Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,713 views
I was being disconnected from games/lobbies and being separated from my own party many times tonight. What the heck?
 
Anyone managed a headshot with the noobtube? I have :D

I did it just yesterday and laughed my ass off! It's so damn hilarious! :) Actually, I've had them both ways. With detonation and without. Without is so much more fun, IMO.

Haven't played all day. The boys had some friends and their cousins over and they stole my PS3! :grumpy: A house with 6-7 kids, each screaming their heads off, "Owwwwww! Ahhhhhhhh! Daaaaammmmnnnnn! GOTCHA! HEADSHOT! WHAT!?" coming from two different rooms from the house was down right funny as hell! It was a party at my house, this afternoon! 👍
 
Anyone managed a headshot with the noobtube? I have :D

Yeah, done it with predator too :sly:


I had some matches on free for all yesterday and I have forgot how much of a advantage it is to be host! I hosted for around 2 hours and won each round. Normally I have a delay around 0.2-0,5 sec(4 bars, full connection) but when I hosted I had zero delay :dopey: It maybe sounds like little improvement, but it makes a HUGE difference! Atleast when you run and gun.. It was a absolute pleasure to play the game how its ment to, but a absolute pain to go back to not hosting..
 
Legendary posted some clips of these guys before... Episode 1 and 2 I believe... Just got this in from a friend... Not sure if it was posted already.. could be I missed it... Here it is anyway.. sorry if its been posted already...

Nuke Myth revisited...

 
Yeah, done it with predator too :sly:


I had some matches on free for all yesterday and I have forgot how much of a advantage it is to be host! I hosted for around 2 hours and won each round. Normally I have a delay around 0.2-0,5 sec(4 bars, full connection) but when I hosted I had zero delay :dopey: It maybe sounds like little improvement, but it makes a HUGE difference! Atleast when you run and gun.. It was a absolute pleasure to play the game how its ment to, but a absolute pain to go back to not hosting..


I played last night but since im borrowing wifi from around 100 yards away my connection hovers around 2-3 bars so it really sucks. But at least im able to play until I get cable back in my house next month.
 
Legendary posted some clips of these guys before... Episode 1 and 2 I believe... Just got this in from a friend... Not sure if it was posted already.. could be I missed it... Here it is anyway.. sorry if its been posted already...

Nuke Myth revisited...



I didnt bother posting it, it came out the day after :lol:.
 
Woo-hoo! Made level 70! Now, I can quit.

Seriously, I've got a lot to unlock, still. A few more headshots with the ACR, and I'll use my new AK47.
 
I just tried an all-akimbo setup... it was awesome.

Rapid Fire/Akimbo Mini-Uzi, Extended Mags/Akimbo G18, Bling Pro (obviously), Hardline Pro, Steady Aim Pro; UAV/Care Package/Predator KS setup (2-3-4 due to Hardline). Chuck Karachi into the mix, and I went 19-14, with the match-winning kill and calling in about five UAVs. :lol:

Somehow managed to go 14-4 at Scrapyard earlier too, by far my best game in terms of KDR O.o
 
Woo-hoo! Made level 70! Now, I can quit.

Seriously, I've got a lot to unlock, still. A few more headshots with the ACR, and I'll use my new AK47.

AK47 is disappointing in MW2. It's lacks the power of the Modern Warfare version and the recoil is considerably more annoying too.
 
AK47 is disappointing in MW2. It's lacks the power of the Modern Warfare version and the recoil is considerably more annoying too.

I never played enough of MW to earn the AK, so I can't base my opinion on that. However, I hear it's a cross between the M4 and the SCAR-H. I'm gonna go try it right now.

Oh, and lately I can't seem to join any games from invites I get. What could be the cause?
 
I never played enough of MW to earn the AK, so I can't base my opinion on that. However, I hear it's a cross between the M4 and the SCAR-H. I'm gonna go try it right now.

Oh, and lately I can't seem to join any games from invites I get. What could be the cause?

You never played MW online? Fair enough. I don't think it's much like either of those two guns, it's just horribly inaccurate in my experience, when you do finally hit them, they won't die because of it's rubbish power. Less power than the M4 and SCAR-H, accuracy is slightly worse than the SCAR-H I would say, but much worse than the M4.

If you can't join from invites it's most likely because the game is already full, it should come up with that message though.
 
I liked the AK when I had it. Everytime I used it I took out everyone I came into a firefight with. I decied to prestige though, which I kind of resent it though since I lost my Cold-Blooded perk and now I feel naked. Almost back to level 25 though I'm close to getting it again. My best combo thought is M4 and Spas-12 with had grip, I love the Spas-12.
 
Although I would agree that AK is not as good as it was in the CoD4, it's never been an accurate gun by any stretch of imagination. I loved that gun to death, and it was heavily in my rotation, but that gun, it always had to be compensated for the big recoil.

It had really good range, just because it also had so much damn stopping power. You just hit the target in short bursts, compensate for the recoil, they go down no problem.

I haven't used the gun that much in MW2, I had it briefly in XBL before I prestiged. I just remember it sucked really bad without the red dot, and with it, it started to feel more familiar again.
 
AK-47 blows. It's GROSSLY inaccurate. Only good for close or short range, and then I'd rather use a shotgun. Oh, and the AK-47 is a lot more powerful than the M4. The M4 has a pathetic power rating. The M16 is a lot more powerful than it. M16 and AK-47 are about equal.

I had to stop playing. Way too many guys with faster internet connections than me, and too many idiots who like to camp in Domination games. Morons.

Oh, does EVERYTHING get clearing when you prestige?
 
too many idiots who like to camp in Domination games. Morons.
To be fair, as long as there is still one member of the defending team by a flag in Domination the enemy can't capture it, so camping is *marginally* more acceptable in DM than, say, CTF, S&D, Demolition or TDM...
 
AK-47 blows. It's GROSSLY inaccurate. Only good for close or short range, and then I'd rather use a shotgun. Oh, and the AK-47 is a lot more powerful than the M4. The M4 has a pathetic power rating. The M16 is a lot more powerful than it. M16 and AK-47 are about equal.
Did you earn a red dot for it? Like I said in my post, that sight actually made a huge difference in my case.
To be fair, as long as there is still one member of the defending team by a flag in Domination the enemy can't capture it, so camping is *marginally* more acceptable in DM than, say, CTF, S&D, Demolition or TDM...
In team deathmatch, IMO, it can be completely acceptable, or completely unacceptable(and of course, anywhere in between). Depends on the match, especially the match ups.
 
Even though my internet connection is always around 2 or 3 bars had a really good game tonight. Played with jamal is legend, sorry don't remember who you are on the forums here. Came in first, and that's the first time I have ever played domination. I was just running like a madman back and forth between two points. Capture , run and kill and capture, then run back and re-capture etc. And I love my care packages and emergency drops. Got the ac130 in that match through my care package and the emergency drops always give grea stuff.
 
just went back to MW2 after a 3 week break. It takes a while to get used to but damn has the game gone down the drain.
 
just went back to MW2 after a 3 week break. It takes a while to get used to but damn has the game gone down the drain.

Would you maybe care to elaborate a little on that? What has gotten worse in your eyes?
 
To be fair, as long as there is still one member of the defending team by a flag in Domination the enemy can't capture it, so camping is *marginally* more acceptable in DM than, say, CTF, S&D, Demolition or TDM...

Camping is OK when you have three flags. Not like with the game I was playing, with only one flag obtained and yet three team members camping at it. The other team were camping at the two spots they held. This makes for a horrible game that gets me killed over, and over, and over, and over, and over again as I, the only person on my team, try to capture a second flag.

How is that fair? These other guys are stupid, lazy, gutless morons (French/Mexican).

Oh, and I haven't earned the dot sight for the AK, and I don't think I ever will.
 
Dealing with campers is really easy......
 
Would you maybe care to elaborate a little on that? What has gotten worse in your eyes?

The different type of players I guess. Camping never bothered me but that's because I never dealt with teams where camping was majority of what they did. During the 20 some matches from last night, that's what I noticed. It's not easy to deal with them when you're one of 2 people on your team that move around while every other players sits around and waits.
 
Dealing with campers is really easy......

Thats useally true, because MOST campers are players who dont dare do anything else. (in my experience) But there are good campers out there who dont sit in one spot, but stay in a certain area.. And If you meet a team who camp in HQ after they have captured HQ (in tactical spots) your in for a hard time!
 
Thats useally true, because MOST campers are players who dont dare do anything else. (in my experience) But there are good campers out there who dont sit in one spot, but stay in a certain area.. And If you meet a team who camp in HQ after they have captured HQ (in tactical spots) your in for a hard time!

That would be me, the guy who sits in an area of the map, usually quite alone but never in one specific place. I only ever do it in certain situations e.g. to stop my team being flanked, defend a flag etc. Which leads me on to most definately the key to domination, forget that third flag. Domination games are basically like having 2 maps only, line and triangle. This is the layout of the flags and in line it is very easy, one at each side and one in the middle. Middle flag is key, get the first and the middle, defend the middle and you will often automatically be defending your 'home' flag because of spawn points and other things. It sounds easy, but getting that middle flag is where it's won or lost as it's also the hardest to take. Going for 3 leaves the middle more open, only worth bothering if you're heavily overpowering the enemy.

Triangle layout works differently and is generally more difficult as it's likely to require a little more finesse on the individuals skill due to the likelyhood of being spread more thinly. As usual both teams spawn near a flag, and most of you bar 1 or 2 want to head for the NEXT nearest flag to try and get their first or at least move into a position to defend against an opposition assault. Due to the less linear nature of the flags, it's useful if you can get a guy or 2 in a middle position between the 2 flags you want, ideally with good sightlines to but without being on those flags if possible e.g. Karachi, A and B can be defended quite easily in one go. Of course with randomers you have no control, but with your buddies you can attempt to get the 2 most desirable flags, those which are easiest to see from the other with the least effort. Explosives are key in defending a flag which is being captured without putting yourself at risk, enemies are less likely to move away from them in their bid to try get that flag.

Another nice trick is to use smoke when capturing, but never throw it ON the flag. Why? Because then your blind and they know you're in there and you'll likely be 'naded. Throw smoke in the most likely direction the enemy is going to come from, like an alleyway or door, so they are blind coming through and will have much more difficulty hitting you without coming through, and you'll see them coming first. Smoke grenades are very underated, using them in this way, throwing them towards the enemy, can be extremely useful, and throwing one on the ground directly infront of you is an excellent way of retreating more safely and rapidly.
 
I'm not keen on campers in Domination matches. Fair enough if we have all three points but when we are losing, or only have one flag, it isn't great.
There was one Domination match which I came second, not many points behind the guy in first. The difference was that the guy in first had 33 kills and I had 12 or so... I got the reward thing for the most points captured that game :)
 
I disagree with the smoke trick. More often, it gets me killed.

The approaching enemy knows where the flag is located. When they see the smoke, they know somebody is camping there and that makes it easier for them to get in range and launch a noob tube and get everyone killed. I know, I've done this several times myself and have gotten at least three kills with one launched grenade. The smoke prevents me from spotting their approach and taking them out.

However, smoke grenades are great at other tactics, but not for the purpose you described. I like to toss a smoke grenade from one side of the flag, and attack from another. Works a lot of the time.

Smoke grenades also work great at approaching and unguarded flag that you have no safe passage to. Toss a smoke grenade around where the enemy is camping, and make your way to the flag.
 
Basically I have been having problems getting online in Modern Warfare 2 on PS3. What happens is firstly I can get as far as the barracks screen but when I select the option to find a game the usual screen comes up, saying "fetching playlists." But it never seems to be able to update the playlists.

This problem has only happened to me this week (10/01/10), and has never happened before. This happens even though i am signed into the PSN as well lol.

If anyone could please help me fix this problem that would be awesome, thanks
 
I disagree with the smoke trick. More often, it gets me killed.

The approaching enemy knows where the flag is located. When they see the smoke, they know somebody is camping there and that makes it easier for them to get in range and launch a noob tube and get everyone killed. I know, I've done this several times myself and have gotten at least three kills with one launched grenade. The smoke prevents me from spotting their approach and taking them out.

However, smoke grenades are great at other tactics, but not for the purpose you described. I like to toss a smoke grenade from one side of the flag, and attack from another. Works a lot of the time.

Smoke grenades also work great at approaching and unguarded flag that you have no safe passage to. Toss a smoke grenade around where the enemy is camping, and make your way to the flag.

It works for me, keeping in mind the second you step on the flag everyone on the enemy team knows you're there anyway so they're going to throw grenades and such anyway, smoke or no smoke they will. Blocking the line of sight just makes them less likely to accurately, and if you're capturing a flag with 3 people in the middle of a game with enemies nearby, you're already foolish. It's much better to spread and get 1/2 person to steadily get the flag, whilst the others cover entries themselves.

If they see smoke, they know what they already know, someones capturing the flag. They're going to be coming if they have any brains and the gift of hearing when they hear 'we're losing X' and to stumble on the smoke they're already there. The best way to really capture a flag if you can co-ordinate to do it, is get someone behind the enemy, ahead of the flag and generally disrupt their approach as best possible. When I say throw a smoke to block their entry, I mean not close and when you don't have your team covering that area well. The noob tubes are rendered useless then unless you're foolish enough to sit directly on the flag as thats where they'll fire hoping for splash damage. Then once the captures done your smoke works as a means to help you get off the flag a little more safely and quickly as you can concentrate a little more on sprinting away rather then worrying about your 6.

I'm someone who likes to capture flags and live to tell the tale rather then capture it then be killed instantly. The way I play means I'm often disrupting defences and attackers from the flanks rather then head on, then get myself into a position to cover friendlies capturing flags or if they've caught up to me, capture it myself. I don't capture many flags but it is rare that I am not in the key areas making life very difficult for the other team to either defend or capture other flags but I do often capture a flag alone when I see a gap and you simply can't hold off the enemy alone easily without just something to make your chances of surviving that little bit better. A blocked line of sight is one easy and quick way to do that.

Smoke grenades have saved my skin alot when attempting captures, I don't see how it doesn't make any difference at all for you and there is certainly no way it makes them more aware of where you actually are because they should already know. Lets be honest more often then not, capturing a flag gets you killed, it's a risk you take by trying to, and it's why most cower as far from the flag itself as possible whilst the bar still rises (and rightly so) explosives will always be enemy number one for capturing and that little bit of smoke can just throw the judgement off enough to save you, especially as they can't aim for you, but aim for the flag which you shouldn't be directly on.
 
The smoke at the flag is still a bad idea. Again, the enemy know you've got it locked down for a capture with or without the smoke. The smoke however, allows them to approach and prevent you from capturing it. When the enemy enters the flag area, the capture of that flag stops until there is a victor. That means, you must wait for the smoke to clear and battle it out.

Combine this with not being able to defend the flag from their ambush and you have a bad execution and use of a smoke grenade. I'd rather have sight on my enemy than be equally blinded when they choose to attack.

I guess that's just me. I hate it when somebody 'pops smoke' while I'm capturing a flag. When it happens, I turn around in the opposite direction waiting for an ambush. It's pointless to look in the smoke.

However, the smoke might work if somebody planted claymores around the area of smoke. I think smoke blocks the red lines. I don't really know, since I've never used this tactic. But, it sounds like a complete waste of smoke grenades and claymores.
 
The smoke at the flag is still a bad idea. Again, the enemy know you've got it locked down for a capture with or without the smoke. The smoke however, allows them to approach and prevent you from capturing it. When the enemy enters the flag area, the capture of that flag stops until there is a victor. That means, you must wait for the smoke to clear and battle it out.

Combine this with not being able to defend the flag from their ambush and you have a bad execution and use of a smoke grenade. I'd rather have sight on my enemy than be equally blinded when they choose to attack.

I guess that's just me. I hate it when somebody 'pops smoke' while I'm capturing a flag. When it happens, I turn around in the opposite direction waiting for an ambush. It's pointless to look in the smoke.

However, the smoke might work if somebody planted claymores around the area of smoke. I think smoke blocks the red lines. I don't really know, since I've never used this tactic. But, it sounds like a complete waste of smoke grenades and claymores.

Thats why you distance the smoke grenade from yourself to enough an extent so that your sight line is only blocked marginally, right by the chokepoint, and there's is blocked massively, looking through the choke on to you. If the smokes close the yes don't do it, which is why you don't want it near you, the nearer it is, the bigger the smoke essentially becomes on your screen.

It happened to us GTP folk in our very first game, the enemy ran in for B in sub base early on, threw down some smoke and got the flag despite my explosives and gunfire, I just couldn't see. They put the smoke to close however, so as soon as they moved away they were shot and we came in and cleaned up.

Speaking of, some good games tonight with the guys, I managed to raise my KDR further still, a now very respectable 2.83, along with grabbing 2 ranks up. I now have an unlock for killstreaks which I'm likely to spend on chopper gunner and then, you guessed it, I'm going for the nuke. With the way I've been playing as of late, it won't take to long to use that nuke after I unlock it on the right map. I already have the AC130, so I could go for the nuke now but I feel it's more beneficial to try get the chopper gunner first as it will be more useful overall. I already have every other streak I'd want, UAV, Counter-UAV, Harrier and the AC130. We came up against some tough games in those last few, we were racking up kills but just couldn't get those flags down for some reason despite our best efforts. Overall I believe we won around half of the matches though, so I'm happy.
 
Back