Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,580 views
LOL, I found boosters in Barebones Pro and I never even play Barebones :D
 
Legendary, are your Barebones lobbies laggy? Every damn Barebones lobby I end up in sees me on a 1 or 2 bar connection :mad:
 
Nah mate, it was a 70ping connection. The bullets werent laggy but that doesnt actually measure how much physical lag there is. I have noticed lately that ALOT more servers have had a very jittery screen which is an absolute pain in the 🤬. To answer your question again, no, if the ping counter goes above 150ping I restart it and after a few attempts if it doesnt work I give up and try something else.
 
Weird... I ended up hosting one game, and everyone (bar me, obviously) had a 1-bar connection - that would mean they were in the States/Europe, no? But I thought that was physically impossible ever since the matchmaking patch...

To test my theory if you're ever playing Barebones (Objective), Legendary, and I'm online, shoot me a PSN message and I'll try and join session - see if I still get dud ping that way :)
 
Weird... I ended up hosting one game, and everyone (bar me, obviously) had a 1-bar connection - that would mean they were in the States/Europe, no? But I thought that was physically impossible ever since the matchmaking patch...

To test my theory if you're ever playing Barebones (Objective), Legendary, and I'm online, shoot me a PSN message and I'll try and join session - see if I still get dud ping that way :)

If you were host the most likely case is that they were Kiwi or Aus but your connection isn't strong enough to host. It is not impossible to join a different regions games. As I said before, if the ping counter goes above 150ping restart the search because it searches for any game after that :)

I will be sure to send you an invite if I am in barebones though mate 👍.

EDIT: I just added you on an account I have been using a bit more often lately, the xtreme friend request is me.
 
I've hosted tons of other games in MW2 before with no problems though, everyone's had a 3- or 4- bar connection - so it cant be my Kiwi Internet :lol:
 
Out of slump, but there were games I was completely outclassed, too.

In this one lobby, I'm completely pwning, MVP, or near-MVP almost every match. Then I get separated from the #2 guy on the team. I knew this #2 guy was a big time camper? Well, as soon as we separate, he's pretty much around 30-8, every frigging match. I'm barely staying afloat. And this guy isn't even a great camper. Sitting on the crate at the corner of the room-type, but my mentally retarded teammates are eating up his bullets. I go in, flashbang, AA12, not a problem. I seriously wonder about some of the players we have in MW2, especially when they've prestiged multiple times. I expect a little more from them.

I got my k/d back up to 2.45, but it won't last long without the stable connection like I had tonight. I hope it's back to normal for now.
 
The Barebones matchmaker is officially fail, at least for me. I got dumped into a lobby where everyone was Japanese. wtf is up with that?

This is *only* happening with Barebones, too. Every other gametype is perfectly fine... now if only 402 would respond to my tweets :grumpy:
 
The Barebones matchmaker is officially fail, at least for me. I got dumped into a lobby where everyone was Japanese. wtf is up with that?
Sweet bonuses. You know what though, Japanese players are the politest players. As you may, or may not know, I am one(but heavily Americanized). When I hear them talking, they never talk smack.

With more like them, headset for a game like this would actually make some sense. But in a typical lobby, it's just people being obnoxious, in general. Making noise, teasing kids, or girls, unacceptable remarks, etc., etc.

If the players actually used the headsets for what they were intended for, they would be epic. I'm sure you guys would agree!
 
If the players actually used the headsets for what they were intended for, they would be epic. I'm sure you guys would agree!

+1. i would use mine more often if people used theirs correctly instead of just being annoying. normally i only use my headset when im gaming with people who i know use theirs.

everyone else gets muted as soon as they prove themselves annoying. which is usually right away.
 
The Barebones matchmaker is officially fail, at least for me. I got dumped into a lobby where everyone was Japanese. wtf is up with that?

This is *only* happening with Barebones, too. Every other gametype is perfectly fine... now if only 402 would respond to my tweets :grumpy:
You know what I think this is, noone in our region is playing it OR the very few people (less than 100) playing it have a full lobby, don't blame it on the matchmaker. It is just that there isn't a large enough population here to fill it all out.

Sweet bonuses. You know what though, Japanese players are the politest players. As you may, or may not know, I am one(but heavily Americanized). When I hear them talking, they never talk smack.
Oh god yes! I have been put in a couple of their lobbies and just went into shock, it is amazing how kind they are. And then I get into an American lobby....laters pigs.
 
If the players actually used the headsets for what they were intended for, they would be epic. I'm sure you guys would agree!
That's precisely why I set the voice volume in MW2 to 0 aaaaaaaaaages ago and haven't touched it since :D

You know what I think this is, noone in our region is playing it OR the very few people (less than 100) playing it have a full lobby, don't blame it on the matchmaker. It is just that there isn't a large enough population here to fill it all out.
You can get into a decent game though... why can't I get dumped into your Barebones matches? :lol:
 
Oh god yes! I have been put in a couple of their lobbies and just went into shock, it is amazing how kind they are. And then I get into an American lobby....laters pigs.
While I feel more American(my citizenship says otherwise), it is in total contrast between those two nationalities. Here, in the States, it's like the manner, behavior goes right out the window. There are plenty of well mannered Americans playing the game, but we(:p) feel like we are in the minority, because we have our mics turned off/unplugged to get away from that.
 
Now I remember why I only want to play Barebones. I prestiged last night, so I have nothing by way of guns or perks, and because I can't get into a good Barebones lobby I've had to resort to playing the "regular" (ie killstreaked) modes... and NOBODY is shooting down air support. NOBODY. Noone.

Because I'm only level 9 I don't have Cold-Blooded or Stingers, and because nobody is bothering to take down enemy air support I'm getting absolutely buttraped by Harriers and helis... as is everyone else on my team :grumpy:
 
Now I remember why I only want to play Barebones. I prestiged last night, so I have nothing by way of guns or perks, and because I can't get into a good Barebones lobby I've had to resort to playing the "regular" (ie killstreaked) modes... and NOBODY is shooting down air support. NOBODY. Noone.

Because I'm only level 9 I don't have Cold-Blooded or Stingers, and because nobody is bothering to take down enemy air support I'm getting absolutely buttraped by Harriers and helis... as is everyone else on my team :grumpy:
That is annoying, but I have no room to talk. Not one of my classes had anti-air in the slot 2. I've had AT4, but I usually used them on ground target by the time any air support went up. I've replaced them with RPG's, and I've never been able to hit any air support with it, dating back to CoD4. XD
 
As soon as I unlocked Stingers last prestige, I had a dedicated Scav/CB/Ninja + assault rifle & Stinger class all the way to the end of level 70. Boy am I missing it right now :(
 
I might be playing on this account for awhile: RodStrickalnd

When I switched to my new slim PS3, I lost my Japanese account, and this is the new one.
 
Urgh... Why do I never have a Nuke switched on when I actually get a 25 killstreak? Played a Demolition match on Afghan earlier and ended on 46-1 after winning both rounds. I could of had my second Nuke way before the first round was even over.
 
How do you guys take out the boosters?

Last night, for the first time ever, I notice this teammate dying over & over at the corner of Carnival. I try to put a stop to it, but they just see me coming over on my teammates UAV, and ambush me.

As soon as I bothered them, they started over at the opposite corner of the map. Again, I get ambushed. It's really hard to take them out, when they don't wait for you like they do in SandyRavage videos. I really hope those two kids get hit by a large truck. Just kidding, but I really mean that.
 
[empty space];3939282
thats what explosives are for?
Naw, I couldn't even get that close. By the time I got there, they'd be positioned off to the side, or like block ahead of where they were doing their deeds. I hope their GF's cheat on them and bring back STDs, I'm joking, not really.
 
How do you guys take out the boosters?

Last night, for the first time ever, I notice this teammate dying over & over at the corner of Carnival. I try to put a stop to it, but they just see me coming over on my teammates UAV, and ambush me.

As soon as I bothered them, they started over at the opposite corner of the map. Again, I get ambushed. It's really hard to take them out, when they don't wait for you like they do in SandyRavage videos. I really hope those two kids get hit by a large truck. Just kidding, but I really mean that.

Usually a nicely placed Frag or RPG will solve that issue in a hurry.
 
Usually a nicely placed Frag or RPG will solve that issue in a hurry.
Claymore or a nice aimed sniper bullets. I usually get the players to go against boosters or just leave the game.
 
Sorry for being totally clueless, but what's a booster?
 
Sorry for being totally clueless, but what's a booster?
Boosters place one another in two separate teams. They go hide in the quietest part of the map they can find, place the tactical insertion, start killing one of them over & over.

I just saw my first boosters, so I'm no expert, but I do know that many of them do this to get the nuke. Some to use it as a shortcut completing challenges.
 
People mainly boost for nukes in FFA or headshot boost for gun camo. Either way, they're retards.
 
Wow sounds like you have it much harder than me. I simply stand near the guy boosting on my team at the start of the match, follow him like a hawk and he quits.
 
I've had moderate success on my Japanese account so far(again, please add me to play: RodStrickland). My k/d started around 1.6, and steadily been rising. It was really hard until I got the SCAR, silencer, then Scavenger. When I get the AA12 & claymores, I'll be back in bidness.
Wow sounds like you have it much harder than me. I simply stand near the guy boosting on my team at the start of the match, follow him like a hawk and he quits.
It almost seem like every boosters are retards, except this pair I ran into(I'm assuming it was just pair).

They got me just twice, but both times, as soon as I got close, they stopped what they were doing, and positioned themselves to intercept me. Same way I'd have done it, if I were boosting. I hope I never run into another booster ever again. :crazy:
 
Got another Triple with my sniper. However, I did it with an Intervention and I never use that thing.
 
Starting to really hate snipers...yes it takes some skill, but when you master it they are so damn effective compared to any other gun, its like a shotgun with unlimited range. And that you can kill with a quick scope 2 feet off target doesnt really make it better.
 
Back