Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,470 views
They were funny, just until they ended up on the same team. We were both laughing at them talking about guns. :lol:

Well, I was cracking up because I convinced one that the F2000 is the best rifle in the game.

Yeah...
 
Well, I was cracking up because I convinced one that the F2000 is the best rifle in the game.

Yeah...

i love it 👍 ... oh wait, that's sarcasm, yes? :|
 
Argh, I tried downloading the map pack off mr_VOLCANO's account but they are region specified. :grumpy:

Anyone else want to try?
Probably not something you ought to be discussing publicly here.
 
a6m5, you say that you wouldn't mind paying $59 or over for MW2. That's ludicrous if you only play online. MW2 simply didn't offer the same value for money as MW2. I love playing online, sure, but I also like solid single-player action as well. What exactly did MW2 offer in that regard? A mediocre story that made no sense an had stupid arcade racing bits. And SpecOps? That was only a selection of single-player missions, some of which appeared in the story mode. Lame.
In Call of Duty 4, as soon as I was done with the campaign, I said it was well worth the purchase(I think I got it on Black Friday for $48). I was happy with it, wasn't even planning on going online. I yelled at my friends who were all online, but hadn't even touched the campaign mode.

With the MW2, I hated the Special Ops, never finished it. I may have 30 minutes or so in the campaign mode. :lol: Basically, I wouldn't know if I agree with you on the story or not, because I haven't really played yet.

When you get hours & hours of enjoyment out of something though, $89 price tag is an unbelievable value in my neck of the woods. ;)
Cool cool. I'm looking forward to checking out fuel and vacant was a decent map. I really don't want to prestige but with double XP now would be the time to do it. I'll really miss my M21 though if I do do it again. :(
Fuel sucks. In a good way, it's challenging. It is truly hard for me though, I still don't grasp it completely. So many angles, so many buildings, so much area! Very frustrating. I just read about the glitch thing, the map is so big, you might be able to avoid the area, almost completely.

I prestiged during the double xp, but not this time. I was after the extra slot, so I had to do it two times. You should do it though, you just need one more prestige. And start it now, don't waste any of your xp, you'll need it!


Well, I was cracking up because I convinced one that the F2000 is the best rifle in the game.

Yeah...
:lol: And poor empty... but he's pretty much alone on that one. Maybe blackbird. :lol:
 
I want that extra slot but I hate starting over. Half of my classes right now are the M21 :lol:

Are you getting on soon?
 
I want that extra slot but I hate starting over. Half of my classes right now are the M21 :lol:

Are you getting on soon?
I'm late, but I am getting on right now! lol@your M21 classes. I don't know if I want you on my team. :lol:
 
Lol haha. Its a good gun... I'm just a **** sniper lol. I've got an M21 acog, an M21 silenced/acog and an M21 thermal. Its a one shot kill to the head and a two shot kill anywhere else without stopping power so its even more powerful than the FAL.
 
Its a good gun... I'm just a **** sniper lol
:lol:

M21's pretty much the only sniper rifle I've consider using on a regular basis, but in MW2, assault rifles such as ACR & SCAR has crazy long range, and from what my friend tells me, RPD doesn't even lose stopping power across the maps. IMO, only thing I'm losing to an proper sniper rifle is the optical range. In that department, there is a clear advantage if you are using the stock scope, or thermal scope. But with RPD & assault rifles, I can also take out multiple target at....... just about any range. :D

I'm having a weird start tonight. I'm getting k/d of around 5, which is good, but my kills are topping out at 11. 11-3, 10-2, 11-2, etc. Oh, well. We haven't lost, so that's a good start.
 
:( Modern Warfare 2 is still not working. I'm really starved of it, Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 just can't take its place. It doesn't have the action, intensity and sometimes, fear, that MW2 provided. It's mostly running towards the objective, kill some enemies, arm Com Stations, protect them until they blow up, either get killed and have to run back again, or blow it up and run on to the next one. Or capturing flags, and holding them until the numbers go down.
Campers everywhere, hiding in spots you can't even see from a distance, and by the time you're close enough, the bastard Medic kills you with his LMG. I know MW2 has campers too, but at least you can see where they are and go back after them.

It started to stop working after I downloaded the last update. I've tried to delete the game data, and re-install it, twice, but it still freezes everytime you try to play it, whether it be Single Player, Multiplayer, or Spec-Ops. I got lucky last ight when I stuck it in, joined a friend's game, and it worked, until the scoreboard showed up at the end of the game, and then it froze again. Should I buy another? Because it seems like everyone is still playing it a lot. Or should I just move on? Anywhere reliable I can find a good used copy ,apart from ebay?
 
:( Modern Warfare 2 is still not working. I'm really starved of it, Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 just can't take its place. It doesn't have the action, intensity and sometimes, fear, that MW2 provided. It's mostly running towards the objective, kill some enemies, arm Com Stations, protect them until they blow up, either get killed and have to run back again, or blow it up and run on to the next one. Or capturing flags, and holding them until the numbers go down.
Campers everywhere, hiding in spots you can't even see from a distance, and by the time you're close enough, the bastard Medic kills you with his LMG. I know MW2 has campers too, but at least you can see where they are and go back after them.

It started to stop working after I downloaded the last update. I've tried to delete the game data, and re-install it, twice, but it still freezes everytime you try to play it, whether it be Single Player, Multiplayer, or Spec-Ops. I got lucky last ight when I stuck it in, joined a friend's game, and it worked, until the scoreboard showed up at the end of the game, and then it froze again. Should I buy another? Because it seems like everyone is still playing it a lot. Or should I just move on? Anywhere reliable I can find a good used copy ,apart from ebay?
Sorry to heart that. I don't know how used game market is like were you live, but in the States, Modern Warfare games are way overpriced. Personally, I'd say go get it. Until the BlackOps are out, I don't forsee any FPS that could overtake MW2 in popularity.

Are you sure the problem is with your game disc though?

Edit: P.S. I just got owned, oh, so hard in two of my most reliable maps: Crash & Vacant. :( Insane! In Overgrown, this camper had the attic in the grandma's house blocked off with the claymores. I still got in easily though using flash bangs. But once I got in, this mothertrucker read every single one of my moves. I peek around the corner, and there he was waiting for me with an AA12 blasting at my face. And just in crash, as soon as I'm thrown in the game, I'm shot in the back. Respawn. I see this dude trying to set a claymore. I knife him once, swing and a miss. He's bent over. I knife him, then again, he finally notices me and kills me. I need a break already. :indiff:
 
I'm coming on to boost up Team North America if you guys are still on. Have to warn you though I spent my day at the lake with my boat so I'm a touch exhausted and I may play like crap for a few games.
 
Pretty good games tonight. I really enjoyed when we were playing with that team of noobs for a while. I really racked up the kills with my AK in those matches. I finally busted out my thermal M21 on invasion and had a flawless match but A6 left so I decided to take off for the night to. When A6 left for a second I wondered if we were getting our asses kicked and I just hadn't noticed yet. :lol:
 
I'm coming on to boost up Team North America if you guys are still on. Have to warn you though I spent my day at the lake with my boat so I'm a touch exhausted and I may play like crap for a few games.
Must've been nice. I had fun at my work, no big deal. It was dead, but no commute traffic. :rolleyes: :lol: As a citizen, I was slightly annoyed that I didn't get to observe the great 4th of July. Japanese citizen.
Pretty good games tonight. I really enjoyed when we were playing with that team of noobs for a while. I really racked up the kills with my AK in those matches. I finally busted out my thermal M21 on invasion and had a flawless match but A6 left so I decided to take off for the night to. When A6 left for a second I wondered if we were getting our asses kicked and I just hadn't noticed yet. :lol:
Well, I was suffering from lag much of the night. It would come & go, and my score + k/d was a good indicator of when it was getting bad. When I went along the lines of 7-6, like I was telling you on PSN, I'd be laying it into the guy, and just about when the clip was about to run out, they'd drop me with one short burst. I think there were three of those games where my gun just didn't work anymore, and almost left.

That last match was really bad, and between trying to invite everybody to the match, finishing my laundry, had to go #1, I just bailed. I didn't tell others I was leaving, so, sorry about that guys. :ouch:
 
I liked those games. I was on top on quarry without even realizing it. :lol:
 
I liked those games. I was on top on quarry without even realizing it. :lol:
Games that I was getting my behind kicked? :lol:

Overall, we had a good run. I started using ACR a bit again, which I haven't used in weeks. By the way, we did win the last match on Invasion?
 
Yeah we won that one. I think Forza finished the game with his tar and I was 13-0 with the M21/M93.
 
Yeah we won that one. I think Forza finished the game with his tar and I was 13-0 with the M21/M93.
Nice. 👍 I just wish we could get Azure to play, when everybody else is playing.

With the most recent, most frequent participants, the line up would look like this with Azure in it:

  1. Azuremen
  2. Midship(Time Attack)
  3. Wiener
  4. Forza(Icarus)
  5. Giancarlo/Turf(Josh)/Eric
  6. a6m5

If it happened, in an average lobby, we wouldn't lose for a long period of time!
 
Is that wiener guy the one that was on skid row on the other team?

Also, I wouldn't mind playing something besides TDM sometime. Some HQ maybe?
 
Is that wiener guy the one that was on skid row on the other team?

Also, I wouldn't mind playing something besides TDM sometime. Some HQ maybe?
Don't know how to play anything else, man. :sly:
 
You can go around killing everything. I'm just tired of our games being so short.
 
Last edited:
You can go around killing everything. I'm just tired of our games being so short.
Short games are good! I just want to beat our record of 28 game winning streak before the MW2's done. I think we came close last night, but Forza had to go to bed or something. Sleep's so overrated. :sly: :p
 
Short games are boring. It just leads to more time sitting in the pre-game lobby.

And you're always the one getting offline first lol. I left last night before you guys lost a match so I went into tonight with my streak intact but promptly lost it in first game. 👎
 
Short games are boring. It just leads to more time sitting in the pre-game lobby.

And you're always the one getting offline first lol. I left last night before you guys lost a match so I went into tonight with my streak intact but promptly lost it in first game. 👎
Nooooo. When we played the night before, everybody kept leaving, then coming back. I guess I could've been the first one to go offline completely. I'll try to keep that in mind tomorrow.
 
Four new Playlists were added today! Objective Barebones Pro(Dom, HQ Pro, CtF with no Killstreak rewards), Hardcore Ricochet HQ Pro, Resurgance playlist, and Resurgence Hardcore.

I'm so excited to try out OBP. :)
 
Four new Playlists were added today! Objective Barebones Pro(Dom, HQ Pro, CtF with no Killstreak rewards), Hardcore Ricochet HQ Pro, Resurgance playlist, and Resurgence Hardcore.

I'm so excited to try out OBP. :)
I thought the Xbox Live got the Barebone TDMs? Theirs is 4-on-4. I'd love to play regular TDMs with no kill streaks.
 
I thought the Xbox Live got the Barebone TDMs? Theirs is 4-on-4. I'd love to play regular TDMs with no kill streaks.

The 360 has had all of this stuff for weeks now. Today is the big day for the PS3.

It will be interesting to see if the glitches on the new maps on the 360 are also on the PS3 versions.
 
There's Barebones TDM+FFA on PS3, I saw it in the game list. Haven't played any today, just felt like updating and seeing what was new during halftime of the WC match.
 
There's Barebones TDM+FFA on PS3, I saw it in the game list. Haven't played any today, just felt like updating and seeing what was new during halftime of the WC match.
Yeah, I tried that out. It's brutal. :lol: I did real well in the team deathmatch I played, but my k/d was only 2. I played the regular TDM right afterwards, and k/d was 7. I liked that better. :lol:
 
Sorry for the double post: Resurgence Map Pack is not coming today. I've been waiting for it all afternoon, so finally, I start googling & some articles I've found says the release is July 7th.

Something is fishy though, because when I looked it up before, all articles I found said July 6th. And if you get on the MW2 today, after the update, it says the map pack is available from the PSN store.

Thank you to Infinity Ward, or PSN for wasting my afternoon, today. Somebody need to get their act together.
 
Back