Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,305 views
I have been playing far too much MW2, so it is break time for me. Am now Prestige 1 level 3. I wasted at least 50k experience after reaching the upper limit trying to master the M4A1. All I needed was FMJ, and god that takes forever. Ended up finishing a few other challenges along the way as well just to get the titles/emblems out of the way. I've got titles now for the SCAR, TAR-21, ACR and M4A1...although I did not get all the camos on them and only with the SCAR did I get the 1000 kills.
 
I've tried that tactic before, but it also didn't work. :/ Then again, that was pre-patch, so I was getting killed by the lag :lol:

It also doesn't help when a guy comes storming into the room you're holed up in and riddles you with bullets a millisecond before you've swung your gun around to point at his face >.<

By assess the situation, I mean wait behind cover before you advance, try to move where cover will protect you while you run, and so on. Which mostly comes from figuring out most people's habits and the map flow.

For example, on Rundown, if I am a Ranger (I think) I'll start by running over to the southern most bridge

compass_map_mp_rundown.jpg


Checking to make sure there isn't too much cross fire, jumping off the bridge into the water, making my way up the stairs, checking to the left to see if people are trying to cross from the enemy side, then into the building, up the stairs, and will usually be able to take 2 or 3 snipers out of the nest before they know what is going on.

Also, when in doubt, throw a flash bang. If it hits anyone in an area, your cross hairs will let you know.
 
Agh, Rust is ANNOYING. This one guy knifed me at least six times >.<

Finished up 10-1-15 though, with three UAV/Harrier/Pave Low kills with the Stinger :)
 
Got my Omnicide title the other day, thought it would be something speacial for what it is.
 
Got my Omnicide title the other day, thought it would be something speacial for what it is.

How'd you even pull that off? Don't you have to kill the whole team in 10 seconds or something?
 
Shaky: How do they usually get you? Do they shoot you in the back? Do they get you face-to-face? Or what type of guns do they get you with? Assault rifle, or close range weapons? All of the above? :P
Had a productive weekend in MW2 :) brought my K/D ratio up from .90 to .96.... Trying to get it to 1.00+ and slowly getting there... :D Best match over the weekend was a 31-11... best Ive done til now in kill quantity, not best K/D ratio in a match though, so I was happy. I am also absolutely in love with the ACR w/ Holo scope.... such a nice piece of killing machinery... Feels like a SCAR with better fire rate, a little less stopping power, better accuracy and a lot less kickback/recoil.. 👍 The stopping power can be compensated by using Stopping Power Pro of course...
Best of luck to you on the "+" k/d ratio. 👍 Just wanted to tell you, try not to get discouraged by the setbacks. When I set a goal of certain k/d for myself, I seemed to run into a lot of them. :D
Lastly, looking at changing over from the FAL to the ACR. While I love the FAL and its potential for a two shot kills in Non-Hardcore games, the ACR is automatic and has good capacity and amazing accuracy I am finding. Input?
ACR has been one of my main guns in this game. Minimum recoil, and like you said, superb capacity & accuracy. Great fire rate, too, I think. Like Blitz mentioned, stopping power is minimal, but if you have good accuracy, or if you go with the stopping power like we do, I think you'd love it. 👍
 
Usually in the face*/in the side, but I do get shot in the back and/or knifed occasionally :/

It's hard to tell on the killcams but I *think* most of the time I'm getting shot with red dot/holographic assault rifles, and a Barrett from time to time.



*this is where a five-year-old SD TV puts you at a disadvantage. It's harder to spot enemies creeping in your direction at lower resolutions :grumpy:
 
How'd you even pull that off? Don't you have to kill the whole team in 10 seconds or something?

Real easy if you get a chopper gunner or lucky airstrike after the entire team spawns at a single point. I got it when I got my first nuke.

From,
Chris.
 
Usually in the face*/in the side, but I do get shot in the back and/or knifed occasionally :/

It's hard to tell on the killcams but I *think* most of the time I'm getting shot with red dot/holographic assault rifles, and a Barrett from time to time.
I really like Azuremen's advice. It was similar to the one I gave to another member as well.(Check this out)

Couple of my pointers:

If they are shooting you in the face, I think you could improve how quickly & accurately you get your gun pointed at your target. You could try what I use sometimes, and that would be walking around with my weapon up. This is easier to do with the red dot. Also, to improve your aim, try a little exercise before you get into a firefight. Pick a couple, or several windows, trees, whatever can be used as pretend-targets. Then quickly aim at one of them, then quickly switch to the next, next, back to the first. Might seem silly, but I find it a very nice warm up during team deathmatches.

I hope you try some of our pointers, techniques. Let us know if they work, or don't work for you. And don't quit after just couple of matches. I've noticed on CoD4 that some techniques, guns that I tried for for just a little bit, decided I didn't like it. Later on, I find out that I was totally wrong, and should have stuck with them a bit longer.
 
Cheers a6, I'll try your tips and see if I improve (fingers crossed, but not hopeful, lol) :)

(can you tell that this is my first online FPS? haha)
 
Usually in the face*/in the side, but I do get shot in the back and/or knifed occasionally :/

It's hard to tell on the killcams but I *think* most of the time I'm getting shot with red dot/holographic assault rifles, and a Barrett from time to time.



*this is where a five-year-old SD TV puts you at a disadvantage. It's harder to spot enemies creeping in your direction at lower resolutions :grumpy:


I know how you feel, my tv is well over 5 years old.....
 
Just had an awesome Domination match and thanks to someone's post about putting C4 on the flags I got a ton of kills from that :p

Went 57-4-3 in Domination at Favela, completely ran out of ammo in both guns and still went on and got most of my kills with 2 Chopper Gunner killstreaks (The last time I had Chopper Gunner the entire team was stuck at C and kept running out and the chopper just circled that area)

My team narrowly won though because they couldn't be bothered to actually capture the flags instead they usually camped at B. (And were horrible at it)

For any interested, this is my "DomGhost" setup:
ACR+Silencer+Holographic sight (Bling Pro)
TMG+Silencer+Red Dot (Bling Pro)
C4 + Flashbang
Cold-Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro
Final Stand
(I have a few similar setups using different variations of the ACR Combos, Named NinjaGhost, ACOGGhost, LevelUpGhost [What I use to level up attachments, the FMJ is on it currently] and OldGhost [Which instead of an ACR, I have a M16/M4A1 if I'm getting murdered])

Oh and being 1 kill away from nuke then having the enemy team spawn behind you = FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU :p

From,
Chris.
 
I really like Azuremen's advice. It was similar to the one I gave to another member as well.(Check this out)

Couple of my pointers:

If they are shooting you in the face, I think you could improve how quickly & accurately you get your gun pointed at your target. You could try what I use sometimes, and that would be walking around with my weapon up. This is easier to do with the red dot. Also, to improve your aim, try a little exercise before you get into a firefight. Pick a couple, or several windows, trees, whatever can be used as pretend-targets. Then quickly aim at one of them, then quickly switch to the next, next, back to the first. Might seem silly, but I find it a very nice warm up during team deathmatches.

I hope you try some of our pointers, techniques. Let us know if they work, or don't work for you. And don't quit after just couple of matches. I've noticed on CoD4 that some techniques, guns that I tried for for just a little bit, decided I didn't like it. Later on, I find out that I was totally wrong, and should have stuck with them a bit longer.

This. I go out to Highrise in LAN play and make a game, just to practice shooting boxes and trying to keep hitting them while they move. Also lets me figure out lines on maps more, so I know I should have my cursor so high to hit people in the head at where they normally camp. You'll also start to learn some neat tricks about levels, like getting on top of C in Highrise or the two platforms off the map side.

Also, fiddle around with different setups everyday. If one that worked for you doesn't work the next day, change it up. I learned after playing various FPS games that I'll have a "gun of the day" that just seems to work awesome for me. Sometimes it will be a random SMG, other times this or that AR, or a Sniper Rifle. Once you finally get into the zone and find your rhythm, the game will go a lot smoother.
 
Change up is very important part of the game as well. You've got to be able to adapt, when the game start going south on you.

The reason why I left that critical part out of my post though, I thought I should give Sharky just few tips at first, so he can get going one step at a time. Didn't want to overwhelm him. :D

P.S. And you are welcome, btw, Sharky. I like how we look out for one another in these threads. I learned online FPS on CoD4, and I learned so much in that thread. We are like one happy gtp clan! :lol:
 
I found changing up to be a given. No use using "broken" equipment. :lol:
 
To me, "broken equipment" is a pair of headphones, and two controllers(1 X360, 1 PS3). Replacement cost of approximately $150 or so!

I suck. :crazy:
 
How'd you even pull that off? Don't you have to kill the whole team in 10 seconds or something?
A cinch, my first chopper gunner got me it. I just shot alot of people and boom, there is the challenge. Right now I am using the Wargasm title and the little purple hand thing for the emblem. Wargasm is given for unlocking all kill streak rewards in under 20 seconds. The hand is given for omnicide.

Awesome, I found pictures.
Wargasm.jpg

Emblem-devilfinger.jpg

*this is where a five-year-old SD TV puts you at a disadvantage. It's harder to spot enemies creeping in your direction at lower resolutions :grumpy:
My TV is 10+ years old, nearly as old as me. It is still pretty big, one of the biggest TV's out back then but I can see almost everything fine. Cant wait for christmas where I get an HD monitor though, hopefully it will be a huge improvement.
 
Props to you, Legendary. I have that Wargasm one, too, but I had no idea what for. :lol:
 
How'd you even pull that off? Don't you have to kill the whole team in 10 seconds or something?
I joined a game late and spawned next to someones care package and basicaly used that. Bit of a fluke I guess.
 


Sound advice that pal. You should always 'zero' your gun, and any you pick up. I always spot check my accuracy, which I think is very important if you want to improve your snap shooting skills. I also try not to switch to different classes of weapons, and usually settle for a few that are weighted similarly in the same class.

Another great trick that can give you the nod in a toe-to-toe firefight is diving to the floor whilst shooting. I used to do it all the time on COD4, as it could give you that vital split second to get the first bullet on your target. The same is true on MW2. You can dive to the floor with your sights up and still keep hitting the target. You can even get back up again still aiming at, and firing at your target.

This tactic is even more potent in MW2, because when you get hit by gun fire, your sights travel upwards. If you can get the first bullet on the guy, you are almost guranteed a kill as his sights will be forced upwards, away from you lying on the floor! If by chance the guy manages to follow you down, and starts shooting at you, because of your sights drifiting upwards, you can quite often get a free headshot out of it too! 👍

I have my stances set to R3 (tactical), and as soon as I see a guy, I just click the right thumb stick, and BOOM instant kill.
 
I finally got my first nuke yesterday! I was on Rundown with a bling'd SCAR that ran out of ammo, then I started using a bling'd RPD I found. I got the Chopper Gunner and I upped my killstreak to 44 kills! When the game was about to end, I called in my nuke. I finished 56-8.
 
Just had an awesome Domination match and thanks to someone's post about putting C4 on the flags I got a ton of kills from that :p

Went 57-4-3 in Domination at Favela, completely ran out of ammo in both guns and still went on and got most of my kills with 2 Chopper Gunner killstreaks (The last time I had Chopper Gunner the entire team was stuck at C and kept running out and the chopper just circled that area)

My team narrowly won though because they couldn't be bothered to actually capture the flags instead they usually camped at B. (And were horrible at it)

For any interested, this is my "DomGhost" setup:
ACR+Silencer+Holographic sight (Bling Pro)
TMG+Silencer+Red Dot (Bling Pro)
C4 + Flashbang
Cold-Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro
Final Stand
(I have a few similar setups using different variations of the ACR Combos, Named NinjaGhost, ACOGGhost, LevelUpGhost [What I use to level up attachments, the FMJ is on it currently] and OldGhost [Which instead of an ACR, I have a M16/M4A1 if I'm getting murdered])

Oh and being 1 kill away from nuke then having the enemy team spawn behind you = FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU :p

From,
Chris.

I have absolutely no idea how you can get such a high amount of kills.
Highest amount of kills i've got on domination was 45, but with 15 kills.
But that was only once. Normally don't have enough time to reach that amount.
And mostly play hardcore team deathmatch, where the playing speed is a bit slower.

And still using my trusty AUG HBAR with grip. It's overall performance is really good, bith in close, medium and long range combat. I shoot a lot of snipers in the head from long distance because it takes longer for them to aim :)
And I'm also a fan of scavenger pro. You hardly ever run out of ammo.
 
I have absolutely no idea how you can get such a high amount of kills.
Highest amount of kills i've got on domination was 45, but with 15 kills.
But that was only once. Normally don't have enough time to reach that amount.

Well I usually play Core TDM (I was playing HCTDM until the Javelin glitch came about and I probably won't play it until it's fixed :p), but last night I decided to try some domination because I hated it in CoD4 and I wanted to see if it was any better since I'm better at this game. I found that with some of these tips I've seen from you guys it's a lot more fun to play :p

Apparently I didn't have my Nuke Killstreak set up because last night during one of the matches I got my killstreak up to 29 :p

And if it wasn't for the C4 kills Dust I'd be around 40-45 kills instead of the 57 I did get, a good strategy is to put a bomb on the center of the flag or on the wall if it's a small room (think C at Sub Pen), as the flag capturer isn't prone to look on the ground when they dive to the target.

Speaking of flags, I personally don't go after many of them unless I can capture them with cover, but instead I try to break the resistance up so my teammates can capture the flag and I defend them from a distance (Like Favela, where the ridge with the trees is above A, the entire enemy team kept running up and crouching behind a tree to fire at the guys taking A, I proceeded to stand right next to that little area and rack up the headshots while my team captured the bases :p)

From,
Chris.
 
@WallRunner

Joined one of your games last night and ended up in hardcore TDM with you, Dustdriver and others.... First time I played it... I thought someone had shot off an EMP, but the screen was still normal... Then I realised I was in Hardcore :lol: Need some more practice before I go playing with the big boys :sly:
 
Does anyone else hope that one day games companies will be able to integrate random map generation into there games. How awesome would be to enter a map not knowing where any of the camping/sniping points are.
 
Random map generation? I imagine you could kind of do it now, but they'd look uber crap.
 
Random map generation? I imagine you could kind of do it now, but they'd look uber crap.

I definitely think it's the way forward. Playing some maps just becomes too tedious after a long session. Maybe the random map generation should be just for deathmatch as the map layout isn't as important. Would be very interesting to see how it turns out.
 
I agree, but it wouldn't be easy to implement. Anyone know of any games like that? I can't think of any that have done it. Closest would be custom-designed ones, like in LBP.
 
I have absolutely no idea how you can get such a high amount of kills.
Highest amount of kills i've got on domination was 45, but with 15 kills.
But that was only once. Normally don't have enough time to reach that amount.
And mostly play hardcore team deathmatch, where the playing speed is a bit slower.

And still using my trusty AUG HBAR with grip. It's overall performance is really good, bith in close, medium and long range combat. I shoot a lot of snipers in the head from long distance because it takes longer for them to aim :)
And I'm also a fan of scavenger pro. You hardly ever run out of ammo.

I am a fellow AUG + Grip guy. In the last game it was RPD + Grip. The grip is the most underrated of all attatchments IMO, it makes the AUG a killer at pretty much any distance. AS a general rule, if you can see them, you can kill them and with just a quick double tap. It's even better in hardcore.
 
Back