Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,470 views
Match winning kill, this kid who sounds like Legendary(ie 12 year old :p) called crazyc(29 & 9 or something), he walks up behind one of the three *ahem* jerks, sticks him with a semtex, then watches him explode. :lol:

I muted the idiot clan, so I don't know what sort of feedback they gave us, or the kid, but I'm sure it was along the line of "not fair :(". They left within seconds. 👍
Cheers bro, appreciate the kindness :sly:.
 
Whos playing tonight? I'm dead tired of playing with randoms.
 
Hey all, just wondering if anybody is looking for some lighthearted fun should maybe get in touch because a few of my friends and I from time to time decide to do some private lobby fun. Most of the time we turn down the health (so as to avoid hitmarkers) and do quickscope and throwing knife only with the odd stipulation here or there.

We have also been known to do stupid stuff like riot shield only or no attachment deagle only and our most recent concoction was thermal F2000 only.

We just have a good time with it, whether there is just two of us, or a small group. If you get fed up with the game, it's cool to partake in some cheerful antics.

(Mics are not mandatory, as long as you can communicate that you understand what the next match will be)
 
I'll pass, but that would be something fun to do with people you know. I wouldn't be oppose to doing something like that with my real life friends, or you dudes from gtplanet.
Going to run around with your AT4 again A6? lol.
I gave up on AT4's man. I've switched the thumper in couple of classes, but I don't know, if I don't get the RPGs back soon, I might go crazy. :D

Edit: I'm getting lag killed, but what else is new!
 
I put the AA12 on all my classes just to try and fight the lag but even that fails most of the time. You should have seen it last night it was amazing. I was on crash in the three story building. Coming down the stairs I passed a guy who shot his rangers in the opposite corner and I still died. I even watched the kill cam and his shots were no where close.

The Thumper is ok. I use it on some SMG classes for extra range.
 
Last couple of days, they've been just shooting me around the corners. I don't know what's going on. Maybe my slow connection's at it again, but I don't know how it all works. :p
 
Thats how it always is. Happens to me all the time. That and people appearing out of no where. I can't stand this game.
 
Last couple of days, they've been just shooting me around the corners. I don't know what's going on. Maybe my slow connection's at it again, but I don't know how it all works. :p

I found a way to help combat this. Read on.

As I stated above, I started running One Man Army and Danger Close setup to unlock the challenges. I've improved my performance by a noticeble amount. Here's why and why it's related to your problem.

I have the same problem as you. Frequently, I hear somebody about to come around the corner. But, if I wait to see them to start shooting, I'm dead. The reason is the horrible lag with this game. So, I sometimes shoot before I see the person come around the corner, but it doesn't always work. Somehow, they can run straight through my bullets and kill me anyway. When I started to run my OMA and DC close, I also used SitRep which amplifies enemy foot noise. I hear them coming a mile away, if they don't have Ninja, which a lot do becaue it's the best perk in the game.

Now, with OMA and DC, I don't need to wait for them at all. I just launch a noob tube at the wall where their foot noise is coming from and it's a kill almost everytime. UAV is gold! I also check the mini map for a red dot and lauch a noob tube. I often get a kill.

Now, I know noob tubes suck big time, but it's a good way to level the playing field. If Activision didn't suck so bad, we'd have more fair games and a level playing field. But, since they don't have any interest in doing that at all, you have to do what you can.

A 'Runner' class can also work well. Just run away when you hear them coming and circle back behind them. Shoot them in the back.

From here on out, I'm only going to play as a Runner or a Noober. So, it's either Marathon+Lightweight+SitRep or One Man Army+Danger Close+SitRep.

I plan to replace SitRep with Ninja perk just as soon as I complete the final SitRep challenge.
 
Solid, I already do that. You are right, when the lag is bad, it can be pointless to fight with conventional guns. In fact, during the [GTP] N.A. winning streak run, I played many games with the Danger Close, Noob-tube/RPG set up.

Another things is the claymores. They are becoming more & more useless in this game. People just run right through it, or barely gets injured, then shoot me in the back. Danger Closer seem to help with this. I rarely have guys get by my claymores when I have DC on.

Anyway, I think we all get too competitive in this game. I should play just for fun, but I so frequently end up going "OMG! You gotta be :censored:ing :censored:ing me!". Awww, will I ever grow up!
 
I already do play this game for fun. The problem is that dying 10 times in a row and losing by 5000 points isn't very fun. I can't stand playing with randoms. Its always danger close noob tubes , commando and akimbo shotguns. I might as well just bend over and take it up the bum every night because thats what it feels like playing this game.

Oh yeah and pain killer. Its so great to have. I get robbed of so many kills because of random pain killer. I had this one guy stand still and watch me kill his buddy and let me shoot him for 2-3 seconds before he decides to drop me. What a great idea it was to put a super man perk in the game.
 
Last edited:
You think this game's frustrating? B:BC2 is the most frustrating game i've played, and doesn't give much fun in return at all. Painkiller? Please, i've shot at someone in BC2, they turn around and kill me. Commando? Please, you can miss someone completely even if they're directly in front of you. It's happened, sniper standing still, knife, it misses, guy notices me and knifes me back. Shotguns? You can bloody snipe with shotguns in BC2, seriously. Noobtubes? You can destroy a building with them. Seriously, can a greande launcher break through an entire solid wall? Doubt it. And PLEASE don't get me started on campers

I think i'll be borrowing my neighbour's MW2 again this weekend, and the next, and the next...
 
BC2 is a far far far superior game to MW2.

Dedicated servers (even on the consoles, gasp), more realistic and consistent bullet damage (only headshots are ever 1HKs, and even then only with the most powerful snipers like the GOL, M24, M95), bullet drop, more balanced guns, no noobtube/RPG whoring, the list goes on...


And you can't snipe with shotguns in BC2. The Neostead, for example, has a range of maybe 10 metres, beyond that you might as well be brandishing a water pistol.
 
And you can't snipe with shotguns in BC2. The Neostead, for example, has a range of maybe 10 metres, beyond that you might as well be brandishing a water pistol.

are you using slugs?
 
1. Put a silencer on your gun.
2. Go the opposite direction of your team and flank the opponent.
3. Stop whining.
4. ?????
5. Profit!
 
Solid, I already do that. You are right, when the lag is bad, it can be pointless to fight with conventional guns. In fact, during the [GTP] N.A. winning streak run, I played many games with the Danger Close, Noob-tube/RPG set up.

Another things is the claymores. They are becoming more & more useless in this game. People just run right through it, or barely gets injured, then shoot me in the back. Danger Closer seem to help with this. I rarely have guys get by my claymores when I have DC on.

Anyway, I think we all get too competitive in this game. I should play just for fun, but I so frequently end up going "OMG! You gotta be :censored:ing :censored:ing me!". Awww, will I ever grow up!
Yup sometimes all I can do is break out a Danger Close class or Marathon, Lightweight with Akimbo Rangers cuz conventional guns just don't work. Fire half a mag into someone and kill cam shows me not even getting off one shot. Fire two shots close range with a M1014 and still get dropped by a single Spas shot, of course kill cam shows me not firing at all. This afternoon was sweet though, actually had a three bar connection. I was killing people with 4 shots with the Tar-21. Considering how I'm almost always showing a two bar, yellow connection in every game and have to spam shots to get kills it was quite epic to say the least.

Kdr is up to 0.92 now but I'm more into unlocking titles and emblems than in studying kdr. 👍
 
[empty space];3999634
are you using slugs?
I don't have slugs unlocked yet, and I'm sure the same goes for lots of other people ;)

Anyway, I'd take having overpowered shotguns over any of the problems MW2 has.
 
BC2 is a far far far superior game to MW2.

Dedicated servers (even on the consoles, gasp), more realistic and consistent bullet damage (only headshots are ever 1HKs, and even then only with the most powerful snipers like the GOL, M24, M95), bullet drop, more balanced guns, no noobtube/RPG whoring, the list goes on...


And you can't snipe with shotguns in BC2. The Neostead, for example, has a range of maybe 10 metres, beyond that you might as well be brandishing a water pistol.

Random and sudden ping spikes almost all of the time, super noobtubes that can destroy buildings, people almost never arm M-Com stations anymore, but C4/AT Mine/M3A3 Bradley the crap out of them, or use C4/noobtube/RPG to destroy the buildings, which, while C4, RPG's and tanks won't destroy it without multiple use, will destroy the M-Com. Sniper rifles should be 1 shot kills, they're bloody sniper rifles, the M95 is something that could tear limbs off. And have you put 12G on a shotgun before? They get the range of assault rifles at least, and from what i've heard, they aren't affected by bullet drop. Vehicles explode from losing all their health, whether it be explosive caused or not, Jet skis will explode from hitting too many rocks and getting too damaged, same for patrol boats, and 4 wheelers, and Humvees. UAV's explode whenever you come off of it, even if you come off of it with the UAV right back where it was before use.

I could go all night. Battlefield was probably supposed to be a big "🤬 YOU" to MW2, but it's failed there.
 
people almost never arm M-Com stations anymore, but C4/AT Mine/M3A3 Bradley the crap out of them, or use C4/noobtube/RPG to destroy the buildings, which, while C4, RPG's and tanks won't destroy it without multiple use, will destroy the M-Com.
What's wrong with that? Destruction 2.0 is a perfectly acceptable way to destroy the M-Com.

Sniper rifles should be 1 shot kills, they're bloody sniper rifles, the M95 is something that could tear limbs off.
They're 1HKs to the head. The M95 is the Barrett from MW2, and that's only a consistent 1HK to the head in COD as well...

Vehicles explode from losing all their health
Why would they not explode? If a vehicle didn't explode from losing all its health, what would be the point of vehicle health in the first place?

UAV's explode whenever you come off of it, even if you come off of it with the UAV right back where it was before use.
That's because UAVs have a "recycle" time after each use, and making the UAV explode when you're finished with it prevents a team having the UAV in the air for the entire game - from the BF wiki:
Exiting the UAV station after having activated the UAV will destroy the it, no matter what. Even if the UAV is safely on the ground, it will self destruct upon the player leaving the station. Therefore, if a player wishes to have the UAV repaired, it must be landed next to a friendly Engineer.
That's by design.


Also, 12G slugs are affected by BC2's gravity system. The only projectiles that aren't are tracers.
 
You've got no idea what rage is till you play StarCraft 2 at the tournament level.

Once you accept that MW2 and BC2, etc, are not meant to be played at a truly competitive level, they become a lot less frustrating.
 
I'll probably sign on again tonight if anyone wants to team up. Otherwise I probably won't be on long.
 
BC2 is a far far far superior game to MW2.

Dedicated servers (even on the consoles, gasp), more realistic and consistent bullet damage (only headshots are ever 1HKs, and even then only with the most powerful snipers like the GOL, M24, M95), bullet drop, more balanced guns, no noobtube/RPG whoring, the list goes on...


And you can't snipe with shotguns in BC2. The Neostead, for example, has a range of maybe 10 metres, beyond that you might as well be brandishing a water pistol.
I can't comment on BC2, since I've never played the game. But how does that support your case about realistic damage?

That is just as unrealistic as MW2, if not even less realistic!

Edit:

If I can stay awake tonight, I'll be on. :p
 
I'm going for the AA-12 extended mags over the next few days, that thing is beast but it needs the big magazine.
 
I am on at the moment . . . waiting for a host to migrate . . .
 
You know, maybe I'll get on, too. I haven't had dinner, but all you guys are, like, operating on a Easternish times. Lame.

:p

Wiener, can you get on now, or are you already on? TA?
 
I never said anything about realistic damage, a6 ;)

And I'm a bit rusty with BC2 as I haven't played it in a while - I could've sworn only the M24, M95 and GOL were one-hit-kills to the head; as it turns out, all sniper rifles bar the semi-auto SVU and full auto VSS are one-shot kills to the head at any range... which only leaves the M24, M95, GOL, Type 88 and SV-98 so I wasn't actually that far off :p
 
I never said anything about realistic damage, a6 ;)
Sharky! Dude!:
BC2 is a far far far superior game to MW2.

Dedicated servers (even on the consoles, gasp), more realistic and consistent bullet damage (only headshots are ever 1HKs, and even then only with the most powerful snipers like the GOL, M24, M95), bullet drop, more balanced guns, no noobtube/RPG whoring, the list goes on...


And you can't snipe with shotguns in BC2. The Neostead, for example, has a range of maybe 10 metres, beyond that you might as well be brandishing a water pistol.
Edit:
I think I've changed my mind. I need a break.
Let's go break something instead! Bring the harrier with ya!
 
Compared to Modern Warfare 2! As an example, the M95 does 100-55 damage with a 2.3 headshot multiplier, meaning a headshot will kill at any range; it will 1HK to anywhere on the body at close range and 2HK anywhere at any other range.

In MW2 you can get a hitmarker at point-blank range with *any* sniper... the .50 cal in MW2 does 70 base damage in MP meaning it's not a guaranteed 1HK even at point-blank ranges, because the limb multiplier is only 1.1. M21 is 70 with only one 1.5 multi (the head),, meaning it takes two shots at a minimum to kill anywhere that isn't the head at any range. Doesn't seem as realistic as BC2 to me. :p
 
Back