Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,750 views
OMFG! IW need to sort out Harriers and Pave Lows. I've been spawned with minuscule health so many times because these things are already shooting at me as I spawn, I mean WTF! I don't even have player control yet and I'm mostly dead. Jokes.

Oh and I noticed this odd thing yesterday, if your using a predator as the game ends, it will show the missile hitting after the game is over, then your character will put away the control case and you can run round for a couple of seconds while the game end screen is up.
 
OMFG! IW need to sort out Harriers and Pave Lows. I've been spawned with minuscule health so many times because these things are already shooting at me as I spawn, I mean WTF! I don't even have player control yet and I'm mostly dead. Jokes.

Oh and I noticed this odd thing yesterday, if your using a predator as the game ends, it will show the missile hitting after the game is over, then your character will put away the control case and you can run round for a couple of seconds while the game end screen is up.

That respawn death happened to me about 10 times in one game. Between the Chopper Gunner, Harrier, and AC-130 throughout the game I couldn't move and inch.

Anybody use the M4 shotgun? I started using it and it's pretty fun, but it seems to be really inconsistent though with damage.
 
M1014 or the shotgun attachment on an M4?
 
OMFG! IW need to sort out Harriers and Pave Lows. I've been spawned with minuscule health so many times because these things are already shooting at me as I spawn, I mean WTF! I don't even have player control yet and I'm mostly dead. Jokes.

Oh and I noticed this odd thing yesterday, if your using a predator as the game ends, it will show the missile hitting after the game is over, then your character will put away the control case and you can run round for a couple of seconds while the game end screen is up.

I think it's just a general on automatic streaks, if you spawn and they're in a position to fire on you, they will.

Also, I've seen a couple of my predators hit the ground when the end scores are up, so it shows a large part of the map then BOOM my predator randomly comes down.
 
That respawn death happened to me about 10 times in one game. Between the Chopper Gunner, Harrier, and AC-130 throughout the game I couldn't move and inch.

I can understand the user controlled killstreaks but the computer controlled one's killing me before I have a chance to take control myself, clearly something is wrong there.
 
I think there should be some sort of delay before they can target you, and similarly with the user controlled, a delay before the red square marks them.
 
Yes that would be nice. I seem to have a lot of respawn trouble, the worst was respawning taking six steps forward into an enemy claymore. So that was a nice little surprise, and it was the only way I could go, so I really couldn't go anywhere. I also love when I respawn and I have an enemy right in front of me or right behind me, but maybe that's a sign I should die a lot :lol:
 
I have played some search and destroy last nights and its great! One thing I noticed is so many complaining about camping, I guess they are just frustrated because they lose their only life :lol: I didnt camp once, but was called camper all the time. If I hided for 3sec I was camping, some are just stupid...

And about HC, I dont understand people who say HC is more realistic, you can kill shoting a bullet in the foot, how is that more real then 2 bullets in chest? COD is unrealistic in both modes, but fun :)
 
Anyone else killed someone, they re-spawn and kill you and while your watching your killcam, you see yourself killing them in their killcam before they respawn and kill you. I found it somewhat amusing.
 
I've spawned on my own dead body before, to be sniped by the same guy again, that was quite annoying.
 
Just like to apologise to my usual bunch as my language at a certain match went AC130 if you know what I mean.
Hahahaha pawned those guys and it felt greaaaat.
 
If you guys are getting spawn killed by the harriers + pave low, switch to the cold blooded class. That's what I do. I hate to share this, since harrier+pave low is where I score. :crazy:
I can answer the SCAR/ACR question for you right now, no need to test. The SCAR is the superior weapon, both in damage and accuracy, and at all ranges... If you use the iron sights.
Are you sure about the SCAR? Those two, along with the M4 were the assault rifles I use the most, and I could swear SCAR has way more recoil than the ACR. Possibly more than even the M4.

Due to the recoil, with the SCAR, I usually shoot in short bursts for longer shots. With ACR, I can just about keep squeezing the trigger.
I have played some search and destroy last nights and its great! One thing I noticed is so many complaining about camping, I guess they are just frustrated because they lose their only life :lol: I didnt camp once, but was called camper all the time. If I hided for 3sec I was camping, some are just stupid...

And about HC, I dont understand people who say HC is more realistic, you can kill shoting a bullet in the foot, how is that more real then 2 bullets in chest? COD is unrealistic in both modes, but fun :)
Just about every player camp sometimes. I can only speak from my experiences in TDMs, but many players who actively move around do get called campers sometimes, because calling campers out in the lobby is pretty much, not always, but pretty much equal to this:


It's a frustration cry. From time to time, you will see pointless, or B.S. campers, but most of the time, it's both teams camping about the same amount, and if the losing team has a crybaby, he might call the other team out, when their own team camped just as much, if not more. I don't even pay attention to them, and I hear less & less people complain about it as well. I saw a guy cry big time(like in the baby pic) in CoD4 about the campers. Next match, we are on the same team, the same dude is camping lying down on the floor. I firmly believe that majority of the accusers are hypocrites, whether they realize it or not. :p I don't camp though, just ask Legendary or Tsukuba. I just don't believe in it!
Anyone else killed someone, they re-spawn and kill you and while your watching your killcam, you see yourself killing them in their killcam before they respawn and kill you. I found it somewhat amusing.
But I don't think you are supposed to respawn until the killcam is over?
 
And about HC, I dont understand people who say HC is more realistic, you can kill shoting a bullet in the foot, how is that more real then 2 bullets in chest?

That shot in the foot could cause infection that in turn leads to death. :lol:
 
Just like to apologise to my usual bunch as my language at a certain match went AC130 if you know what I mean.
Hahahaha pawned those guys and it felt greaaaat.

:)

You are forgiven since it was REALLY adrenaline pumping match, I bet those guys were more than sure, after they saw that we were attacking in the overtime,that victory is theirs...NOT !!! :D

Good games , good games..
 
a6m5: I do camp sometimes, but only for a short period because I find it boring. But I do realize that camping can be a sucsessfull tactic. And yes thats why they are crying.

Once in free for all I killed a 10.prestige 3 sec after match has started and he was pissed and called me a camper :lol: Just beacause I kiilled him from a popular camping spot.. :rolleyes:
 
a6m5: I do camp sometimes, but only for a short period because I find it boring. But I do realize that camping can be a sucsessfull tactic. And yes thats why they are crying.
Yeah, there are definitely "good" & "bad" camping. I'd be the first to admit, I sometimes, but very rarely, do the "bad" camping. It's when I'm so tired, I'm like a zombie, but still want to play CoD. I'd do the classic camping by the stairs, around the corner stuff. It's definitely dirty. :lol:
Once in free for all I killed a 10.prestige 3 sec after match has started and he was pissed and called me a camper :lol: Just beacause I kiilled him from a popular camping spot.. :rolleyes:
:lol:👍
 
Just got my second nuke, it was on TDM Wasteland. I was using my sniping class :lol:.
 
Wasteland seems to be the map for streaks, mainly because of it's open nature, if nobody shoots your rewards down you're in for big kills. Which is why I make them a big priority when I see them.
 
I unlocked the upgrade to Cold Blooded and it really seems to have helped my killing ability. I would recommend going for the upgrade. It removes the red name tag and crosshair that enemies see over you.

It's easy to get too; you just have to shoot down UAVs, Harriers, etc. while you have the class enabled. Stinger makes short works of those two, and has a second shot to take down the bigger aircraft after their flares go off.
 

I've gotten called a camper for running around the enemy bomb point in sabotage knifing everything before, :lol:

From,
Chris.
 
Exactly. It's one thing to come in here and complain, or cry about campers. We are a group here, we are online buddies. But these guys who start crying to total strangers after losing match, it's no good man. Or these guys who sends angry PMs, and sometimes, they won't even wait until the match is over. I've been tempted to send them a reply along the lines of: "if you actually played the game, instead of messaging me, you might not play so crappy(censored)". But I never, ever, give them the satisfaction of a seriously reply. I always give them "that's really neat, kid! lol", or something like that. :D Thinking back, I have sent back couple of actual replies, but they were respectable. Like telling them how I was lapping around the map several times in the match, so it was pretty ridiculous for him to call me out. Nobody ever responds back though.

Only person I blame when I get my butt kicked by a camper, or camping team is myself. Off-mic, verbally, yeah, I'd be calling them all sort of names, but that's really no different than any other time I'm getting my butt kicked. :lol:
I unlocked the upgrade to Cold Blooded and it really seems to have helped my killing ability. I would recommend going for the upgrade. It removes the red name tag and crosshair that enemies see over you.

It's easy to get too; you just have to shoot down UAVs, Harriers, etc. while you have the class enabled. Stinger makes short works of those two, and has a second shot to take down the bigger aircraft after their flares go off.
I am so stupid.

Before I prestiged, I did have the Pro, but I had to shoot down bunch of choppers & harriers to get it. I forgot that UAV was part of the killstreak as well.

I think I've destroyed only couple of killstreak rewards, but I think I will be at it again. 👍
 
Thanks for the tips on the M4, but I've given up and picked up the ACR. How many 'HEADSHOTS' are needed to finish the challenge? I thought it would 250, but now I have to get 350! Bah! You can see why I switched to the ACR. Much more accurate.

With other news, I played the worst game ever today. EVERYONE was camping on a DOMINATION game. That's the game were you must travel from point A to point B to point C. Nobody was moving, except me. I got the 'Most Points Acquired' but must have died 21 times with 19 kills, or so. I came in first by a large margin for both teams. So, even though the game was frustrating, I do feel good I totally kicked the crap out of everybody.

I'm still facing players (enemy) who are invisible to me, until they kill me. However, I still get a balance of game play playing with the Russians. I always come in first when I play those guys. I think they have a hard time seeing me first. It's like the 'delay' is in my favor. I'm still occasionally playing with guys who must be cheating. They just happen to know EXACTLY where I am, despite the perks I have to make me 'invisible.'
 
ACR's my favorite, too. I got that warm feeling when I finally got my red dot ACR back, after prestiging. :lol:

On the connection, Mexican guys also seem to suffer from that. My buddy was convinced they were horrible players, I told them it could be little bit of both. :lol:
 
ACR's my favorite, too. I got that warm feeling when I finally got my red dot ACR back, after prestiging. :lol:

On the connection, Mexican guys also seem to suffer from that. My buddy was convinced they were horrible players, I told them it could be little bit of both. :lol:

Amen to the Mexican players. They really, really suck bad. But, I more contribute that to their slower internet connections. But, one thing I find funny about them, they act and trash talk like they're the hottest players around when they stink to high heaven.
 
Just got this from another forum.
No more camping it seems.
New "Momentum System" For Modern Warfare 2

This morning, Robert Bowling (@fourzerotwo) tweeted that a new "Momentum System" would replace the killstreak system in Modern Warfare 2, setting the internet abuzz. To the best of this GGM editor's knowledge, no modern videogame has ever made such drastic changes to its core multiplayer structure in this manner, and you, dear reader, are in luck. Only GGM has the exclusive details about what you will see when the next title update hits on January 20th for both Xbox Live and Playstation Network.

No More Killstreaks

Yes, you read that right. Those precious killstreaks that you spend hours camping in the corner to earn are all going bye-bye. In their place is a brand new "Momentum System," which rewards you for actively, yet smartly, pushing on objectives and playing as a team. In practice, it's very simple: every time you earn a kill, capture an objective, plant a bomb, or do anything to help your team's cause, you gain points to fill yourmomentum meter. When your meter reaches key points, you can choose to "cash in" your meter for one of those precious bonuses, like a UAV, Sentry Gun, or the dreaded Chopper Gunner. But be careful: cashing in your meter will cause you to "spend" all of the points you've currently accumulated, bringing you back down to zero. So you'll have to decide if you think that a UAV now is better than a possible Predator Missile later.

Lest you think this isn't fair when compared to the old system, wait until you hear this: getting killed will no longer reset your streak. That's right. If you die, yourmomentum will not be reset to zero under most circumstances (Bowling tells us that suicides or teamkills in Hardcore modes will reset the meter to zero). Rather, you'll incur a penalty to your meter. We pressing Bowling to tell us exactly how much you would lose, but all he would say was "it depends." Apparently they have some super-secret formula which takes into account what exactly you were doing when you died. For example, getting killed while running around in the open would cause a greater loss than getting killed while pressing on an objective.

Speaking of deaths, we were also very excited to learn about the new "Noble Sacrifice" accolade, which rewards players who risk their lives to complete objectives. Said Bowling: "We noticed that many players wouldn't play aggressively because death is such a huge punishment in this game; the new 'Noble Sacrifice' award takes this away." Simply put, if you and two teammates work on capturing a flag in Domination, but you get killed while trying to grab it, as long as that flag is captured for your team, you will get a "Noble Sacrifice" message and won't incur a loss ofmomentum . This works in all objective based modes, and will hopefully encourage the more cowardly of you to actually put yourselves on the line for your team.

But this brings us to the biggest change in the new system: Team Momentum. Not only will each player have an individual momentum, but so will each team. This momentum will swing back and forth as the match progresses based on how well each team is doing relative to the other. If the bar swings too far in one direction, one of the more devastatingmomentum bonuses will be automatically released. Yes, you guessed it: the dreaded "Tactical Nuke." In fact, the nuke is no longer an individual reward. It can only be earned by the team as a whole and serves as a sort of "Mercy Rule" for those highly lopsided matches. "We always viewed the nuke as a sort of mercy rule anyway,"Bowling told us, "and we were very disappointed to see the way that the community reacted to its inclusion. With this new system, we feel that the tactical nuke will fit more naturally into the flow of the game."

We got to go hands-on with the new system in an exclusive event held only for GGM, and we walked away incredibly impressed. While Team Deathmatch games felt almost identical (and, in fact, are essentially unchanged), the objective-based games felt like new life had been breathed into them. Personally, I was overjoyed by the newfound usefulness of the Riot Shield, as using it properly can now actually earn those precious bonuses we've all come to love. This feels like an entirely newgame , one with a greater sense of camaraderie and teamwork. Obviously, the true test of this update will be when it releases next month to the incredibly vocal and picky Modern Warfarecommunity, but the general consensus around the office is that we're sold on it.
 
Just got this from another forum.
No more camping it seems.
New "Momentum System" For Modern Warfare 2

This morning, Robert Bowling (@fourzerotwo) tweeted that a new "Momentum System" would replace the killstreak system in Modern Warfare 2, setting the internet abuzz. To the best of this GGM editor's knowledge, no modern videogame has ever made such drastic changes to its core multiplayer structure in this manner, and you, dear reader, are in luck. Only GGM has the exclusive details about what you will see when the next title update hits on January 20th for both Xbox Live and Playstation Network.

No More Killstreaks

Yes, you read that right. Those precious killstreaks that you spend hours camping in the corner to earn are all going bye-bye. In their place is a brand new "Momentum System," which rewards you for actively, yet smartly, pushing on objectives and playing as a team. In practice, it's very simple: every time you earn a kill, capture an objective, plant a bomb, or do anything to help your team's cause, you gain points to fill yourmomentum meter. When your meter reaches key points, you can choose to "cash in" your meter for one of those precious bonuses, like a UAV, Sentry Gun, or the dreaded Chopper Gunner. But be careful: cashing in your meter will cause you to "spend" all of the points you've currently accumulated, bringing you back down to zero. So you'll have to decide if you think that a UAV now is better than a possible Predator Missile later.

Lest you think this isn't fair when compared to the old system, wait until you hear this: getting killed will no longer reset your streak. That's right. If you die, yourmomentum will not be reset to zero under most circumstances (Bowling tells us that suicides or teamkills in Hardcore modes will reset the meter to zero). Rather, you'll incur a penalty to your meter. We pressing Bowling to tell us exactly how much you would lose, but all he would say was "it depends." Apparently they have some super-secret formula which takes into account what exactly you were doing when you died. For example, getting killed while running around in the open would cause a greater loss than getting killed while pressing on an objective.

Speaking of deaths, we were also very excited to learn about the new "Noble Sacrifice" accolade, which rewards players who risk their lives to complete objectives. Said Bowling: "We noticed that many players wouldn't play aggressively because death is such a huge punishment in this game; the new 'Noble Sacrifice' award takes this away." Simply put, if you and two teammates work on capturing a flag in Domination, but you get killed while trying to grab it, as long as that flag is captured for your team, you will get a "Noble Sacrifice" message and won't incur a loss ofmomentum . This works in all objective based modes, and will hopefully encourage the more cowardly of you to actually put yourselves on the line for your team.

But this brings us to the biggest change in the new system: Team Momentum. Not only will each player have an individual momentum, but so will each team. This momentum will swing back and forth as the match progresses based on how well each team is doing relative to the other. If the bar swings too far in one direction, one of the more devastatingmomentum bonuses will be automatically released. Yes, you guessed it: the dreaded "Tactical Nuke." In fact, the nuke is no longer an individual reward. It can only be earned by the team as a whole and serves as a sort of "Mercy Rule" for those highly lopsided matches. "We always viewed the nuke as a sort of mercy rule anyway,"Bowling told us, "and we were very disappointed to see the way that the community reacted to its inclusion. With this new system, we feel that the tactical nuke will fit more naturally into the flow of the game."

We got to go hands-on with the new system in an exclusive event held only for GGM, and we walked away incredibly impressed. While Team Deathmatch games felt almost identical (and, in fact, are essentially unchanged), the objective-based games felt like new life had been breathed into them. Personally, I was overjoyed by the newfound usefulness of the Riot Shield, as using it properly can now actually earn those precious bonuses we've all come to love. This feels like an entirely newgame , one with a greater sense of camaraderie and teamwork. Obviously, the true test of this update will be when it releases next month to the incredibly vocal and picky Modern Warfarecommunity, but the general consensus around the office is that we're sold on it.

Awesome news. I HATE the killstreak award. I for one love this new idea. Especially since I only play Domination games and run around like mad trying to capture flags.
 
Last edited:
This is the craziest thing I have ever heard. OK, Red Sox did comeback that one year in a series to the Yankees in the World Series, but this is the second craziest thing I have ever heard.

I don't doubt uk86, but I have very hard time believing the news. I also can't believe they can make a change of this magnitude after the game has already been released, and at what cost?

Crazy!

Edit: Oops.
 
No he didn't (I've been following him for some weeks now). Nowhere has he mentioned anything about a "Momentum System"; that article's a load of BS designed to spread rumours.

Feel free to see for yourself: http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo

Like I said I got this from another forum and to be honest I don't even know who the guy is. I shall now go and correct the chap on that forum and tell him it's BS.
 
Back