Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 487,005 views
Last night/this morning. I went and played another game after everyone else went to sleep.
 
nah I quit when you guys quit but I wasn't tired so I went and played something else.
 
So, when's the next GTP NA MW2 night? We have to beat that 60. :sly:
Who am I kidding.. I need a break from MW2!

But, yeah, as A6 said, last night felt like we could keep winning matches super easily. I think the success in this was our individual play styles. Me and Azure really go at it hard & aggressively while A6 and Midship just like chill and wait for the perfect opportunity. And our kill streak rewards really helped us out! Oh, and the closest person to have a win streak as huge as mine is Mr_VOLCANO which has a 48 win streak.
 
Wow guys, I would totally join you even with what would be a 1 bar connection.
 
will any of the 360 crew be online any this week? i plan on enjoying this free week before going back to work.
 
I'd hardly say I was camping in most of those games unless it was lagging.
 
Do you guys use headsets? I'm thinking about buying one (for both MW2 when IW finally fix it and being able to play my other games without making any noise in my room), and am open to suggestions as to what to get.

At the moment I'm tossing up between the following two:

Turtle Beach PX21 - $179.99; advantages - cheap(er), simple to plug in, built-in mic, compatible with both PC and PS3; disadvantages - only stereo, not surround
Tritton AX Pro - $339.99; advantages - built in mic, compatible with PC and PS3, 5.1 surround, all the top guys use 'em (Gunns from NGT etc - if you're going to do it, you might as well do it right the first time); disadvantages - that price, the amount of cabling and stuff that you have to plug in to make the thing work (I don't have much space on my desk where my PC and PS3 are, and am low on AC sockets*)

I don't think Astros are available here in NZ, so it's between TB and Tritton products. I want a pair, and I'm positive they'll improve my MW2 game dramatically (soundwhoring lol)...


* I have seven AC sockets in my room; my computer needs 2 or 3 depending on whether I plug in my external speakers or not, my PS3 uses 1, my G27 uses 1, my laptop uses 1, my lamp uses 1, my clock uses 1
 
I think you know I use the AX pros. I got mine for $160usd.
 
No, I didn't actually know that :lol: 160USD is 226NZD, we get shafted big time down here. :grumpy:

I've heard reports that Trittons are somewhat unreliable and break easily (especially the wiring) - have you experienced anything like that with yours?
 
The only issue I have is with long term gaming I will get distortion especially if there is a lot going on with air support and such. I don't use them for offline gaming either. For online gaming if you're going to only play for a few hours or you turn them off during breaks there is no issue. I'm not really sure what causes that. I've only had this problem a handful of times since I bought them maybe 5 months ago. It hasn't been bad enough for me to stop using them.
 
I'm planning on using whatever I get for a wide range of games - MW2, BC2, GT5 (when it lands) and my various PC games, both online and offline.

I guess all I really want to know is are the Pros a good headset? I don't want to spend $300+ on a pretty average bit of kit. :lol:
 
I spent 50AUD and got the Logitech clearchat comfort headset. It is comfortable, cheap and is USB so you can use it with the computer and it will never run out of battery. It also has great quality for things like music etc.
 
The sound is just about the best you're going to get on the PS3 unless you spend some crazy amount of money. They cost less than the Astros and I've seen reviews saying they're just as good if not better. They also seem really well built so unless you do something really stupid like sit on them I don't see them breaking. They do weigh a bit so you might find them uncomfortable if you have a chicken neck but again I don't have this issue.
 
So, would you recommend them over a cheaper set (eg the TB PX21s, which are a 2.0 set)? Price is a *bit* steep, but eh - you get what you pay for :)

edit: I've read that the 2010 models have extra padding in the headband for extra comfort as well as only having a single AC power adapter. You have a pre-2010 model, don't you TA?
 
Last edited:
Mine came with two head band pads and two extra ear cup pads. They're pretty comfortable. Mine also came with the flexible mic boom and the clip on the volume control dongle wire.
 
And one or two AC power adapters?

Sorry for so many questions and being somewhat off topic... :lol:
 
Wait wtf, you want a headset that has an AC Adapter? WTF....

How do you get a headset with a power adapter? And is my headset out of the question or what? Confusion....
 
I believe it only uses one outlet. I've got 5 things plugged in behind my desk. Computer, Monitor, TV, PS3, PS2 and the last should be to the headset unless I'm mistaken.
 
Oh, yeah, yours is a bit cheap for my tastes Legendary :p
 
Oh, well then, sorry mister rich :D.

I got mine on special so it was actually 80 but of course that is too cheap :lol:.
 
I think you're under the impression he only wants one for chat? I had a logitech mic that cost me like $25 and thats all it was good for.
 
Yeah, if I was just after something that could do chat I would've bought a 50 dollar USB mic :lol:
 
I don't even use the mic at least 95% of the time. From what I understand over time some of the wires can come lose and effect the chat function? I remember Gunns had that problem. I haven't had that problem though mine still works well.
 
Well I decided to take the plunge, payment should clear overnight and the 'set will get shipped tomorrow, hopefully arriving on Wednesday :D Figured I might as well buy the best headset I can, no point half-assing it. But this means I'll have to start playing MW2 again. :lol:
 
It will take some time to get used to them. They didn't feel natural when I first started using them. Now though I wouldn't play without them.
 
Yeah... I imagine the first match with them on I'll be like "holy carp this is really freaky" :lol:
 
You'll hear sounds a lot farther off so you may be taken by surprise at first not knowing how far they are coming from.
 
Wait, hang on, you plan on using it to talk AND hear audio through? People told me it wasn't possible when I wanted to do it....clever idea :D.
 
Back