Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 487,005 views
i almost have vector mastery, i just need another 24 kills with rapid fire :)

[edit - is my connection acting up, or, does rapid fire also decrease power and accuracy?]
 
Last edited:
Glad I could have been part of the epic beat down. I would have stuck around, but I was dead tired.

Same here. I started playing at 5PM, and had to quit at 2AM. I'm way too old to play any longer than that. I was starting to feel sick. That's not good.


Again, thanks for the invite. I interloped in one time, just to see what was going on. Looks like you had a full pack, so I left.

I did better this time around, but my connection still had the usual lag. It's really terrible. If I'm allowed one more gripe, those with mics need to communicate more where the enemy are and let us know what they see. I have to dig up my old mic and help out, if you like that sort of thing. Not everybody does. Also, some of you need to turn down the level. I had to mute you because of the noise you were making. I sucked big time (7-12) at Derail because the crunching of the snow sounded too much like the noise your mics were making, and got killed a lot because of it. I think my better performance came from my new class.

I noticed I had 166 knife kills and only needed 250 for the last prestige gold 'Blademaster' title. I figure, since I never used a class for blades, I might as well give it a try and maybe unlock that final title. Wow. I'm mean, WOW! Holy 'ocean pickles,' Batman!

I had Marathon, Lightweight and Commando. I wish I could have had Ninja, to be dead silent, but Commando was far more important when running with a blade. I had a machine pistol, a P90, for mobility and the Colt Anaconda with Tactical Knife for secondary. I even used the throwing blade for the first time, too. I sliced some mothers up! I got a lot more kills than I normal get, and that's what it's about, right? I had at least 40% more kills, but the equal amount of deaths.

Now, I thought it would take me all night, or even two, to get 250 kills. I did it in about an hour. Maybe less. I like my new class. :)
 
Getting the clutch kill of the match is always nice. But, when two people stand in a line resulting in a double kill and the kill cam showing how they neatly arranged themselves for the easy double kill, it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :p

[edit - my k/d has dropped back to .85. sometimes i wish i could reset my stats and start all over again fresh]
 
Last edited:
[empty space];3978702
Getting the clutch kill of the match is always nice. But, when two people stand in a line resulting in a double kill and the kill cam showing how they neatly arranged themselves for the easy double kill, it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :p

[edit - my k/d has dropped back to .85. sometimes i wish i could reset my stats and start all over again fresh]

Create a new account and start from the beginning. I did.
 
Anybody else having a horrible time with lag, lately? I sure am. Today is the worst it's ever been. No point in playing.

I had my son time the lag. From the time I shot a guy and the "X" appear, to the time he started to fall dead... .595 seconds was the fastest time and .712 was the slowest time. We did 13 kills and averaged up the time. It was .666 seconds!

Evil doings on MW2 online today! :nervous:

Seriously, how in the 🤬 am I supposed to 🤬 play with that 🤬 garbage!? For those 13 kills, I had to play 3, again that's THREE, games. I went 0-4 on the first, 4-17 on the second and 9-21 on the final.

Ridiculous.
 
Last edited:
They're hacking your ISP.

I checked my network and I turned all other machines 'off.' No DirecTV, no wife PC, no kid PC, no kid PS3, no kid X-Box360, no kid PSP, no kid IPad, etc. Just my PS3 and this PC. PC is off when I play the PS3. Same results.

If they can hack into my ISP, can I find out for sure and how?
 
the lag problem not so much for me, but i get alot of "couldn't migrate hosts" lately
 
If they can hack into my ISP, can I find out for sure and how?

Sarcasm.

My mic level was at 2 and I'd try to call out anything I saw, provided I could make the call out meaningful. I had no complaints from anyone else in the party regarding my mic levels...

Knifing classes are generally a trade kill for death type deal; hardly worth it in a TDM...
 
There are nights that are just impossible to play, due to connection speed. But I play most nights, and when things go bad, that's when I end up playing until I "show" the game. :dopey: I go lobby shopping like crazy, get lag killed few times, move on. When you are suffering from lag, you have to slow your game way down. Solid likes to ran, so it would be hard to put up numbers when you are lagging.

I for one, didn't complain about lagging last night. But the truth is, I was getting dropped several times in a row some games due to lag. I joked about the AA12 & Danger Close, but I really did use both of those things, heavily during the run. Like Time Attack, even with three bars, routinely I'm emptying the clip into a guy, kill cam shows me firing maybe two rounds, sometimes one. Like Magburner mentioned in here before, those bars really are deceiving. Same thing now happens to me when I'm hosting. Seems like majority of time, I am truly unstoppable when I'm hosting. Four bars, everywhere I point the gun, enemy players just dropping. Then once in awhile, I'm hosting, solid four bars, I am playing at least half-a-second behind everybody. Kill cam confirms what's going on. I am clueless as to how that's even possible. :crazy:

Anyway, enough about the lag. I've said couple of weeks ago in here, MW2 will be my last online FPS, because of the lag issues. I'm just too competitive, and can't stand that my performance is regulated by either my connection, or the other guy's connection. When that becomes a non-issue,whether it be by the games, or by the internet, I'll most likely be back. Oh, and the knifing issue, too, they really need to fix that(2 from the front, right?). :p

So, who's all playing tonight? If we can get around three, four of us tonight, it might be worth making up a team again. Continue on the kill streak. Let us know on here, maybe we can coordinate. :)

P.S. About last night again, you guys are awesome. When you try to get something like that going, you have to expect couple of no-shows, but all of you showed up, all of you stuck around(even if not for the complete 7 HOURS!), and all of you kicked 🤬. Seriously, I have never seen so much consistent lopsided butt kicking. I don't think I've never seen the other team not reach a double digit kills in a TDM. I could be wrong, but it doesn't happen a whole lot, that is for sure. We rarely lose with four of us, so I didn't think we'd have trouble with putting together a streak with a complete gtplanet team, but jesus, that was just pure madness. Thank you, once again. What a experience! :D
 
I don't think I've never seen the other team not reach a double digit kills in a TDM. I could be wrong, but it doesn't happen a whole lot, that is for sure.

It might have happened to me yesterday, but one guy could have made it to 11 or something. Me and 4 other guys got our asses whooped by 2 guys on Vacant.

Yeah, I know that's not good.
 
It might have happened to me yesterday, but one guy could have made it to 11 or something. Me and 4 other guys got our asses whooped by 2 guys on Vacant.

Yeah, I know that's not good.
As a team? Hell yeah, that ain't good! :lol:

Edit: Wait, I think you are saying that no one on your team reached the double digit in kills, individually. This lopsided win I'm talking about, their whole team, combined, could not reach 10 kills.
 
There are nights that are just impossible to play, due to connection speed. But I play most nights, and when things go bad, that's when I end up playing until I "show" the game. I go lobby shopping like crazy, get lag killed few times, move on. When you are suffering from lag, you have to slow your game way down. Solid likes to ran, so it would be hard to put up numbers when you are lagging.

I wish i could lobby shop but it takes so long to find a game ....
 
[empty space];3979065
I wish i could lobby shop but it takes so long to find a game ....
It can be trying at times, but I hate racking up deaths more than lag, so..... :D
 
Edit: Wait, I think you are saying that no one on your team reached the double digit in kills, individually. This lopsided win I'm talking about, their whole team, combined, could not reach 10 kills.

Oh wow
 
Yeah, one team had eight kills in a game . . . I was half of them. :banghead:
I don't know how many times I died in that game, but looks like I couldn't have done any worse than a tie for deaths, in the worst case scenario. :lol:

Kind of frustrating, but if it makes you feel better, I've had plenty of matches like that, where EVERYBODY from [GTP] is kicking 🤬, taking names, and I end up with a horrible game. It happens. :p
 
Anyone want to get online right now? Me and A6 are currently on, but are waiting for people to get on.

Also, last night the killstreak reward set ups we had worked great. I'm pretty sure 3 of us had the UAV/CUAV combo going on(I had that and a Harrier), and then Azure had the Chopper Gunner/AC130. It really worked great, we dominated.
 
Yeah, I went from my usual Predator-Harrier-Pave Low to UAV-Predator-Harrier, I thought it worked out great. Knocked off few kills from my total, but I think it helped us put the opposition away early.

Forza/Icarus is taking a meal break right now. I'd love to get going soon, extend that kill streak. :)
 
I had UAV, CUAV and Predator.
 
I'm not getting on again unless everyone else is on playing.
 
Well, with some help, we were able to up the streak 8 more. Then we lost. :lol: It was a close one, but I don't think any of us really played well.

Me, WeinerSchnitzel, VashTheStampede were the original members from last night. We got help from Potato Chips(still don't know your GTP name!), Giancarlo, which did help tremendously, so thank you very much guys! 👍

Vash, unfortunately :p, ventured out on his own earlier, got his win streak snapped earlier(I think he said his first game). Me & Weiner though, we were able to extend ours, and my win streak settled at a whopping 50! :eek: I think Weiner's at 60?

Seriously, nobody outside the Team GTP has win streak even close to that on my friends list. Closest I think is 37 & 38, and even those are very impressive.

Thanks again for the great run guys. :O:tup: I can't believe I got my streak up from 28 to 50! Beautiful!
Edit:
I'm not getting on again unless everyone else is on playing.
I was the same way. :lol: I'm done for the night, but if you need help tomorrow, let me know. My streak is dead, but I'd love an opportunity to be able to contribute.
 
I have a guy on my friends list who's at 159, but he clearly has no life.
 
I have a guy on my friends list who's at 159, but he clearly has no life.
You 🤬 party pooper! :lol:

If you have seen us last night, you'd agree that we'd have had a shot at that. It was like the Dream Team with Michael Jordan(the only real Dream Team there ever was) playing college, or lesser teams. Felt like we could have gone on winning forever.
 
Yeah that last game on Wasteland was heart breaking. I can't say I helped since I was under 1:1. But it's hard when someone is sniping you from across the map through the iron sights on his FAMAS.....
 
Thats when you bust out the thermal sniper and go into an over watch mode on a high traffic area.
 
I'm sorry, TA. I had taken Excedrin PM, just before you got on. :ouch:
 
Back