Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,972 views
95% off the time there is no lag as long as its being hosted from the UK.

Excellent, thats my main problem, many of my friends are in the US and Aus so i daren't play with them for fear of lag. I mean I don't mind them joining me but I don't fancy being in a lag fest :lol:. Luckily I have some regular UK buddies to, but my most common partner is as new as me to MW2, and newer to his ps3 and such, got it just before Xmas.
 
At the very least, limit each player to a maximum of three flares per match. Makes it impossible to boost to a nuke without getting your hands dirty at some point, unless you were in Ground War - but you'd still need the entire opposing team (9x3 = 27) filled with your nuke boost buddies even in a GW match.

That would actually be a better idea! 👍 IW could also stop teammates late joining, unless they joined on the same team as their friends. That would help too. 👍

To be honest, I can't see circle being a good option unless you crab the control in your hands like myself, otherwise you have to stop changing your direction to melee, you only have 2 thumbs.

You gotta love the tactical layout! 👍 I always play with melee mapped to the circle button, I love my stances too much have them relegated to a face button.

Drag, do you use your fingers to play MW2? I use mine, and find that it is FAR superior to using two usless thumbs! 👍

I think you're looking for "Underpass" ;)

I hate that map, I always do hopelessly pathetic there. Sniping doesn't work, knifing doesn't work, AUG'ing doesn't work :/

I used to hate Underpass until I discovered the long grass. Much fun can be had blending in and out of the environment there. Of course I play hardcore, on core, I doubt the same fun could be had. 👍
 
Excellent, thats my main problem, many of my friends are in the US and Aus so i daren't play with them for fear of lag. I mean I don't mind them joining me but I don't fancy being in a lag fest :lol:. Luckily I have some regular UK buddies to, but my most common partner is as new as me to MW2, and newer to his ps3 and such, got it just before Xmas.

See you tonight anytime after 8pm till the early hours of the morning.
 
You gotta love the tactical layout! 👍 I always play with melee mapped to the circle button, I love my stances too much have them relegated to a face button.

Drag, do you use your fingers to play MW2? I use mine, and find that it is FAR superior to using two usless thumbs! 👍

I used to hate Underpass until I discovered the long grass. Much fun can be had blending in and out of the environment there. Of course I play hardcore, on core, I doubt the same fun could be had. 👍

I'm all fingers and thumbs with mine, literally at times I'm only NOT using my little fingers. Thumbs on the sticks, then usually index and middle fingers on the Rs and Ls, alternating with the index hitting the face and dpad when I need to, middle fingers on an L and R.

Underpass is a map I hated at first, but I've learnt places which work for me, I like the rain to, nice bit of atmosphere.

See you tonight anytime after 8pm till the early hours of the morning.

Will do, I have to shut my headset off around 9:30 - 10pm, tell a lie, I can't use the microphone but I can listen in, for the sake of parents. When I'm back at uni Thursday onwards though, I'll be fine all night.
 
I take it I can't switch off the music?
I can't concentrate well in the MP if there is music. And I can hear less well the enemies obviously.
 
I take it I can't switch off the music?
I can't concentrate well in the MP if there is music. And I can hear less well the enemies obviously.

Music :confused: I don't recall that MW2 has any music programmed to play during either SP or MP... unless I turned it off in my sleep, which I suppose is possible. On 2nd thought, there's no music so you don't need to be concerned.
 
So Hans Zimmer composed.. no music? :p

Or are you suggesting that "I'm hearing "music" in my head"? hahah
 
So Hans Zimmer composed.. no music? :p

Or are you suggesting that "I'm hearing "music" in my head"? hahah

Good point. In SP during the interludes and mission setups yes there is music, so you got me there :). However during gameplay it is all gunfire, voices and the expected ambient noises (explosions, footsteps, aircraft, wind blowing, chickens, metal creaking, etc). And I'll leave what you hear in your head to you ;)
 
We are both right. Sometimes there's music and somethimes there isn't. But I rather only have music in menu's. I wish I could turn it off.
 
There is the start and end round music in multiplayer AND there is random music when a team is about 3/4s of the way to winning on domination, possibly time related, possibly score related, but I sense it's in other modes but I just haven't noticed.
 
Start and End, win and lose, music starts playing at a minute left to go in timed matches (After the "We're Winning/Pick it up!" voice), and at about 160 points in domination (for the winning team)

From,
Chris.
 
Completely believe you guys. I suppose I've been away from the game long enough, haven't played since 12/24, that I've lost that particular recollection. FWIW to the original question either way, for me, the music has never felt like an intrusion on the gameplay. Which I suppose is obvious since I can't even remember it :lol:
 
Completely believe you guys. I suppose I've been away from the game long enough, haven't played since 12/24, that I've lost that particular recollection. FWIW to the original question either way, for me, the music has never felt like an intrusion on the gameplay. Which I suppose is obvious since I can't even remember it :lol:

Yeah well I haven't played online much and I'm not good. But I think why it stood out to me is that I joined a game like at the end and there was music almost all the time for a minute so that was a little annoying. But when you're playing a match for a long time and you get to the end you are immersed into the game so much you don't notice the music anymore I guess.

Though it's good in a way that they have put in music because most sound effects suck haha.
 
Dragonistic add me as a friend GTP_uk86ze.
Theres always over 6 of us from GTP playing on every night, cold blooded and smoke screens are plenty on our teams.
Normal bunch is me, MR Volcano, Fairplay, LP2k, Theewar , MR geez,Marchbrown and a few others.


I would play with you guys, Im from AUS but I can deal with the lag. Just wondering what account Volcano uses, I have his GTP one added which he hasnt used for 4 months, I would delete that one and add the other so I can jump in with you guys.

This is from the Funny Pic Thread but I thought I would post it here:
GM
 
I make a face like that, when I'm getting screwed in team deathmatches. But not when I'm getting screwed big time, then it's more along the line of: :mad:🤬:banghead:
Yeah well I haven't played online much and I'm not good. But I think why it stood out to me is that I joined a game like at the end and there was music almost all the time for a minute so that was a little annoying. But when you're playing a match for a long time and you get to the end you are immersed into the game so much you don't notice the music anymore I guess.

Though it's good in a way that they have put in music because most sound effects suck haha.
It's really annoying at the end, because you can't hear their footsteps. I wish I could turn them off!
Underpass is a map I hated at first, but I've learnt places which work for me, I like the rain to, nice bit of atmosphere.
Speaking of rain, I really miss downpour. I miss majority of the maps from CoD4, actually. Good times. :indiff:
 
I would play with you guys, Im from AUS but I can deal with the lag. Just wondering what account Volcano uses, I have his GTP one added which he hasnt used for 4 months, I would delete that one and add the other so I can jump in with you guys.

Mr Volcano uses DinSokk online as PSN account when he's playing MW2... So that could be right that you havent seen his original account online in a while... :)
 
Yeah I deleted his GTP account to make room for DinSokk which is now added.
 
Hmmm... I'm surprised that nobody has brought this up before, but has anyone noticed the subtle and poignant, tribute that IW have placed in the SP campaign?

Two levels in the game are named after an '80s teen movie called 'Red Dawn'. The first is obviously called 'Red Dawn', after the film, and the second, is called 'Wolverines'. 'Wolverines' was the name used by the teenage Rambos who single handedly took on the invading Russian army.

I'm also not 100% certain, but I'm sure the camouflage patterns used by the Russians in the game are taken from the camouflage patterns used by the Russians later on in the film.

I remember seeing this film when it first came out, and was blown away by it, because at that time no other film portrayed teenagers in such an aggressive way. Looking back now though, the film is a little jingoistic, and oh-so gung ho, but still very watchable. if you haven't seen it yet, I recommend that you do. 👍

The film featured an all-star cast of future movie stars including: Lea Thompson and Charlie Sheen. Jennifer Gray and Patrick Swayze were also there having the 'time of their life' long before Dirty Dancing!

Here is a trailer of the 1984 movie:


I also hear they are making a remake of this classic film, I can't wait. 👍
 
Hmmm... I'm surprised that nobody has brought this up before, but has anyone noticed the subtle and poignant, tribute that IW have placed in the SP campaign?

There are more subtle references then you first realise, has anyone noticed the worryingly large amount of 'Grimms Fairy Tales' on a book shelf in the Whitehouse. And then there's IWRealty selling one of the houses in the 'burbs, with a burning house next door. I don't think it's looking good on that sale right now.
 
Hmmm... I'm surprised that nobody has brought this up before, but has anyone noticed the subtle and poignant, tribute that IW have placed in the SP campaign?

Two levels in the game are named after an '80s teen movie called 'Red Dawn'. The first is obviously called 'Red Dawn', after the film, and the second, is called 'Wolverines'. 'Wolverines' was the name used by the teenage Rambos who single handedly took on the invading Russian army.

I'm also not 100% certain, but I'm sure the camouflage patterns used by the Russians in the game are taken from the camouflage patterns used by the Russians later on in the film.

I remember seeing this film when it first came out, and was blown away by it, because at that time no other film portrayed teenagers in such an aggressive way. Looking back now though, the film is a little jingoistic, and oh-so gung ho, but still very watchable. if you haven't seen it yet, I recommend that you do. 👍

The film featured an all-star cast of future movie stars including: Lea Thompson and Charlie Sheen. Jennifer Gray and Patrick Swayze were also there having the 'time of their life' long before Dirty Dancing!

Here is a trailer of the 1984 movie:


I also hear they are making a remake of this classic film, I can't wait. 👍



I hope they don't remake it and ruin it like they have with other favorite things I had growing up! Everytime I think about Red Dawn I can't help think about them peeing in the radiator:lol:
 
There's also this which is a strange coincidence, accidental or not I don't know.

Soap
451px-Mw2_soap_runninggulag.PNG


Kelly Lake in Tears of The Sun
MV5BMTQ4MTA4MzQ2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjQ1MTA3._V1._SX443_SY288_.jpg
 
I just got nuked 3 times today, all in Domination. Once was by a guy sniping covering a position, the other 2 were by guys just running around killing. I honestly can not stand people who play objective games like TDM. I've never been so irritated playing the game as I was today. Someone said earlier that they need to up the amount of kills for a nuke, and I could not agree more. It should be AT LEAST 40 kills, if not 50. When you get nuked in Domination and the winning team has barely over 100, there's some serious issues.

Ok rant over, but I still don't feel any less irritated lol.
 
Or if they didn't count the kill rewards towards the nuke, the chopper gunner really racks up the kills.
 
I just got nuked 3 times today, all in Domination. Once was by a guy sniping covering a position, the other 2 were by guys just running around killing. I honestly can not stand people who play objective games like TDM. I've never been so irritated playing the game as I was today. Someone said earlier that they need to up the amount of kills for a nuke, and I could not agree more. It should be AT LEAST 40 kills, if not 50. When you get nuked in Domination and the winning team has barely over 100, there's some serious issues.

Ok rant over, but I still don't feel any less irritated lol.

Eh, defending a position is pretty logical, and an easy way to get kills. I've gotten a kill streak going just sitting in the tall grass around B on Afghan, Cold Blooded, Ninja, and with a silencer, claymores, and scavenger. Just laid there waiting, pew pew pew, kill, wait some more, claymore, wait, replace claymore, pew pew pew. Literally had guys standing next to me.

Now, if they blatantly ignore the objective, that is bad. Though sometimes it is hard to tell - I've walked by people taking a point to sweep the area so they don't get picked off, etc.

Also, getting a 25 kill streak is pretty hard against a half witted team even, just shoot down the Chopper Gunner. Problem solved.
 
Yea, I may not do so well sometimes, but I always carry around a Stinger to destroy the UAV, Harrier strikes, Chopper Gunners, and anything else that flies. If only they counted those in your score in team deathmatches, then I would have a much higher score.
 
Last edited:
Yea, I may not do so well sometimes, but I always carry around a Stinger to destroy the UAV, Harrier strikes, Chopper Gunners, and anything else that flies. If only they counted those in your score in team deathmatches, then I would have a much higher score.

It's a nice chunk of XP, quick note for stinger users though, you need to break glass (Terminal is where you'll need to) in order to lock on so shoot the glass before getting your stinger ready. I to always carry a stinger and very often use cold blooded so I have much more time to take choppers down. That leaves the only major threat to my team being an AC130 because I need more then just myself. Early on I'll use stingers on UAVs as well, if someone starts racking kills I'll be sure to save both missiles though.
 
I don't play objective based games as conventionally as some, for instance in sabotage I run to the enemy bomb site (Lightweight, Marathon, Commando, etc.) and just keep it clear of all enemy resistance and pretty much ignore trying to plant anything (unless my team is just sitting around waiting for someone else to plant :P), this tactic requires a team decent enough that they can defend their backs as once you have the bomb site the enemy spawns around it.

It pays off more often than not and results in fairly uneventful matches, with my team usually able to hold the bomb site down until explosion.
Though I might be called out as not focusing on the objective by running around killing everyone towards the bomb site, it's always great to hear the team complain after the round is over in a minute :p

From,
Chris.
 
I am being honest here, I have not been nuked in this game more than 3 times and I havent been nuked for at least 2 weeks. I can understand if you get constantly nuked that it will bother you but I am really having no trouble with the nukes at all.
 
No problems here either, but I'm no fan of the nuke. Then again, I very rarely venture out of TDM's, so no big surprises there. :p

P.S. I also LOVED Red Dawn. I knew Magburner left somebody out, and I thought it was Emilio Estevez, but it was C. Thomas Howell. Well, there you go!
 
Hi, I recieved my copt of the game 9 hours ago. I have logged 8 hours play time...
Please feel free to add me if you want to boost your Kill:death ratio and your laughter levels for the day. :p
Hopefully see you on the battlefield, mainly through the death review camera thing.
Add me on: Aldo_GTP
:D
 
Back