Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,713 views
It was GTP for the win tonight on demolition.
Best night so far for me and thanks to Kai, Warren, Mr V, Geez,(Jon) Marchbrown and KelGt.
See you guys tommorow.

Edit. And anyone else I forgot to mention.
 
Last edited:
It was a good session ;) I enjoyed when we beated those 10th prestige players :sly: I sent some messages with them and they insisted they not cheated, I have a hard time belive that :lol: See you guys tomorrow
 
G.T
Haha, I've stuck one to someone and they ran into a building with 2 others in it once, and they all died. I laughed so hard when that happened. :D

I got stuck with a semtex while creeping through a building at Karachi, and I turned around and knifed the dude in the back for 2,000XP :lol:

From,
Chris.
 
Well, I tired playing again today, and it was't too bad. I made a new class with Marathon, Cold-Blooded, and Commando and change my primary depending on the map. I didn't do too bad with it, I knifed more people today then I have in all the CoDs combined. I use to really worry about my KDR, but now I really don't care anymore so it's not to stressful anymore, well a little :lol:
 
I suppose you have nothing to lose in doing that. The only thing that you could do if you like is sell it on ebay. It is a 60gig right? You could sell that on Ebay for a bit less than the Slim's RRP I think. The person who buys it will more than likely fix it and with the money you can buy a slim. I think that would be your better option.

I have the "1st gen" 80GB which came with the 4 USB ports, the chrome strip, and the card slots. I read somewhere that this kind of PS3(working) would fetch up close to $900 US. They only made them for a short period of time, so they're kind of rare.
 
Yeah, I know what you mean. I still think the thing in my last post will still work, might even work better with the 80gig.
 
I had very embarrassing CoD moment today....... So I went through couple of stretches I could not buy a decent match. On one of those games, going negative, I still managed to get on the game winning kill-cam. With the deathstreak matyrdom. It doesn't get much sadder than that. :lol:
 
I have the "1st gen" 80GB which came with the 4 USB ports, the chrome strip, and the card slots. I read somewhere that this kind of PS3(working) would fetch up close to $900 US. They only made them for a short period of time, so they're kind of rare.

Damn, really? Who wants to buy mine?
 
It was GTP for the win tonight on demolition.
Best night so far for me and thanks to Kai, Warren, Mr V, Geez,(Jon) Marchbrown and KelGt.
See you guys tommorow.

Edit. And anyone else I forgot to mention.

It was a good session ;) I enjoyed when we beated those 10th prestige players :sly: I sent some messages with them and they insisted they not cheated, I have a hard time belive that :lol: See you guys tomorrow

AAAWWWW MAYN!! So thats what I missed... I have a tendency to leave the PS3 on with MW2 in it and then go watch TV or do something else... Before I went to bed I saw a bunch of invites I missed... Oh well, hopefully I can join next time :)👍
 
I had my new favorite thing happen today. I was using my anti-air class, and the enemy called in a Harrier. And then another. I locked on to one and before I fired it moved closer to the second one. BOOM! Two Harrier kills with one Stinger, where's the challenge for that!
 
Well - after listening to alot of your advice i am now almost always positive K/D on team deathmatch ! and my K/D ratio is 1.09 - best streak is 20

Started using FAMAS too and it rocks !

Seen alot of people complaining (might just be xbox) about rapid fire & unlimited ammo grenade launchers & private match glitches (not 100% sure what these are) - think poeple are getting EXP and boosting their rank & stats !

Why do these people want to ruin games for everyone?

And i wish IW would be more prompt with their patches !

Last but not least there is rumour about the 1887's getting nerfed which would be just super !
 
I had my new favorite thing happen today. I was using my anti-air class, and the enemy called in a Harrier. And then another. I locked on to one and before I fired it moved closer to the second one. BOOM! Two Harrier kills with one Stinger, where's the challenge for that!

I did something very similar, but with a HIND and a Harrier. Awesome, isn't it? :D
 
I had my new favorite thing happen today. I was using my anti-air class, and the enemy called in a Harrier. And then another. I locked on to one and before I fired it moved closer to the second one. BOOM! Two Harrier kills with one Stinger, where's the challenge for that!
I had that happen with a Javelin once, didnt think twice that there should be a challenge. Now that you mention it though, there really should be:grumpy:.

@barryl85 (Sorry forgot to quote), I am kinda unsure about the 1887 patch, it is needed but I have fun with them too :sly:.
 
Well - after listening to alot of your advice i am now almost always positive K/D on team deathmatch ! and my K/D ratio is 1.09 - best streak is 20

Started using FAMAS too and it rocks !

Seen alot of people complaining (might just be xbox) about rapid fire & unlimited ammo grenade launchers & private match glitches (not 100% sure what these are) - think poeple are getting EXP and boosting their rank & stats !

Why do these people want to ruin games for everyone?

And i wish IW would be more prompt with their patches !

Last but not least there is rumour about the 1887's getting nerfed which would be just super !

Yup most of those are XBox problems, I think, after reading the IW forums... The private match one is for sure... If you read around on the IW forum you will see the hacking is getting out of hand and boosting is also a plague... kind of sad actually that so many people resort to dirty tactics to level up as fast as possible... I even read rumors there that an Aim-bot has been created for the PS3 version of MW2 which puts little boxes around all the enemies and you can let it aim for you automatically.... if that gets out its going to be really tense in the MW2 world...
 
Heard about the aimbots on COD4 before but never encountered any on the xbox - might have been PC Only?

But i cant understand why people want to ruin these games !

I was looking at the leaderboards on Xbox and the number 1 guy has something like 120,000 kills and under 1200 deaths - how that is even possible is beyond me.
 
I did something very similar, but with a HIND and a Harrier. Awesome, isn't it? :D

I had that happen with a Javelin once, didnt think twice that there should be a challenge. Now that you mention it though, there really should be:grumpy:.

It was indeed very awesome. I didn't know what happened at first because another guy fired a rocket shortly after I did. But +600 popped up on the screen and then 2 of those (NAME) Destroyed Harrier messages and they were both me. I had destroyed probably 100 choppers and harriers, and this is the first any of them were close to each other.
 
While Nigel is only slightly less useless.
To be honest, he's very useful... if you need target practise.

Had a competition this evening. Sadly didn't make it to the next round.
13 persons, 20 minutes of FFA on Afghan. Only the best 7 continue to the next round based on # of kills.
Best player ended up with 109 kills. I ended up with 78 on place 9.

Had the best kill/death ratio, but they don't look at that.
Only had 53 kills, while all the rest had at least 73 kills. Person with the most deaths (99) made it to the next round with 93 kills.
I don't know how you can play so quickly. I always try to stay alive as long as possible.

edit: the person who won the round really deserves the win though. He came in a couple of minutes late :)
 
I always try to stay alive as long as possible.

I do the same, I really don't care if I had 27 kills if I ended up having 19 deaths:dunce: I try to die as little as possible and still get decent kills. I wish there was a mode to where you got deducted points for dying!
 
Someone has to get a K: D < 1 for you to get a K: D > 1. Penalizing new players or poor players isn't really in the spirit of the game. :)
 
like breakpoint said: make a mode for it. He didn't say all the modes have to penalize 'unlucky' players.
 
I don't really care for K/D ratio, unless I'm in a TDM, in which case I'll try to avoid getting killed; but the tradeoff there is I don't score many kills when I do that :lol:

In the other game modes where your K/D ratio is less important - such as Domination, Demolition, HQ etc - I tend to die a bit more, but I also score more kills. Just went 20-0-12 in a Favela domination, whereas in a TDM I'd be more likely to go 5-0-7...
 
I <3 the FAL. Just started using it again with Cold-Blooded, Marathon, and Commando and It's great. I've gotten 20+ kills everytime I've used it so far, which is weird since it's semi auto.
 
I suck at getting on the roof of Highrise. I cannot jump onto the side of the window washing platform to save my life.
 
I can't stand the 3-round burst guns, I hate them with a passion :/
 
I can't stand the 3-round burst guns, I hate them with a passion :/


I love the M16, with stopping power all it takes is that one trigger pull and they are down.
 
Yup most of those are XBox problems, I think, after reading the IW forums... The private match one is for sure... If you read around on the IW forum you will see the hacking is getting out of hand and boosting is also a plague... kind of sad actually that so many people resort to dirty tactics to level up as fast as possible... I even read rumors there that an Aim-bot has been created for the PS3 version of MW2 which puts little boxes around all the enemies and you can let it aim for you automatically.... if that gets out its going to be really tense in the MW2 world...
I am pretty sure the private match glitch is PS3, I dont know how to do it on Xbox.

The grenade launcher thing is 360 only for now. I use nextgenboards to check these things :p.
http://www.nextgenboards.com/vb/cal...s/51451-now-this-would-totally-screw-mw2.html
There is infinate ammo on tonnes of stuff in that video. Luckily for me, still 360. If you look at Robert Bowling's twitter you can see that he is saying there is a lot of updates in the works.

EDIT: Turns out the private match glitch is on both consoles, 360 is mainly the one giving xp in it.
 
Anyone got platnium on this game yet?

I have
 
Last but not least there is rumour about the 1887's getting nerfed which would be just super !

Do you have a link ? Because that is awesome. I hate those shotguns so much but my friend won't be happy because he uses them on each of his classes. Either way this is good rumour.

Edit: Screw Nextgenboards. Those guys are ruining the online experience.
 
Last edited:
Back