Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,955 views
I haven't bought into the shotgun obsession, machine pistols work well for me cus I usually hipfire them down with my primary and then when I'm out of ammo where do I turn? Hence machine pistol, my ammo never lasts as long as I need.
 
Ammo is one of the reasons I never use the AA-12 Shotgun, it runs out too fast, even when using single shots. It can't drop people like the Spas-12 can either.
 
Well I just made Captain with you boys, in style may I add. Enough AC130 for you?
 
Well I just made Captain with you boys, in style may I add. Enough AC130 for you?

Yes you did and 55-7 I think is what you got was a verrrrry good streak.
Wonder when you start unlocking alot of the other things what it's going to be like.
By the way your supposed to be packing for Uni.
 
Yes you did and 55-7 I think is what you got was a verrrrry good streak.
Wonder when you start unlocking alot of the other things what it's going to be like.
By the way your supposed to be packing for Uni.

I know I am! I've packed everything clothes wise, my G25, bits and bobs. Basically PS3 and laptop to go and I'm ready to hit the road. Getting up early in prep for those things.

But hell it was worth it, I was having a real slump all night dropping from 2.74 down to 2.69, we just keep coming against clans and better players compared to the ones I meet alone. I was on 2.69 when we hit that Wasteland and suddenly all was well, I started the game with a 20 streak, thought it was over but my Ac130 ran out and it allowed a defuse.

So I carry on doing not bad at all and then bam, the streak starts again. I hit 7 and then would you believe, straight out of ammo with only a stinger? Now thats why I have a harrier! So what do I do? I get down, surrounded by 3-4 enemies and hide scared, praying my harrier gets 4 and it does, exactly 4 to leave me very smug with yet another AC130 coming in hot. It was a clean up exercise once that AC130 left, and we got the bomb down, I came behind the enemy as they came around and nailed 5 of them alone. I had swapped to a more aggressive strategy just 2 games before, trading out my predator for the AC130 (so 3, 7, 11 set up, which I think is a very good aggressive set).

Best of all, even sweeter then getting the most kills I've ever managed in a round, was that I was being useful. I kept coming at them on the flank nailing them consistently, quickly and precisely as you guys tried to plant. The main obstacle I had was ammo, I ran out 3 times in the match I believe. I guess my air superiorety made up for that, I took down a harrier (possibly 2) as well.
 
Well I just made Captain with you boys, in style may I add. Enough AC130 for you?

That was a good round 👍 I love that ac130 on wasteland :D I got some very bad rounds today :( A combination of lag and bad concentration did the trick :lol: See you guys another day 👍
 
I've never really got why I see so many people using Akimbo Ranger's. From my own experience they are underpowered and the range is terrible. Do they mistake them for 1887's or what?
I think you are right about the range, but I've never had issues with the stopping power. At least whey they are in that short range. :D
 
That was a good round 👍 I love that ac130 on wasteland :D I got some very bad rounds today :( A combination of lag and bad concentration did the trick :lol: See you guys another day 👍

Good to know I wasn't alone in the slump, although I had some, what would be considered by my KDR, 'bad' games, they were good fun because they were so close against these other groups. Some we won, like a demolition on Rundown, some we lost, like a TDM which we lost by a single kill. Unfortunately, the same clan which beat us by that kill in the next match all decided to leave at the end, possibly related to me finding some form on 28-8, or us all having a good game, but who knows, I won't judge and I don't like to think I'm some amazing player who makes people want to leave, because I'm not.

Except when I had those AC130s on Wasteland
 
Good to know I wasn't alone in the slump, although I had some, what would be considered by my KDR, 'bad' games, they were good fun because they were so close against these other groups. Some we won, like a demolition on Rundown, some we lost, like a TDM which we lost by a single kill. Unfortunately, the same clan which beat us by that kill in the next match all decided to leave at the end, possibly related to me finding some form on 28-8, or us all having a good game, but who knows, I won't judge and I don't like to think I'm some amazing player who makes people want to leave, because I'm not.

Except when I had those AC130s on Wasteland

Well I had a few round below 1 in K/D ratio, but some rounds wich was tactical good but not good for my K/D ratio :lol: What weopon you use most? Im a really big fan of scar, only problem is too little mag.
 
I don't know about you guys, but not all of the great games are blowouts. Some of the best games, most satisfying wins are really hard fought, or just downright ugly games for me. Not one player near k/d of 2, but when you best the other team, it's just so damn satisfying. :D
 
I've returned to loving the USP again. After fiddling with it a bit and now that I am much more comfortable hip firing, the speed at which it comes out is just fantastic, even compared to say the Raffica. It just makes that extra difference when you get into a close quarters gun fight with a small group, and instead of ducking for cover you just bust it out and drop the rest of them.
 
Regarding akimbo Rangers, the range is about 5-10 metres. Not very far, but they hurt like hell if you're too close.
 
I don't know what that is, but that would be an accurate way to describe MW2. Massive action. :lol:

I got my ACR for XBL today. Now that gun is fantastic. Talk about noob-lazer! :sly:
 
Its mag, the thread a couple below this one, it can have up to 256 players playing online at once and obviously Rabia has downloaded the BETA.
 
I personally liked it a lot in the closed beta...
for two nights. Like most SOCOM games I have a lot of fun to start with but quickly lose interest in it, MW2, on the other hand, is something I haven't lost interest in, and don't see myself losing interest for a while (If my friends keep playing).

From,
Chris.
 
I've never really got why I see so many people using Akimbo Ranger's. From my own experience they are underpowered and the range is terrible. Do they mistake them for 1887's or what?

I found it useful yesterday as I was using it in my HBAR class, so my LMG is for mid and long assault, and the Ranger is deadly at very close quarters, which works well if I need it.

HBAR with grip and FMJ is my favourite weapon atm, almost maxxed the weapon as well, need 8/9 more penetration kills.
 
Oh and I've started to really hate Afghan. Just hate it, very difficult map imo, pretty much get attacked from every angle. I did try and join in with DinSokk last night (one of you guys, can't find/remember who), but it just ignored it...strange, never had it do that before. Sabotage'd it all last night.
 
What weopon you use most? Im a really big fan of scar, only problem is too little mag.

I personally use alot of FAMAS, although I've yet to try the also burst fire M16 which I only just unlocked that last game last night. Why? Because the Famas is burst, retains plenty of power without stopping power, accurate and deals with the silencer without any problems. From the hip it's quite accurate to, but for the closer maps I do swap to the more powerful full auto SCAR sometimes, depending how the game is going. I opt for the Famas most though because although I can be plenty effective with most weapons, the burst means I save ammo as best I can as I'm never tempted to spray and when you play my style, with cold blooded etc. You often live a long time and ammo is a real pain without scavenger.
 
I use the RPD 80% of the time, and while it is a beast when burst fired (grip + open sights), the temptation to spray is overwhelming sometimes!
 
A little gun info for everyone:tup:

 
Quick noobish question here...
What is an Akimbo weapon?
Also, can I add some of you guys?
 
Quick noobish question here...
What is an Akimbo weapon?
Also, can I add some of you guys?
Certain pistols, shotguns, submachine guns, you can hip fire two of them at the same time. From what I've seen, you can use two PP2000, P90, Ranger, 1887 with akimbo.

You can add me by the "a6m5zero" account for PSN. :)
 
A little gun info for everyone:tup:



This is so funny... Because when I used the red dot on the M16 I was missing everything... Holo scope seemed to work REAL well with it, now I know why... :lol: Guess Im going to refit the Holo scope... been using iron sights lately when I use it so I can equip a noob tube :)
 
A little gun info for everyone:tup:

Interesting to know whenever I get the M16A4.

Also, can I add some of you guys?

Feel free to add me if you like. I play sporadically, but would enjoy playing with some GTPers, especially seeing as how virtually none of my friends own a PS3 and I have only played MW2 on my own. :grumpy:
 
Last edited:
hmmmm.
going to my own testing with the scar and ACR later on but remember this that walls dont shoot back. Get the Drift.
 
Certain pistols, shotguns, submachine guns, you can hip fire two of them at the same time. From what I've seen, you can use two PP2000, P90, Ranger, 1887 with akimbo.

You can add me by the "a6m5zero" account for PSN. :)

Ahh right. Thanks for clearing that up. I've come across those then.
Cool, consider yourself added

Feel free to add me if you like. I play sporadically, but would enjoy playing with some GTPers, especially seeing as how virtually none of my friends own a PS3 and I have only played MW2 on my own. :grumpy:

Consider yourself added too.
I've not had this for long so don't expect much of me :p
 
hmmmm.
going to my own testing with the scar and ACR later on but remember this that walls dont shoot back. Get the Drift.

Very true... ACR with iron sights is great though... I cant use other scopes on it that well, red dot works ok, but I wasnt feeling the Holo... so opted for iron sight with FMJ.. and that just feels great... what kind of tests are you doing?? Also accuracy related?
 
what kind of tests are you doing?? Also accuracy related?
I cant draw myself away from the Scar so just going to see how the ACR is as ive already unlocked everything for that but like i said just hooked onto the SCAR.
 
@ Breakpoint:

Thanks for the heads up pal. 👍 I've been disappointed with the M16 in MW2 because of the spread, especially at medium to long range, I will have to test it with the holographic sight to see if it is any better.

As for the test in the video which alleges that the M16 is more accurate than the FAMAS, I think it is flawed for two reasons, and the tester failed to try a further test. I will explain below.

The first mistake the tester failed to elude to was the fact that the FAMAS and the M16 have slightly different rates of fire. This important because from my experiment with both guns, I have found that in a single 3 round burst, the FAMAS is super accurate, but the accuracy falls with subsequent bursts. So repeatedly firing a gun in the way the tester did would appear to show the FAMAS being less accurate than M16, when if used conservatively, the FAMAS out strips the M16 hands down.

The second failure, that is also linked to the first failure that the tester failed to take into consideration, is recoil. Both guns have very different levels of recoil. The FAMAS, I would say, has a slightly higher recoil than the M16 because of its higher rate of fire, so again, repeatedly firing the gun would not give you an accurate test.

Another mistake the tester made, was not to test both guns with a silencer. Silencers can dramatically change the way a gun fires, beyond just silencing the weapon. A favourite trick of mine on COD4 was to equip the AK47 with a silencer, because it reduced significantly the muzzle climb that was all to prevalent if you fired the gun without one. The same is true with a silencer equipped in MW2, the FAMAS is even more accurate than without a silencer. The accuracy of the M16 also improves with a silencer, but it is still nowhere near as accurate as the FAMAS.

One last thing, you have to remember too, that both the FAMAS and the M16 are not supposed to be fired in the manner the tester did. They are burst fire weapons for a reason, your supposed to pick each shot, not fire them 'willy nilly'. Also, IRL, if my memory serves me correct, the M16 was originally a fully automatic weapon, but because of the tendency of soldiers in Vietnam to fire off all rounds at once, it was changed to a burst fire weapon.

Back to MW2, I got the FAMAS to FALL in a little over 40 levels on my first prestige, so I know that gun inside out. Admittedly, I don't know the M16 as well, but that was because I was not happy with the bullet spread when fired. As I have said, I will test out the holographic sight when I get time, but in all honesty, it would have to be a revelation for me to swap from the FAMAS to the M16. 👍
 
Back