Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 487,073 views
How about doing that to half their team? I love doing that, but I know they some file complaint on XBL. "Unsporting", they say. Give me a break. :lol: I had a guy call me out on PSN, last night. "a6, whatever, he's a camper", blah, blah, blah. I was on Afghan covering all the way from the cave to the pipeline. That's some big camping spot, but whatever. I get my clantag up to say [tear]. That one got good laugh from the lobby, and the baby stopped crying, too. :D

I've been playing on PSN last two nights, but it's been a rollercoaster. First night, it skyrockets at first. I think it was 1.95 or something to start with, but ups to 1.98, then I join one of my CoD buddy dude from Cal(he has the highest k/d on my friends list). While he & his clan buddies are doing pretty decent, my k/d goes from 1.98 to 1.92. I was up nearly 24 hours, so I'm sticking to this excuse. My UMP class did bring my game back, but still finished the night at 1.92.

Then this afternoon, matchmaking pulls the very famous "WTF" on us. Eventually, everybody on the other team is a "bar" to "chevron" ranks. My k/d is nearly double digit in some of the matches. I went in thinking that my k/d would stay at 1.92, because I'm overachieving as it is. I milked this cow for a very long time...... Finally, I had to leave, and my k/d was at 1.99! Yeah, those were fair teams. :lol:
 
Is it just me or does the Spas, like the akimbo Models pre-patch, have insane range? I scored a headshot with it on a guy a good 20m away behind a bunch of metal barrels :lol:
 
I was a lover of the frag for a while to begin with.
I liked to bounce them in off doorways and try to get kills from some crazy angles....

Yes, I noticed, Mr. Across-the-Entire-Map-Into-the-Doorway-I-Was-Just-Walking-Through-on-Karachi.
 
I have been having trouble with the party system like always on PSN. I will have a group of 4 and when the match starts one or two will have been put into a different game, wtf.

I had great matches on SND though:

Kills: 3000
Challenge: 12500
Bonus: 3000
Total: 19500

Kills: 9000
Challenge: 4500
Bonus: 7000
Total: 21111 (I know it doesnt add, cant remember the other scores correctly)
15-0-2 on Derail

I went very very well tonight and had great fun 👍.
 
I have been having trouble with the party system like always on PSN. I will have a group of 4 and when the match starts one or two will have been put into a different game, wtf.

We are trying to figure something out with this.

Were you all invited to the prematch lobby or were some invited in game but between matches?
Players who join or were invited in match seem to get bounced around between the teams.
I don't recall friends being booted out into another match altogether though.

We have found if you get your team into the lobby first, start the match then nobody gets seperated.

I do like that the fact that the game's matchmaking system will put me in a lobby with equally ranked players.

I'm only at rank 50 or so and when I team up with a certain friend (3rd prestige, prolly more now) I come up against a lot of prestiged players and become cannon fodder.
Needless to say we don't team up much any more.

I'm bad enough as it is and unlike VEXD I find it no fun at all, being cannon fodder that is.
 
I have been having trouble with the party system like always on PSN. I will have a group of 4 and when the match starts one or two will have been put into a different game, wtf.


Don't blame it on sony, this is actually a IW problem. It does the exact same thing on breakbox 360:crazy:
 
First we had the Javelin needing a patch. Then the overranged 1887s. Stepping in to fill their shoes is the .44 Magnum.

I've been cross-map headshotted with this several times today in the time it's taken me to see the enemy move from cover and bring the sniper rifle up (and once while I was actually already aiming through the thermal scope) and one guy was running around using it exclusively.
 
First we had the Javelin needing a patch. Then the overranged 1887s. Stepping in to fill their shoes is the .44 Magnum.

I've been cross-map headshotted with this several times today in the time it's taken me to see the enemy move from cover and bring the sniper rifle up (and once while I was actually already aiming through the thermal scope) and one guy was running around using it exclusively.

Really? Maybe you need stopping power, because when I would use the magnum it was terrible. I got more kills shooting from the hip.
 
Speaking of the Magnum, has anyone noticed Level1 players running around with Magnums? I've seen it a few times this week, and usually at the start of the match when running behind someone who just spawned in, there's no way it could be picked up off a dead body either.

And seriously if you're going to cheat to get a weapon why the Magnum? I'd get the ACR if I had my choice of weapons at Level 1 :p

From,
Chris.
 
First we had the Javelin needing a patch. Then the overranged 1887s. Stepping in to fill their shoes is the .44 Magnum.

I've been cross-map headshotted with this several times today in the time it's taken me to see the enemy move from cover and bring the sniper rifle up (and once while I was actually already aiming through the thermal scope) and one guy was running around using it exclusively.

Reason #15781957981 as to why you need a decent QA programme. Knowing the huge success of the title, they should've had a big test group to iron out these issues.
 
Speaking of the Magnum, has anyone noticed Level1 players running around with Magnums? I've seen it a few times this week, and usually at the start of the match when running behind someone who just spawned in, there's no way it could be picked up off a dead body either.

And seriously if you're going to cheat to get a weapon why the Magnum? I'd get the ACR if I had my choice of weapons at Level 1 :p

From,
Chris.

One of the default classes that everyone has access to has the Magnum as the secondary weapon I believe.
 
I think I may of got to the bottom of the random lag issue that seems to pop up from time to time in MW2. You know, the one, you shoot half a clip into his ass, and he doesn't die, but when you look at the scoreboard you have full green bars...

Well, those full green bars are lying to you. If you want to know your actual connection quality, do this. The instant you enter the match pull up the scoreboard and look at how many bars you have. What ever you have at that moment, regardless of how many it changes to, is what you will have all game. So if you see yellow or orange, you know your going to have a crap game. 👍

Connection quality description.

The orange blob: MW2 slideshow.
Two yellow bars: WTF!? I unloaded half a clip in his ass, and he took it and smiled.
Three green bars: A routine round.
Raging 4 bars: He's dead all ready, and your proably the host!

We are trying to figure something out with this.

Were you all invited to the prematch lobby or were some invited in game but between matches?
Players who join or were invited in match seem to get bounced around between the teams.
I don't recall friends being booted out into another match altogether though.

We have found if you get your team into the lobby first, start the match then nobody gets seperated.

You are correct in your assumptions pal. If you get all your mats in BEFORE you start the game then you 'should' (See below), all start on the same side, assuming that there are less than six of you.

Yesterday, one of my clan members kept getting put into a different game to the rest of us. None of us could figure out why, but we are thinknig it has something to do with the NAT type you have. We all have an open NAT, the guy that went somewhere else didn't. We could be wrong, but it seems like the most probable case.

Did you also know that you can keep your party if you exit a game in a certain way? If the guy who first formed the party exits first, everyone who exits after him will form back up in his party, ready to go again! 👍
 
Reason #15781957981 as to why you need a decent QA programme. Knowing the huge success of the title, they should've had a big test group to iron out these issues.


Whats ridiculous about IW this go around is that they did have "testers", just not what your speaking of. They picked a handful of people at the other site I am part of called mapmonkeys to do glitch testing to find glitches before they game came out. A good bit were found and fixed, some were found and kept secret. What they really should have done is just release a beta like WAW did, they fixed a few things just from that. Don't know if IW just had a big head going into the project because of how well COD4 did or what but they seem slightly arrogant now to me.


edit:Pretty funny
 
Last edited:
I think I may of got to the bottom of the random lag issue that seems to pop up from time to time in MW2. You know, the one, you shoot half a clip into his ass, and he doesn't die, but when you look at the scoreboard you have full green bars...
I find this hard to believe, but I've also had games like that on many occasions. I'm getting pwn'd like I have poor connection, yet, I go check the screen only to see full four, five, whatever full green bars.
Did you also know that you can keep your party if you exit a game in a certain way? If the guy who first formed the party exits first, everyone who exits after him will form back up in his party, ready to go again! 👍
When we play, this is exactly how we try(miscommunication can happen :p) to exit the lobby. Party leader yell to back out, or we yell at the party leader to back out.
What they really should have done is just release a beta like WAW did, they fixed a few things just from that. Don't know if IW just had a big head going into the project because of how well COD4 did or what but they seem slightly arrogant now to me.
I was also hoping for a beta, but when I bring up the exactly same argument, my coworker reminds me about how I quit on WaW because of the glitchers. Those guys shooting me from underneath the maps, they did it in the full version, too.
 
I find this hard to believe, but I've also had games like that on many occasions. I'm getting pwn'd like I have poor connection, yet, I go check the screen only to see full four, five, whatever full green bars.

Well, all I can say is to field test this theroy yourself. Check the scorboard as you enter the map, then play the game, and examine your performance in the round. This theory has stood upright In every round myself and my clan have played in since we discovered the problem.

I also believe that this issue was caused by a previous update, because it was not present when the game was first released. I am trying to think back to which update it was, since we have had so many it is hard to remember, but it was the update BEFORE the one that altered the way the game looks for matches. 👍
 
Knowing the huge success of the title, they should've had a big test group to iron out these issues.
They do. ;)

The people that bought the game. :lol:
 
I was also hoping for a beta, but when I bring up the exactly same argument, my coworker reminds me about how I quit on WaW because of the glitchers. Those guys shooting me from underneath the maps, they did it in the full version, too.


I did it on the beta and also sometimes in HC to unlock something for a certain gun, yeah I know I'm horrible:indiff: My favorite thing was to get into bootcamp via glitch and just murder everyone in there since I was the highest you could go and everyone was new to boot, so fun. They patch stuff fairly quick though, there was only 1 wall rub that you could do to get under 1 map on WaW the last time I played it which was months ago ( I sold it for 10 dollars because I hated it!) They only took about 3 weeks to patch that one. IW is patching stuff very quickly though, as soon as people find something of course they post it on youtube and it gets patched fast. You know how they patched the 1887's? Put bling on them.....it does something to where the patch isn't effective when they have bling so they are right back to the way they were with it:dopey:
 
Did you know that you can kill a hostage by throwing a grenade on him without it even exploding? :D
 
Had some good matches. I've noticed more and more people camping though.
To the point where I shot a teammate in the head because he kept going to the same spot over and over again.
 
We are trying to figure something out with this.

Were you all invited to the prematch lobby or were some invited in game but between matches?
Players who join or were invited in match seem to get bounced around between the teams.
I don't recall friends being booted out into another match altogether though.

We have found if you get your team into the lobby first, start the match then nobody gets seperated.
Yeah, we know that. Go to the first screen and invite all your friends and then fine a game. The problem is that it merges so many bloody times, we will merge once and it will be fine but sometimes it merges up to 3times more and that is when you lose players from your party. Sometimes they dont even make it into the first lobby and you have to go back to party just to put them back in again :crazy:.


Don't blame it on sony, this is actually a IW problem. It does the exact same thing on breakbox 360:crazy:
I am not, I was saying I was having the problem on PSN/ PS3.


I think I may of got to the bottom of the random lag issue that seems to pop up from time to time in MW2. You know, the one, you shoot half a clip into his ass, and he doesn't die, but when you look at the scoreboard you have full green bars...

Well, those full green bars are lying to you. If you want to know your actual connection quality, do this. The instant you enter the match pull up the scoreboard and look at how many bars you have. What ever you have at that moment, regardless of how many it changes to, is what you will have all game. So if you see yellow or orange, you know your going to have a crap game. 👍

Yesterday, one of my clan members kept getting put into a different game to the rest of us. None of us could figure out why, but we are thinknig it has something to do with the NAT type you have. We all have an open NAT, the guy that went somewhere else didn't. We could be wrong, but it seems like the most probable case.

Did you also know that you can keep your party if you exit a game in a certain way? If the guy who first formed the party exits first, everyone who exits after him will form back up in his party, ready to go again! 👍
The only thing that I have noticed with the 'good connection' servers that arent good is that they actually jitter and jump alot. That is how I tell that it isnt up to scratch.

As for party seperation, have you noticed that when they get seperated it almost always goes to an Identical match? If it showed Karachi Demolition in the lobby they will probably get put into another Karachi Demolition server.



@Dustdriver, sorry forgot you mate: Yesterday there was an idiot on my friends team (I got seperated and had to join on the other team), he was camping in the same 3 spots with an M21 Thermal. I would always run through the same building and he would be sitting in the window, knife and kill him, behind is ALWAYS a tactical insertion. I stand next to it and he spawns spraying his m21, I knife. In all his spots I think I must have gotten 10 kills off of him, the tactical was always in the same spot :sly:.
 
Anyone else had a Character Location Error before that has stopped the entire game?

It pops up with a message and some co-ordinates in red numbers, then the game ends and everyone is placed back into the game lobby until the next match starts.

It's probably not called a Character Location Error but it is along those lines.
 
Had the same error earlier in a game, right after I spawned.
 
I've had it countless times at any point in the game, it is rather frustrating if your on a nice killstreak or the game is just going well for you.

Latest Callsign:
callsigngeneratorphp.png


I only unlocked "The Bigger They Are..." a few hours before this.
 
They matched me with bunch of noobies again. :p:tup: Two games, I went along the lines of 30-3, and that bumped me up from 1.99 to 2.02, THEN, TheCracker comes into the match, I think I finished one under even. Something like 12-13. :lol: Dan(Cracker) called it a stage fright, but I didn't even know he was there until we finished the match! lol
Well, all I can say is to field test this theroy yourself. Check the scorboard as you enter the map, then play the game, and examine your performance in the round. This theory has stood upright In every round myself and my clan have played in since we discovered the problem.
Not trying to doubt you, I've had same experiences. But in my case, I have had the same thing happen in CoD4. Five(or four, whatever) full bars, I KNOW I got the guy, but I'm the one who dies. Watch the replay, and I'm shooting a good meter or two too wide, like you do when you are lagging. Boy, I do cry a lot, don't I? :p
yeah I know I'm horrible:indiff:
You are, man. I can't even talk to you right now! :D
 
Guys, I think I'm getting a PS3 Slim for Christmas, and my dad sent out the PS3 to repair. :D This means I'll see you guys in MW2 soon! It's been almost three weeks since it broke down. I'm excited. :)
 
Whats ridiculous about IW this go around is that they did have "testers", just not what your speaking of. They picked a handful of people at the other site I am part of called mapmonkeys to do glitch testing to find glitches before they game came out. A good bit were found and fixed, some were found and kept secret. What they really should have done is just release a beta like WAW did, they fixed a few things just from that. Don't know if IW just had a big head going into the project because of how well COD4 did or what but they seem slightly arrogant now to me.


edit:Pretty funny

I'm very anti-public betas. The damage to the brand can be horrific, gamers are a fickle lot and impressions don't tend to die young.

The game is huge, an un unprecedented scale. I've rarely gone on-line and found under 300,000 players on-line. The game has current sales figures of something like 13 million. That's a lot of gamers, a lot of different playing styles. Different gamers will find different problems.

Of course, bug-fixing sounds a lot simpler than it often is (the range of those shotgun things can be excluded on this.). I'd say time-frame played a major role in the issues of this, I can't imagine the IW QA leads didn't have the knowledge and experience to thoroughly test the game, but it does concern me that the biggest budgeted game in the history of computer games has had so many issues with this part of the game. For this scale, it's not easy, and yes problems will get through (they always do, in any game), just surprised that the core of the on-line experience (joining other people) was so fractious and broken at time of release. (Especially given that the rumours are (may be confirmed I don't know, not looked in to it in-depth) that the problems only occured when North America came on-line.)

Have there been many bugs in the SP/Spec Ops modes? I've not noticed anything wrong with either mode. Just MP.
 
I am not, I was saying I was having the problem on PSN/ PS3.

I knew it came out like I was saying you were blaming them in text form, I was just saying don't jump to that conclusion because its on both systems. Wasn't saying you were:tup:

Have there been many bugs in the SP/Spec Ops modes? I've not noticed anything wrong with either mode. Just MP.

Only glitches I and anyone else on mapmonkeys have been able to find is the typical out of maps, which aren't technically glitches, just creative jumping to get out and or under the map. The only "glitch" we have found is on the wetwork stage in spec when you plant that first breach charge if you restart the level as soon as it blows when you restart you will be playing the entire level in the slow mo that it does while the door is blowing to bits. Might take a minute to get it to work because you have to time it right, kinda cool little find though.
 
Guys, I think I'm getting a PS3 Slim for Christmas, and my dad sent out the PS3 to repair. :D This means I'll see you guys in MW2 soon! It's been almost three weeks since it broke down. I'm excited. :)
Has it been that long? As I typed this, somebody got blown up by a claymore in season five of "Lost". No ACR though. Looks like they have WaW era weapons, other than the claymores. :lol:
 
I got a PSN message last night from one disgruntled player who called me a camper.
I replied and asked exactly how was i camping and the reply was i had the cold blooded perk on. I apologised for having this perk on and replied what camping really is and his rant was that your whole team was camping because we kicked their little bums on about 5 games when they were 8-9 prestiged.
 
Back