Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,345 views
No claymores still work with smoke. I'm with Dragonistic on this, the smoke can help immensely in a capture, especially on maps like Wasteland and Rundown (point B) where you can use it to block sight lines for snipers.

In other news, I got mastery of the Vector finally. Figured I might as well after I had unlocked everything else for it... Getting 40 penetration kills takes for ever with it, but I also found it works oddly well with Thermal. Either way, I now have the shiny gold title's for the MP5, UMP, and Vector. And having spent so much time with it, I have to say it lacks stopping power that the UMP and MP5 have, and then it lacks ammo as well.

Also, handguns FTW. I've had several times now where someone will charge me if I still have my Sniper Rifle out, thinking it will take me a moment to change over to a Shotgun or the PP2000, when in fact I just bust out Akimbo Silenced USPs and drop them. Already have over 200 kills on this Prestige with them, and over 400 total.
 
Oh, and I haven't earned the dot sight for the AK, and I don't think I ever will.
Oh, Solid, you should just get it. Just for the amusement. When I tried it out, it was night & day difference with, or without the red dot.
Dealing with campers is really easy......
It can be the most fun, or most trying experience IMO. :lol:

The different type of players I guess. Camping never bothered me but that's because I never dealt with teams where camping was majority of what they did. During the 20 some matches from last night, that's what I noticed. It's not easy to deal with them when you're one of 2 people on your team that move around while every other players sits around and waits.
What rank are you at, and have you prestiged? Reason why I ask, dealing with the campers depend so much on your knowledge of the maps. Not just the layout, but what angle to throw the stun grenades, etc, thorough which window. Million different things you can do to fool the campers, approaching them without being noticed, etc., etc. And of course, there will be matches that you can do everything right, and still get owned.

I don't know. For me, even with the CoD4, it's always up & down. If it's "down hill" right now, it will go up. This game never stays up or down. I will say CoD4 was far more addictive than MW2 for me.
Thats useally true, because MOST campers are players who dont dare do anything else. (in my experience) But there are good campers out there who dont sit in one spot, but stay in a certain area.. And If you meet a team who camp in HQ after they have captured HQ (in tactical spots) your in for a hard time!
Yeah, if you camp in just one spot, you are either a complete noob, or it's a damn good camping spot. :lol:


Basically I have been having problems getting online in Modern Warfare 2 on PS3. What happens is firstly I can get as far as the barracks screen but when I select the option to find a game the usual screen comes up, saying "fetching playlists." But it never seems to be able to update the playlists.

This problem has only happened to me this week (10/01/10), and has never happened before. This happens even though i am signed into the PSN as well lol.

If anyone could please help me fix this problem that would be awesome, thanks
Somebody mentioned an similar issue back in November. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any fix for this. After bit of googling, some seems to think this is not your PS3, modem, or router, but the actual MW2 server. Because they can still play other games online, just not the MW2. Sorry to hear this. What a bummer!
 
Well apparently I am pretty much useless with a handgun, but the SPAS-12 is a different story. The SPAS-12 has seemingly done wonders for me in Demolition when I am trying to defend a bomb.

And I just think I had the most kills and deaths I have had in one game with a 23-1-22 during a Demolition match at Terminal. The bomb in the plane is just a pain in the butt to blow up.
 
Last edited:
Well apparently I am pretty much useless with a handgun, but the SPAS-12 is a different story. The SPAS-12 has seemingly done wonders for me in Demolition when I am trying to defend a bomb.

And I just think I had the most kills and deaths I have had in one game with a 23-1-22 during a Demolition match at Terminal. The bomb in the plane is just a pain in the butt to blow up.

Some of the maps generally have one much more difficult bomb site for demolition, in an ideal world you want to get the hardest first whilst the defenders are more split, or try to plant them both in very quick succession.
 
Some of the maps generally have one much more difficult bomb site for demolition, in an ideal world you want to get the hardest first whilst the defenders are more split, or try to plant them both in very quick succession.

Both of those options work well, but most teams are not that coordinated. Depending on the map, I try to go for the bomb that the fewest of my teammates are headed towards at the beginning and plant/defend that position.
 
Both of those options work well, but most teams are not that coordinated. Depending on the map, I try to go for the bomb that the fewest of my teammates are headed towards at the beginning and plant/defend that position.

Yea it is unfortunate that nobody really works together unless you already know them, but thats just COD life really.
 
This match making system is a joke...

I had my room mate and my brother in a party... first game we try to join, I lose my room mate... and I've been waiting close to 5 minutes to join a game now with him.
 
What rank are you at, and have you prestiged? Reason why I ask, dealing with the campers depend so much on your knowledge of the maps. Not just the layout, but what angle to throw the stun grenades, etc, thorough which window. Million different things you can do to fool the campers, approaching them without being noticed, etc., etc. And of course, there will be matches that you can do everything right, and still get owned.

Level70 since mid november. I don't have a problem with campers or how they play the game, I was just noticing that it has gotten much worse in the month I was away.
 
I had some nice TDM games earlier with gtp-dan(The Cracker) and GTP-Chris, I think I've finally got into this game now. Although I have no idea how I finished 15-10 in a match I started with 10-1.
 
Took the plunge and prestiged. Having a party right now, too. It's crazy over here. lol
 
I think at least the very first prestige is justified, since you get that extra custom class slot.
Level70 since mid november. I don't have a problem with campers or how they play the game, I was just noticing that it has gotten much worse in the month I was away.
OK, reason why I asked was because you mentioned that you had hard time dealing with matches full of campers. 👍
Although I have no idea how I finished 15-10 in a match I started with 10-1.
That'll happen. :lol:
 
Anyone having connection problems? I've spent more time this week since CoD 4 getting disconnected or lagging out then anything else. Now I see nothing but Host Migration and trying to join rooms, which takes about 3 minutes until it finds one, then get disconnected after a minute. And to top it all off it just froze at the end of a game. Lovely game :grumpy:👎
 
Yeah I've noticed it seems to be taking ages before I can find a solid game, usually it matches me up in a room in which nobody joins, thus never getting enough players to start the game or having such a bad connection everyone quits after they see host migration for the second time within a minute of playing.
 
Ok, well at least it wasn't some weird connection problem with my internet service. Think I'm going to take a little break though after my week long push to get as many points as possible with the M4. Hopefully the connection thing will be sorted out soon.
 
That'll happen. :lol:
Tell me about it... 14-5 on Scrapyard turns into 17-13 :dopey:

I was doing a TDM on Invasion using only my akimbo class (this time, silenced UMPs and silenced G18s) when I got a care package with an AC130 in it (my first AC130, even)... and then the game ended because the score limit had been reached. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at that point. :lol:
 
Well, it just happened. YLOD. During my birthday party, too. Now I know what to ask for a birthday present. I got a headset, and haven't even used it.

I got in a game with Azuremen. Domination at Sub Base. I came in first place overall. ;)

Well, off to the YLOD thread. :rolleyes:
 
Dang, very sorry to hear that, Solid. How long have you had this PS3?
Tell me about it... 14-5 on Scrapyard turns into 17-13 :dopey:
At least, it goes both ways. :lol: Most games I start out horribly, I can at least come close, or get even. Sometimes, even turn it into one of the best games ever!
 
Took the plunge and prestiged. Having a party right now, too. It's crazy over here. lol

Congrats on the prestige.
Sucks about the YLOD though.

On going prestige, for someone to sit at level 70 is no different than camping in my opinion.
Sure take some time to complete some challenges but for some to sit at 70 for the remainder of their online playing is just wrong.
I see too many that are at 70 and been there for many days of online play. I know some that say they are finishing up the challenges, it's an excuse.
A lot of people use their favorite weapon till they hit 70 and then try to finish these challenges after hitting 70, or so they say.
I see the same weapon in their hands.
I try to use all weapons through the ranks.
I will spend some time at 70 (new weapon), but not long.

This is not aimed at anyone here, just saying.
C'mon move on already, don't be scared.

Of course, if it means the YLOD, I'll stay at 70 forever.
 
I have absolutely no interest in Prestiging, so I'm happy to stay at lvl 70 and use the weapons I like.
I have a couple of guns that i prefer and use those all the time. I don't even use the other guns for getting challenges.
 
If you prestige, do all the challenges get reset?
 
Yep, only keep the titles and emblems and lose everything else. I only did it just to do it alteast once, this one will be my only one. I think though you get one more custom slot and some more challenges which are kinda fun.
 
Congrats on the prestige.
Sucks about the YLOD though.

On going prestige, for someone to sit at level 70 is no different than camping in my opinion.
Sure take some time to complete some challenges but for some to sit at 70 for the remainder of their online playing is just wrong.
I see too many that are at 70 and been there for many days of online play. I know some that say they are finishing up the challenges, it's an excuse.
A lot of people use their favorite weapon till they hit 70 and then try to finish these challenges after hitting 70, or so they say.
I see the same weapon in their hands.
I try to use all weapons through the ranks.
I will spend some time at 70 (new weapon), but not long.

This is not aimed at anyone here, just saying.
C'mon move on already, don't be scared.

Of course, if it means the YLOD, I'll stay at 70 forever.

Some people just enjoy having every option available to them, myself for example, I despise being forced to play without the set up I want which lasts for the first 25 levels at least, then another 5-10 until I get the stinger to finish it off so I can help my team out as best I can. I don't enjoy running about with stopping power, steady aim, sleight of hand, all nice perks but just not for me.

In the end as long as you can play how you want, no amount of nice badges and challenges will enhance the experience for me. When I get there I'll be able to mess around with things and play any style, any time, any game or I can just stick with what I enjoy most. For me, the fun in the game isn't ranking up and getting new badges titles and such, it's just playing the game with some friends once every 2 or 3 days. On that basis, there's no motivation for me to be forced into playing ways I've already been through before for another week or 2 (because of how often I play), badges, challenges, titles, they're all superficial to me and when you're playing the actual game they make zero difference to me unless I get them by accident.

Similarly the extra custom slot is void as I change my set ups when I see what map is coming up, and I never use 5 in a whole match let alone 6. I can understand why people like all the things involved with prestige, but for me they don't appeal to me due to simply not enjoying the first half of the rankings as they spoil the way I play. If I want to play differently, I can at level 70 anyway, I don't need to be forced to and I can avoid playing with set ups I dislike.

Finally, not prestiging is nothing like camping as camping effects others, your victims, whereas making the decision to prestige for whatever reason is a personal decision which effects nobody else in the game except you.
 
I'm glad I prestiged. I don't regret it. And yes, all your stats and emblems are kept, but all challenges are deleted. You must start all over again. It's no big deal, since the challenges are only good for earning you XP and unlocking items. All of which you want to experience again when you prestige. And yes, you get 'new' challenges you didn't get before.

I think everybody should do it once, because you can unlock new challenges and obtain new emblems. Plus, I think it's fun starting over. I did it with GT, GT2 and GT3 all the time. I say it's worth it.
 
I think everybody should do it once, because you can unlock new challenges and obtain new emblems. Plus, I think it's fun starting over. I did it with GT, GT2 and GT3 all the time. I say it's worth it.

I think it's fun starting over when I enjoy the whole thing, but I didn't enjoy being stuck with the set ups that were there, it wasn't the fact I was restricted it's just I was restricted to things other people like and not myself. And as I already mentioned, challenges and emblems are meaningless to me with most online games, I just play to have fun and do what I want to do.
 
The word Camping is getting used with any and everything at the moment.
If your not prestiging it's your own choise, exactly how is that camping.
Once you reach 10th prestige and your at level 70 that will make you a camper aswell then as you won't be going any further.
 
Had some more TDM games with fellow GTP'ers just.
Had a massive stand-off at the end of a match with Sureboss, I must of thrown my knife 9 times but it never went though the rails at that angle.
 
:D That was funny. The afghan match was driving me insane, one of my team went 4-0-26, I went 19-2-11 (I think a couple of assists), no one else had anything better than a 1in-3 K/D ratio!
 
I think all my deaths in that match were because of you, shot me just before a killstreak award too.
 
Yeah, Cracker shot me as I was just about to get a Harrier. :D
 
Posting this quickly here cause there's lot sof traffic and I know a few of you have 360s...

Quick clarification. Gold membership allows one online profile only. Right.

So me and my bro can't have seperate online profiles, on the same 360, using 1 Gold membership?
 
Back