Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,746 views
I also have a hard time beliveing this. But I really hope its true!! This will get players to think more of objective insted of camping for nuke..
 
I can't believe people can be that gullible. GGM = Generic Gaming Magazine, for farf's sake. :lol: Oh, and 402 replied to someone wondering if it was true or not, and he called it internet rumour.

Is that conclusive enough for you lot? :lol:
 
Bah, it's fake. I like the idea, though. Sounds weird they'd get rid of the killstreak awards since I think so many like it. I don't care much for it.
 
It wouldn't have had much effect on team deathmatches anyway, which is all I play. :lol:
Bah, it's fake. I like the idea, though. Sounds weird they'd get rid of the killstreak awards since I think so many like it. I don't care much for it.
I don't know if I like it that much. Actually, if they took it all away, I think I'd actually prefer that. Maybe keep just the UAV's or something.

Edit: Those days of 28-5 would be gone though. Unless I'm going again total noobies, I don't think I'll achieve anything better than 2, 3 k/d.
 
It wouldn't have had much effect on team deathmatches anyway, which is all I play. :lol:

I don't know if I like it that much. Actually, if they took it all away, I think I'd actually prefer that. Maybe keep just the UAV's or something.

I say get rid of the stupid nukes. There's so much padding going on, it's pointless to have it.

So many times I come across some jerk on my team that went 2-20. It's obvious he's helping a buddy get the nuke killstreak award.

What IW needs to do is improve the stupid lock-on for the launchers. So many times I lock on and don't hit what I had locked on to. Now, I know some avoid the launchers, but I'm talking about Harriers that avoid six or even seven rocket launches. Ridiculous.
 
I say get rid of the stupid nukes. There's so much padding going on, it's pointless to have it.

So many times I come across some jerk on my team that went 2-20. It's obvious he's helping a buddy get the nuke killstreak award.
That was a great idea regarding nuke in that fake post. On 2-20 though, players can actually be that bad. And even regular players can hit that, I know I've had games like that in CoD4, when I was still kind of new. I think the highest I've seen people die in CoD4(no nuke) was around 30.
What IW needs to do is improve the stupid lock-on for the launchers. So many times I lock on and don't hit what I had locked on to. Now, I know some avoid the launchers, but I'm talking about Harriers that avoid six or even seven rocket launches. Ridiculous.
I very rarely miss with the stingers. Harriers just say in one spot, so they are super easy to kill. When I do miss, it's when I have some weird angle, line of fire, or if there something partially blocking the view, like the trees.
 
I honestly wouldn't mind if they just switched everyone's killstreaks back to fixed ones like in COD4.
 
Or removed killstreaks altogether.


There, I said it.
 
I unlocked the upgrade to Cold Blooded and it really seems to have helped my killing ability. I would recommend going for the upgrade. It removes the red name tag and crosshair that enemies see over you.

It's easy to get too; you just have to shoot down UAVs, Harriers, etc. while you have the class enabled. Stinger makes short works of those two, and has a second shot to take down the bigger aircraft after their flares go off.

I'm still chasing that down, I think I only have 4-5 to go and I'm there. Also definately worth picking up scavenger pro for players who often have long lives, that extra ammo is very worth it.
 
Last night was a watershed moment for me on MW2, and I've decided to make the step from hardcore gamer to cyber-athlete! Yes, I fully intend to become GTP's first (that I am aware of), Intervention-toting snap shooter!

Lofty ambitions I know, but I have started a journey that will hopefully put me in the same league as those awesome intervention snipers you see on YouTube. Let me tell you straight though, it requires, at lest for me, a complete change in gaming style. I've switched my look sensitivity up from one to four, swapped back knifing onto R3, and I've finally let go of the one thing that has held me back for so long - my infatuation with my K/D ratio! :lol:

I'm not doing too bad either. I have 37 snap kills with the intervention, 8 of which were headshots, and I even managed my first jumping snap headshot from behind a box on Sub Base. In one instance on Estate, I even snap killed two guys with one round from the intervention. Don't get me wrong, I have by no means mastered the art of snap shooting, but I am getting better at hitting my intended targets.

The one stat I DO follow, which is a good indication that my intervention skills are improving, is accuracy. I started the night in the low 20% region, by the end of the night, I was close to 32%, and it improves slowly with every game I play.

I have also become a knifing maniac. Running around, with care package in hand slaying all that get in my way! I really enjoy knifing, I never thought I would, and I revel in the fact that I sometimes become an object of hate for players on the opposing team!

The flip side to all this is that my K/D ratio is terrible, its circa 0.54. I didn't want to harm the stats on my magburner account so I created a new account called showtime_uk. With this account I am absolutely fearless, I run into the enemy without any regard for my own safety, and to tell you the truth, I am surprised how effective this tactic actually is!

Since I've changed my gaming style, MW2 feels like a whole new game of opportunities and ridiculous fun. I will keep you posted on how my snap shooting is improving. 👍
 
I'm still chasing that down, I think I only have 4-5 to go and I'm there. Also definately worth picking up scavenger pro for players who often have long lives, that extra ammo is very worth it.

Here, pick it up in one game:tup:

 
magburner, you should try Akimbo SMGs while you are at it :lol: They can be quite satisfying to use.

Dragonistic sorry about earlier, it may just be your word choice that gives the appearance of an attitude. But as mag pointed out, knifing is just plan fun, and thus why it is worth doing.

As for game play, I've been trying out various assault rifles. The SCAR-H has become a favorite, it just has the stopping power you need in Core. On the matter of accuracy though, the ACR is more accurate under full auto in my opinion, but both are quite accurate in short bursts. Plus the iron sights on the SCAR are quite nice, unlike the FAL's... which means I've been able to drop Bling on my primary class in favor of Scavenger and just using a Silencer.
 
Here, pick it up in one game:tup:

A nice idea but thats not for me, I'd like to earn it myself the way it's intended and I'm so close now I may as well go for it. Thanks anyway.

Dragonistic sorry about earlier, it may just be your word choice that gives the appearance of an attitude. But as mag pointed out, knifing is just plan fun, and thus why it is worth doing.

No worries so long as we're clear now, I was trying to emphasize the phrase knife only, and in particularly the word only. There's always a time and a place to use the knife, regardless of the class you've set up, I would never argue that it shouldn't be used or can't be effective. I apolagise if I mislead through poor word choice, it's just the way I write which sometimes isn't always clear but I can't help that much.

You're now aware my real complaint is where a knifer refuses to use their primary weapon which they have anyway because of their religious knifing ways and it can result in big consequences for the team in clutch moments. I encourage playing how you want but thats where the line gets drawn for me when it just becomes selfish.
 
The one stat I DO follow, which is a good indication that my intervention skills are improving, is accuracy. I started the night in the low 20% region, by the end of the night, I was close to 32%, and it improves slowly with every game I play.
Thats my best stat but 32%, wow. Mine has been steadily increasing but now it is stuck on 24.5% and no longer rising. I guess that is my true accuracy and I am not disappointed because it is still second out of all of my friends.

Here, pick it up in one game:tup:


I heard about that when the game came out but because the hit markers didnt show I assumed nothing was happening.
 
Whew. After reaching Lv70 online yesterday - so 100% in Multiplayer according to the menu - I decided to go back and try High Explosive one more time.

I rock :D

I adapted a bunch of techniques from Youtube, stuck them together and finished it solo in 4'20. So I now have 100% across the board. Just need to do a couple of mop up bronzes (kill 4 while downed, kill 20 in a row on a vehicle) and that's my second Platinum of the week. Then... PRESTIGE!

Edit: Platinumed :D
 
Last edited:
How do you kill 4 while downed? Also, shouldn't it be more than a bronze, sounds tough...
 
How do you kill 4 while downed? Also, shouldn't it be more than a bronze, sounds tough...

It requires 2 players. The way I did it was have a pistol as secondary and then empty it right away. Get taken out and you get to use your primary while you're down. Just have the other guy watch your back so you don't get tagged again and lose your gun. Another way I saw it was do split-screen on Sniper-Fi. Have your one player fire a Predator at a group of guys and while it's coming down go knife him with your second player. Kinda cheap, but it'll get it done. It's one of those trophies that you have to actually go for without caring about the object of the mission.
 
In two player Spec Ops, you have the equivalent of Last Stand - something that would kill you puts you prone with a pistol. If you're shot while "Downed", you go into a bleedout where you can't do anything at all apart from crawl. The other player can revive you while Downed or bleeding out.

So the trick is to get a queue of enemies with player 2 out of sight. Let them down you, then rack off pistol kills. I did it on Charlie/Homeland Security

Considering I looked up the ideal missions for the trophies and completed them between the post and edit, they're not particularly hard. Especially not compared to completing Echo/High Explosive on Veteran...
 
Had some nice games with Azuremen earlier but I pulled out because the lag was beginning to pee me off. I figure I connected to a bunch of Americans as I was the only player with a two bar connection, sometimes dropping to one. The very last game I had on Skidrow was nice though, got off to a very fast 5 killstreak by flanking the entire team with my knife class, I ran into a room with 4 of them and not one had a clue I was there, brilliant.
 
Its official, I am selling my Caprice and if it sells more than what the price my wife told me then whatever it is higher than that I get to put towards or purchase a PS3. I really hate the idea of having to buy MW2 for PS3 though since I already have it for Breakbox 360, but oh well it will be worth it having some good people to play with. I only play with one person on the 360, so if he isn't playing then it makes it sort of dull. And of course I can't wait for GT5 for online with everyone, especially since everyone here actually races and doesn't treat the race like a bumper car party, thats cheap.
 
That is weird. Locally, just about everybody I know is on XBL. I love my PS3, but PSN does leave alot to be desired. You really get what you pay for.

On MW2, the gap has closed significantly, however. In CoD4, if you were on PSN, you couldn't join your friends, mid game. You didn't know what mode(tdm, dominations) they were playing, or on what map, and I'm not sure if you can do this on MW2 either, actually. You didn't have the party chat, which doesn't matter on MW2, because they took that away from us on XBL. Perhaps the thing that bothers me the most is the headsets. Bluetooth is unbelievably clumsy, compared to the X360 headsets you just plug into your controller. And some players on PSN has very staticky and loud audio. Sometimes, you gotta mute them right away or you couldn't think straight. :lol:

But bottom line, if you don't have anybody you play with on XBL, I guess it's no problem. I do play on XBL though. And I don't play with all of them, but icelt, Zrow, G.T, Blackbird, Moglet, Mark T, McLaren, Rue, they are the ones who are on my friends list, and I think they all have MW2. I'm sure there are more.
 
You didn't know what mode(tdm, dominations) they were playing, or on what map, and I'm not sure if you can do this on MW2 either, actually.
The PS3 does tell you what mode and map your friends are playing on in MW2. :)
 
The PS3 does tell you what mode and map your friends are playing on in MW2. :)

I believe he was speaking of CoD4, saying how MW2 has improved those aspects CoD4 lacked on PSN...
 
Yeah, I was talking about CoD4, then I moved onto MW2, which I wasn't sure about. Sorry for the confusion. :p
 
The headset thing is a sometimes an issue with PSN, some people just don't have good quality headsets at all, I mean mines cheap but I know I sound reasonably clear. Some people are near impossible to understand sometimes though.
 
The headset thing is a sometimes an issue with PSN, some people just don't have good quality headsets at all, I mean mines cheap but I know I sound reasonably clear. Some people are near impossible to understand sometimes though.

I bought the Sony Wireless (bluetooth) Headset thinking it would magically make everyone sound clear, but it doesn't. I struggle sometimes to hear what people are saying, even when everyone else is muted. I don't know how clear i sound with it. I'll have to ask someone i've played with.
 
A few questions if anybody knows...

  • What perk gives somebody the ability to have the words above their character the same color as my own team member, and have it change to the enemy (red) after a brief second after I aim at them? I've seen this happen more than once for it to be a 'coincident.'

  • Why are people using the 9mm Berreta, that's fully automatic, as their main weapon? Is it that much more powerful than any other weapon?

  • Is there a team perk that allows its members to be more 'bullet resistant' than when they first started? I ask because I was playing a game where I could kill an enemy with the usual quick burst of ACR, but toward the end of the game, I needed to unload the entire magazine!

  • How many total 'headshots' do the automatic rifles go up to for a challenge completion? I know it goes up to 350, at least, but how much higher does it go from there? 500? 1,000?
 
Back