Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,746 views
Why are people using the 9mm Berreta, that's fully automatic, as their main weapon? Is it that much more powerful than any other weapon?[/list]

I can only think that they like to snipe but prefer to spawn with a more maneuverable close-range weapon to get them between sniping spots on the map?
 
A few questions if anybody knows...

  • What perk gives somebody the ability to have the words above their character the same color as my own team member, and have it change to the enemy (red) after a brief second after I aim at them? I've seen this happen more than once for it to be a 'coincident.'

  • Why are people using the 9mm Berreta, that's fully automatic, as their main weapon? Is it that much more powerful than any other weapon?

  • Is there a team perk that allows its members to be more 'bullet resistant' than when they first started? I ask because I was playing a game where I could kill an enemy with the usual quick burst of ACR, but toward the end of the game, I needed to unload the entire magazine!

  • How many total 'headshots' do the automatic rifles go up to for a challenge completion? I know it goes up to 350, at least, but how much higher does it go from there? 500? 1,000?


1. None - unless someone is using a MOD / Hack - this shouldnt happen (its not Killzone 2 lol)

2. I think you Might be talking about the G18 here - and most people who use it go akimbo so have 2 of them ready to spray your face with it ! Its a secondary weapon that alot of people like running about using - i'd still pick the pp2000 over them.

3 I think this may be Pain Killer Death Streak you might have came accross and its an individual perk not a team one. If im right it gives you double health for 5-10 seconds after having a death streak of 4 im sure.

4. Not sure about the headshots as I had 400 odd on my FAMAS then Prestiged so i didnt get FALL Camo :(


Hope that helps !
 
There are hacks out there - I've seen aimbots and Cold-Blooded-ignoring - but they're not very common.
 
There are hacks out there - I've seen aimbots and Cold-Blooded-ignoring - but they're not very common.

I played a game with Vexd and Ren-Tec on Friday at the Sub Base. There was one guy on the other team that was floating 40 or 50 foot above the building with the miniature sub in it. It didn't do him much good though.
 
A few questions if anybody knows...

  • What perk gives somebody the ability to have the words above their character the same color as my own team member, and have it change to the enemy (red) after a brief second after I aim at them? I've seen this happen more than once for it to be a 'coincident.'

  • Why are people using the 9mm Berreta, that's fully automatic, as their main weapon? Is it that much more powerful than any other weapon?

  • Is there a team perk that allows its members to be more 'bullet resistant' than when they first started? I ask because I was playing a game where I could kill an enemy with the usual quick burst of ACR, but toward the end of the game, I needed to unload the entire magazine!

  • How many total 'headshots' do the automatic rifles go up to for a challenge completion? I know it goes up to 350, at least, but how much higher does it go from there? 500? 1,000?
On the first one, could it be like the Cold Blooded-Pro? I encountered this early into the game. Basically, when you are aiming, if they have the Cold Blooded-Pro, their name tag will not be visible to you. And in my case, all I could see was my teammate's green tag, which were actually in the background. So sometimes, an enemy with the Cold Blooded-Pro could look like a teammate.

On Berreta, I don't think there is a full-auto version. Just that Glock looking full-auto pistol.

"Bullet resistant", yes, sort of. One of the death streak is that pain killer thing, which could make you damn near empty the entire clip to down that guy. Another thing would be your connection. Connection does fluctuate, making it tougher to put the guy down when the connection is poor.

Last one on the headshots, I have no idea. :crazy:
 
1. None - unless someone is using a MOD / Hack - this shouldnt happen (its not Killzone 2 lol)

It's a hack. I'm not making this up. This happened more than once, and it happened just like KZ2. I figured it's some sort of prestige perk, but if you say so otherwise.

2. I think you Might be talking about the G18 here - and most people who use it go akimbo so have 2 of them ready to spray your face with it ! Its a secondary weapon that alot of people like running about using - i'd still pick the pp2000 over them.

No, it's the Berreta 9mm. I recognize the slide and top barrel. I guess it's just a sniper's side arm. They must have a SplitFish or other similar controller that allows them automatic fire. I have it with mine, but I never use it. The recoil is ridiculous.

3 I think this may be Pain Killer Death Streak you might have came accross and its an individual perk not a team one. If im right it gives you double health for 5-10 seconds after having a death streak of 4 im sure.

Ah, I forgot about that perk. It was odd that it happened with everyone at the end of the game (the last four guys).

4. Not sure about the headshots as I had 400 odd on my FAMAS then Prestiged so i didnt get FALL Camo :(

Jeez, it goes to 400? That means it must go to 500, at least. 400 seems like an odd number. I was trying to complete the challenges for the M4, but still need to complete the headshot challenge. I got pissed when I saw I had to get more than 250. Headshot are hard for me with the M4.

There are hacks out there - I've seen aimbots and Cold-Blooded-ignoring - but they're not very common.

That happened a few times to me, but hasn't happened in a few weeks. I guess the hack was blocked, somehow.
 
Jeez, it goes to 400? That means it must go to 500, at least. 400 seems like an odd number. I was trying to complete the challenges for the M4, but still need to complete the headshot challenge. I got pissed when I saw I had to get more than 250. Headshot are hard for me with the M4.

I think if Im not mistaken it goes to 500 headshots before its complete... I know the kills end at 1000 kills to complete....
 
If you have prestiged, then headshot goes to 1000, I have around 750 headshot on my UMP. But non prestige challange goes to 500 I THINK..
 
Jeez, it goes to 400? That means it must go to 500, at least. 400 seems like an odd number. I was trying to complete the challenges for the M4, but still need to complete the headshot challenge. I got pissed when I saw I had to get more than 250. Headshot are hard for me with the M4.

Well it goes higher - think to 500 but not sure if anything after that. I had 400 odd headshots with the FAMAS before I prestiged ! So was under 100 headshots and i'd have had the Fall Camo for it :(
 
There are hacks out there - I've seen aimbots and Cold-Blooded-ignoring - but they're not very common.


Its not an aimbot mod, its choppergunner ammo mod. People keep saying its aimbot but its not. You mod the default_mp.xex with a bin editor and it gives you choppergunner ammo from your weapon so if you hit anywhere near them they die. There are detection mods that will let you see people through walls and mark them for you to locate but as of right now the only true aimbots are on pc only.

It's a hack. I'm not making this up. This happened more than once, and it happened just like KZ2. I figured it's some sort of prestige perk, but if you say so otherwise.

Cold blooded pro will take the red cross hairs and name from above the person when you aim on them if they have it, I'm guessing thats what your seeing. I'm fairly heavily involved in the modding community and nobody has released any or talked about any DEV files that involve being able to do that, and there won't be any. Just like there won't be any "UFO" (No Clip) flying on MW2 because they pulled the DEV string that we were able to use to do that. I don't know about on PS3 because I only have the 360 version to be able to look at all the code in it though.
 
Hey guys...

I got a question... How many people have prestiged and how many have not??... I've been at level 70 for a couple of weeks now finishing off challenges and such. But I remember when I prestiged in CoD4 I regretted it so bad I stopped playing around lvl 40 Prestige 1, because I just couldnt be bothered to get the weapons I wanted anymore... So this time in MW2 Ive reached lvl 70 now and I'm very scared (:p) of prestiging... Ive just been putting it off and getting as many challenges done as I can... I fear that if I prestige I will regret it and meet the same fate I had in CoD 4...

At the moment I like the idea that I have all the weapons and enjoy trying out new combos and perks. So in my eyes, the only thing Im missing by not prestiging is a new sign next to my name, higher scores from the extra challenges and I dont see that as enough of a reason to throw it all away and start over... What are the thoughts of others in here?? :) Just curious to know and depending on the answers it might just pull me across the line... 👍
 
Last edited:
I have prestiged and i'm at level 23 1st prestige.

Yes its a pain getting all the unlocks again and getting the perks on pro again but i plan on playing this game for a long time and without prestiging you cannot even access alot of the challenges and you will not be able to get some of the titles and emblems.

So for me i think its the only time im going to prestige - when i reach level 70 i am going to attack all of the challenges and upgrade every weapon !!
 
As you know i have prestiged. I think its worth it, atleast one round. Because you will get new challenges for your weapon, 1000 headshot and 2500 kills. Many new titles and emblems and a hole new challenge chapter with challenges like 1000kills with silence weapon 1000kills with predator+many more. Go for it;)
 
I have prestiged and i'm at level 23 1st prestige.

Yes its a pain getting all the unlocks again and getting the perks on pro again but i plan on playing this game for a long time and without prestiging you cannot even access alot of the challenges and you will not be able to get some of the titles and emblems.

So for me i think its the only time im going to prestige - when i reach level 70 i am going to attack all of the challenges and upgrade every weapon !!

As you know i have prestiged. I think its worth it, atleast one round. Because you will get new challenges for your weapon, 1000 headshot and 2500 kills. Many new titles and emblems and a hole new challenge chapter with challenges like 1000kills with silence weapon 1000kills with predator+many more. Go for it;)

Ok, everyone ive talked about this said the same thing... New challenges and leveling up goes quite fast as well, because of the extra challenges... I'm going to sleep on it for night and make a decision then... Thanks for the replies 👍

A couple more questions though: Do all of your challenges reset when you prestige?? And do the extra prestige challenges reset or do they just keep running?
 
Prestige challenges does not reset but regular challenges does.
 
It was the 1st time i prestiged so i cant comment for those prestige challenges but everything reset ! Titles and Emblems stayed tho !
 
so say i get 480 headshots out of 500 and i prestige back on prestige2 level 1, will i continue from 480 or will that be reset to 0 again.
 
Sounds like if its in the prestige challenge for the weapon it will stay - but the standard weapon challenges it will definately reset ! But im not going to prestige again so i will never need to know !
 
In that case i would have gone all the way to 500 because it will be reset.
 
Edit: Whoopsys, check for extra pages next time!

In my own news, there's a neat trick to do Snatch and Grab on Veteran solo. Put simply, run the entire thing, zig zagging and such (and swap for a shotgun at the start). If you get it right, in about 10 mins of trying you'll have the mission done in approx 90 seconds and I didn't kill a single person. The juggernaut at the start may be the main barrier but it depends which side it spawns. Use flashbangs in new areas and it's happy days.
 
A few questions if anybody knows...

  • Is there a team perk that allows its members to be more 'bullet resistant' than when they first started? I ask because I was playing a game where I could kill an enemy with the usual quick burst of ACR, but toward the end of the game, I needed to unload the entire magazine!
Sounds like a lag issue to me, over the course of the game, usually the connection just gets worse, same with the name issue (Though Cold-Blooded Pro might help that out by removing the red name above you when you use it)
  • How many total 'headshots' do the automatic rifles go up to for a challenge completion? I know it goes up to 350, at least, but how much higher does it go from there? 500? 1,000?

From my experience, it's 500 headshots. After you get the Fall Camo though, you don't unlock anything else. (Unless you prestige, which means you can get the "Headshot" Gun specific title, so effectively that counts as 1,000 headshots if you prestige then redo the challenges again.

Edit: Didn't notice the new page, I've been tree'd by a whole page length now :ouch:

From,
Chris.
 
I'm planning on going prest at least once to get the extra custom slot, as far as more than the first time I can't say until I play the game a while to see if I stick with it or if I jump back on COD4.
 
so say i get 480 headshots out of 500 and i prestige back on prestige2 level 1, will i continue from 480 or will that be reset to 0 again.

The prestige challenge for 500 headshots won't reset, but you won't be able to finish it until you unlock the gun on the next prestige.
 
[/LIST]
Sounds like a lag issue to me, over the course of the game, usually the connection just gets worse, same with the name issue (Though Cold-Blooded Pro might help that out by removing the red name above you when you use it)


From my experience, it's 500 headshots. After you get the Fall Camo though, you don't unlock anything else. (Unless you prestige, which means you can get the "Headshot" Gun specific title, so effectively that counts as 1,000 headshots if you prestige then redo the challenges again.

Edit: Didn't notice the new page, I've been tree'd by a whole page length now :ouch:

From,
Chris.

Actually, Fall Camo is 250. At least I got it at 250 for the M4. Doesn't matter, 'cause I've switched to the ACR. Actually, I'm currently playing as a sniper.

It happened again. The 'green' name above an enemy that turns red when you aim at them. This time, I didn't shoot. I followed him after his name turned red. He went around a corner, and when I turned to go after him, the red was gone and no green name above him. I think it's just a game glitch and not a hack. My game has all sorts of glitches. I got so tired of the Stinger glitch (noting gets shot down after a clear lock on) I've switched to a shotgun secondary.

Also, can't believe the .50BMG is not a 'one shot kill' sniper rifle. In anything, that's the gun to be it. Is there a way, besides aiming for the head, to make it a one shot kill rifle? FMJ?
 
Actually, Fall Camo is 250. At least I got it at 250 for the M4. Doesn't matter, 'cause I've switched to the ACR. Actually, I'm currently playing as a sniper.

It happened again. The 'green' name above an enemy that turns red when you aim at them. This time, I didn't shoot. I followed him after his name turned red. He went around a corner, and when I turned to go after him, the red was gone and no green name above him. I think it's just a game glitch and not a hack. My game has all sorts of glitches. I got so tired of the Stinger glitch (noting gets shot down after a clear lock on) I've switched to a shotgun secondary.

Also, can't believe the .50BMG is not a 'one shot kill' sniper rifle. In anything, that's the gun to be it. Is there a way, besides aiming for the head, to make it a one shot kill rifle? FMJ?

Some air support has flares and thus the stinger will not hit on first attempt. The pavelow, chopper gunner and Ac130 are examples.

Secondly, the intervention and barrett become one shot kills with stopping power in almost any area of the body. FMJ does not raise the weapons power, it only makes it more powerful then a normal round when travelling through something, do not be mislead by the statistic. I haven't tested other rifles.
 
No, it's the Berreta 9mm. I recognize the slide and top barrel. I guess it's just a sniper's side arm. They must have a SplitFish or other similar controller that allows them automatic fire. I have it with mine, but I never use it. The recoil is ridiculous.

There is no Beretta in the game, so you are mistaken. I believe you are thinking of the M9 pistol, which looks similar, but is semi-auto. Though I guess the M9 is a Beretta Variant now that I've googled a bit. As for the automatic thing, they may not be using a controller for it... I've had my friends mistake my FAL for being automatic more than a few times and I just use the Dualshock3

On a side note about handguns, I think I've found an error with the recording of stats for it. For my USP mastery, I have 158 kills, but for my Prestige Veteran, I have 152... I want to think off hand kills with my left hand gun don't count for some reason, because I noticed this after switching to akimbo usage.
 
Last edited:
There is no Beretta in the game, so you are mistaken. I believe you are thinking of the M9 pistol, which looks similar, but is semi-auto. Though I guess the M9 is a Beretta Variant now that I've googled a bit. As for the automatic thing, they may not be using a controller for it... I've had my friends mistake my FAL for being automatic more than a few times and I just use the Dualshock3

There are two Beretta handguns in the game. The M9 is also known as the Beretta 92 and is the weapon that replaced the M1911 as the standard service sidearm in the United States Army and Marines. The M9 is just the designation that the services have given to the weapon.

The M93 Raffica is a variation on the Beretta 92, in that the Raffica has been adapted to three round burst fire, instead of the M9's single shot, and is most likely the weapon that Solid Lifters is talking about.
 
Last edited:
It happened again. The 'green' name above an enemy that turns red when you aim at them. This time, I didn't shoot. I followed him after his name turned red. He went around a corner, and when I turned to go after him, the red was gone and no green name above him. I think it's just a game glitch and not a hack. My game has all sorts of glitches. I got so tired of the Stinger glitch (noting gets shot down after a clear lock on) I've switched to a shotgun secondary.

The happen again deal isn't your game, its your connection. Lag. I knew it wasn't a "hack" since I picked apart all the dvars in the game to see what they left in and took out from COD4 and what you were describing just wouldn't be possible on the console. As far as the Stinger glitch, just like Dragonistic said, its not a glitch either its just the support dropping flares to detour your missile. Shoot one more at it and it will be out of flares to drop and bam you will hit it.
 
Or free-fire with an RPG7 if you have it unlocked. No lock-on capability = unaffected by flares = guaranteed to hit if you aimed it properly.
 
Here's a pretty entertaining video. It's a youtube video, but I can't post it directly due to language. We all know about people abusing(or utilizing ;) ) One Man Army, and this is pretty crazy. Just for the record, I've used One Man Army(standard) like once. :lol:
Hey guys...

I got a question... How many people have prestiged and how many have not??...
I would, at least once. I did it for the extra custom class slot they give you for every other prestige. I also had a title I really wanted that you can get only by prestiging.
 
Back