Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,324 views
You were playing very good WallRunner.
You have a very different playing style compared to me.
I use more hiding and flanking, while you almost run through the map shooting everyone that crosses your path :)

I wasn't really doing as good as I usually do in those matches today, but my Cold-Blooded/Ninja Perks let me get through the enemy lines quickly and I often find myself surrounded, I then take pleasure in killing the entire team because they still haven't noticed me :p

DinSokk was insane though, I think he must've had Lightweight+Marathon/etc because I kept getting knifed out of nowhere :p

From,
Chris.
 
I view the AUG as more of a big Assault Rifle than a LMG. In that sense, the capacity is quite good, and my Stealth setup continues to use one with a Silencer and Grip. Fairly accurate in short bursts, and find I can take out targets from a pretty good distance despite the iron sights. Or just rip it open at closer range.

It really does act like an assault rifle, and the capacity is quite adequate. Am I OK with 'adequate', hell no! But seriously, you are quite right & I do agree. It's just that I moved straight up from RPD, you know, the gun you'll die before you run out of ammo, so..... :lol:
 
The other LMGs I find get too unruly in full auto. With the Grip on the AUG, I can place the shots pretty well in full auto when in a room, etc.

And for knifing, as soon as I get the tactical knife unlocked for my USP, gonna make a Riot shield, USP + Tact Knife with Marathon, Lightweight and Commando. The Riot shield will mostly to protect my back while I knife people in groups. I find I tend to get a lot more kill streaks when I play hyper aggressively, like my Akimbo UMP runner.

BTW, how much doe extended mags increase the capacity?
 
Good question. Only extended mag I've unlocked so far is for my pimpin' 2000, and I never use that attachment. :lol:

On LMG, I unlocked M240, so I thought I'd at least get a grip or red dot for it....... I don't know if I can. That is by far the worst weapon I've encountered. :(
 
Doubles capacity afaik.

Time to start killing people with FMJ and a UMP...

Though I'd lose my Marathon Pro to get the bling to run Akimbo Extended Mag UMPs. But man, would be deadly when I'd find groups
 
You'd need Scavenger, with Akimbo extended UMPs you'll run out of lead in a nanosecond :lol:
 
You'd need Scavenger, with Akimbo extended UMPs you'll run out of lead in a nanosecond :lol:

Considering I've been using akimbo UMPs without extended mags, I think I'll manage. Works quite well even.
 
Okay, what's the damn trick to actually join a friend on this? We're both in lobbys by ourselves and neither of us can join the other. Sometimes when "join session" is an option on his name (during a game) I can join, but that's pretty much it...
 
Played Spec Ops with a buddy for the first time earlier, tremendous fun.

Especially when you nick all the good weapons from under your mate's nose :lol:
 
Everyone is having monster games here... :lol: I guess I need to drink more coffee or something so Im more alert... best ive done til now is a 29-3 game in Ground War.... pretty measly compared to the 40-60+ kills I see here...
 
Okay, what's the damn trick to actually join a friend on this? We're both in lobbys by ourselves and neither of us can join the other. Sometimes when "join session" is an option on his name (during a game) I can join, but that's pretty much it...

This was a nightmare for us last night.
There were about 8 of us in the lobby and then we would join a game and 2 or 3 would dissapear into some other game.
 
I had only one good game tonight out of around 15, every other match was HORRIBLE, went down to 1.28 K.D!!!!!

The good game went 45 - 7 -19 with the help of an AC130 which picked up around 10 kills. In the end the killstreak was 20 and set my record.
 
I wasn't really doing as good as I usually do in those matches today, but my Cold-Blooded/Ninja Perks let me get through the enemy lines quickly and I often find myself surrounded, I then take pleasure in killing the entire team because they still haven't noticed me :p

DinSokk was insane though, I think he must've had Lightweight+Marathon/etc because I kept getting knifed out of nowhere :p

From,
Chris.

Yes I used lightweight, maraton and commando for some matches yesterday;) Fun combo! We should organize a private match for GTP
 
Hey Eric sorry I bailed man. I had to go back to TDM, I'm awful at those no-respawn types.

I'm getting closer to finishing off the TAR challenges. This will probably be the 3rd and last primary I complete before I prestige, joining the SCAR and ACR. After that I'll just mess around with secondaries while finishing off some of the perks. I want to get as many easy titles and emblems as I can before starting over.
 
I've got a couple more observations to pass on:

* If you like to use the predator missile, try to aim it to land inside the doorway of buildings. I was on Afgan last night, and in the bunker between A and B, I spotted three rats scurrying in to hide. It took a lot of skill, and a little luck, but I managed to get the missile to fly in through the door, and killed all three inside!

* I'm beginning to believe that the most important stat on for each weapon is the accuracy stat. Yes, even more so than damage. I will tell you why.

On COD4, I always used an M16, it was a very accurate and very powerful weapon. In MW2, it is still powerful, but its accuracy, compared to other guns like the ACR, Famas, AUG Bling, and the MG4 bling is very poor.

BTW, the MG4 is the only gun in the game with perfect accuracy. Others come close, but only the MG4 (with a grip), is the only gun that gets full marks.

At medium to long range, the bullet grouping on the M16 is all over the place, and your lucky if all three rounds hit the mark. Compare that with the Famas, and you will see that all three rounds are guaranteed to hit the mark, but they do significantly less damage. But, because the grouping is a lot tighter on the Famas, you are almost twice as likely, if not more, to hit and kill your target.

If further proof is needed, I can tell you that I have the Fall skin for the Famas, with over 310 headshots, whilst I'm struggling to get even the urban skin for the M16.

* The Cold-Blooded perk has a few caveats. For one, you are not 'invisible' to thermal, as IW suggest when the game is loading. You merely don't show up as a shining white target, you can still be seen though. Several times I have been picked off by a guy using a thermal sight, only to see on kill-cam that I was there plain-as-day for him to shoot at!

Also with air support, you can be indirectly killed. I'm most often killed by the predator missile, but I have also been killed by the AC130, and last night, by a chopper who was shooting at a guy that ran past me!

Another little annoyance is the fact that when you use the perk, you don't show up on your own air support laptop. Its not so bad with things like the airstrike, but when you buzzing overhead as a chopper gunner, or in an AC130, it impossible to spot yourself whilst you are blasting away at the little rats running off into cover. On a couple of occasions I have inadvertently killed myself... Yes, I know, an epic fail! :dunce:

Mw2 is sucking the life out of me to :lol:

Stats is fun to compare with friends, but IMO I think k/d ratio dont matter that much, its much more important to be a teamplayer and take risk for your team, but then you will die more and most players think only for them self.

Forget being a team player! Unless I'm playing with my clan, I'm a lone wolf! Too many times I've put my ass on the line for the team only to find that instead of them rising to the occasion, they shirk away and skulk in corners.

I have some on my friends list who have over 2.0 ratio, but they are not better then me(except one who is prestige 4 already :crazy:), they just stay more in the background and are more carefull (wont name names)

Surely the weapon you are using decides where you place yourself in the battle? A sniper would be no use up front, likewise, an MP5k would be pointless at the rear. I use the Famas, so that places me behind the main assault force. Couple that with a ghost setup, and I'm not supposed to be in the thick of it.

Personally, I attack at medium to long range, that is why I use assault rifles, I don't fare so well up close. In my defense, I will say that I am 37 years old, and the once spritely reactions I had in youth are slowly eroding. I survive and do so well in MW2, solely because of the the stupidity of youth! :lol:

For those complaining about burst weapons in HC reducing accuracy, may I suggest the FAL? Single shot should kill and I find it pretty accurate from any distance.

If you re-read my original post, you will see that I mentioned the FAL (ie single fire).

I do use the FAL, I am 8/10 with that weapon but it has issues. It is very accurate, but with a silencer the damage and range reduces significantly, and at medium to long range, it can take several shots to drop a tango. Depending on the map and the circumstance, that can be the difference between life and death! Likewise, your accuracy will take a hit, as it is very hard to track a target that is avoiding being hit for the second time.

One last thing. IW and Sony need to look at the invites option, its a proper ball ache trying to connect to your friend. Why do I have to actually open the PM and select join? Why is there no option in the quick command menu (ie when you triangle the message) for me to do that?
 
Last edited:
magburner: What I forgot to say was that it depend on game mode, I play useally headquarter with my norwegian/swedish clan and k/d ratio dont matter there, what matter is who capture the hq.of course td is totally different. One thing I like about mw2 is that you get rewarded for taking care of objective unlike cod4, I often have 1000 more points then 2. on list but less kills:)
 
Just wanted to say that Cody (Azuremen), Icarus79 (PSN: ForzaTifosi79), and SweetshopUnion just had an amazing run tonight in Ground War. Nearly every match was dominated by GTP tags. Started around 11pm central time, and I just bailed now at 5am...Cody and Sweet are still at it as far as I know. :lol:

This game definitely causes some bad habits. I did the same thing wednesday, actually.
 
Just wanted to say that Cody (Azuremen), Icarus79 (PSN: ForzaTifosi79), and SweetshopUnion just had an amazing run tonight in Ground War. Nearly every match was dominated by GTP tags. Started around 11pm central time, and I just bailed now at 5am...Cody and Sweet are still at it as far as I know. :lol:

This game definitely causes some bad habits. I did the same thing wednesday, actually.

I've just stopped playing, got some work to do. We had some awesome games though :lol:👍
 
Just wanted to say that Cody (Azuremen), Icarus79 (PSN: ForzaTifosi79), and SweetshopUnion just had an amazing run tonight in Ground War. Nearly every match was dominated by GTP tags. Started around 11pm central time, and I just bailed now at 5am...Cody and Sweet are still at it as far as I know. :lol:

This game definitely causes some bad habits. I did the same thing wednesday, actually.

Tell me about it... so many bad habits right now :lol:

I've just stopped playing, got some work to do. We had some awesome games though :lol:👍

I need to sleep, so I had to quit as well. But we do make an effective team, with are various playing styles.

Still can't believe I had to 5 kill streaks using only a Knife... and charging straight into the enemy.

Eric, how much faster am I than you when I am in my Care Package knifing mode? Recall you telling me to slow down over the mic :lol:

Also got my Marathon Challenge for running 104 miles with Marathon perk.
 
Still can't believe I had to 5 kill streaks using only a Knife... and charging straight into the enemy.

I think knifing people is by far the best tactic for this game, I've just played a domination game and I got a 29-15, only 4 of those were gun kills. I always finish up with a positive K/D when I'm running around like a madman with a knife.

EDIT: OMFG! Care Package Knifing is amazing!
EDIT 2: Played Domination on Terminal got 58-16 just off knifing and my killstreak awards. Called in two Pavelows.
 
Last edited:
With out trying to sound too cocky, I have been dominating tonight, I have been playing team death match and have been getting chopper gunners every match but two, averaging around 30-5 per game. My KD has gone up from 1.52 to 1.61, thats not an easy jump given I have around 3000 kills. I can see my KD going well into the 2.0 if i carry on like this.

Inevitably I will have a few bad days and it will stop rising and probably fall, but at least my new streak can't drop (27) :)

It's great when things are going your way.
 
I am not sure if I made the right decision today. I had alot of AC-130's yesterday and I heard you guys thought chopper gunner was better but I disagree. I changed to chopper gunner after using a new killstreak unlock. I got one kill with it before it was taken down in the first 15 or so seconds. The AC-130 doesnt get taken down because of the flares (mine hasnt yet anyway, I know it is possible) which is a good thing, does chopper gunner have a missile evasion system or not?
 
I am not sure if I made the right decision today. I had alot of AC-130's yesterday and I heard you guys thought chopper gunner was better but I disagree. I changed to chopper gunner after using a new killstreak unlock. I got one kill with it before it was taken down in the first 15 or so seconds. The AC-130 doesnt get taken down because of the flares (mine hasnt yet anyway, I know it is possible) which is a good thing, does chopper gunner have a missile evasion system or not?

They chopper gunner generally pops two flares. Its very unusal to be shot down after just one kill.

For my two cents on the matter, The AC130 owns when it comes to open maps like waste land, where there is very little space to hide. The chopper gunner is much better at killing people indoors though.

I prefare the chopper gunner because its more fun and the AC130 annoys me when everyone is hiding indoors so you cant get them. Both can rack up huge scores though. Both are exceptionally cool too.
 
Hey Eric sorry I bailed man. I had to go back to TDM, I'm awful at those no-respawn types.

I'm getting closer to finishing off the TAR challenges. This will probably be the 3rd and last primary I complete before I prestige, joining the SCAR and ACR. After that I'll just mess around with secondaries while finishing off some of the perks. I want to get as many easy titles and emblems as I can before starting over.

IIRC, you don't lose the titles and emblems when you prestige, however when you prestige you earn the ability to unlock some that you wouldn't have unlocked otherwise.

From,
Chris.
 
Finally finally finally finally I can join green bar servers, yay for update 1.05!!!!!!! It fixes some matchmaking issues if not all of them.
It does this by eliminating ping numbers, it starts off searching for less than 50 ping, then 60, then 70, 80, 90, 100 etc. It pretty much always finishes at a max of 100 but sometimes you get 70 ping servers. All of my games since this update have had good connection and I am happy about that.
 
Sweet. So you get 4/5 bars now Legend? What were you getting before?

edit: I'm getting 3 bars now. Much much much more playable. Was 6-1-7 in a TDM before the host migration exploded. lol
 
Last edited:

IIRC, you don't lose the titles and emblems when you prestige, however when you prestige you earn the ability to unlock some that you wouldn't have unlocked otherwise.

From,
Chris.

Yea that's how it works. I want to get most of them eventually, but I'll probably only prestige once. The more I have done now the less I have to do later. Plus it helps me level up. I might have to do a test and see if it's better to complete a gun or partially do 3 or 4. Right now I'm doing FMJ for the TAR...man I hate FMJ. It's right above the grenade launcher in my hate list, and that's only 2nd because I can't aim it for crap.
 
Sweet. So you get 4/5 bars now Legend? What were you getting before?

edit: I'm getting 3 bars now. Much much much more playable. Was 6-1-7 in a TDM before the host migration exploded. lol

I am now getting 3 or 4 bars every match as opposed to the very common 1 or 2 bars. I have also got chopper gunner for all my matches tonight which is crazy. I have a new kill streak of 27.

The match was on highrise demolition and I got 14 kills with the chopper gunner. End result was 27-3.

Just then I got 23 - 3 also with chopper gunner on TDM Derail.
 
Back