Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,329 views
Speaking of the noobtube... unlocked the shotgun on my SCAR after going 20-4-8 in a GW domination @ Scrapyard :)

Even hit a 7-streak for a Harrier airstrike :)


(and 19-1-16 next game having started off 0-0-8... I'm improving! :D)
 
Last edited:
I have been really getting used to the Noob Tube, I used to hate being hit by it but now that I use it a little I dont mind, it is really quite good.

Also, before I prestiged I used Harrier, Chopper Gunner and Tactical Nuke, while I didnt get the nuke it sure is a fun challenge getting to seven kills by yourself. Then I prestiged and I am not level 5. I have unlocked the challenges and was pleasantly surprised to find that there is new challenges called 'Prestige' challenges which give some epic titles. I was also pleased to see a custom class slot 6 which I can put to good use. Overall, prestiging is recommended by me because it renews the game. I am having fun leveling up quicker and unlocked stuff again. I spent the whole day today going for level 67 to prestige and when I did prestige it took 15 mins to get to level 5 :lol:.
 
Noob tube + Danger Close is deadly. :lol:
 
What is danger close? I have heard of it but I dont know what it does.
 
What is danger close? I have heard of it but I dont know what it does.

Increased Explosive damage.

I had to use it for 3 games or so leveling up my Noobtube on the ACR :p

From,
Chris.
 
Do you fire it even when there's just 1 person who could easily just be taken out with a pistol?

I saw one dumbass actually waste a Javelin rocket on 1 guy who was hiding upstairs in a building. He killed him & then got owned by 2 other guys. Then when we had a Harrier, this retard wasted the rocket again instead of blowing up the plane. :dunce:

If I have it out, yes I'll use it rather than waste time changing over to the rifle mode again. I'll also shoot it into common camping spots without knowing for sure. Like on Terminal I'll launch rockets into the A point area if I think someone is there. Often works.

Call it what you will, it works. But generally not quite as well as me being careful with my ACR out. However, it gets results fast when needing to clear Domination points.

In other news, I went 44-4-11 on Quarry earlier, Omnis and Eric both there for it. Was 33 and 3 for a while though. I now understand the appeal of the chopper gunner over the AC130 as well.
 
I personally never used the noob-tube on COD4, the maps were just too small, and the firing arc too eratic for my liking. I've notoced on MW2 that the firing arc is now more stable, but the rounds do less damage than those on COD4.

I personally love using the 'noob-tube' in MW2, because it is an esential tool for some game modes, particularly domination and headquarters. If i spot a bunch of guys taking a point, it is safer, easier, and entirely logical to use the weapon that does the most damage, if that so happens to be the 'forty' you have on your rifle, then I really don't see a problem. I don't just use the 'forty' for killing either, it is also a superb surpression weapon, that, if used correctly can slow or even stop enemeis advancing on your position. If you hate noob-tubers, then you will hate my scavenger M4/203/thumper setup! :sly: :lol:

I'm starting to get a little annoyed with the playlist for Domination. At present it is weighted towards the smaller or very large maps. Over the last week, I have played maybe 20 hours on domination, but I have only played on Terminal, which is my favourite map, maybe 5 or 6 times. In one 5 hour session, it only appeared once! I'm more likely to play on Estate, Derail, Wasteland, and Scrapyard comes up far, far too fequently for my liking.

One last thing. Has anyone noticed the secret challenges? I've had three pop up that are not listed in the barracks, or at least I could not spot them. I forget what two of them were, but I do remember one. Has anyone completed the 'Renaisance Man' challenge? To complete it, you have to kill three people with three different weapons in one life. The reason I think that it was a secret challenge, was because I completed it at around level 20, on my first prestige. Looking in the barracks, there was no challenge that was named that, and at the level I was at.
 
Working my way through these missions on Veteran, it just takes longer and you need to use more cover. That said, I've died a lot.
 
I have been a bit useless as of late and my KD has dropped some what to reflect that, I am confident I will return to form soon though. :)
 
I have noticed that the map rotations are a little bit off as well. I love to play demolition but Karachi pops up WWAAAYY to much. Karachi probably pops up 50% of the time!
 
Since the subject of noob tubes is on topic a bit, has anyone seen a person exploiting the one man army perk to have unlimited grenades for it? My mate just sent me a text complaining about how he keeps running into people shooting tubes from one side of the map over and over. All they are doing is using the one man army perk and soon as they shoot the 2 grenades they switch to that same class and boom, full ammo again. Pretty pathetic if thats what you need to do to get some kills...
 
One of my buddies just told me today that's exactly what he does. I'm thinking McLaren definitely need to add him on his friends list. :lol:

I reached Level 70 just last night, so I'm leveling up the AK47 right now. As soon as I'm done there, I'm probably coming back to PSN to level that account up, so keep an look out for me. :D
 
Well, I had an awesome game earlier...

Was waiting to play on Quarry in Ground War, but at the last second it gets voted and Wasteland comes up. I almost back out but my room mate insisted I'd have a good game...

So I pick my sniper setup (Intervention with FMJ, Akimbo 1887s, Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power, Commando) and go head over to B and hang out in that house. Get my Predator, then get my Harrier (which just dominated) and then call in my Chopper Gunner. At 28 - 0 - 0 before it gets shot down. Snipe a few more people, then some guy busts in and while I get him with the shot guns, his Martyrdom nade kills me. So I start over again... and it works...

Finished the game:

57 - 0 - 3

New killstreak of 32.
 
Pfffft! no assists, you rookie! :lol: Seriously though, I think that might be the scariest score I've ever seen. :D
 
Pfffft! no assists, you rookie! :lol: Seriously though, I think that might be the scariest score I've ever seen. :D

Would have been awesome if I'd had the nuke instead of the Predator missile, as the game would've ended before the scores would've been at 40. It was Domination. Still, had more kills than everyone else combined I think.
 
I had an ACR noobtube headshot last night playing on Skidrow. Guys were coming out of the room with the forklift, so I fired it, and the closest guy was too close for it to be armed yet. So, M203 grenade to the face. :lol:
 
I'm pretty sure I SCAR-noobtubed a guy in the face at Estate yesterday too :lol:
 
Anyone ever shot someone up fairly close with a noob tube and it not go off or do any damage? It has happened to me so many times its ridiculous. Its like I just shot a rock at them at a whopping 120ft per second or something....
 
Anyone ever shot someone up fairly close with a noob tube and it not go off or do any damage? It has happened to me so many times its ridiculous. Its like I just shot a rock at them at a whopping 120ft per second or something....

You can still kill them, but the grenade won't explode.
 
Came across a "booster" in a domination just before... OzzieGunner-xX had a mate that was letting him constantly kill him until he got a nuke. 25-0 vs 0-25, as soon as I saw OzzieGunner-xX was at 17-0 and a guy on the opposing team was 0-18, I knew exactly what was going on.

Wanted to find his mate and camp in their hideyhole so I could kill him first, but he got the nuke off before I could find them :|
 
Came across a "booster" in a domination just before... OzzieGunner-xX had a mate that was letting him constantly kill him until he got a nuke. 25-0 vs 0-25, as soon as I saw OzzieGunner-xX was at 17-0 and a guy on the opposing team was 0-18, I knew exactly what was going on.

Wanted to find his mate and camp in their hideyhole so I could kill him first, but he got the nuke off before I could find them :|
It's always domination or demolition, too....
 
Because those games aren't ended on points through kills... 👍
 
You can still kill them, but the grenade won't explode.

90% of the time when it happens to me it doesn't even effect them, it hits them and then they rip me apart with bullets. Pretty annoying:ouch: But the only time I use the grenade launcher is to finish some type of unlock etc. so its no big deal, was just wondering if it happened to other people much.
 
Since the subject of noob tubes is on topic a bit, has anyone seen a person exploiting the one man army perk to have unlimited grenades for it?

That is no more of an exploit than using the scavenger perk is, because you get extra rounds for the 'forty' using that perk too. AS I have said previously, you don't want to run into my 'scavenger' M4/M203/Thumper setup, that is 'fortytastic'! :lol:

I need to look into the specifics of the one man army perk though, as i think it could have some merits, particularly if it was combined with an assault/ghost setup.
 
Unlocked commando pro, took two awful K/D domination games to do it though - although one featured getting the UAV from melee kills which was kinda funny :lol:
 
Wow, I'm in another big slump. Most games were barely even or in the negative. My best game was 20-11, most games, I couldn't even get 10 kills in a match. I finally start feeling pretty good, then my dumb teammates start getting in my way. They just watch the enemy cross middle of the bridge, flash bang me, when I try to rush the camper in the building, etc. I just had to leave after that. My k/d dropped two points to 1.86, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually 1.85, I just stormed out of there. 👎
 
I'm with you there A6, I've been in a slump the past few days aswell, took forever to get the final 2 level ups to become level 70, and I'm still working for prestige (Though I'm not going to :p).

Now I'm not saying that my scores are necessarily bad, I'm still managing 20+ kills per TDM, it's just my K/D ratio tanked a bit, now I'm struggling to stay positive and getting a lot more deathstreaks.

I've been trying some other guns though, the MG4 is really nice but hard to get used to the recoil with the sights, and a lot of "surefire" kills have been turned around on me :S

I hope I get out of this slump though, as it's sort of funny when I'm talking about how well I had just done then a friend comes in and I tank, do any of you get that?

From,
Chris.
 

I hope I get out of this slump though, as it's sort of funny when I'm talking about how well I had just done then a friend comes in and I tank, do any of you get that?

My and my CoD buddies used to discuss this all the time on CoD4. Might be that we get distracted, maybe some kind of connection issue going in as a party, maybe bad team chemistry. Who knows? Sometimes, we all kick butt, and that can be extra satisfying. Couple of days ago, three of us ran together, and we finished 1-2-3 in many games, that was cool. And seems like very long time ago. :lol:

I got up to level 70 + 1(prestige point) this evening on X360. While my k/d was really bad, there were three, four matches that were more like ugly wins, where we all came out with really messed up k/d ratio, those I can accept. But some games, it was like I didn't even exist! I hope I do better on PSN now.
 
The only reason mine has gone down is because I have been trying to level retarded guns. I am fine otherwise. I was going to post in here earlier that I found a nerd from New Zealand who was tenth prestige (and he was) but then I discovered something not so good. There is a new hack out that makes you appear as tenth prestige when you arent really. It is just a series of button pressings done on a certain savegame. I tried it on another PSN account of mine and it does work, you can unlock all the titles and emblems by doing it and appear tenth prestige. If you see a 'tenth prestige' just think of it as a hack, nothing more. They are skilless.
 
Back