Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,326 views
I have absolutely no idea how you can get such a high amount of kills.
Highest amount of kills i've got on domination was 45, but with 15 kills.
But that was only once. Normally don't have enough time to reach that amount.
And mostly play hardcore team deathmatch, where the playing speed is a bit slower.

Try playing Ground War. The most kills I've gotten in a GW match was close to 80. Last night I got 56 kills in a GW Domination match.
 
I was raging (in a bad way) earlier. Using a UMP45/FMJ with Scavenger Pro, Stopping Power Pro and Steady Aim Pro, I unloaded a full clip into an enemy about 5 metres away and he didn't die. Couple of pistol shots from him and I was dead, check the killcam and he didn't even have any damage increasing perks or attachments. I played a couple of games and got so annoyed with stupid teamates and annoying maps I ended up putting in COD4 and having a fun time.

Honestly the more I play this alongside COD4 the more I begin to appreciate how good COD4 actually is.
 
Another great trick that can give you the nod in a toe-to-toe firefight is diving to the floor whilst shooting. I used to do it all the time on COD4, as it could give you that vital split second to get the first bullet on your target.
Oh, yeah. I probably used to swear at you, all the time. :rolleyes: :lol:
Does anyone else hope that one day games companies will be able to integrate random map generation into there games. How awesome would be to enter a map not knowing where any of the camping/sniping points are.
I would hate it, personally. I will admit that type of maps will be fun in it's own way, but to me, learning the maps and using it is very much a part of the game.
 
Had a TDM at Underpass, took it slow, finished 5-0-4 (ended on a 4-kill streak)... ran out of ammo in both SCAR and Stinger though >.<
 
Had a TDM at Underpass, took it slow, finished 5-0-4 (ended on a 4-kill streak)... ran out of ammo in both SCAR and Stinger though >.<

Not bad. Take note, before my current rampaging through maps with the higher kill counts, I had scores much like yours. I just focused on staying in the positive KD and not amassing kills. And in TDM, that is more important than rushing around and dying a bunch.
 
Had a TDM at Underpass, took it slow, finished 5-0-4 (ended on a 4-kill streak)... ran out of ammo in both SCAR and Stinger though >.<
Picking up weapon's fun part of the game! Like Tsukuba's pickup RPD, even if you don't usually use the particular gun, sometimes, for the situation you are in, that pick up gun can be just so perfect. RPD's one of my favorite pick up guns. :O

And I second on the k/d ratio, too. In TDM, it's not so much the high total kills, but the k/d ratio is very important. Don't get me wrong, I've come in like second on my team with k/d close to 10 or something. First place guy on the team would have something like 25, but with the k/d of around one, maybe even lower. Although that guy doesn't have the efficient stats to show for, without that first place guy keeping the other team busy, distracted, etc., I might've not been able to rack up the kills for my team otherwise.
 
Trust me, I would've picked up a gun had there been one in the vicinity when I ran out of ammo :lol:
 
Alright, alright. :lol:

I just got done with three matches, and guess who I ran into? Blackbird, again. This is the second time I've ran into him on a TDM. Weird.

Anyway, on the third game, I finally got the mastery thing for ACR. Gave me a title and everything. I am very happy. :D
 
Alright, alright. :lol:

I just got done with three matches, and guess who I ran into? Blackbird, again. This is the second time I've ran into him on a TDM. Weird.

Anyway, on the third game, I finally got the mastery thing for ACR. Gave me a title and everything. I am very happy. :D

What are some tips on finishing FMJ for ACR? I've averaged 1 counting kill per game with it and obviously 40 games with an attachment I'm not fond of isn't very fun :p

From,
Chris.
 
You could stick with the ACR/FMJ on maps like Favela(sp?), Rundown, etc., where there are lots of buildings and objects your bullets can penetrate and hit the target through. I hated the challenge at first too, but after completing the challenge, I grew to love this combination, so I still have my ACR with the holo/FMJ combo. :lol:

I'm not sure what happened, but they decided to match me up with mostly noobs tonight. As a result, I got to fly the harrier and pavelow simultaneously in lot of the matches. Everything went well until just now on Afghan. My gun stopped working, and I went something like 3-8? I bailed, since there was no way for me to kill anybody if my bullets turn into rubber. :crazy:
 
I did FMJ for 4 guns so far, and the easiest thing I can think of is to use it on maps with lots of walls and not worry about it on places like Afgan or Wasteland. My favorite places for FMJ are Scrapyard, Invasion, Skidrow and Favela. Granted it does tend to take a while no matter what, but the more chances you have to actually shoot through walls, the faster it goes. It might even be beneficial to use Bling and throw the HBS on so you can find people easier. In the end I just sucked it up and played as many matches as it took. It's is by far the worst attachment to complete.

After prestiging I started using the Grenadier class and I have to say I love the FAMAS. I've kept with it since getting custom classes and I'm gonna go with it until I master it. The SCAR is still going to be my go-to gun though when I need to get back on track.
 
Thanks for the tips guys, strangely enough I ended up getting it at Wasteland :p

I ended up just playing HCTDM with ACR + FMJ + Sleight of Hand Pro + Stopping Power Pro + Commando Pro and I got through it in about 25 matches :p

From,
Chris.
 
19-4-15 in a GW domination at Scrapyard. :D "Stole" a teammate's Harrier airstrike that landed on the truck that's beside the hut at one end of the map (by standing right beside the back of the truck I was *just* in range to grab it), and stole an enemy's stealth bomber later on :lol:
 
Last edited:
Lots of talk about PS Eye being used in GT5. Could it be used in MW2?
 
I want one!! :dopey: What I dont understand is how its possible to se details who can not be seen in a normal HD tv. (1.00min in vid from link)

Im not sure either how that works... The plus side is that you use your peripheral vision a lot more then you would on a flatscreen... Which is really cool and gives you a higher level of immersion then you'd ever get on a normal LCD flat panel... I think its even better then a 3 LCD setup, I wonder if it could be used for a racing sim?
 
Lots of talk about PS Eye being used in GT5. Could it be used in MW2?

The way they're talking about it, it would end up giving players without the eye an advantage.

From,
Chris.
 
Thanks for the tips guys, strangely enough I ended up getting it at Wasteland :p

I ended up just playing HCTDM with ACR + FMJ + Sleight of Hand Pro + Stopping Power Pro + Commando Pro and I got through it in about 25 matches :p

From,
Chris.


In HC using stopping power is just a waste of a perk to me, I always use uav jammer, or cold blooded in this case. I always want to be unseen and silent in HC since you one shot one kill basically.
 
In HC using stopping power is just a waste of a perk to me, I always use uav jammer, or cold blooded in this case. I always want to be unseen and silent in HC since you one shot one kill basically.

But when you're trying to shoot things through walls you need the most power you can get 💡

Oh, and 1.06 Patch is out, Javelin Glitchers, Rock Glitchers and the lesser known infinite care package glitchers are no more! Praise Baby Jesus! :p

From,
Chris.
 
I'm late to the party but picked this up the other day and am now thoroughly addicted, even though I'm still finding my feet & ranking up online.

PSN = Cultlife for anyone who's around.
 
I knew about the infinite care package thing, it takes a while to do it though so it was basically useless. I did test the patch last night and found you can no longer do the Geo glitches, pipe in rust etc. I am definitely glad there is no more javelin crap 👍.
 
But when you're trying to shoot things through walls you need the most power you can get 💡

Oh, and 1.06 Patch is out, Javelin Glitchers, Rock Glitchers and the lesser known infinite care package glitchers are no more! Praise Baby Jesus! :p

From,
Chris.
Thank god. Besides FM3's new DLC, I had to take a break from MW2 because of the Javelin idiots. I must have reported at least 6 or 7 after encountering the first 2....
 
24-2-7 on wasteland, just chucking nades over the walls will get you easy kills, I find thermals pretty useful here.
 
Yeah, thermal scope can be very effective on that map. 👍
Thanks for the tips guys, strangely enough I ended up getting it at Wasteland :p

I ended up just playing HCTDM with ACR + FMJ + Sleight of Hand Pro + Stopping Power Pro + Commando Pro and I got through it in about 25 matches :p

From,
Chris.
Whatever Chris, whatever! :lol:
 
I just got nuked twice in as many GW matches. :crazy: (and went 6-1-3 in the next match using a silenced Barrett, including gaining the 1bullet2kills title... awesome)
 
Last edited:
Nice job, Sharky!

I've been nuked twice before. Once by my teammate, second one was from the opposing team. It was cool though, because they gave me a title just for getting nuked by the opponent. AND... in my defense, I popped in on the match just as we were getting nuked. It wasn't my fault! this time :dopey:
 
I've been nuked five times. :/

The first time I got nuked I was like "erm, what's that timer and icon mea... aaaagh"; second time "Oh. A nuke. Joy."; third time "here we go again...". The novelty of being nuked wears off rather quickly. :lol:


I'm amazed I got the 1bullet2kills title, it was a pure fluke shot - I was lying prone on top of the bit of building in Terminal that sits just adjacent to the ground level (climb the ladder to get to it, you know the place), looking at the far end of what I call the "murder chute" - the corridor with the windows - when two or three guys on the opposing team popped into view. I bashed R1 as fast as I could and *somehow* I scored the 1bullet.. title, ACOG and HB for Barrett, Barrett Marksman Pro II and a bunch of other stuff, all in the one shot. Was very bizarre. :lol:
 
Got to watch out for the "nuke teams" though. Been seeing a few lately & they're a real pain....
 
What is that?
 
Back