Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,270 views
I think that might be the new Javelin glitch where it blows up right when you die.
It is here, I dont know if it works but dont use it in public please.
http://www.nextgenboards.com/vb/cal...cks/50970-javelin-auto-fire-death-glitch.html

Also, going to that website shows alot of the latest glitches so you can try an avoid them if you see them.

I've been blown up by a guy using this glitch many times in a match. At first I though he must of fired it just before I killed him but all the kills were so consistent I figured he must of been cheating. It's nice to know they are working on a fix already.
 
I am curious to know, is anyone competing in the Gamestop 4v4 National Tournament? If so, can you send me a message. Would like to schedule a few practice scrims with my team. Some of the teams on Gamebattles don't want to do practice scrims. And I know some of you guys have already added me to your friends list.
 
Let me know when they hold the MW2 Special Olympics. I'm sure I can finish, oh........ top 10,000!
( already ) married man :D
Oopsie doodles.
I love the match making. So much. My K/D ratio has issues with it... I played a team deathmatch... opened with a 9 kill streak. And kept going at it fairly well till... I realized how bad my team was. They all had 1:2 ratios at best... I was the only person on my team to reach double digits...

Or the joining me into random games. On the losing side. By a factor of 3. Some of these domination games it seems like I'm the only person trying to get objectives, bothering with shooting down Harriers, and so on. Hell I joined one half way through, and by the time it was done I had the most kills on my team and the most points. And I'm not even good really.

On the plus side, my K/D is now 0.97. Steadily rising, yeah :sly:
I can be 'that' guy, too. Sometimes. I'd be sittin' pretty with a k/d of over 2 or 3, while the rest of my teams not even close to coming out even. That series of matches I was in though, I was top in one game, but two other games, they were different players coming out on top of the team.

Joining in middle of the match, yeah, chances are, they will put you on the team down by bunch of points. But many times, I have ended up on winning teams. I don't know how so many players leave in middle of winning games, especially toward the end, but go figure!
I think i'm 45 or 46 now. Perks are: Bling Pro, Stopping Power Pro & usually Ninja Pro. I've barely strayed from using Assault rifles so far (alternating between SCAR, FAMAS and now M16A) Streaks are: Care Package(4), Predator Missile(5) & either Harrier(7) or Pave Low(9).

My connection varies (due to whoever is host i guess) anything between 1 and 5 bars, yet it seems to make little difference to the fact that on watched killcams i'm frequently half a second delayed from what i'm seing in game. I'll come round a corner and come face to face with an enemy, start fireing only to be killed first. When the killcam's viewed, you can clearly see me creap around the corner and be in full view before i even react!. As i've said before, it's making me play much more cautiously, even to the point of proper camping. It's the only way i seem to be able to even score a low 5-5 rather than playing 'normally' where i'm getting far too many 4-12's or worse.

I originally thought that guns in MW2 didn't have anything near the stopping power of the ones (even the same guns) in CoD4. But i'm now thinking it might just be a connection/delay issue and most of my bullets are just not hitting what i'm aiming at - even when i'm showing 5 bars, which would account for my low accuracy score too :grumpy:
I'd definitely go with lower kill streak rewards. Especially Pave Low, that thing is way too high, I think. In my game, I try to set up something I can shoot for every single match. Then when I'm feeling really confident, or in last night's case, just didn't care, :D I set up something like AC130. Yeah, that was a small jackpot last night!

On the connection speed, that is frustrating. It all sounds familiar, except mine's not that consistently bad, obviously. Killcam thing, I can totally relate as well. Bullets not hitting the target when you have full five bars, I have no explanation for. It's happened to me countless times, even on CoD4. I'm not hitting what I got in my sights, so I check the connection to see if I have one, or two bars. Only to see five full green ones, which makes no sense. :confused:

Again, my advice would be to lower the killstread reward to something you can count on every match. I think they are big help for average players like us. Maybe setup the Predator as the top reward to start with? And then, when they game picks up, you can start bumping up the reward to harrier/chopper, etc.

Also keep in mind that while you are going through this torment(:D), there will be millions of noobs, rookies unfamiliar with the maps, new perks, weapons, joining in with us. You hang in there, and you'd have huge advantage over these newbies for next several months, dude!
Thanks ! Looks like great tactics and advice, i'll definately taek a slower approach - maybe thats where im going wrong. I do tend to go looking for the enemys !!

I definately need to get some thermal scopes - on Afghan map i came accross two campers who sat where the grassy bit is all game and they took out our whole team with thermal scopes ! It was extremely frustrating !
I hope it helps! And the camper on Afghan, if you play on Xbox Live, I'm pretty sure that guy's name was a6m5zeke. He likes camping, he likes Afghan, and he's definitely in love with thermal scope on that map. ;) :D

5 bars?!?!?! I dont even have an HD TV and I can see 4 bars there mate.
I don't know what you are smoking, I could swear there were five bars, too! :crazy: I can blame mine on old age.
I personally hate thermal scopes. I can spot enemies far better without it.
Probably because I shoot at anything resembling a head sticking out, and me firing through walls.
Doesn't take much to amuse me. :lol:
 
Now on Robert Bowlings twitter, if you use the glitch before they patch it you can get suspended from Xbox Live but it doesnt mention PSN.
 
My coworker says he tried it(XBL), didn't work.
 
I finally ran into one of those rocket glitchers earlier today. I knew what was up when I saw him running around with the launcher and luckily I got him a few times while he was far enough away but he got me once or twice. Thankfully I've only seen one of them so far.
 
I confirmed it myself in private match with my friend, it isnt hard but luckily it is getting patched very soon.
 
Doesn't take much to amuse me. :lol:

Still, when you equip the thermal vision you also get tunnel vision. Not so much with iron sights.
And if it is a head, and the enemy is using cold-blooded perk, I wouldn't even see it. Better use some bullets, than be dead.
 
No, no knife. On killcam he seemed to always have a smoke/flash/stun grenade in his hand, then he just seemed to punch me to death in one blow, often from several feet away as well. Definitely no knife, didn't hear the knife sound you hear when you get killed, just a thud.

After reading this I tried it in free for all. With maraton, lightweight and commando perks it was really fun and amazing fast! Did 30-10 on terminal with 3 min left:) Only 2-3 UMP kills.
 
After reading this I tried it in free for all. With maraton, lightweight and commando perks it was really fun and amazing fast! Did 30-10 on terminal with 3 min left:) Only 2-3 UMP kills.

Going to give this A try tonight aswell. if we all meet up again we could try a private match just with that class.
 
Gave that a try, but quickly went to 1 kill, 5 deaths.
 
Still, when you equip the thermal vision you also get tunnel vision. Not so much with iron sights.
And if it is a head, and the enemy is using cold-blooded perk, I wouldn't even see it. Better use some bullets, than be dead.
Yeah, I've mentioned it before, but they do have a pretty strong magnification, which will actually help you in mid to long range, but not in close range firefights.

On enemies with coldblooded perks, I can actually see them clearer with thermal on maps like, I forget the name, but especially the overpass(?). Other maps as well, but again, it is better from longer distance.

On using bullets, or way I put your quotes together, that was just a silly joke. I didn't mean anything by them, and I think we all do same thing, I know I do.
 
After reading this I tried it in free for all. With maraton, lightweight and commando perks it was really fun and amazing fast! Did 30-10 on terminal with 3 min left:) Only 2-3 UMP kills.

Going to give this A try tonight aswell. if we all meet up again we could try a private match just with that class.

Gave that a try, but quickly went to 1 kill, 5 deaths.

Sorry for being a bit slow... or maybe I just missed the right post... but what class are we talking about here?? Or what else comprises this class besides the perks that were named... ? Just curious :)
 
You just use your care package to knife with ;)

AAAAAHHHHHH..... ok I see.. I did notice you run quite fast when youre carrying the care package marker... Cool, I'll see how that works out... :D Learned something new again... 👍
 
Damn! This game is sucking the life out of me like that brain-eating bug from Starship Troopers! :lol:

I've managed to prise myself away from the PS3 long enough to come here and relay a few encounters and observations I have experienced in the last few days.

I'm finally a 2:1 killer! I have been slowly climbing up towards 2, and I crossed the threshold the day before yesterday. It is a little harder to rise above 2 though as I now have to kill at a ratio of 3:1! :crazy: Still, I'm 2.02, with ~21.30% accuracy, and both are climbing nicely.

The Navy Seals seem to have an unfair advantage on 'Sub Base'. I don't know if you have noticed, I certainly have! At medium to long range, the blend rather nicely into the background. Conversely, the Spetznaz stick out like sore thumbs!

If anyone is looking at getting Cold-Blooded Pro, there is a very easy and quick way to get it - shoot down the UAV! Arm yourself with a stinger, and you can shoot down two per life if you spot them. It won't take you too long to get Pro. ;)

In Hardcore, my accuracy goes down, but in core, it goes up. I assume that this is due to the increased (or decreased) bullet damage, which ever way you want to look at it. I think that IW need to look into this as I think the system unfairly penalizes those who are prudent with their lead.

I only use burst-fire or single fire weapons, but in Hardcore, I'm finding that after the first bullet kills, particularly with the Famas, the other two miss. This is giving me a 33% hit accuracy, and in turn my accuracy is taking a big hit. I believe that all three bullets should register as hits even in Hardcore.

I went 41-4 last night in a game on domination at Quarry. It is by far my highest kill count (though not my highest ratio). It might also surprise you to know that I only actually shot 4 people. Yes, only 4 people! The round started pretty badly for me, as I went 0-4 within the first minute or so. I decided to stick with it as I was with my clan, and I finally managed to even the tally at 4-4.

Then out of the blue, a claymore I had planted near C, registered the 5th kill, and then I got the Predator missile. That killed two guys, which brought up the Harrier Strike. The airstrike killed a further two guys, and the harrier killed another two, bringing the tally to 11. Then I got the chopper gunner, and that delivered me 30 kills! I finished the game 41-4 having only fired less than half a magizine of bullets!

Damn, your sensitivity is low, really low. However, your stats are quite high.

Yes, it is low, but see this:

When the sensitivity is up high, the speed aiming down the sights/scope isn't any faster, only the hip aiming is

I always move around 'sights up', so my actual sensitivityt doesn't need to be high.
 
I had my best game yesterday of 42-11 at Sub Pen, I hopped on with a friend (who was on the other team) and I got 2 Chopper Gunners in one game, needless to say, the other team left :p

From,
Chris.
 
Damn! This game is sucking the life out of me like that brain-eating bug from Starship Troopers! :lol:

I've managed to prise myself away from the PS3 long enough to come here and relay a few encounters and observations I have experienced in the last few days.

I'm finally a 2:1 killer! I have been slowly climbing up towards 2, and I crossed the threshold the day before yesterday. It is a little harder to rise above 2 though as I now have to kill at a ratio of 3:1! :crazy: Still, I'm 2.02, with ~21.30% accuracy, and both are climbing nicely.

Mw2 is sucking the life out of me to :lol:

Stats is fun to compare with friends, but IMO I think k/d ratio dont matter that much, its much more important to be a teamplayer and take risk for your team, but then you will die more and most players think only for them self. I have 1.60 I think. I have some on my friends list who have over 2.0 ratio, but they are not better then me(except one who is prestige 4 already :crazy:), they just stay more in the background and are more carefull (wont name names)
 
You were playing very good WallRunner.
You have a very different playing style compared to me.
I use more hiding and flanking, while you almost run through the map shooting everyone that crosses your path :)
 
I'm fully rating the use of Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro and Commando Pro.
 
TT - that riot shield clip was hilarious. Gotta try that some time.

What was your third perk?
 
TT - that riot shield clip was hilarious. Gotta try that some time.

What was your third perk?

Looks like Commando Pro. Which would make sense to extend his shield bashing range.

For those complaining about burst weapons in HC reducing accuracy, may I suggest the FAL? Single shot should kill and I find it pretty accurate from any distance.
 
So... Commando Pro, Lightweight Pro and Marathon Pro?
 
So... Commando Pro, Lightweight Pro and Marathon Pro?

Yeah. Although bashing someone twice with a riot shield is a real ball ache, I find keep pushing forward with one until the enemy is within striking distance then quickly switching to your secondary weapon and knifing them. Or wait for them to reload after they've been trying to shoot you for a while and charge at them, knifing them.




...or, just ditch the riot shield and run erratically stabbing people. Personally I find this option to be the best.
 
I just tried the riot shield approach with Commando, Lightweight and Marathon (all non-pro). Got 3 kills. :D

edit: Just went 15-3-19 in HQ Pro. On one bar connection(!). Unlocked woodland SCAR, HB sensor for SCAR and holo sight for SCAR all in the one match :) fwiw, I was relying solely on Bling SCAR (RDS + silencer) with Stopping Power and Scrambler :)
 
Last edited:
ROFL I just had my best game(s) ever in ground war.
The guy with 1 kill 23 deaths, got me once, when I was about to have my third chopper gunner. :lol: I got the same score on the next game, no pictures but I swear I'm not lying. My K/D ratio upped by 0.03 after this game which is a lot when you have 8000 kills.
 

Attachments

  • DSC06693.jpg
    DSC06693.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 31
Huge AUG fan over here, just thought I would put that out there.
 
Some of you guys are having some monster games! 👍
Huge AUG fan over here, just thought I would put that out there.
Zrow was preaching that, I think Azuremen also used it? I haven't used it in awhile, but I really liked it as well. I just wish it had little bit more ammo capacity!
 
Some of you guys are having some monster games! 👍

Zrow was preaching that, I think Azuremen also used it? I haven't used it in awhile, but I really liked it as well. I just wish it had little bit more ammo capacity!

I view the AUG as more of a big Assault Rifle than a LMG. In that sense, the capacity is quite good, and my Stealth setup continues to use one with a Silencer and Grip. Fairly accurate in short bursts, and find I can take out targets from a pretty good distance despite the iron sights. Or just rip it open at closer range.
 
Back