Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,637 views
We've tossed around the idea of switching to comcast but haven't yet. I don't know why.
 
We've tossed around the idea of switching to comcast but haven't yet. I don't know why.
Same here. I'm just not a fan of cable TV. If I'm going to pay premium, I should not have to watch commercials. I also tell friends & coworkers who whine about the overpaid athletes that they are the enablers! :lol: Without cable/satellite, I doubt they'll make $10 million a year!

With the lags though, combine that with History channel, Conan, I might have to bite the bullet. :crazy:
 
This is my internet. I have type 3 nat now apparently. I used to have type 2 nat with roughly twice the upload and a little more download. There is no way I can play anything on this.

891144063.png
 
I completely agree. Against noobs, it doesn't bother me much, but when I'm equally matched, lag-kill makes it nearly unplayable with this:

891189314.png


What bothers me is the fluctuation in connection. Those bars can be misleading sometimes. I think empty suffers from slow connection as well? If it were any slower than what I got, I'd stop playing, or you don't want to know what I'd do. :crazy:
 
This is my internet. I have type 3 nat now apparently. I used to have type 2 nat with roughly twice the upload and a little more download. There is no way I can play anything on this.

891144063.png

My internet is worse than that and I can play anything on it, not too greatly but its not laggy when noone is on computers.

FYI, I have 1.3 down and 0.2 up.
 
I don't understand how that is possible. Last time I was on I couldn't get anything better than a one bar. I think I read somewhere that the minimum connection you can have and be able to play is 1.6 down and .6 up. I had a bit more before and it was still lag town.
 
Locally:
891325665.png


Sydney: (to represent a typical MW2 host for me)
891326237.png


Strangely the Christchurch->Auckland ping is the same as Chch->Syd :lol:

Speed is perfectly fine, but the ping... omg. Even to a Christchurch server I get 70ms :grumpy:
 
I don't understand how that is possible. Last time I was on I couldn't get anything better than a one bar. I think I read somewhere that the minimum connection you can have and be able to play is 1.6 down and .6 up. I had a bit more before and it was still lag town.

Its possible if you can get the game finder to find one within the 150 ping, as I have said before. When they cap my internet I go down to about 7kbs download and 5kbs upload (thats not measured in the weird kbs, just the actual speeds) and I can still play cod. As long as no one else uses the computers or internet it shouldnt lag.
 
Legendary's Mr. Lag anyways. He mastered the ways of lag long time ago.

I thought I was jealous of Sharky, now I hate Vash. Son of a beach! :lol:
 
Legendary's Mr. Lag anyways. He mastered the ways of lag long time ago.

I thought I was jealous of Sharky, now I hate Vash. Son of a beach! :lol:

Ping is more important than thru put.



And Legendary, the "weird" kB/s is just the result of bytes and bits, they are actually different measurements. KB/s and kb/s are different by a factor of 8.

Yup.

And A6, don't be jealous of Sharky, his he a data cap if I recall correctly that effectively ruins it by the end of the month if he actually uses the internets.
 
Ping is more important than thru put.



And Legendary, the "weird" kB/s is just the result of bytes and bits, they are actually different measurements. KB/s and kb/s are different by a factor of 8.

Yup.

And A6, don't be jealous of Sharky, his he a data cap if I recall correctly that effectively ruins it by the end of the month if he actually uses the internets.
Tell me more, Bill Gates! How does the cap thing work, and how do you find out about mine?

Here's my ping test result:
20995519.png
 


what do i win ... erm, lose? :(

edit - ping test



my isp is centex wifi, not grande btw.
 
Tell me more, Bill Gates! How does the cap thing work, and how do you find out about mine?

Here's my ping test result:
20995519.png

US ISPs don't do it, aside from mobile broad band via Verizon, AT&T, etc. However, in Europe and such, bandwidth capping is fairly common, at least in the CommonWealth nations.
 
Yeah, I'm on a 20GB monthly data cap which means more often than not I have to find ways to "save" bandwidth after two weeks of my internet period :lol:
 
Boy, that is crap. :crazy:

I just played a few, I finally got the ColdBlooded Pro for my new account. In hindsight, all the k/d I sacrificed is not worth it. I never notice any difference between regular CB, or CB Pro.

I was having fun until my claymores became useless again. I wish IW release some rules to when claymores do work, and when they do not?

Just this afternoon, I had my newly acquired claymores watching my back, and three times, the shooter stopped right on top of my claymore, then shot me dead. I've had friends tell me it's lag, but I had four bar in a match this happened twice!

Come to think of it, the shooters are usually firing at me when the claymores are exploding. Maybe it is a lag, I think I'm alive when the claymore went off, but I'm not?

I can not wait to get rid of my Verizon internet. Inadequate for online gaming. 👎
 
Ooooo I want in on the fun lol.

Local:


To A6:


I've recently got my k/d to 2 or above, although it's only 1.33 overall because I was so bad at the start. I have a feeling I might hit 1.4 before it just doesn't go up any more and I move on to new games.
 
What the 🤬

:lol:
 
I get four green bars most games (TDM) and yet have had some terrible games.
Just this evening, I sat outside on Vacant and scoped in on the warehouse room with all the crates in it, right at the start of the match. True to form, the opposition ran in there from their spawn, and one guy crouched behind a crate and started firing out of the doorway towards the team. I scoped in on his head, as that was all anyone could see of him, and held my breath, fired......

Got a hit marker.

His team mate spotted me and shot me dead from the same room.
The killcam showed me firing, which gave away my position, and he put his crosshairs on what could only be described as the tiniest bit of my ghillie suit and let off three rounds.
How do you get a hit marker from someone's head? I am using a sniper rifle for god's sake.
Humph.

:irked:👍
 
Yeah, I've had same exact experiences as well. All you can see is his/her face, and my sights right on it! :lol:

I had tremendous help from the match making today. 3~4 bars, all noobs. Bunch of MVPs, k/d surging upwards, I felt dirty though, I had to leave. :lol:
 
To Illinois:
891891671.png


I forgot to share my predator story from yesterday(not that 13 year old girl in my PSHome story lol). On Afghan, our team's down, and while I usually try to be a team player, and hit enemy air support with my predator, I went for double kill on the ground. That way, I can get harrier + pave low for our team, yada yada yada.

Their frigging helicopter moves right in, my predator hits the heli, and I still got the double kill on the ground. I have my moments. :lol:
 
I'm still to scared to get on. I don't need to rage tonight :scared:
 
I'll be signing on here shortly for a bit before I resume my Calculus review (was in the library for the last 3 hours working on it). Mostly been playing Ground War, but I'll throw down for some TDM as well.

EDIT: Just had my best game ever, 40-0-0 in a GW TDM on Wasteland. Silenced Barrett FTW.
 
Last edited:
Ping is more important than thru put.



And Legendary, the "weird" kB/s is just the result of bytes and bits, they are actually different measurements. KB/s and kb/s are different by a factor of 8.

Yup.

And A6, don't be jealous of Sharky, his he a data cap if I recall correctly that effectively ruins it by the end of the month if he actually uses the internets.
I know what it is, I mean, I know that they are divided or multiplied by 8 but I cant remember the difference between the capital one and the lower case one.

Boy, that is crap. :crazy:
Indeed it is, not so much for me as I have an 80gig cap but it is still crap.
 
I ended up getting a decent 3 bar connection and had a few decent games. I wasn't expecting that at all. Hopefully that keeps up. I doubt it though.
 
Guys, we all know that there are certain time you can get some real killin' in. I think that time is Monday night.

I've been getting bored with the game, even with the new account, so I decided to go with a gun I usually don't care for, but not horrible like F2000, FAL(some of you love it, they are weirdos to me!).

I don't know if I ever reeled in like I have tonight. :lol: Mostly with M4 & SPAS, my k/d was way up there in some games. Last game, I nearly went perfect. In the last minute, I walked into a matyrdom for the one death. :crazy:
 
Easily one of the best guns in the game. Silenced with Holo on it is just made of epic, especially in S&D.

But then, every thing is epic now. I got a Nuke using the MG4 with Grip and Silencer and the Striker, which is made of win, fyi.
 
I like the striker a lot but currently I'm running around with a spas-12 bling with a grip and FMJ. This combo has insane range for a shotgun.
 
Back