Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,713 views
You are shooting them too close to you. There is a timer, very short, before they'll actually arm. Likely designed to keep you from killing yourself with them...

If Im too close I usually just shot the grenade directly into the guy im trying to kill... Works like a charm... no noise, no explosion.... just a lifeless body on the ground.. :)
 
I learnt something yesterday that apparently alot of people know, when your in killcam and you press start all of the enemies appear as green arrows and the guy that killed you is a yellow arrow, it shows all of the enemies positions regardless of any perks. Apparently people have known since the start of cod4 :crazy:.

I never knew this !!

Does anyone use it? I mean does it help in anyway apart from revenge kills on a camper?
 
I imagine it would be mighty useful in the fight against nuke boosters
icon_twisted.gif
 
I used it sometimes in COD4 but I really never rely on it or bother with it. I can tell where campers are by the kill cam and most of the team aren't camping usually so it doesn't really help me out much. There was a dvar you could use in COD4 to turn on the hud with uav for everyone on your team in HC in COD4 but im not sure if they fixed that dvar line or not in MW2. Soon as i get my breakbox 360 back I will pull the codes off and look. But nobody wants to use that because its cheating, just curious....
 
If Im too close I usually just shot the grenade directly into the guy im trying to kill... Works like a charm... no noise, no explosion.... just a lifeless body on the ground.. :)

Yes, I've done that too, but it doesn't guarantee a kill, though. But, what I hate is when I'm far enough away from being killed, and the damn thing still wont detonate. Very frustrating. So, I'm camping. It' allows me to shoot from a distance and blow up somebody.

Yeah, I hate doing it, but it's the only way to clear some challenges I need. I went 15 and 2 once, and that was my best I've ever done. However, I came in fourth on my team because I was camping too much.

As soon as all my challenges are cleared, I'll stop using Danger Close Pro, One Man Army Pro and the claymores with a noob tube.

This set up is starting to appear all over the place. I played a match with guys on the enemy team that had four members with noob tubes. It was ridiculous. Again, I don't score that many extra points, but I do get better killstreaks.

Oh, and when I get to level 70, how do I avoid starting back to 1 (prestige)?
 
Just dont press the prestige option and you won't prestige.
 
I'll be playing again tonight, and get the feeling already that I will be noob tubing again. I'm bad.
I never knew this !!

Does anyone use it? I mean does it help in anyway apart from revenge kills on a camper?
I never knew about it. I'd never have used it anyway, because when I'm killed, I mumble or yell something along the lines of "@#!$%^&*", and are too busy hitting the button to get back in the match again. :p
I always turn away though because cool guys don't look at explosions.
All I can tell you guys from this video is that I was the first one in my middle school to wear those JJ Abraham's glasses. It was really cool. At the time. 👍
 
Did quite bad today on mw2,not been my usual self (keeping a good ratio) ...We need a strong team guys i think asap , i hate joining games with unknown people because I do not know what they are going to do next, if you know what I mean , Im getting to know how fairplay & theewar work on their tactics , Just need a few more veteran guys to help us out ,👍
 
I wonder what proper team deathmatch would be like. Like with a real clan. I play with people(I know) all the time, but we all go do what we ever want. Rarely, we win because we worked together. We just win, because we were pretty decent, individually.
 
I play with my clan on Search and Destroy everyday and if there is at least 3 of us we will dominate for hours. It works so well. Usually ending up around 9 kills and one death with an xp of around 10000 at the end of each match.
 
Wow, I just got really pissed off at this game. I was having what could have been the game of my life, and it craps out. I had 24 kills, and only 3 deaths. And, I did it without camping. I was just always at the right place at the right time. I even got 3 kills with one shot TWICE! And, the game craps out. 2,100 XPS which was almost twice as anybody else.

To find out what could have happened, I did a connection test. It said my Nat Type was 2 and the game said my NAT type was "average." What does that mean?
 
Wow, I just got really pissed off at this game. I was having what could have been the game of my life, and it craps out. I had 24 kills, and only 3 deaths. And, I did it without camping. I was just always at the right place at the right time. I even got 3 kills with one shot TWICE! And, the game craps out. 2,100 XPS which was almost twice as anybody else.

To find out what could have happened, I did a connection test. It said my Nat Type was 2 and the game said my NAT type was "average." What does that mean?


Never had it happen, but I'm on a network that I pay for:sly:
 
Did quite bad today on mw2,not been my usual self (keeping a good ratio) ...We need a strong team guys i think asap , i hate joining games with unknown people because I do not know what they are going to do next, if you know what I mean , Im getting to know how fairplay & theewar work on their tactics , Just need a few more veteran guys to help us out ,👍

Im up for some teamplay :) I usually just run and gun, but if a good strategy is presented Im all for it... I will become a team player in that case 👍
 
Wow, I just got really pissed off at this game. I was having what could have been the game of my life, and it craps out. I had 24 kills, and only 3 deaths. And, I did it without camping. I was just always at the right place at the right time. I even got 3 kills with one shot TWICE! And, the game craps out. 2,100 XPS which was almost twice as anybody else.

To find out what could have happened, I did a connection test. It said my Nat Type was 2 and the game said my NAT type was "average." What does that mean?
I know the game you speak of. Everywhere you wave your gun, there they are! :D And it seems like before you even pull the trigger, they are dropping to the ground. I am so sorry, Solid. That is a bummer.

I got really angry at the game, too. Actually, at the connection. I often cry in here, I damn near emptied the clip at "this guy", he just turns around, pick up the gun and shoots me dead. I saw a pretty telling replay today. From my perspective, I got three rounds into this guy, before he fired and dropped me. In the replay, as I fired the first round, I dropped dead. No wonder I died. I imagined the last two rounds from my SCAR! Awwwww, I love it, I love it, I love it. :dopey:
 
To find out what could have happened, I did a connection test. It said my Nat Type was 2 and the game said my NAT type was "average." What does that mean?

Ideally you want the game to say your NAT type is 'Open', especially when hosting a party, but other then that once you're in a game it shouldn't have a big effect.
 
Finally got my BB back last night and got started on the campaign, great campaign but man it was short! I can't do multiplayer yet because I don't have internet (this is a "borrowed" signal I use for my pc) yet...
 
The campaign is indeed a nice thrill ride, it's in complete contrast to the last new game I played, Assassins Creed 2, which starts slowly and moves at a steady ish pace, gaining towards the end. MW2 starts very quickly and throws you into the frey quickly with little mucking about. It's a shame it ends as quickly as it started, but short and sweet works on a multiplayer focuses game such as this. Spec Ops with a buddy is also excellent.
 
This game has now crossed the 1 billion mark in sales!
 
Legendary, do you remember how many assists I got yesterday in demolition? :p
 
I'll be playing again tonight, and get the feeling already that I will be noob tubing again. I'm bad.

If you on PSN send me an invite when you do, I always like to have a semi consistent team rather than being slotted with super noobs...
 
Legendary, do you remember how many assists I got yesterday in demolition? :p
14 last time I checked which was alongside 29kills and 29 deaths. May have hit 15 by the end of it, apparently your gun wasnt strong enough.
 
I got cold-blooded pro today over the course of two games using the shoot at a falling chopper tactic. I love how you don't even have to send it in a spiral yourself, if you see it going down and have cold-blooded on just shoot at it.

Oh and there is nothing more annoying than getting loads of assists, IMO it's worse than dying because you know you've done all the work, just not finished them off.
 
I just tried this out yesterday, I have known about it for AGES though.

It is a pretty interesting glitch, if you shoot the gun with a claymore it looks quite funny. If you use a semtex and shoot a grenade launcher with it it actually looks like you are throwing the grenade.

 
I was (ab)using One Man Army/Danger Close just before when I unlocked the "Dominoes" challenge - kill an enemy by triggering a chain reaction of explosives.

It was during a Domination at Karachi, at C; I lobbed a noobtube into the area and BOOM, double kill, Dominoes challenge completed. Oddly, I got the accolade for most C4 kills so someone must've laid down a ton of C4 by the flag, and I ended up setting them off :D
 
If you on PSN send me an invite when you do, I always like to have a semi consistent team rather than being slotted with super noobs...
"Semi-consistent", I couldn't have described my game any better. :lol:

You probably haven't noticed, but I haven't been on PSN in awhile. I've been working on XBL account, and what I really noticed this time, switching between the analog stick of PS3 & X360 sucks. At least to me. So, while I haven't been back on PSN , I've achieved just about everything I was looking to achieve on XBL, and I should be spamming invites to you gtplanet folks soon on PSN(heads up, Legendary & Tsukuba). :D
I got cold-blooded pro today over the course of two games using the shoot at a falling chopper tactic. I love how you don't even have to send it in a spiral yourself, if you see it going down and have cold-blooded on just shoot at it.

Oh and there is nothing more annoying than getting loads of assists, IMO it's worse than dying because you know you've done all the work, just not finished them off.
Agreed on assists. At the very least, it should have a spot in the stats category. That to me would be the least of consolation for getting screwed. :p

On the glitch, I'm against cheating, but that cold blooded pro trick isn't really hurting anyone. I want to do it, too. :p Big time hypocrite, I am!
 
Anyone managed a headshot with the noobtube? I have :D
 
I just went 30-5 in FFA in Quarry, then 30-3 in Wasteland.. I've found FFA is the only game type I've been doing good lately. I think it's because whenever I try to go my way in a team based gametype I usually have a team mate behind me giving away my position whenever he sees an enemy. In FFA I've always played tactically.. Crouching and hearing for enemy footsteps, using silenced guns, etc. Even in CoD4
 
Back