Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,336 views
I have two run & gun set up:

(all out attack)P90-Silenced, Ranger-Akimbo/Marathon, Stopping Power, Ninja.

or

(ninja)P90-Silenced, Stinger or Javelin/Marathon, Cold blooded, Ninja.

One with the stopping power for hard attacking, rushing. Ninja(coldblooded) setup for sneaking around, and also for shooting stuff down. Coldblooded perk is critical for shooting stuff down from my experience.

I just played my first ranking match at the refinery map, and decided with a tweaked version of the P90 with the stopping power. Switched the silencer with the FMJ, marathon with the sleight of hand, ninja with commando, I thought I was good to go.

Wrong.

After dying 2, 3 times very quickly, I switched to ACR(holo, FMJ), Stopping Power, Ranger with Akimbo. Quickly, I coasted thru the match with the high score 28-5. :D Score could've been much higher, but they shot down my harrier/pave low very quickly. Game ended as my second harrier had just arrived. :crazy:
I don't think I have been killeed by the javelllin glitch, I had a porr run of games todayyy but my kkD has tsill gone up. I am upp too 1.7 sand risong.

good times.
I kept pwning couple of them on Derail. I was just trying to snipe from that top floor on the warehouse, and they kept on coming up the stairs hauling Javelin on their shoulders.

After I kept killing one of them repeatedly, he came up the ladder, shot him again. He finally gave up after that, got killed again, and then got me with a grenade. :lol: My & couple of my coworkers, we reported both of them. :D:tup:
 
I finally got my first nuke today. Ground war Domination, ended up 42 kills 3 deaths!!! But it sucked cause as soon as I got my 25th kill, some dude came from behind me and knifed me, so my longest kill streak is still only 25.
 
I guess, I am weird as my run and gun is and LMG.

AUG Hbar + grip
P200

Slight of hand pro
Stopping power pro
Steady aim pro

2x stun
semtex

final stand.

That's my run and gun. I havent played anymore tonight, I am too drunk to play. hopefully I will see 1.75 tomorrow.
 
I tried an alternative run-n'-gun class:

Vector RF
G18
Frag
Flash

Marathon (taking "run and gun" literally :lol: )
Lightweight
Steady Aim Pro

Martyrdom (hardly ever works. I've scored three Martyrdom kills from 25 attempts, but it's better than Copycat and Painkiller)

Worked well by my standards, but I'm wondering if it would be more effective to swap out Marathon for Bling Pro (RF+RDS on Vec.) or Sleight of Hand Pro (fast reload + ADS)...


It's annoying when the matchmaker puts you in lobbies full of level 60s or players that have prestiged... why can't it try and put you in lobbies with players of similar level and prestige (I'm level 30, no prestige) :/
 
Worked well by my standards, but I'm wondering if it would be more effective to swap out Marathon for Bling Pro (RF+RDS on Vec.) or Sleight of Hand Pro (fast reload + ADS)...
I like all three. I think it's up to you to try them out, go with the one that'd work for ya.

I like marathon(+pro), because it helps me flank the enemy. I'm an average player. Major part of my game is gaining advantage over my opponent by positioning. If I meet them head-to-head, chance I'll die increases by quite a bit. But if you do like meeting them head-to-head, rapid fire should help.
 
I was on a roll tonight in deathmatch. :D
Went 19 & 3 one match, and 21 & 4 before that. Even got my kill streaks up to 6-7 a few times. For me, that's pretty good. K/D went from a .6x to .86. Ended up leveling from 30 to 36 pretty quickly.

And I owe it all thanks to the Scar. :p
 
I got my first throwing knife kill this morning. :D

Tried to empty most of a SCAR clip into a guy hovering at the end of one of the Skidrow corridors, completely missed him, tossed the knife in his general direction, kill. I found it somewhat amusing. :lol:
 
The gayest thing happened just ten minutes ago, I spawned and saw red smoke filtering up my screen, boom, Legendary724 with skull next to name. It took me two seconds to work out I had been spawned underneath a team mates care package. Was not impressed 👎.
 
The gayest thing happened just ten minutes ago, I spawned and saw red smoke filtering up my screen, boom, Legendary724 with skull next to name. It took me two seconds to work out I had been spawned underneath a team mates care package. Was not impressed 👎.
That happened to me as well. My buddy called in one, I spawned, took 2 steps, & boom. All I heard was him laughing. :dunce:
 
The gayest thing happened just ten minutes ago, I spawned and saw red smoke filtering up my screen, boom, Legendary724 with skull next to name. It took me two seconds to work out I had been spawned underneath a team mates care package. Was not impressed 👎.

Oh, I've had an enemy's slide down a set of stairs about a foot and kill me while I was trying to obtain it.
 
Credit to IW for making stuff like that actually occur, whether it was intentional coding or not :lol:
 
Oh, the idea of being congratulated for dodgy code. :D
 
Admit it, you've had that happen to you before :lol:

edit: new overall best performance: 10-3-8 in a domination with Vector RF/G18 RDS/Sleight of Hand Pro/Lightweight/Steady Aim Pro. Gotta love insane fire rates. :cool:
 
Last edited:
Yeah, at the end of every bug report they always say, "Well done" or "Thanks for this, its made my day."

It's a definite perk of the job!
 
Yet more unintentional brilliance! :lol:
 
Admit it, you've had that happen to you before :lol:

edit: new overall best performance: 10-3-8 in a domination with Vector RF/G18 RDS/Sleight of Hand Pro/Lightweight/Steady Aim Pro. Gotta love insane fire rates. :cool:

Yeah I joined in on that on the other team... man they were bad... all points under your guys control...

Also lol'ing when you guys say almost anything. How Harrier sounds is simply epic, along with Turret
 
Last edited:
You did well for one bar connection :)

I'm amazed I got you twice in a row, despite that :lol:
 
Had a productive weekend in MW2 :) brought my K/D ratio up from .90 to .96.... Trying to get it to 1.00+ and slowly getting there... :D Best match over the weekend was a 31-11... best Ive done til now in kill quantity, not best K/D ratio in a match though, so I was happy. I am also absolutely in love with the ACR w/ Holo scope.... such a nice piece of killing machinery... Feels like a SCAR with better fire rate, a little less stopping power, better accuracy and a lot less kickback/recoil.. 👍 The stopping power can be compensated by using Stopping Power Pro of course...
 
Last edited:
Rust is really bad for TDM. As are akimbo Vectors with rapid fire. :lol:
 
You did well for one bar connection :)

I'm amazed I got you twice in a row, despite that :lol:

Yeah my usual knife-a-thon tactics aren't working well. At all. I would have destroyed at Rust if I had good connection :lol:
 
I'm woefully bad :( I've barely managed to break 0.3 K/D :|

I'm getting to grips with my Vector/G18 class though :lol:
 
I'm woefully bad :( I've barely managed to break 0.3 K/D :|

I'm getting to grips with my Vector/G18 class though :lol:

Judging on much faster you were dying than I was, I am gonna say you are rushing into things to quickly. My advice: Slow down and assess each situation before you advance into it. Will keep you from just running by enemies as much.
 
Just had TDM on Rust for the second time ever today, finished with 26-11. I ran around with akimbo shotguns and a noobtube though :lol:.

Also :lol: @ Smarty and Surebooz, you guys provide a good laugh.
 
Well, just had my best streak to date - 21. Changed my kill streaks to Predator Missile, Harrier, AC130. Playing Favela, using my Runner Gunner class (Akimbo UMPs), defending C point... opened the game with my kill streak :lol: Sadly, I couldn't keep myself from getting killed so no "The Show" for me.

There was a bit of discussion on running and gunning classes. I just dropped Bling Pro from my Runner to put Marathon Pro back in. Works much, much better I am finding. I think it is because the ability to always sprint lets you position yourself better and reduces your chances of being caught in the open.

Also, mastered my UMP. Finally unlocked the extended mags, so I have my shiny UMP title. Now just to get another 150 headshots with it :lol:

Lastly, looking at changing over from the FAL to the ACR. While I love the FAL and its potential for a two shot kills in Non-Hardcore games, the ACR is automatic and has good capacity and amazing accuracy I am finding. Input?
 
Lastly, looking at changing over from the FAL to the ACR. While I love the FAL and its potential for a two shot kills in Non-Hardcore games, the ACR is automatic and has good capacity and amazing accuracy I am finding. Input?

If you check my previous post I said some things about the ACR... I am an avid ACR user at the moment with a Holo scope and the trusty noob tube ;) Awesome killing tool... It needs stopping power though to be fully affective... 👍 Its pretty much the same type of AR as the SCAR but more accurate and a little less power.... Clip size is perfect though and thats where the SCAR comes short imo.... Clip is just too small on the SCAR which was my favorite gun until I unlocked the ACR.... :) I found myself always reloading or running out of bullets at the wrong times... which intern got me killed a lot in the beginning... :D
 
Well, just had my best streak to date - 21. Changed my kill streaks to Predator Missile, Harrier, AC130. Playing Favela, using my Runner Gunner class (Akimbo UMPs), defending C point... opened the game with my kill streak :lol: Sadly, I couldn't keep myself from getting killed so no "The Show" for me.
That is almost my exact Killstreak setup. I have:

Predator Missile, this usually starts me up for my other kill streaks.
Harrier Strike, way more pic than a chopper cause you get the strike plus a tonne of kills from the hovering harrier.
AC-130/ Chopper Gunner, at the moment it is chopper gunner and that can get your streak from 11 to 25 no sweat.

I do not want to put a nuke on because I would have to go from 0 to 7 without dying and that might be a bit hard with no killstreak help.
 
Judging on much faster you were dying than I was, I am gonna say you are rushing into things to quickly. My advice: Slow down and assess each situation before you advance into it. Will keep you from just running by enemies as much.
I've tried that tactic before, but it also didn't work. :/ Then again, that was pre-patch, so I was getting killed by the lag :lol:

It also doesn't help when a guy comes storming into the room you're holed up in and riddles you with bullets a millisecond before you've swung your gun around to point at his face >.<
 
Last night I had some great matches in 3rd Person Team Tactical. In a Domination match, I went 56-4 with the MG4 on Scrapyard. It was pretty sweet.
 
Back