Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,530 views
Double Post! Sorry!
 
You could, like, join us.

maybe. a restart would be good for my stats. heh ... itd help if they gave a multi-system discount on dlc ;)
 
[empty space];3936048
maybe. a restart would be good for my stats. heh ... itd help if they gave a multi-system discount on dlc ;)
We do have more people playing it on PS3, which does help. But now I can sense the traffic slowing down though. It's still busy, but not as busy as it was, say a month or two ago. Maybe $50 would be too much, but if you can get, or trade for used one or something, it would be fun! :D
I'll be getting on soon.
I just got done. :crazy: I'm still sucking, but not as much as before. I had like just two epic games, and one of them, as soon as it reached 21-5 or something, somebody pulled the plug. The end. Just like when I'd be trying to get out of the slump in CoD4. Get my 🤬 kicked, over & over. I finally start going, and as soon as I call in the chopper, or right before it, the end. 👎

Anyway, I hope I can do some damage tomorrow, or over the weekend!
 
We do have more people playing it on PS3, which does help. But now I can sense the traffic slowing down though. It's still busy, but not as busy as it was, say a month or two ago. Maybe $50 would be too much, but if you can get, or trade for used one or something, it would be fun! :D

plus 30$ for both dlc :ouch:
 
I still can't figure out what my connection issue is. I can't get a stable connection to save my life. It keeps jumping between 1-3 bars and everything is jumping all over the screen even on a 3 bar. According to speed tests on both the PS3 and computer I'm still getting the same numbers I usually do. We just moved our router & modem but the only thing that changed is shorter wires now. I don't think any settings were changed. I have no idea what the problem is.
 
Cost 44.90AUD for me, the game itself was 'only' $110 for the Hardened Edition....
 
I only bought the regular version of MW2. :lol:
 
I still can't figure out what my connection issue is. I can't get a stable connection to save my life. It keeps jumping between 1-3 bars and everything is jumping all over the screen even on a 3 bar. According to speed tests on both the PS3 and computer I'm still getting the same numbers I usually do. We just moved our router & modem but the only thing that changed is shorter wires now. I don't think any settings were changed. I have no idea what the problem is.

I think it's just the game. Ever since the newest maps got put in rotation I've been having a hard time finding MTDM games, and when I do it's never as smooth as it was before I got the maps. I'm putting it down to there not being enough people with the maps to get a consistently decent connection to everyone. I wish there was a "disable DLC" option so I could test out my theory. I know the one day with Vash/BrettMoran when it was all old maps I was doing great, lately I've been rubbish when new maps are involved. So bad in fact that I couldn't even get a stupid Predator when I used to be able to get Harriers 80% of the time.
 
I had no problems right after I installed the maps. It has only been since we moved the modem that this has been happening. I did one speed test on the PS3 right after exiting the game and it said I was only getting .6 up and .2 down. I did two more speed tests right after and it went back up to 1.5 down and .5 up like normal.
 
That's odd. Hope you get it sorted out, hate to see you not on or joining the group.
 
Apparently everyone in the house is having issues with it not just me.
 
My connection's definitely has been more up & down recently. With three bars, last couple of nights, I was lag killed without fail. You get couple rounds in them first, but they drop you instantly.

Must be the lag, I know it's not me, I'm awesome!
[empty space];3936129
plus 30$ for both dlc :ouch:
Good point. :crazy:
I think it's just the game. Ever since the newest maps got put in rotation I've been having a hard time finding MTDM games, and when I do it's never as smooth as it was before I got the maps. I'm putting it down to there not being enough people with the maps to get a consistently decent connection to everyone. I wish there was a "disable DLC" option so I could test out my theory. I know the one day with Vash/BrettMoran when it was all old maps I was doing great, lately I've been rubbish when new maps are involved. So bad in fact that I couldn't even get a stupid Predator when I used to be able to get Harriers 80% of the time.
May not be the cause of TA's issue, but I think you are onto something. I've been experiencing something similar, I think even down to the Vash/Brett part.

With XBL, for CoD4, I hated the new maps so much, I deleted it off my harddrive. It seems I can still redownload it for free. Not happening anytime soon.

It's settled then. We all wait until Vash is on to play MW2 from now on. :lol:
 
So, uh... now that I've cleared level 70 and am not currently planning on prestiging again, what do I do? Try and get 500 kills with each gun or what? :lol:


Of course, if someone can convince me well enough I may actually prestige again... :dopey: I guess I could always prestige once I get 500 kills with the AK (to unlock the silver AK title).
 
Count me in, broseph! I'll be on in a bit. :)
 
So, uh... now that I've cleared level 70 and am not currently planning on prestiging again, what do I do? Try and get 500 kills with each gun or what? :lol:


Of course, if someone can convince me well enough I may actually prestige again... :dopey: I guess I could always prestige once I get 500 kills with the AK (to unlock the silver AK title).

I quit at Prestige 2 level 70. I've spent my time just going after all the challenges. Have 2500 kills with like 4 guns so far, mastered most of the ARs, completed all of the killstreak section except nukes and the call in 1000 package/airstrike/uav/chopper. I just pick a challenge and go for it and if it's taking forever I'll try something else. I actually just completed 1000 headshots with the TAR earlier, and around 50 to go on the WA2000 for 1000.
 
Thats ridiculous. Maybe I just have a hard time getting headshots but it seems like I get one headshot for every 4-5 kills and thats when I'm actually trying for headshots. :lol:
 
I'm like T_A... I have 8 headshots and 247 kills with the AK-47. :lol:
 
Thats exactly like me. I'm working on the AK right now and have almost the same amount. :lol:
 
Three nights in a row, still can't shake 🤬

There were handful of mediocre games, they were my highlights. My best game was my last game on Strike. After getting picked off by two guys camping at the corner of the map...... FOUR TIMES to start the game, I seriously wanted to back out, but I was the host. I'm glad I stayed, because I started camping in this one building for pretty much rest of the game, I finished with 13 kill streak. So glad, but so sad.

P.S. Lag continues. Except for when I was hosting.
 
I wish I could play so bad but I've pretty much given up. I had one half decent game last night on salvage with 20 kills but I had 10 deaths because I was on a 1-2 bar connection.
 
I wish I could play so bad but I've pretty much given up. I had one half decent game last night on salvage with 20 kills but I had 10 deaths because I was on a 1-2 bar connection.
This is weird, man. I'm considering taking some time off. I can always go back to Xbox for a week or two. :crazy:
 
I only have so many headshots with the TAR because it's pretty much all I use. I wouldn't be surprised if I have closer to 5000 kills with it or more. Some are dumb luck where I get shot and it causes the gun to jump up and instant HS, others are just because a head is all I see or I go for them when people are in last stand. I don't think I even have Red Tiger for more than 4 weapons.
 
I can't play Objective Barebones, because the matchmaker can't find any good (lag-less) games whatsoever - due to me being in NZ and there being a very very limited number of people in that playlist in this region (like... 400 of the 150,000 players online). fml

edit: but somehow I went 31-16 in Barebones Dom on Sub Base with the AK, while on two bars. Go figure. Speaking of the AK, I unlocked FMJ like... three matches ago, and already have 15 penetration kills with it! :lol:

edit #2: then 44-39 in Barebones Dom. on Vacant. Now my KDR is up to 0.71 :D My goal is now to get my KDR to above that of a XBL real-life mate of mine - his is 0.77 :)
 
Last edited:
I love Objective Barebones, it's amazing how much better this game is without killstreaks. If they made Objective Ground War I might just buy their overpriced map packs I strongly disagree with.
 
Yeah, in the Objective Barebones games I *can* get into, I have so much fun. Domination without air support is awesome, and I seem to be having some awesome games in the mode :D I just wish the non-objective Barebones didn't have FFA lumped in with TDM, because I don't want to play FFA. :(


uber awesome edit: mastery for the AK-47 :cool: Only took me around four hours to unlock extended mags O_o
 
Last edited:
i dont mind the occasional FFA, i just wish it was 6 vs 6 instead of 4 v 4.
 
Back