Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,427 views
http://twitter.com/diehalo/status/6681513473
@fourzerotwo are u ever gonna nerf akimbo 1887's they are ruining the game
http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/6681610133
@diehalo Yeah. There will be changes made. I'll have more info soon.

There you have it. :)
 
I don't mind the 1887's, but the range on them is just unrealistic IMO.
 
Anyone got platnium on this game yet?

I have
Yay, finally, all the offline you were doing finally comes to an end. I bet some of the Spec Ops were hard :p. Were you doing the all Veteran trophy last night?
 
Anyone got platnium on this game yet?

I have

I only have 2 trophies to get, both are Spec-Ops. The 3 stars on 15 missions (I have 3 on 12) and all 69 stars.
 
So, what do you reckon will happen by way of nerfing? Remove akimbo from the Model 1887s completely, or severely blunt the range? Akimbo Rangers have what you could call a "decent" range for akimbo shotguns... :)
 
I think akimbo 1887's range rivals that of UMP's. It is so friggin annoying when I get hit by them from like a block away. 👎 It wouldn't break my heart if Infinity Ward cripple its' range closer to that of the Rangers.

I came across the most loaded team I've seen so far in MW2. They were loud, they sounded cocky, they ALL had prestige emblems I have no idea how high. Our team, no prestiges, we won. Can't remember the exact score, but it wasn't close. :lol: Game high guy, on our team, he was level 48. He finished 29-4-14(or 13 deaths, can't remember). I, at level 47 finished 29-1-7. When two guys from the other team finish with 29 kill a piece in team deathmatch, you know you got yours handed to you. I'm guessing those guys were just using that emblem cheat. What the heck for? To intimidate the other team in the lobby, and get your tail kicked in by the other team once the actual match starts? :confused: At least Tsukuba has the game to back it up some. :D
 
Shotgun range test (Master = AR shotgun attachment)
shotd.jpg

Farther from red line = better

1887s have at least double the range of the AA-12 and M1014; and close to triple that of the Rangers :scared: On that basis, IW should chop the range of the 1887s in half.


Source: http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=417 (also has some interesting recoil tests, the ACR is literally a laser that shoots bullets :eek: )
 
So, what do you reckon will happen by way of nerfing? Remove akimbo from the Model 1887s completely, or severely blunt the range? Akimbo Rangers have what you could call a "decent" range for akimbo shotguns... :)
I think they should just bring it down to something like the Spas 12.

I just had the most epic game winning killcam in TDM ever. I planted a claymore not knowing how close the game was to finishing and it was at the top of a staircase. One enemy walked right near it and it didnt set off, another ran up and it also didnt set for him. The first enemy then tried to shoot me but instead shot the claymore and killed the second enemy which then created the most epic winning kill in the world.

On another note, I have always wanted collateral kills since I got the game and yesterday when I was playing on a 2 bar connection with a6 I got one. A few hours later with a6 again I get my second one. 2 in one day! Then today I got another 2, bringing my count to 4 in just 2 days :dunce:.
 
Shotgun range test (Master = AR shotgun attachment)
shotd.jpg

Farther from red line = better

1887s have at least double the range of the AA-12 and M1014; and close to triple that of the Rangers :scared: On that basis, IW should chop the range of the 1887s in half.


Source: http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=417 (also has some interesting recoil tests, the ACR is literally a laser that shoots bullets :eek: )

Are the other shotties smooth bore? Because the 1887 is, and if it shoots slugs instead of shot then that explains the range.
 
They don't appear to fire slugs in this game.

Thank god they're doing something about the 1887s. I want to tear my hair out getting killed so far away by them. A pet peeve of mine also is diehard GL people, just annoys me. I only use GL when i'm leveling a gun and granted some may be using it just for that purpose but sometimes it's obvious they're not. I wonder if they're also fixing the Javelin glitch although that's calmed down considerably.
 
can someone tell me how it is possible for the leader on the PS3 to be Rank 4 and have score lead?????

Chris
 
I wonder if they're also fixing the Javelin glitch although that's calmed down considerably.
They patched that in 1.06 ;).

can someone tell me how it is possible for the leader on the PS3 to be Rank 4 and have score lead?????

Chris
They are hardcore hackers of the gods mate. Trust me, there is going to be alot of updates for this game soon, the people at IW even say so.

I forgot to mention earlier but this morning on Estate I was in a building and I randomly died. I looked at the killcam and I got killed by what looks like a wall mounted telephone :dunce:. That was a cool death :sly:.
 
I tell ya, I've been keeping heaven packed with fresh souls lately! :lol: My K/D ratio has jumped to nigh on 2.12.

I went 51-0-5 @ earlier doing Terminal Domination in a masterful display of tactical superiority. As is the case though, only 15 - 20 of those kills were actually from the muzzle of my rather excellent RPD, the remainder were from a brace of Predators, twin harriers, and twin chopper gunners. Four of the deaths were during the 'Johnny Rambo' phase I like to intiate after I have used all of my kill streak rewards. I like to see how many tango's I can take with me as I go out blastin' like Yosamite Sam! :lol: I also went 21-0-4 with a naked M93 during hardcore headquarters, that was a challenge and a half!

Apologies to A6, Crazy Joe, and Omnis, for not accepting their game invites, but when I get in the zone, I'm in the zone.

Does anyone know if that javelin bug works with the RPG? I had some guy repeatedly kill me with that boomstick many times yesterday, and it looked exactly like the way the javelin bug.
 
Does anyone know if that javelin bug works with the RPG? I had some guy repeatedly kill me with that boomstick many times yesterday, and it looked exactly like the way the javelin bug.


The javelin glitch was patched on the last update, all the other exploits will be patched within a week or so I bet. Why don't they just make a dedicated server for people who want to mod like they have on PC games? That would make all of this so simple. If you get caught modding in a regular game, lifetime console ban, problem solved.
 
Well, I had my first perfect game last night. Right after some GTP'ers left the party too :lol:

35 - 2 - 0 on Underpass in a Domination game. Was pretty funny how I didn't die either, as I was hiding in the grass over in that spawn area by A, and when I stopped using it some guy was right in front of me doing the same thing, so I just knifed him (imagine his suprise).

Still have yet to call in a Nuke though :(
 
Was JUST about to post that, had it copied and everything. It is good news, very good news.
 
Yay, finally, all the offline you were doing finally comes to an end. I bet some of the Spec Ops were hard :p. Were you doing the all Veteran trophy last night?

Well my friend did most of the work and I copied his save :p

Then I had to do the story on recruit and get the vet trophies.
 
Apologies to A6, Crazy Joe, and Omnis, for not accepting their game invites, but when I get in the zone, I'm in the zone.
No sweat. We just try to pick up gtplanet members if they happened to be on. 👍
 
This game is 👎 again. I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people have no skill. I mean come, why do people have to run around with the M203 in close quarters? It makes no sense and gets really annoying.

One question, has anybody went to knife somebody and he does the movement and the noise, but the other person kills you first. Its happened a couple times to me, and I have the commando perk.
 
That is lag mate, it happens to everyone.
 
I'm sure I have. I'm quite an expert at getting outknifed. :crazy:
 
Yea, I figured it was lag, lag sucks:grumpy:. I have to admit, knifing people is WAY more fun with commando. I never used my knife, but now I use it all the time :D
 
This game is 👎 again. I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people have no skill. I mean come, why do people have to run around with the M203 in close quarters? It makes no sense and gets really annoying.

Makes perfect sense. It kills. Which I imagine is why are annoyed. It takes skill to use that thing effectively with the long reload times.
 
However, Scavenger/Sleight of Hand + Danger Close turns the M203 from a pain in the backside to something downright lethal. Sleight of Hand removes some most of the skill needed to use it effectively.

I should know, I was just using it :lol: (but only to unlock Danger Close Pro, mind you; and with Scav not SoH)
 
Which I think is a setup I mentioned earlier in here. That use I ton on domination games because it lets me clear points with ease even when groups are trying to take them.
 
Wasn't M203 a M16 with the grenade launcher? What is it in MW2?
 
I've never tried it with that Danger perk. Actually, I've never tried that perk. I'm gonna have to play around a bit with that one next time.
 
Back