Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,257 views
Congratulations, Famine! 👍 Go easy on the video games, (soon-to-be)married man. :D


( already ) married man :D
 
After three games or so, I bailed. Then jumped in again, and of course, with tens of thousands of players online on normal TDMs, they put me back in the same ............lobby. Other team recognized me. :sly: Now I'm mad at the other team, system that puts me back in the same hellhole, and myself for getting pwned repeatedly(except 1 game, I was the best player). I decide to stay in. We lost. But, :D I got to call in my first AC130, and while it was a low scoring match, I finished game best 16-1, after some crafty camping. By the time I was up on the AC130, my chopper was gunning some down simultaneously, which was cool. The other team did that to us for probably all the games before this last one. Last one, because their best player bailed before the game even ended. :D:tup:

I love the match making. So much. My K/D ratio has issues with it... I played a team deathmatch... opened with a 9 kill streak. And kept going at it fairly well till... I realized how bad my team was. They all had 1:2 ratios at best... I was the only person on my team to reach double digits...

Or the joining me into random games. On the losing side. By a factor of 3. Some of these domination games it seems like I'm the only person trying to get objectives, bothering with shooting down Harriers, and so on. Hell I joined one half way through, and by the time it was done I had the most kills on my team and the most points. And I'm not even good really.

On the plus side, my K/D is now 0.97. Steadily rising, yeah :sly:
 
Congratulations for finishing the campaign on veteran. I did it on hardened and I was always telling me : No way I won't do this on veteran. And then I went online :D

Just a question : In how many hours did you complete it ?

Apparently 17hr and a few seconds - though you have to sit through the end credits for about 5 minutes. I did collect every bit of Intel too (though I ended up using a guide for two of them) - so I replayed a couple of levels on Beginner - and I had to restart the "Loose Ends" mission near the end because I tripped a checkpoint where I'd respawn, get shot twice and die. Every time...
 
I had a good session online last night, managed to go from rank 38 to 41 pretty quickly. Also completed the Bling Pro & Stopping power challenges. Now I'm really struggling to complete the headshots challenges for the M4. My next target is 350 headshots (so an extra 100) and then there will be another challenge after that to 500 I presume. I might give up on that weapon now as it's the only gun I have used with my secondary weapon being the Stinger.

The game has also become very difficult as I'm now being placed in games with Prestige gamers (literally one shots kills and being picked off from every angle). Guess it's something I'm going to have to adapt to.
 
I went from level 53 to level 56 today. I just came off a bad S and D match. I had a 3 bar connection and I should have been going well but no. I knife some guy a whole second before he nails me and I die, I shoot another guy in the next round a second before he nails me and I die. This is in hardcore for crying out loud. Not only do I never get a good connection but when I supposedly do it is lying to me.
 
What level are you at? Because I think improved toys & perks they give you at higher ranks, they can certainly help. Also, I think(this goes for barryl as well) kill streak set up can always be tweaked. If you are not getting long enough streak, you could go for a something like 3-4-5, ending with a Predator missile.

Don't give up yet, and there will be bunch more noobs(like Famine!) who will join in late, come December, and we will feast on them! :D Just keep working at it. 👍

I think i'm 45 or 46 now. Perks are: Bling Pro, Stopping Power Pro & usually Ninja Pro. I've barely strayed from using Assault rifles so far (alternating between SCAR, FAMAS and now M16A) Streaks are: Care Package(4), Predator Missile(5) & either Harrier(7) or Pave Low(9).

My connection varies (due to whoever is host i guess) anything between 1 and 5 bars, yet it seems to make little difference to the fact that on watched killcams i'm frequently half a second delayed from what i'm seing in game. I'll come round a corner and come face to face with an enemy, start fireing only to be killed first. When the killcam's viewed, you can clearly see me creap around the corner and be in full view before i even react!. As i've said before, it's making me play much more cautiously, even to the point of proper camping. It's the only way i seem to be able to even score a low 5-5 rather than playing 'normally' where i'm getting far too many 4-12's or worse.

I originally thought that guns in MW2 didn't have anything near the stopping power of the ones (even the same guns) in CoD4. But i'm now thinking it might just be a connection/delay issue and most of my bullets are just not hitting what i'm aiming at - even when i'm showing 5 bars, which would account for my low accuracy score too :grumpy:
 
Joined Mr_Volcano last night to play a couple of rounds and then ended up in a Domination match with him, some of the T&L crew and GTP_Uk86ze. Lots of fun! Thanks for the matches guys. 👍 Even though I got owned a couple of times :sly:
 
Even when i'm showing 5 bars, which would account for my low accuracy score too :grumpy:
5 bars?!?!?! I dont even have an HD TV and I can see 4 bars there mate. Unless of course you have super internet powers that only you can get. As for the accuracy, dont worry about it. Find a gun you like and you will get so used to it that when you shoot you sub consciously shoot the right number of bullets (and hit) to kill someone. By using guns I know and I am used to my accuracy has gone waayyyy up this week. From 18.0 to 19.65.
 
I had THE LAMEST thing happen to me TWICE tonight: killed by a falling air drop. And not because I was stupid and stood too close, no no no. The first one was right when I joined a game. I had maybe 2 seconds to move but I was checking the map and boom, crate on my head. The second one was the instant I spawned, literally. It put me right on the marker near the guy who called it in. I hit square and I was right back in the "you're dead" screen. It was an absolute fluke but boy was it sad.
 
5 bars?!?!?! I dont even have an HD TV and I can see 4 bars there mate. Unless of course you have super internet powers that only you can get. As for the accuracy, dont worry about it. Find a gun you like and you will get so used to it that when you shoot you sub consciously shoot the right number of bullets (and hit) to kill someone. By using guns I know and I am used to my accuracy has gone waayyyy up this week. From 18.0 to 19.65.

4/5, it's all the same ;)
 
I haven't touched it, either. :crazy: And I agree with Sureboss & Blitz, I'm also rather up & down. Much more so than in CoD4. I've gotten that over 10 kill/death thing in bunch of games. Steamroller, MVP, etc. But some games, I'm struggling to finish with an even k/d ratio. I think team making has been laughable, too, but that is nothing new!

Oh, you know we are full of it. good advice!

Although there could be countless reasons why someone struggle on regular team deathmatches, I'd start with this: Play slow.

I don't mean just stay in a building with a LMG, go hide in the corner. But move slow, and from a cover to cover. Let them run into your sight, not the other way around. Also, look around a lot, pay attention to the whole screen for anybody, any movements.

I have more tips I'm gonna list, but you don't have to read them all. Also, keep in mind that Hardcore & Free-for-All are very different from normal TDMs, but your struggles might not have to do with any of that. I encounter so many unexplainables(not a real word) & coincedences, it's not even funny:

Most important might be just being ready for the match. Do you know your way around the map? If you don't, make sure to check out the layout in private match mode. And once you learn the maps, study how teams like to begin the match. You could score couple kills easily, and very quickly, if you know where the other team like to camp, or route they take at the beginning of the matches. Being able to predict much of their movement makes for easier TDMs.

Once you know your way around the map, get an idea of how the enemy might operate on it, you can start choosing the right gear to go in the match with. If you do well on Hardcore, but not on the regular TDMs, maybe you need more stopping power. Or maybe you need longer range, or quicker spray & pray(P90 baby!). Experiment, find what works for you. Personally, I recommend working towards a thermal scope upgrade on something like M4, ACR, SCAR. Not great for close range, but excellent from mid to long distance.

I'll make this the last one, use a cannon fodder. :D Let some sucker lead, you still move from cover to cover, when the enemy start shooting at the cannon fodder, you shoot back! :p You don't have to blatantly steal kills, but try operating behind your teammates(halfway decent one's). Operating in numbers is not a bad idea sometimes in TDMs.

Congratulations, Famine! 👍 Go easy on the video games, (soon-to-be)married man. :D

What level are you at? Because I think improved toys & perks they give you at higher ranks, they can certainly help. Also, I think(this goes for barryl as well) kill streak set up can always be tweaked. If you are not getting long enough streak, you could go for a something like 3-4-5, ending with a Predator missile.

Don't give up yet, and there will be bunch more noobs(like Famine!) who will join in late, come December, and we will feast on them! :D Just keep working at it. 👍


Thanks ! Looks like great tactics and advice, i'll definately taek a slower approach - maybe thats where im going wrong. I do tend to go looking for the enemys !!

I definately need to get some thermal scopes - on Afgan map i came accross two campers who sat where the grassy bit is all game and they took out our whole team with thermal scopes ! It was extremely frustrating !
 
I personally hate thermal scopes. I can spot enemies far better without it. Usually just use the standard iron sights.
And I mainly use the scavenger pro, cold-blooded pro and ninja pro perk. So have fun with your thermal scopes...

At the moment my kdr is getting a bit higher, but my accuracy is going down.
Probably because I shoot at anything resembling a head sticking out, and me firing through walls.
Had a cool headshot kill in scrapyard. Someone was camping high up in that hangar. I was standing on the other side of the map, next to the crane. Saw a couple of shots being fired, aimed at that location. Fired twice and hit the sniper in the head, without actually seeing him :)
 
Well, my assault class just got replaced. For now.

Assault One

FAL with Red Dot and FMJ
USP with FMJ
Frag, flashes
Bling Pro
Stopping power Pro
Commando Pro


And my new favorite, Assume

Akimbo UMPs
USP with FMJ
Frag, flashes
Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Steady Aim

This setup is insanely fun to play and I'm getting a lot of 4 and 5 kill streaks with it.
 
I personally hate thermal scopes. I can spot enemies far better without it. Usually just use the standard iron sights.
And I mainly use the scavenger pro, cold-blooded pro and ninja pro perk. So have fun with your thermal scopes...

At the moment my kdr is getting a bit higher, but my accuracy is going down.
Probably because I shoot at anything resembling a head sticking out, and me firing through walls.
Had a cool headshot kill in scrapyard. Someone was camping high up in that hangar. I was standing on the other side of the map, next to the crane. Saw a couple of shots being fired, aimed at that location. Fired twice and hit the sniper in the head, without actually seeing him :)

Ditto, thermal scopes are a pain. Just had to use one to get the SCAR-H challenge done, that was painful.

Playing with a suspected cheat didn't help. He just seemed to kill everyone by punching them. WTF?
 
I can't be bothered to use stuff I don't like to complete challenges.

Haven't heard of a cheat like that. Maybe a lag problem, or was he using a riot shield?
 
Ditto, thermal scopes are a pain. Just had to use one to get the SCAR-H challenge done, that was painful.

Playing with a suspected cheat didn't help. He just seemed to kill everyone by punching them. WTF?

You mean the knife? Melee is a one shot kill, always. Well, unless they use a Riot Shield, then they have to hit you twice with it.
 
Was just playing someone who killed a lot of enemies with a knife [CAKE]N3CRoHawl
He was also running around with a javelin, blowing everyone up if he didn't knife them.
 
Joined Mr_Volcano last night to play a couple of rounds and then ended up in a Domination match with him, some of the T&L crew and GTP_Uk86ze. Lots of fun! Thanks for the matches guys. 👍 Even though I got owned a couple of times :sly:

That was great fun;) A 12 player private GTP match is what we need:sly: See you on the battlefield.
 
Had a cool headshot kill in scrapyard. Someone was camping high up in that hangar. I was standing on the other side of the map, next to the crane. Saw a couple of shots being fired, aimed at that location. Fired twice and hit the sniper in the head, without actually seeing him :)
In HC S and D when I was around level 20 I shot through that same wall with my thermal silenced barret after seeing the enemy run back behind it and I got game winning kill. The whole other team was screaming all kinds of profanities:tup:.

Was just playing someone who killed a lot of enemies with a knife [CAKE]N3CRoHawl
He was also running around with a javelin, blowing everyone up if he didn't knife them.
I think that might be the new Javelin glitch where it blows up right when you die.
It is here, I dont know if it works but dont use it in public please.
http://www.nextgenboards.com/vb/cal...cks/50970-javelin-auto-fire-death-glitch.html

Also, going to that website shows alot of the latest glitches so you can try an avoid them if you see them.
 
I knife a lot as well... 56 Switchblade accolades so far. When I use my UMP setup, I'm hyper aggressive, which means I'll empty the clips into a few people, empty my pistol, and if some poor bloke is retreating to reload, I'll just charge him and knife him. I'll also stalk people across maps if I get behind them... literally run after them till I can get the knife kill. Doesn't show my location on radar since I don't bother with silencers too much.
 
Regarding my last post, a fix for the Javelin glitch is already in the works:

http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo

#MW2 Javelin Glitch fix currently in test. Once it's cleared, we'll be urging it through Microsoft & Sony certification as fast as possible.
 
Aww, come on. The Javelin glitch is hella fun. ;) I got four people with one Javelin missile last night.

By the way..


I was bored.
 
You mean the knife? Melee is a one shot kill, always. Well, unless they use a Riot Shield, then they have to hit you twice with it.

No, no knife. On killcam he seemed to always have a smoke/flash/stun grenade in his hand, then he just seemed to punch me to death in one blow, often from several feet away as well. Definitely no knife, didn't hear the knife sound you hear when you get killed, just a thud.
 
Aww, come on. The Javelin glitch is hella fun. ;) I got four people with one Javelin missile last night.

By the way..


I was bored.




Now I want to build a Riot Shield runner class. Does Commando extend its Melee range as well? Would work with my nasty habit of charging people like I'm on drugs.

No, no knife. On killcam he seemed to always have a smoke/flash/stun grenade in his hand, then he just seemed to punch me to death in one blow, often from several feet away as well. Definitely no knife, didn't hear the knife sound you hear when you get killed, just a thud.

Weird. Haven't seen that yet. Could have just been lag issues? Some weird things start to happen when the connection is questionable, I've found.
 
No, no knife. On killcam he seemed to always have a smoke/flash/stun grenade in his hand, then he just seemed to punch me to death in one blow, often from several feet away as well. Definitely no knife, didn't hear the knife sound you hear when you get killed, just a thud.

If you have a Care Package marker out, you can run really fast with it and "punch" people instead of the usual knifing. It's not glitch, cheat, or anything.

Now I want to build a Riot Shield runner class. Does Commando extend its Melee range as well? Would work with my nasty habit of charging people like I'm on drugs.

Yup. Commando extends melee range and Commando Pro gives you no falling damage. I just unlocked Marathon Pro which lets you climb over stuff faster than usual. Sounds like not much, but it is very helpful.
 
Max bars all around, there was only 4 of us in the F4A.

I really couldn't work out what he was doing, that was the only way he killed people, he seemed to move uber fast and ended up in all 4 games as something like 25-5.

Tsukuba - Okay, didn't know that, but he was doing it when there wasn't care packages out.
 
Grenades can kill without exploding. When you throw for example a flash grenade and hit a person standing close there's a big chance it's lethal. The player probably also has scavenger, so that he can keep doing it.

edit: didn't know that TsukubaTrueno, cool.

edit2: I hate it when your team mates keep killing you in hardcore team deathmatch
 
Last edited:
Max bars all around, there was only 4 of us in the F4A.

I really couldn't work out what he was doing, that was the only way he killed people, he seemed to move uber fast and ended up in all 4 games as something like 25-5.

Tsukuba - Okay, didn't know that, but he was doing it when there wasn't care packages out.

I meant to say he had the Care Package marker out on his hand. The red smoke grenade for the Care Package.
 
Was just playing someone who killed a lot of enemies with a knife [CAKE]N3CRoHawl
He was also running around with a javelin, blowing everyone up if he didn't knife them.

That was the match you joined in when I was playing with Joe302007 Right? That was the most annoying game I've played in a long while. Right before that match I murdered the entire team multiple times at Underpass, and even when I went 24-5 the rest of my team ended up losing the game by running right into the camping spot (4 or more players on the other team were always in the blue warehouse building in different corners), I would clear it out repeatedly but my team kept running in after they'd set up and get shot.

From,
Chris.
 
If you have a Care Package marker out, you can run really fast with it and "punch" people instead of the usual knifing. It's not glitch, cheat, or anything.



Yup. Commando extends melee range and Commando Pro gives you no falling damage. I just unlocked Marathon Pro which lets you climb over stuff faster than usual. Sounds like not much, but it is very helpful.

Oh I am quite fond of Marathon and Lightweight. Already got the 10,000 XP challenges for both. So I have at least 52 miles with Marathon...
 
Back