Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,580 views
I understand where you are coming from, I also hate when you get wiped off your feet from 2m away. It shouldn't really be possible, they aren't really shotguns though. I am a heavy sniper user and I hate the amount of hit markers they get, that it what balances them I think, the stupid hit markers.
 
:lol: I just had the most random Barebones game(s) ever.

You know how the Barebones TDM/FFA mode is 8 players max? Well, somehow this lobby was EIGHTEEN players. EIGHTEEN. Playing FFA. On Vacant.


Needless to say the RPD saved my skin from the hilarity that was a matchmaker glitch :D Utterly stupid, those glitched lobbies - there were "only" 14 players in this particular match, but on Vacant it was an absolute cluster:censored:. You'd spawn, and someone would spawn either behind you or literally right around the corner. A crapload of fun, mind you... :lol:
 
I've played FFA on COD 4 at Vacant with 16 people on PC. And that insane, so I know where you're coming from there. ;)

Back on MW2, I really do need to prestige sometime soon.... I'm level 64 and i've had it since Christmas. :lol: Really do need to play it a bit more.
 
Starting to really hate snipers...yes it takes some skill, but when you master it they are so damn effective compared to any other gun, its like a shotgun with unlimited range. And that you can kill with a quick scope 2 feet off target doesnt really make it better.
I've gotten owned by a capable sniper more than once. In CoD4, did you ever play on Bog? I love that map to death, but two good snipers + decent support makes it literally impossible to even make the match close!

Just remember they have their "off" days too, just like the rest of us. I'm pretty sure they do..... :lol:

So I've started over on RodStrickland account(not 1 invite yet!). Before I got SCAR, I decided to play around with UMP again. I've had this Derail game I was unstoppable in. I'd just hit & run around the main building while most of the other team camped inside. Occasionally, I'd go in, kill, run away. :lol: Finish "MVP"(most kills, least deaths), so I decided to go around the next game on Derail with the same setup again. I was 0-5 when I bailed. I left bawling disappointed, man!

There are definitely good & bad matches, it don't matter who you are.
 
You'd spawn, and someone would spawn either behind you or literally right around the corner. A crapload of fun, mind you... :lol:


heh. just like rust!
 
I understand where you are coming from, I also hate when you get wiped off your feet from 2m away. It shouldn't really be possible, they aren't really shotguns though. I am a heavy sniper user and I hate the amount of hit markers they get, that it what balances them I think, the stupid hit markers.

Played B:BC2 lately? Snipers almost all the time, never kill unless it's a headshot. WTF is that?
 
It's called balance. BC2's guns are pretty damn balanced, because nothing's overpowered. If the snipers were 1HKs to pretty much anywhere on the body (as opposed to now, where they're only ever 1HKs to the head - and even then, only certain snipers), then you might as well rename the game to Battlefield Bad Sniper 2 - because that's what it'll turn into. Everyone using the Recon kit with the M95 and a 12x scope...
 
I had my best game on Terminal tonight, 37-2-2. Fittingly, dropped two for the game winning kill cam. Knocked one of them down to last stand(hate them!), dropped another, came back to the last stand bastard for the win. I loved it. :D:tup:

This game has been a big ups & downs, lately. I've had nights starting out not believing that I was able to play this game at one time. You look right, you get shot from the left. When you do it right, lag renders my rifle useless. Then the second half kicks in, you point, you kill. It repeats so many times, and so easily, you are actually getting bored mowing others down.

Since I'm on my noob account, watching my k/d also go up & down has been interesting. Maybe more frustrating than interesting at times. :lol:
 
That is exactly how I'd play the game to. Back in the good old days with BF2 thats all I ever did and I was good at it to. I loved sniping from the hills on backstab into the center of town. If distance was a measure of skill I was a god.

I'm a pretty crap sniper in COD though. Even the biggest maps are barely 1/4th the size of a map in BF2. I have exactly ZERO kills with the barret since My first prestige. I have maybe 150 with the intervention, maybe 30 with the WA2000. I do have about 950 with the M21 though and thats with just having started using it this prestige. If I get in a game with low lag I can destroy with that gun.
 
I have a few thousand kills with the Barret and Intervention I believe... and probably 800+ with the WA and well over 1500 with the M21.

I've recently been working on finishing up a few guns, and I have become quite fond of the L86 with Grip and Silencer.

Also picked up the map pack, and Strike and Fuel I have to say are my favorites thus far. Carnival is just a campers delight, so many random things to sit behind and the fun house is a death trap.
 
OMG. Why do people buy the damn map packs when all they do is skip every new map that comes up?! Been playing off and on all day and the only new maps I've been on are Fuel and Vacant.
 
Hey you've only got a few hundred thousand kills I'd expect you to have more kills than me. I can't even use the M21 half the time because of lag.
 
OMG. Why do people buy the damn map packs when all they do is skip every new map that comes up?! Been playing off and on all day and the only new maps I've been on are Fuel and Vacant.
I have not seen that, but that is pretty funny. Frustrating, but funny.
 
Beat God of War 3 last week so I recently started back playing MW2. Hit level 70 and started Prestige 2. I've been doing OK despite the lack of perks and weapons. Already level 10 and my kdr actually went up by 0.1 to 0.90. :sly: Mainly been using the Intervention to try and complete the 200 One Shot One Kill Ghillie in the Mist challenge. I don't snipe that much so it's been interesting.
 
Have made some progress, played on Trailer Park many times in S&D last night...
 
Have made some progress, played on Trailer Park many times in S&D last night...

I have only played it once in S and D :( Everyone skips the maps and I havent played one in about a week...
 
Within a few hours of S&D we probably played at Trailer Park 1/3 of the time. Not the best gametype for someone who has not played the map before. :lol:
 
They need to fix One Man Army still. Far too many people just sitting in a corner with Claymores blindly launching Grenades across the map getting kills.
 
They need to fix One Man Army still. Far too many people just sitting in a corner with Claymores blindly launching Grenades across the map getting kills.

Guilty in Demolition matches. To be fair I'm only doing that because I want to reach level 70 as soon as possible and that is a really easy way for me to get kills, once I reach 70 I doubt I'll ever use OMA again.
 
I went through the phase, but since it actually hindered my k/d, it was sort of shortlived.

I started again on Terminal, but with a Scavenger and Danger Close. For whatever reason, I started struggling really bad, and the blow'em up combo seem to help just slightly.

Still, like with most anything in the game, it's a hit & miss.
 
I miss playing this game.
Are you on the road again or something? I'll send you invite from the account I've been playing on(RodStrickland).

I just get so frustrated, too competitive with this game. I think MW2 is going to be my last FPS for awhile. I might play it until GT5 is out(I just jinxed the release for us, I am so, sorry! lol), and just take a loooong break.
 
Are you on the road again or something? I'll send you invite from the account I've been playing on(RodStrickland).

I just get so frustrated, too competitive with this game. I think MW2 is going to be my last FPS for awhile. I might play it until GT5 is out(I just jinxed the release for us, I am so, sorry! lol), and just take a loooong break.

I don't get too competitive in this game anymore... there are far too many skill-less ways to get kills in it.

But do add me on your new account A6, I need a reliable partner to play with, far too many terri-bad players out there getting slotted on my teams.
 
But do add me on your new account A6, I need a reliable partner to play with,
As soon as I pull this knife out of my back:
there are far too many skill-less ways to get kills in it.
:lol:

You are totally right though. I freely admit that I lack skills, in any type of video game. I was "OK" in GT 1~3, but that was like a decade ago! My high k/d, MVP's are the proof that you can manipulate matches with tools IW give you, which lets you bypass having skills.



I'm probably still better than TA though.

:p
 
As soon as I pull this knife out of my back:

:lol:

You are totally right though. I freely admit that I lack skills, in any type of video game. I was "OK" in GT 1~3, but that was like a decade ago! My high k/d, MVP's are the proof that you can manipulate matches with tools IW give you, which lets you bypass having skills.



I'm probably still better than TA though.

:p

Well, as soon as I hit level 70 9th Prestige, and finish a few Mastery challenges, I'll probably start up a new account. I have a feeling I could get as high as 4 on my K/D given how my games go when I play conservatively.
 
Well, as soon as I hit level 70 9th Prestige, and finish a few Mastery challenges, I'll probably start up a new account. I have a feeling I could get as high as 4 on my K/D given how my games go when I play conservatively.
I found it tough. My k/d on the new account is actually lower than my main. I think it's 2.45 to 2.43. It got as high as 2.57, or something like that at one time, then one of those slump modes hit, where EVERYTHING went against me. The lowest I think was 1.7-ish.

I have a hunch that I can raise it higher, but it remains to be seen. I need my comfort weapons, perks, etc., but you on the other hand, you are good with many different weapons, so you might have no problem maintaining high k/d right off the bat!

I added you two just now. I might play little bit tonight.
 
My internet is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I will probably never play another game online ever again.
 
My internet is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I will probably never play another game online ever again.
I hate my service, too. I have Verizon/frontier DSL, and the connection, best case scenario, can be acceptable. Great once in awhile, I'll host, or I'll have true four bar connection, and I do real damage. I might be OK with FPS if I had decent interweb provider. I'm just so sick of being lag-killed nearly every match I play. :(

If your connection's like mine though, yours should be hit & miss(mostly miss, I understand). I'd love to get the [GTP] together again. Some nights, we can be sort of unstoppable. :sly:
 
We have the same thing. Its horrible.
So you are getting on, great, I'll see ya. :lol:

I might go for Comcast cable. From what I understand, they are no Fios, but they are really decent high-speed. My k/d would most likely go up to around 6, maybe 23.
 
Back