Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,488 views
Prepping for the map pack I believe volcano, aparently it actually says they're available in game though I've not checked.
 
I didnt find them, but I have not checked today.. So its not fixing anything else...?
 
IW did the same thing towards XBL users..it was quite annoying to find them on the site first.
 
So, I thought that maybe a software update will make MW2 work again. Nope, it still freezes at the exact same place every time. and BFBC2 is getting more and more annoying, frustrating, and boring.

Have you cleaned the game disc?

I'll have to postpone getting the map pack a bit, just got a parking ticket. And the SC2 Beta should be back today so yeah...
 
Of course I have, many times, but it has never made a difference. The CD doesn't have any scratches, that would cause such a catastrophic gameplay problem, that happens every time, in the exact same way and place.
 
Of course I have, many times, but it has never made a difference. The CD doesn't have any scratches, that would cause such a catastrophic gameplay problem, that happens every time, in the exact same way and place.

Unless the data layer is damaged. Try holding it to the light to see if there are holes in it. I'm serious, as data is printed to the foil that is often part of the label etc.
 
Anyone getting on? I just went 22-4 on Carnival.

hrketv.jpg
 
Guys, I've been thinking of this lately..

I think we should have assigned killstreaks. For example, I use UAV, Care Package, and Predator missile. It would be cool if we had it setup so one person had the low killstreak rewards like UAV, UAV Jammer, and Predator Missile, while someone else that racks up a lot of kills has a Harrier, Chopper, and an AC130. Or maybe we could all just assign one killstreak for each of us.
Intriguing idea. I'm all for it, 100%. As long as I can keep my 5-7-9. :p
Why do they insist on releasing the maps so late at night? If I remember rightly, the last time, they were released at 5pm, and it took me an age to even pay for them, let alone download them.

It would be better if they were released first thing in the morning, as there would be less traffic due to the younger ones being still in school, it might be busy, but you would not have to wait until late at night, or even the next day before you got the map pack. 👍
Frustrating as hell. For the second map pack, I happened to have days off, both for its XBL & PSN release dates. At least on XBL, I think it was out by noonish? PSN one made me waste my whole afternoon. Never again I'm gonna plan on playing some on the release date. 👎


Ok... I have MW2 and have just activated an XBox live gold account. When and where do you guys play??
I just got done playing on Xbox Live about couple of weeks ago. My gamertag is GE0RGE TAKEI("O" in George is actually an 'zero'), but I don't know when I'll be back on Xbox.
Some notable names on XBL are nk4e, James(G.T, whatever his gamertag is now), random1self(empty space on gtp). All good people, except James, I think he's British......
Edit:
Anyone getting on? I just went 22-4 on Carnival.

hrketv.jpg
It's great when you can get the "funny pics" in this thread, too. :lol:

I have massive headache today, so very doubtful I play at all. All you guys' fault for making me play all night, downing rockstar at like 10 in the evening! :lol:
 
Rockstar at 10PM? Sounds like a great idea. :lol: Alright, a6. 👍 Anyone else feel free to join me.
 
Last edited:
Rockstar at 10PM? Sounds like a great idea. :lol: Alright, a6. 👍 Anyone else feel free to join me.
I know, I was surprised I slept at all, last night. :lol:

My headache's almost completely gone, so you might see me on for just couple of matches before hitting the Excedrin PM!
 
I would have no problem running 3-4-5 for my kill streak setup. Prior to the recent, I was running 5-7-8 to get the extra experience sharing Emergency Airdrop gives. I have switched to 3-5-7 because I certainly know I am more annoyed by UAVs than any other killstreak and figure getting UAVs throughout a match is more beneficial to my team. With that said, 3-4-5 would actually probably be better for me at the moment because I cannot seem to get a sixth and seventh kill consistently after getting a Predator.
 
Aw man! I don't want to drop my 5-6-11/5-7-11. I'm working on 500 kills for sentry, precision airstrike, and harrier...although I took harrier off for now as I'm at 499. Less than 75 for both sentry and airstrike. I also love having the chopper gunner on, it feels so good when I can call it in. I've gotten stopped at 10 by stupid mistakes soooo many times.

My desktop decided to crap out on me today, so I'm in the process of trying to get it running again. Not sure when I'll be on, but I should be on at some point.
 
I passed 500 kills with the harrier last night. I had taken it off also but I decided I'm not going to prestige any time soon so when I got one in a care package I said to hell with it.
 
IMO,Carnival is the worst map now. Too many corners to hide in.
 
Damn you all! While you guys enjoy the map pack I have to sit back here in japan and wait till tuesday till I cab get home to my playstation...
Not that bein here is bad but I miss some things I have at home.
 
I have to say that I like this map pack more than the the last one. Even with the inclusion of the two COD4 maps, this is a great release. 👍

Vacant: I love the new look of this map! The only minor downside I found was, that it was very hard to spot those campers that hide behind the barrier in that long corridor that runs across the map from left to right, due to the different lighting used.

Strike: Again, I love this map! After playing this map to death on COD4, I could navigate all rooms sights up, and know where I was going. On this version though, with the added inclusion of so much room furniture, it is a bit of a nightmare, and I found myself stuck behind obstacles that were not present in the original version.

Trailer park: A superb small map that reminds me of scrapyard in some ways. For its size though, it seems bigger because of the many caravans you can enter. It is also a superb S&D map! 👍

Carnival: I like this map most of all as it fits my style of 'guerrilla tactics' nicely. There are plenty of tight spots and there are many good places to have fire fights. I don't think this is one for the runners and gunners, but on a tactical level, it makes you think very hard!

Fuel: This is another good map, but I feel that the design of some of the interiors is a little confusing. The glitch at the back of the map is a terrible oversight, how could they have missed that one? It has its advantages though, because you can always be assured of kills if you can get there quick enough to catch them in the act.

Objective barebones: I like this game mode a lot, because it answers the questions about player ability. I believe that killstreaks distort the gameplay in MW2, so it is nice to have a game mode that forces you to use your head a little more, and it kind of creates a spot between core and hardcore that is refreshing and different. I would like it even more if there was a hardcore version. 💡

I always use cold-blooded, and I have found that there is no use for that perk in this game mode, apart from the pro benefits. It has forced me to look again at the second tier perks, which I plan to, and I am looking forward to using a different style of game play for this mode. 👍

Frustrating as hell. For the second map pack, I happened to have days off, both for its XBL & PSN release dates.

My fears about buying and downloading the map pack were unfounded this time, and I was able to do so at my very first attempt. I think that they were released a little earlier yesterday, but a big thumbs up to Sony for a smooth transaction! 👍
 
I heard about the massive drama for trying to purchase the first map pack but I never had a problem with it and I got it during the problem time :D

By the time I get it all the traffic would have died down and even the download might be fast if I am lucky.

EDIT: Roflmao!!!

This is the 4th episode of the series, kinda language warning.
 
Last edited:
I'm already tired of the map pack playlist. It keeps giving me the same map 3-4 times straight. I did get into one decent game of HQ pro though where two of the guys on the other team were in the glitch on fuel. It was a pretty easy win since they didn't want to come out for anything. I also got to play a game on strike and vacant finally.
 
I noticed yesterday that the Resurgence playlist was giving me more FFA and TDM matches that Demolition, SND, and Dom. 👍
 
Not for me. Do they even have TDM in the playlist? lol.
 
I like the new map pack, but mainly cause it has Vacant. Carnival is cool too. I wish we got more than 24 hours of double points though. It should be a double points weekend, that'd be great. I'd move up to level 70 (prestige 1) and probably finish out the AK (again) and stop playing. I think I need a break from COD until about...November-ish :dopey:

Jerome
 
I like the new map pack, but mainly cause it has Vacant. Carnival is cool too. I wish we got more than 24 hours of double points though. It should be a double points weekend, that'd be great. I'd move up to level 70 (prestige 1) and probably finish out the AK (again) and stop playing. I think I need a break from COD until about...November-ish :dopey:

Jerome
Double points was only for a day? I'm pretty sure we had it for the week on Xbox Live.

If you play team deathmatches, add me on PSN: a6m5zero :)
 
Well, i'll just borrow my neigbour's MW2, hopefully he'll lend it to me. But I don't have any money for map packs :(. Anyone wnat to give me a nice little gift of Stimulus and Resurgence?:lol:
 
I'm really thinking of getting the new map pack, but I've already got the first.
Maybe I'll get a PSN card on the weekend.
 
I'm really thinking of getting the new map pack, but I've already got the first.
Maybe I'll get a PSN card on the weekend.
I think they are worth the cash. I liked the first, also.
 
Haha, I just took down two Harriers with one Javelin! They were both hovering around and when I shot the Javelin one hovered in underneath the other and, bam, no more Harriers for you. There should've been a challenge for that! :p
 
I don't wanna brag or nothin', but I've taken multiple launches to shoot down one air support before. No big deal......
 
So I picked up the 2nd pack today and the maps are pretty fun. Can't say it was worth the $15 as I hate half the objective game types. They take too long and most people don't even bother to try and play right, it ends up a camp fest. Have the maps from the 1st pack gone into regular rotation in the normal playlists? I don't have them but I don't remember seeing a playlist for them. I know in W@W I'd get put in games on maps I didn't have and it would just kick me out when the match started but haven't had that happen in MW2. Is it set up so as not to put you in matches on maps you don't have? If that's the case I hope they add pack 2 into regular rotation soon so I can go back to my Merc TDM matches.
 
Back