Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,301 views
I just had a 35-1 in TDM at waste land, raising my killstreak to 33. The game ended while I was still on my streak unfortunately, my KD only went up 0.01 though.
 
Streaks carry over to new games. Obviously not the kill streak rewards though. At least that's how it worked in COD4
 
Indeed they didn't in CoD4.

I've managed to get through 20 of the Spec Ops missions in Veteran on my own. High Explosive will be a bastard though, and I need a hand with the two 2-player ones. 60/69 :D
 
Agh. Undesired side effect of the matchmaker patch... it often takes ages to find a game. :lol:

edit: have had a good morning so far, unlocked akimbo and RDS on the P90, am within 13 kills of unlocking ACOG for the SCAR + almost completed Pro III for Bling and Hardline, and had my first ever match-winning kill :)
 
Last edited:
Agh. Undesired side effect of the matchmaker patch... it often takes ages to find a game. :lol:
I do not care how long it takes, I am glad it works. If they can make it faster that would be great but I am cool with it right now.
 
Agh. Undesired side effect of the matchmaker patch... it often takes ages to find a game. :lol:

Really...? I've found it's been faster finding games that before the patch.

On another note, I've been so ditracted with knifing people all the time I almost forgot how good it is to actually use a gun in this game, not to mention all the extra points from completing challenges.
 
I hate the matchmaking. It always seems to drop me in almost finished games now.
To the point where it joins a room, loads the map, and shows the final standing before going to the lobby again.

An option to NOT join already started games would be good in my opinion.
 
Really...? I've found it's been faster finding games that before the patch.
Pre-patch, I'd be in a game within 15 seconds. Now, that ranges from 30 seconds to three minutes - the problem being that the matchmaker always starts searching for games from < 50ms ping; the only games I can join where I have decent ping is < 120. It would be a lot quicker if it "remembered" your ping and started searching for games around that value each time.
 

IIRC, you don't lose the titles and emblems when you prestige, however when you prestige you earn the ability to unlock some that you wouldn't have unlocked otherwise.

From,
Chris.
Is that pain killer/pill thing one of them? Do you guys know of anymore?
 
Is that pain killer/pill thing one of them? Do you guys know of anymore?

Painkiller is one of the deathstreaks, after you die 3 times you get juggernaut for about 10 seconds.

Oh, and TACTICAL NUKE FTW! I finally accomplished my goal of Nuking someone else before I got nuked myself, just went 36-2 in TDM at Afghan with the 7-11-25 setup, my new killstreak is 29 :D

First I creeped around the map till I found all of the enemy team outside the bunker (where the TF141 Spawn is), I slowly and silently picked them off with the ACR and then a Tar-21 I picked up.

I got the harrier which killed 1 player with the airstrike then entire enemy team spawned on the cliff as they got gunned down. (People getting double owned by a Chopper and a Harrier? Priceless.)

The chopper gunner was murder aswell since I simultaneously had a Harrier in the air, then I got the nuke and set it off after I finished the chopper gunner, the ensuing chaos was awesome though, as 3 guys ran right by me towards the end and I killed all but one :p

Really glad I completed my personal goal of not getting nuked before I get a nuke (and now it's "not getting nuked at all"), very fun game :D

From,
Chris.
 
I've noticed the 1.05 patch did not fix the Javelin glitch :indiff:

Also, getting extended mags with an SMG is insanely hard I am finding. I just want my UMP mastery Title, damnit.
 
I've noticed the 1.05 patch did not fix the Javelin glitch :indiff:
As I just found out the hard way (it's coming in 1.06,according to reports).

Stupid noob used it against me in a TDM @ Terminal. :/


edit: oh my god I had the most retarded team in demolition. I was the bomb carrier, but NOBODY on my team was even trying to escort me to a bomb site. They were all running around playing their own game, which meant I had to try and fight to the bomb sites myself. Which never works.

God some players are dumb.
 
Last edited:
I've noticed the 1.05 patch did not fix the Javelin glitch :indiff:

Also, getting extended mags with an SMG is insanely hard I am finding. I just want my UMP mastery Title, damnit.

I got killed 9 times by this last night at Terminal and when I tried it couldn't kill a fly.
 
I've noticed the 1.05 patch did not fix the Javelin glitch :indiff:

I thought it did, must of been me doing it wrong. I've only just reached level 50 so I sort of want to try it out before they patch it, just for the lulz.
 
I was in a game yesterday evening where someone was using it. Caught me by surprise the first time, but the second time I managed to shoot him in the head just out of reach of his javelin :)
 
Haha! The javelin glitch it so funny, you kill people really far away.

I find it really funny when someone on the oppostie team trys to run from you because they know they will get killed then their team mate comes and kills me at close range, thus killing both of them.

Anyway I'm not going to use it anymore, it's really unfair.
 
Haha! The javelin glitch it so funny, you kill people really far away.

I find it really funny when someone on the oppostie team trys to run from you because they know they will get killed then their team mate comes and kills me at close range, thus killing both of them.

Anyway I'm not going to use it anymore, it's really unfair.

All is fair in love and war:)
 
I wouldn't say it's unfair, rather it tells you who sucks and has to resort to exploiting a glitch to score kills...
 
Well two people in demolition were using on the other team and I had had it, my team kept killing them right next to me. I then took out my javelin throwing knife combo and away I went, got 4 multi kills, several triple kills and countless double kills. I just run to an enemy, stand in front of them and watch the bullets hit me. I ended up 57-5-57 at the end, epic. I only use it when the other team uses it, it pays them back. My K.D just drops a bit.
 
Had a decent game in demolition, first game with ACOG SCAR. 11-3-25, including a Martyrdom kill :D


9.9k exp from the single match :)
 
Wait a sec, thats decent? You got tonnes of deaths though?!??! Meh, whatever floats your boat.

One round of demolition the other day went for AGES. The other team only had to blow up B on quarry to put it into a tie breaker round and they were doomed to lose with only 45 seconds left on the clock. They planted, I defused, they planted, I defused, we did this right up till 1 second to go where I defused it and we finally won. I got 8000 xp match bonus just for one round, it was crazy. I was only level 50ish so take that into account where the usual match bonus would be 3000. Fun match and VERY VERY exciting and heart thumping.
 
For me, anything over 10 kills is decent. :lol:

Just did a demo at Sub Base, had a 7-kill streak (UAV/Predator/Harrier). Finished with 15-0-14 for the match; I swear the entire enemy team (and at least one of my teammates) was using the Javelin glitch... there must've been literally a dozen Javelins lying around the map :mad: IMO exploiting a glitch to score is cheating. I have no respect for anybody that does the Javelin glitch.

Unlocked Bling Pro and thermal on the SCAR, so me happy :)
 
I wouldn't say it's unfair, rather it tells you who sucks and has to resort to exploiting a glitch to score kills...

Quite the opposite really, the technique never really gets you that great a K/D ratio and you still have to be quite close to the enemy to score a kill. This technique would be useless on maps such as Wasteland. It's just unfair for the unfortunate victim that has to deal with killing you, or has idiots on their team which blow you up next to them.
 
I saw a couple of people doing that. God it is annoying. It's like a mega martyrdom and I've noticed that the people that are doing it are always ending the game with a 1.00 K/D ratio so it's just useless. I hope that IW will fix that ASAP.
When you see someone with a javelin running towards you get the hell away and shoot him. Simple, and tested by myself :lol:
 
Had a decent game in demolition, first game with ACOG SCAR. 11-3-25, including a Martyrdom kill :D


9.9k exp from the single match :)

I've pretty much stopped using the ACOG. Just don't like how the gun kicks with it. It is all about the red dot site, IMO.

Also, I really wants to do know how you play that leads to you getting killed so much...
 
I tend to run-n-gun a fair bit. Which gets me killed.

Then I decide to not move around much... that also gets me killed. :/
 
I tend to run-n-gun a fair bit. Which gets me killed.

Then I decide to not move around much... that also gets me killed. :/

I play both styles... What are you using for a run and gun setup? And your camping setup? And what kind of spots are you picking...?

When I run and gun, I am constantly moving. Only time I stop it to recover from wounds or to take cover to reload. And when I enter a room I sweep across the room visually to check for enemies. And I knife very, very aggressively.
 
I run and gun with an assault rifle/SMG (usually SCAR, P90 or UMP) + machine pistol (PP2k/G18). When camping (used loosely) I use the Barrett or the SCAR (as that has most attachments unlocked) and a silenced PP.

Neither combo works very well. The problem I have is getting killed on the way to a suitable overwatch spot... :/


I'm very very average, and most people that play are pretty good, which is a bit of a problem. :lol:
 
I don't think I have been killeed by the javelllin glitch, I had a porr run of games todayyy but my kkD has tsill gone up. I am upp too 1.7 sand risong.

good times.
 
Back