Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,488 views
I have still yet to buy the first map pack.
 
It finally showed up for me around 7:30pm CST. I've downloaded them now and spent a little bit of time going through the maps. They're ok pretty much what I expected.
 
I don't believe it. Thanks for the heads up though, guys. I don't believe it.
 
Go figure, and I may have to sit this one out :( Exam tomorrow and broke. Though how much is it again?
 
I'm gonna get kicked out of the group soon if I don't pick up at least 1 of these map packs. Probably won't be today though, gotta see if I can swing a deal with some friends to share the love.
 
Wow, the maps are 10x better than the Stimulus Package one! My favorite right now is Trailer Park.. Haven't played Carnival yet..
 
Go figure, and I may have to sit this one out :( Exam tomorrow and broke. Though how much is it again?
$14.99!
I'm gonna get kicked out of the group soon if I don't pick up at least 1 of these map packs. Probably won't be today though, gotta see if I can swing a deal with some friends to share the love.
Get the Stimulus first, will ya! I love Overgrown! :p
So you got them yet A6?
It's at 15% right now, but I'm eatin'.
Wow, the maps are 10x better than the Stimulus Package one! My favorite right now is Trailer Park.. Haven't played Carnival yet..
Carnival was the easiest map for me. All the landmarks are easier to remember like the castle, rocket, clown's mouth, etc., etc. Hated Trailer Park at first, but since I switched to SCAR + AA12/SPAS, I love it now.
 
Well I'm getting on now so maybe we can play some of the new maps.
 
Need more maps to play on! Every time I try to host a game with the different maps, nobody bothers to join. So I end up having to join games with the same old maps. Maybe I will invest in the map packs for MW2 and WaW. Looking forward to Black Ops.
 
My god it was laggy tonight, just one of them nights. I apologize to TA & Rabia who did get the new map pack. I went back to TDM, and it was just as bad, but at least in TDMs, my game can tolerate little more lags. I already know the new maps from the Xbox Live, but it's the game mode, they throw me completely off.

In a way, it turned into sort of a blessing in a disguise though. We ended up with a full crew with Turf/Josh, TA, Wiener, Eric, Icarus & myself on a TDM. We'd have blown the other team away, if I wasn't lagging, and Turf wasn't drunk. :lol:

Sorry about the last match at Scrapyard. I tried to PM you guys to let you know that it was going to be my last match, then my PS3 froze on me. Never seen that one before, but I was gonna leave after that one anyway, gotta work tomorrow. The whole time though, I was wondering what you East Coast boys were doing tomorrow morning though. :lol:
 
Ok...... they say they are available in the store....
They aren't.
I know I'm not so dumb as to not be able to figure out where to find them.
I have tried every section of the store, even specifically looking up that one game series, and then looking for DLC, but they aren't there.
Perhaps UK isn't getting the new maps for being so arrogant in the lobbies and sucky in the game itself.


But........ they say they are available in the store......

:irked:👍
 
To bad everyone just up and left at the end... We were doing pretty good. You guys keep taking all the kills though lol. I like to play slower and more methodically but you guys just run out there and rambo up the place. :lol:

The new maps are ok. I didn't get to play on vacant or strike though. It seemed like 9/10 games I joined were CTF. I was loosing my mind playing with randoms since I was the only one that bothered to ever cap a flag.

I really like fuel though. The size is great and there are lots of vantage points. I think I saw a few people in the glitch but I pretty much stayed away from there so no worries. Trailer park is hit or miss for me. Carnival I could take it or leave it.

I've really been trying to use different weapons recently. I tried the F2000 in two games and couldn't believe how bad it was. I assumed everyone was over exaggerating but I couldn't kill a damn thing with it. I ended up switching it out for the ACR which I had forgot how good it is.
 
Ok...... they say they are available in the store....
They aren't.
I know I'm not so dumb as to not be able to figure out where to find them.
I have tried every section of the store, even specifically looking up that one game series, and then looking for DLC, but they aren't there.
Perhaps UK isn't getting the new maps for being so arrogant in the lobbies and sucky in the game itself.


But........ they say they are available in the store......

:irked:👍
They have a way of pulling this map pack thing in the most clumsy way possible. Just expect it to be literally hours late. I didn't get mine until in the evening.

Edit:
I think I saw a few people in the glitch but I pretty much stayed away from there so no worries.
That's why! I had forgotten about it. I went looking for those bastards, they shot me, and I just figured that they were just cleverly hidden. I will refrain from commenting on the glitchers.
 
Apparently you can't throw equipment in there but bullets will pass through the rock so if you see someone there you can still take them out.

I've been using sitrep on a few of my classes recently just to keep an eye out for tacs and such. Its going to take me forever to get pro though :lol:
 
What's the glitch?

And as for waiting for this map thing, it came available yesterday... so it's been "available" but not for over 12 hours now....

I'll wait I guess. Thanx for letting me know I haven't gone mad.

So seriously, What's the glitch on fuel?

:irked:👍
 
What's the glitch?

And as for waiting for this map thing, it came available yesterday... so it's been "available" but not for over 12 hours now....

I'll wait I guess. Thanx for letting me know I haven't gone mad.

So seriously, What's the glitch on fuel?

:irked:👍
Back of the map on Fuel. I guess you can get inside the boulder.

I don't like going back there anyhow. Snipers have huge advantage in the area.
 
Oh right, thanx. Having never seen fuel, other than in youtube vids, I have no idea what you are talking about, but I suppose I'll figure it out when I keep getting pwned there later tonight...

:irked:👍
 
We got the maps today. The rest of the world gets them tomorrow the 7th. The glitch is there is a large rock that you can crawl inside of and shoot out of. It sucks but its in a relatively low traffic area. Its on the op-for side out on the open side of the map. It makes flanking on that side risky if you don't know if anyone is in there or not. You can still get around the map without going over there though.
 
Oh right, thanx. Having never seen fuel, other than in youtube vids, I have no idea what you are talking about, but I suppose I'll figure it out when I keep getting pwned there later tonight...

:irked:👍
If you are looking at the map overview, the desert should be covering the top-right section of the map. Watch for the snipers, even when you are just exposed to that area. Glitch boulder is located in that top-right section.

I apologize in advance if I had the layout mixed up. :p
 
The B flag is pretty hard to take on that map. I went on an 18 kill streak with just my ACR while defending B before I hooked up with you guys. I swear its always when I'm using the low kill streaks that I could be getting nukes.
 
I haven't seen a nuke in a long time. Very glad.
 
I still want one. I stopped trying to get one a long time ago though. I've been using lower streaks like 3-4-5 and 3-5-7. My highest streak to date was with 3-4-7.
 
Guys, I've been thinking of this lately..

I think we should have assigned killstreaks. For example, I use UAV, Care Package, and Predator missile. It would be cool if we had it setup so one person had the low killstreak rewards like UAV, UAV Jammer, and Predator Missile, while someone else that racks up a lot of kills has a Harrier, Chopper, and an AC130. Or maybe we could all just assign one killstreak for each of us.
 
That's why I always run 3-4-5 exactly as you described, nobody else ever uses counter-UAVs in the EU GTP squad to my knowledge so I'm prepared to sacrifice my chances of getting a harrier, despite the fact I'm someone who would get it regularly, in order to help the rest of the team get their support. Ideally, you want at least one good (and aggressive) player with a low set up like that who can get it over and over, and one good player (who can afford to be more restrained) with a more aggressive set up who is aided by the UAVs and counter-UAVs.
 
Why do they insist on releasing the maps so late at night? If I remember rightly, the last time, they were released at 5pm, and it took me an age to even pay for them, let alone download them.

It would be better if they were released first thing in the morning, as there would be less traffic due to the younger ones being still in school, it might be busy, but you would not have to wait until late at night, or even the next day before you got the map pack. 👍
 
Ok... I have MW2 and have just activated an XBox live gold account. When and where do you guys play??
 
So, I thought that maybe a software update will make MW2 work again. Nope, it still freezes at the exact same place every time. and BFBC2 is getting more and more annoying, frustrating, and boring.
 
Anyone know what the newest update for mw2 did for the ps3 version?
 
Back