anyone as the human side will go for multi-kills.
 
So apparently there is a glitch on fuel that lets you get inside a rock. Looks like it could ruin that map for me. I was really looking forward to that one. I bet IW won't patch it either just like everything else.
 
Argh, I tried downloading the map pack off mr_VOLCANO's account but they are region specified. :grumpy:

Anyone else want to try?
 
Last edited:
Back