Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,326 views
What is that?
That's when you get 2 guys, 1 on each team, letting his partner kill him over & over in some, ignored section of the map. If you watch, the only person they kill is each other, & will take advantage of the kill streaks until they reach the nuke. After the round, they'll switch in the next.

Twice, I have watched this "tactic" with 1 person going 30+ & 1 or 2 deaths, and launching the nuke once he's done with the kill streaks. When he's not going that, he's only killing 1 person over & over, within seconds.

Sadly, they can't patch this, but, I don't think it's easy to do at all, so the chances of seeing it are pretty rare. You'll know though, if you start seeing nukes launched by the same guy within a few rounds; just watch who he kills.
 
Seems like it would be hard to get to the person you know to actually kill them on most maps. When a mate and I play together on different teams we will tell one another where certain campers are on our team, but thats about it for us.
 
Thanks for the info, Mac. That is crazy. It's like that guy you work with, who spends more energy avoiding work than on the actual work. I know it's just a game, but sounds like these kids need to be slapped in the face or something. :lol: I'd imagine you'd get a cool title after couple of nuke deployments, but come on!
 
I'm having a fair bit of fun with my sniper/stealth class:

Barrett 50 cal + silencer + ACOG
G18 + silencer + red dot
Throwing knife
Flashbangs

Bling Pro
Cold-Blooded Pro
Ninja

Fun class. :D The results speak for themselves - 8-4-4 in GW TDM @ Wasteland. :)


edit: the Barrett lacks a bit of punch with the silencer attached, so I'll swap Cold-Blooded Pro for Stopping Power Pro and see what happens... :D

edit again: 16-5-5!!! Had a 12-streak! :dopey:
 
Last edited:
So I created a Demo Man class

ACR with Grenade Launcher
RPG-7 x 2
Frag Nade
Flash

Scavenger Pro
Danger Close Pro
Commando Pro

It is quite amusing, if not a bit, erm, noob friendly.

Yeah, just went 31-1-8 with it.
 
Last edited:
So I created a Demo Man class

ACR with Grenade Launcher
RPG-7 x 2
Frag Nade
Flash

Scavenger Pro
Danger Close Pro
Commando Pro

It is quite amusing, if not a bit, erm, noob friendly.

Yeah, just went 31-1-8 with it.

Interesting... maybe worth a try since I havent even touched an RPG yet in all my playing time... Finally got to a 1.00 K/D ratio last night, just last Friday I was at 0.90... Going to try and see if I can get it higher now as well... which means die less and kill more :D
 
Got a slightly higher killstreak of 24 now. Was domination on favela and I was protecting A. Let them come closer and killed them one by one. They all came from 1 side, so was easy defending. The predator missile came quickly, killed 1 person, then I saw multiple enemies coming for me, luckily I had the harrier strike ready by then and killed those attackers.
After that it didn't take long before the AC-130 reward came and I could start picking off enemy targets. Managed to kill all enemies within 10 seconds, thanks to the harrier who was still in the air :)
Some bad shooting from my side ended the streak prematurely though. Almost killed 1 attacker, but couldn't get the kill. On the killcam I could see that he was 1 bullet away from being killed :(
 
Interesting... maybe worth a try since I havent even touched an RPG yet in all my playing time... Finally got to a 1.00 K/D ratio last night, just last Friday I was at 0.90... Going to try and see if I can get it higher now as well... which means die less and kill more :D


Just the few hours I spent playing MW2 at a mates house I already figured out you really need 1 class with some type of RPG for taking down air strikes. They are ridiculously easy to take down in MW2, too easy IMO. I did take down an enemy helicopter with my predator missile the first hour playing though:)
 
Just the few hours I spent playing MW2 at a mates house I already figured out you really need 1 class with some type of RPG for taking down air strikes. They are ridiculously easy to take down in MW2, too easy IMO. I did take down an enemy helicopter with my predator missile the first hour playing though:)

I know what you mean... Ive been meaning to create a class with some type of RPG, but Im an AR addict... :) Just cant get enough of them and I usually couple them with a machine pistol (akimbo) or shotgun... AA-12 usually... I havent even completed the Fly Swatter challenge only because ive been to lazy to equip some type of RPG.. :p And when there are airborne threats near me I'm usually hiding, making sure I dont get hit, which intern causes me to lose kills because of all the waiting....
 
I have a class with the AUG HBAR + Stinger; great at taking down killstreak rewards, and the Stinger has a missile in the reserve slot so you get two shots with it - perfect for blowing up Pave Lows ;) I once blew up a Pave Low within five seconds of it being deployed, the guy that called it in must've been pissed :cool:

Factor in that the AUG is a monster LMG and you've got one badass combo. Just need to unlock the Javelin for surface targeting (Stinger is anti-air only) and I'm sorted :D
 
Is the javelin the one that you can shoot down onto the map sort of like an airstrike? Sorry, I have only played it for a few hours since I don't have it yet. If thats what it does then I have been on the receiving end of that and its not fun...
 
Is the javelin the one that you can shoot down onto the map sort of like an airstrike? Sorry, I have only played it for a few hours since I don't have it yet. If thats what it does then I have been on the receiving end of that and its not fun...

That would be correct. A bit of a fire and forget philosophy applies. And it is quite fun but only works when you know where people are going to be.

I finally got the Flatliner title... 3 kills while in a single last stand. Same round I got Perfectionist with the Intervention.

And the 1887 Shotgun is absurd. I love it, but it is absurd.
 
Last night I got killed by the Javelin the normal way along with 4 other people. We were playing Ground War TDM on Scrapyard and next thing you know there is a Multi-Kill with a Javelin.

@Azuremen: I agree, the 1887 shotgun is epic. I use it with Akimbo now and FMJ (Bling Pro) and it has such long range for a shotgun. Shoot both shotguns at the same time and someone 7 or so metres away just drops dead. Unbelievable.
 
Holy crap. I went 40-1-5 in TDM on Wasteland. Used an Intervention with FMJ & Thermal, Stopping Power Pro, and Steady Aim Pro. 2 predator missiles, 2 attack helicopters, and 1 chopper gunner.
 
From what I've seen, FMJ doesn't increase bullet damage, just the penetration factor. Which helps with getting 2kill1bullet and All Pro.
 
I tried akimboing 1887, but I can not get the hang of it at all. Before using akimbo, I thought that gun was pure pwn, but when going akimbo, do you have to use steady aim or something?
They are ridiculously easy to take down in MW2, too easy IMO.
They sort of offset that by also making it easier to get them up in the air, I think. And if you are worried about your killstreak rewards being shot down too easily, you could go for AC130, or combination of Harrier + Pave Low chopper, that's what I use right now.
 
I tried akimboing 1887, but I can not get the hang of it at all. Before using akimbo, I thought that gun was pure pwn, but when going akimbo, do you have to use steady aim or something?

They sort of offset that by also making it easier to get them up in the air, I think. And if you are worried about your killstreak rewards being shot down too easily, you could go for AC130, or combination of Harrier + Pave Low chopper, that's what I use right now.

AC130 takes a lot longer to shoot down than the Chopper Gunner because it deploys flares twice versus once on the chopper.

As for the akimbo 1887, I've not found Steady Aim necessary, just being comfortable shooting from the hip in general. Gotten several headshots so far. Just kind of aim at the height most people's chests are at and BOOM head shot half the time :p
 
Is the javelin the one that you can shoot down onto the map sort of like an airstrike? Sorry, I have only played it for a few hours since I don't have it yet. If thats what it does then I have been on the receiving end of that and its not fun...

Predator AGM?

I notice Soap keeps saying "AGM missile".
 
Predator AGM?

I notice Soap keeps saying "AGM missile".

The UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle, basically a small RC plane with cameras on it) Is called a predator. The missile the UAV carries is an AGM missile.
 
The UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle, basically a small RC plane with cameras on it) Is called a predator. The missile the UAV carries is an AGM missile.

Correct, but the game calls the AMG a Predator Missile. Likely because it is part of the whole Predator system.

As for small, I thought UAVs had 15 meter or so wingspans?
 
As for small, I thought UAVs had 15 meter or so wingspans?



General characteristics

  • Crew: 0
  • Length: 44 ft 5 in (13.54 m)
  • Wingspan: 116 ft 2 in (35.41 m)
  • Height: 15 ft 2 in (4.62 m)
  • Empty weight: 8,490 lb (3,851 kg)
  • Gross weight: 22,900 lb (10,387 kg)
  • Powerplant: 1 × Allison Rolls-Royce AE3007H turbofan engine, 7,050 lbf (31.4 kN) thrust
Performance

  • Cruise speed: 404 mph (351 kn; 650 km/h)
  • Endurance: 36 hours
  • Service ceiling: 65,000 ft (19,812 m)
 
Yay, I am level 70 with 80k to go till I prestige which should be today.
 
I know what a Predator UAV is. ;) breakpoint asked if what he saw was the Javelin, but I think he saw a Hellfire AGM from the Predator killstreak/care package, not the Javelin launcher.

What I meant about Soap is that he probably does his banking at ATM machines. :)
 
So, is the new trend to use the grenade launcher more than the gun & then spam rocket launchers? Seriously, if that's the only way people can get kills, then that's just pathetic....👎
 
I think they should ban all grenade launchers and rocket launchers, aswell as campers and runners-and-gunners, snipers and LMG's,
SMG's and shotguns! :p
In other news, earlier tonight I made it to level 69 and I'm about 50,000 XP away from Level 70, and I am surely not going to prestige for a long while :dopey:

Had some good games though, got a lot of knife kills as I'm getting better with it (even once my team was dancing with one dude and I just ran over and knifed him :lol:)

I can't believe how many headshots you have to get to finish the challenges though, 500 for the last set on the ACR and ofcourse that's no more XP than 250 or 350 was :grumpy:

From,
Chris.
 
I've never liked noob-tube, but I'm actually getting good at it now. As for complaining about it, I don't see the point. Just like in CoD4 with the M16, Juggernaut, if you like it, use it. If you don't, don't. :crazy: I only use the grenade launchers to level up the gun + level up the rank. I find it useful & loads of fun.

I've been experiencing major headache with the ACOGs. Sometimes, the target is so big in the scope, like I could not possibly shoot around the target, I hit nothing! I had this guy go in the final stand today, I took three shots with my ACOG'd Barret, nothing. Next part is a whole another deal, relating to the last stand/final stand: I jump in with my pimpin' 2000, emptied the whole clip and still couldn't kill him. Similar thing use to happen in CoD4 where the target goes in last stand, you can not hit him. I know many people, myself included, who had to start shooting at the head, then spray downward in order to take him out. This virtual optical illusion thing is very lame. 👎
 
So, is the new trend to use the grenade launcher more than the gun & then spam rocket launchers? Seriously, if that's the only way people can get kills, then that's just pathetic....👎

I use it quite a bit now. Mind you, I still use rifles too and all that jazz. Just if the enemy is moving in groups, I tend to opt for the setup that can take out a large group at once. And it works quite well.
 
Bear in mind the assault rifle shotgun attachments are unlocked through noobtube kills, and having said shotgun attachment effectively gives you three guns instead of two (AR, shotgun, pistol).

Although I find the grenade launchers to be kinda weak and useless. Rarely score a hit with them. :/
 
I use it quite a bit now. Mind you, I still use rifles too and all that jazz. Just if the enemy is moving in groups, I tend to opt for the setup that can take out a large group at once. And it works quite well.
Do you fire it even when there's just 1 person who could easily just be taken out with a pistol?

I saw one dumbass actually waste a Javelin rocket on 1 guy who was hiding upstairs in a building. He killed him & then got owned by 2 other guys. Then when we had a Harrier, this retard wasted the rocket again instead of blowing up the plane. :dunce:
 
Yesterday I decided to use a knifing class since I opened up the Tactical Knife for the M9... So I equipped an Uzi with no attachments, an M9 w/ Tactical Knife, then for perks:

Marathon Pro
Lightweight
Commando Pro
Death streak - Martyrdom.

This is a CRAZY setup... I think I pissed a lot of people off too.. I could here people saying, "Hey look at that guy running around!! He's only knifing..." My first try I got 31-12... :lol: Only knifing people... Later I joined some GTPers from the T&L crew and did it again in the Quarry (Domination) scoring 23-11 I believe, ending up on spot #1, only running and knifing... We got back to the lobby and 75% of the lobby left.... So I think I hit a nerve there... :D
 
Back