Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,345 views
I think it's fun starting over when I enjoy the whole thing, but I didn't enjoy being stuck with the set ups that were there, it wasn't the fact I was restricted it's just I was restricted to things other people like and not myself. And as I already mentioned, challenges and emblems are meaningless to me with most online games, I just play to have fun and do what I want to do.

When I started over, I didn't feel stuck. I understand I was at a disadvantage, but that's part of the fun and challenge.

Are there weapons and perks I miss? You bet! I really love Cold Blooded, claymore mines and my Stinger Missile. But, as the game with Azuremen points out, I was able to come in first place overall without too much of a problem. Granted, the team I was on, which included AM, was very good and the enemy team was just as good.

In fact, I've decided to make nice with the SCAR-H, since I prefer the real-world version of it over the M4. I'm OK with it, but I am using Stopping Power. But, I wont use that for long when other perks are made available to me. So, I don't know how long I'll use it. I just might go back to the M4. Before I unlocked the SCAR-H, I was having a lot of fun with it.
 
Congrats on the prestige.
Sucks about the YLOD though.

On going prestige, for someone to sit at level 70 is no different than camping in my opinion.
Sure take some time to complete some challenges but for some to sit at 70 for the remainder of their online playing is just wrong.
I see too many that are at 70 and been there for many days of online play. I know some that say they are finishing up the challenges, it's an excuse.
A lot of people use their favorite weapon till they hit 70 and then try to finish these challenges after hitting 70, or so they say.
I see the same weapon in their hands.
I try to use all weapons through the ranks.
I will spend some time at 70 (new weapon), but not long.

This is not aimed at anyone here, just saying.
C'mon move on already, don't be scared.

Of course, if it means the YLOD, I'll stay at 70 forever.
Well, if you feel that way, you feel that way. Nothing I can do about that. But if somebody likes the weapons, perk, etc., that are only achieved at higher ranks, and had no interest in starting over, or new titles, emblems, I think Prestiging would be quite pointless.
:D That was funny. The afghan match was driving me insane, one of my team went 4-0-26, I went 19-2-11 (I think a couple of assists), no one else had anything better than a 1in-3 K/D ratio!
After spending few weeks on XBL, I switched back on PSN last night. Some games, if I played the whole thing, I'd have come close to that 4-26. There were few games there I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a shot gun.

If anybody see me on PSN, don't invite me, unless you want a short bus player on your team. It's gonna take another day or so to get used to the PS3 controller again. :crazy:
Posting this quickly here cause there's lot sof traffic and I know a few of you have 360s...

Quick clarification. Gold membership allows one online profile only. Right.

So me and my bro can't have seperate online profiles, on the same 360, using 1 Gold membership?
Yeah, I think the console itself holds up to three account? But for every user/account, you are required to purchase a separate gold membership($50 in the States).
 
When I started over, I didn't feel stuck. I understand I was at a disadvantage, but that's part of the fun and challenge.

Are there weapons and perks I miss? You bet! I really love Cold Blooded, claymore mines and my Stinger Missile. But, as the game with Azuremen points out, I was able to come in first place overall without too much of a problem. Granted, the team I was on, which included AM, was very good and the enemy team was just as good.

In fact, I've decided to make nice with the SCAR-H, since I prefer the real-world version of it over the M4. I'm OK with it, but I am using Stopping Power. But, I wont use that for long when other perks are made available to me. So, I don't know how long I'll use it. I just might go back to the M4. Before I unlocked the SCAR-H, I was having a lot of fun with it.

Thats the thing though, I don't do worse using the weapons, I mean in my very VERY second game I went 21-4 using the standard assault class without even having the ability to create one. I don't find it more challenging to be stuck with those weapons because I adjust the playstyle to suit, I just don't enjoy it as much.

Also, the SCAR is an excellent weapon overall, the M4 is one that just lacks stopping power which makes it really painful without the perk stopping power in core modes whereas the SCAR is still plenty effective without it in an accurate pair of hands. The major downside is the amount of ammo available, I find scavenger is very useful with the SCAR, particularly pro. I've yet to unlock the next weapon to compare them to, the ACR but I'm not far off, everyone seems to give praise of the ACR so I'm looking forward to that along with when I finally get the AK for styles sake over function.
 
The ACR is a sweet weapon. I use that or the M16 usually.
 
If your not prestiging it's your own choise, exactly how is that camping.
In game etiquette it's the same to me.

We all have the right to play it as we like, be it the camper at the spawn area, the crazed knifer, the noob tuber, etc., etc....
Playing the game with all weapons is the point, hence the prestige.
This prestige gives people a reason to move on with the gaming, change it up, to keep the spice in it, so to say.
When it gets boring, they offer a map pack to spice it back up. Should be soon.

I enjoy the different weapons and finding how they work best, not how to exploit them best (again etiquette).
I believe we would be better players to use all the weapons while rising through the ranks.
I'm just at 70 and have not found a best setup for me, it all depends on the map and at what part of the match.
I only play TDM games currently, but will try some others when at level 70 as it will give me the advantage I need.
I'm not a great player, mediocre at best.

Once you reach 10th prestige and your at level 70 that will make you a camper aswell then as you won't be going any further.

Your words, not mine.
Common sense answers that one.
 
'Playing the game with all weapons is the point,'

Then why would you prestige? All the weapons are unlocked at lvl 70.
 
In game etiquette it's the same to me.

We all have the right to play it as we like, be it the camper at the spawn area, the crazed knifer, the noob tuber, etc., etc....
Playing the game with all weapons is the point, hence the prestige.
This prestige gives people a reason to move on with the gaming, change it up, to keep the spice in it, so to say.
When it gets boring, they offer a map pack to spice it back up. Should be soon.

I enjoy the different weapons and finding how they work best, not how to exploit them best (again etiquette).
I believe we would be better players to use all the weapons while rising through the ranks.
I'm just at 70 and have not found a best setup for me, it all depends on the map and at what part of the match.
I only play TDM games currently, but will try some others when at level 70 as it will give me the advantage I need.
I'm not a great player, mediocre at best.

Prestige doesn't change it up it repeats what you've already do, it's like re-doing the campaign you've already been there, done that and got the T-shirt. There is no new gameplay element at all involved, something which you will get from playing different game modes outside TDM. On that basis, we could ridicule you for playing only one mode as you ranked up, but it doesn't work like that.

Nobodies scared of prestiging, the game doesn't really get any harder at all due to the balancing elements in place by giving you a reasonably strong set up for many modes from the kick off. In no way does prestige move the game forwards, the clue is what it does, it moves you backwards to where you've already been but it will be much easier doing it again. There are rewards such as the custom slots, titles, emblems, which are the incentive to prestige, you have to lose what you have to regain it to get them. The choice to prestige or not is really what you value more as a gamer, the rewards of prestiging, or the ability to choose from the whole armoury. If you want a bigger challenge, run around with an M9 without stopping power, prestige doesn't really increase difficulty and although using different weapons through the ranks may well help, you can do just that from level 70 as well and try them more easily with different perks. I try each gun as I get it anyway, similarly with perks, I'll probably have used every single weapon and perk in the game at least once when I hit level 70 anyway and I'm not going to prestige because I change my set ups to try different things anyway, if I don't like it I just swap class and carry on.

Nothing about prestige will make you a better player simply because you could force yourself into situations as if you were level 1 any match you like, it offers it's own rewards for the people who want it and I think it's very immature to think people who don't want those rewards are "scared" of it to quote you.

I don't like people who play in certain ways, as previously discussed in this thread, as it effects me (which is why I find it more annoying when said players on are on my team, I can deal with them if they're not), if you're all about etiquette then you should be able to accept other peoples decisions that don't effect you without making assumptions. Invisible -rep 👎, we all get annoyed by certain things like camping because it effects us, everyones aware it annoys people and still people do it.
 
In game etiquette it's the same to me.

We all have the right to play it as we like, be it the camper at the spawn area, the crazed knifer, the noob tuber, etc., etc....
Playing the game with all weapons is the point, hence the prestige.
This prestige gives people a reason to move on with the gaming, change it up, to keep the spice in it, so to say.
When it gets boring, they offer a map pack to spice it back up. Should be soon.

I enjoy the different weapons and finding how they work best, not how to exploit them best (again etiquette).
I believe we would be better players to use all the weapons while rising through the ranks.
I'm just at 70 and have not found a best setup for me, it all depends on the map and at what part of the match.
I only play TDM games currently, but will try some others when at level 70 as it will give me the advantage I need.
I'm not a great player, mediocre at best.



Your words, not mine.
Common sense answers that one.
I can completely respect this, but only as your opinion. It absolutely does not have anything to do with any etiquette, my friend. On sticking with certain weapons, you call it exploiting. I see it as mastering.

Look at it this way. If I'm in a match, the game is really close. I'd want my teammates to do their best to help our team win. Not trying out different, or crappy useless guns, resulting us in losing the team deathmatch 7500 to 7400.

I'm just trying to show you my perspective. It would be selfish for me to force my way to others. See how it works? ;)
 
Well I have Mastered the Scar-H and now it's time for the Ak47. I wad going to try the ACR but it's almost similar to the scar. AK47 is a handfull as it jumps all over the place but it's going to be a good challenge mastering it so looks like I will be at level 70 for a long time.
I have also noticed that if you hold and look through the red dot or iron sites on the Scar,ACR and the other assault rifles the gun doesn't move as it's very steady but with the AK47 it starts to drift and move about slightly.



Anyone seen this video?
http://beforeitsnews.com/story/11848/Modern_Warfare_2_God_Mode_Video.html
 
Last edited:
'Playing the game with all weapons is the point,'
Then why would you prestige? All the weapons are unlocked at lvl 70.
As I said, I use them through the ranks.
I believe it to be an advantage to have all the weapons available to use at the same time.
That is the reward for reaching level 70.
With the amount of XP to complete level 70 and go prestige, I think it's enough time spent at that level.
Like I said before about completing some challenges, blah, blah, blah.
Playing with all the available weapons throughout the ranks is what I should have stated.

It's the same reason I don't race online in a tuned Clio or a Honda type R Civic.
It's because they have an advantage.
And it's not about winning with the easiest car, it's about beating it with an inferior car.

Prestige doesn't change it up / There is no new gameplay element at all involved, something which you will get from playing different game modes outside TDM.
Agreed, and looking forward to it.

I've use to play FFA with CoD4, but with WaW it wasn't as good....?
For MW2 it's TDM because of who I play with.
Nobodies scared of prestiging, the game doesn't really get any harder at all due to the balancing elements in place by giving you a reasonably strong set up for many modes from the kick off.
So move on then.
In no way does prestige move the game forwards,
If it didn't, then why is it there?
It may not be any great improvement to prestige, but it seems to me as natural progression.
The choice to prestige or not is really what you value more as a gamer,
Agreed, as before.
I think it's very immature to think people who don't want those rewards are "scared" of it to quote you.
For the people who I know who have been at level 70 for too long, they are.
On sticking with certain weapons, you call it exploiting. I see it as mastering.
Again, I misworded this then.
It was meant more towards the 1887 akimbo and knifing, along with the youtube cheats (lack of better term) that's all.
I believe the 87's were patched.
I'm just trying to show you my perspective. It would be selfish for me to force my way to others. See how it works? ;)

Same here. :)
 
01, the gun is only as good as the player using them. A rubbish player at level 70 (that'll be me then; only difference is that I'm "only" at 62) is a LOT less dangerous than a good player at level 1, even though the level 70 has access to all the guns and perks.

If you put a very average player with akimbo Models (pre-patch) + AK up against a good player with M4 + USP, the average player - even though they have the "superior" guns - will still get their ass very badly kicked.

I plan on prestiging once and once only (for the extra class slot and prestige challenges); so does that mean I'll be a camper once I hit level 70 1st prestige?
 
Again, I misworded this then.
It was meant more towards the 1887 akimbo and knifing, along with the youtube cheats (lack of better term) that's all.
I believe the 87's were patched.


Same here. :)
You should have just started with "I think", or "IMO" then! Would have saved me some typing! :D j/k
I plan on prestiging once and once only (for the extra class slot and prestige challenges); so does that mean I'll be a camper once I hit level 70 1st prestige?
Well, they are both about staying put, but it just wasn't a very good analogy. I think we get his point, and it's pretty much a agree-to-disagree.
 
SitRep - does anybody here use it?
 
I use SitRep on at least one of my classes, which is designed to deal with Claymore happy campers and such. Just lobbing a grenade into the mess knowing it will hit them and BOOM! Quite satisfying I must say.
 
Doesn't it make the enemy foot noise louder? Is that the same as turning up the volume on your stereo, or do they mean you can spot them on your radar map easier? I never used it before I prestiged, so I don't know.
 
I don't know myself, I've yet to go Pro on SitRep. My understanding is it makes just enemy foot steps louder over the speakers, which would still be nice as the ambient noises can be pretty loud.
 
SitRep - does anybody here use it?

I use it with my lightweight, speedy, run-around-knifing-people-in-the-face class.

It's good because it lets me know of any nearby claymores, plus I just want to unlock its Pro version. After that, I'll probably ditch it.
 
I don't know myself, I've yet to go Pro on SitRep. My understanding is it makes just enemy foot steps louder over the speakers, which would still be nice as the ambient noises can be pretty loud.


I have no need for it just for the fact that I bought some turtle beach X1's two weeks ago and if the footsteps were louder I would have to take the headphones off:dopey: They aren't "amazing" like most people say but they are nice to have. I don't bother my wife and kids and I can tell where foot steps are coming from since they are 5.1. All I am lacking now is a VGA cable to hook up to my monitor and internet, borrowing wireless from 100 yards away makes for some pretty 🤬 game play sometimes.


Oh yeah, I only have 32 more bullet penetration kills with FMJ on the SCAR to have the mastery done for it! They are coming slow though :(
 
It's the same reason I don't race online in a tuned Clio or a Honda type R Civic.
It's because they have an advantage.
And it's not about winning with the easiest car, it's about beating it with an inferior car.

The simple fact is you're not given an inferior weapon, you're just given different ones, the early weapons, SCAR, M4, Famas, are some of the best, the best sniper rifles are available from the start, arguably the best shotgun, the SPAS 12 (outside of akimbo) comes early, the most valued perk for most core modes, stopping power, along with similar high value perk steady aim. Game for game the level 70 has little advantage over say a level 10, as proven by many of those who have prestiged, they don't miraculously score worse and they don't magically get better. You have less options, but those available to you are some of the best and certainly work and are popular all through the levels.

If it didn't, then why is it there?
It may not be any great improvement to prestige, but it seems to me as natural progression.

It's there for players who see it as a progression which it is not, like I previously said, it's like re-doing campaign, you're nowhere where you previously haven't been. It's repetition bar the rewards of badges and custom slots which as previously pointed out don't matter to everyone, some people like to (and here comes the big shock) just play the damn game and don't care about ranks, stats, prestige, nukes and so on. Playing the way thats most fun to you, like for me a silenced assault rifle toting stealth guy, by no measure means you're scared of prestiging, quite frankly it's plain stupid to make that assumption and insulting to those who just play to have fun and don't want that shiney new badge and realise prestige is repetition not enhancement. In reality, something like a max level prestige 10 doesn't say, good player, it says experienced, they play alot but it doesn't mean they're good at it.

Surely a natural progression would be improvement, gaining things, not losing them, 1 2 3 4 5... 1? Going back to where you were before is not progression, if it was a new situation perhaps it would be, but it will be where you were before but made easier. It's an option with it's rewards but it doesn't enhance the experience as you actually play the game, for me it makes it worse because of the way I wish to play, for some it makes no difference and they play as they would anyway but it never enhances each game, round to round as you play. This is the key behind many peoples reasoning, the game doesn't get more difficult by prestiging, it just doesn't as I've seen many players, some here at GTP, hit prestige then play their first game and do just as well as the one before. Said player is not miraculously having more fun and thats what games are for, enjoyment. Some people want to take every option and do everything others just don't, ever.

Some people played GT4 to a point then stopped trying to progress, started doing other things, photomodes, tuning cars etc. Are they scared of moving on or are they just playing how they like to enjoy themselves? And with GT4, they'd geniunely get new cars and things if they did continue to progress, not just regain things they already had.
 
I have no need for it just for the fact that I bought some turtle beach X1's two weeks ago and if the footsteps were louder I would have to take the headphones off:dopey: They aren't "amazing" like most people say but they are nice to have. I don't bother my wife and kids and I can tell where foot steps are coming from since they are 5.1. All I am lacking now is a VGA cable to hook up to my monitor and internet, borrowing wireless from 100 yards away makes for some pretty 🤬 game play sometimes.


Oh yeah, I only have 32 more bullet penetration kills with FMJ on the SCAR to have the mastery done for it! They are coming slow though :(

Am I the only that thinks that the FMJ kills are way harder than they should be, if you were to compare them with the other challenges? 40 seems quite a lot.
 
Am I the only that thinks that the FMJ kills are way harder than they should be, if you were to compare them with the other challenges? 40 seems quite a lot.

I agree, not harder as such but just time consuming due to the luck element. You need to kind of be right place right time, 40 times to do it.
 
Just completed Campaign, and I'm confused.

What happens to the evil Russian guy? Does he get killed? Because we only see Shepherd get killed.
 
Edited for people who haven't completed the campaign yet... :rolleyes:

Also, I agree with Sureboss. The FMJ attachment on the sniper rifles actually seems to reduce bullet penetration, which isn't fun.
 
Am I the only that thinks that the FMJ kills are way harder than they should be, if you were to compare them with the other challenges? 40 seems quite a lot.
Nope, I think FMJ kills are pretty much impossible to get too. I think part of that is down to the fact that while the other kill challenges don't depend on where you find the enemy, FMJ kills do - you need to find someone hiding behind some sort of thin wall, which is easier said than done. Mostly down to luck, which is why I've never bothered trying to complete any of the FMJ challenges on my primaries.
 

I understand your reason not to prestige.
Stay at level 70 so as not to spoil the way you play or to be forced into playing ways you have already been through before for another week or 2.
As I see it, after the first week of game play, it's basically all the same, kill and/or be killed.

I will tell your reason's to prestige to my friends though, as they sound good to me. :)
Who knows, maybe they'll prestige.
After all it's them that are scared to lose the class's they built up.
Scared is their word for it, not mine.
I will admit they are too wrapped up in KDR, game W/L, etc.
As far as I'm concerned, thats the reason they won't move on.

I would like to see the next installment change up the prestige idea.
Maybe some of the attachments could be added after going prestige.
Unlock pro for the perks in the next level of prestige from there.

If I remember correctly, didn't we get a Golden Eagle .45 (description?)
and/or something else for prestige in CoD4?
I didn't own WaW long enough to go prestige so I don't know how it was implemented.

I play to have fun, experience what the game has to offer and to past the time.
I play the best I can, but I don't care who wins.
 
Just completed Campaign, and I'm confused.

What happens to the evil Russian guy? Does he get killed? Because we only see Shepherd get killed.

I don't know if you got the storyline right, but..

You remember how Shepherd made the deal of thw US invasion with Makarov, then he betrayed him? Makarov was pissed so he told Soap and Price were Shepherd was(last mission in the dessert), so Soap and Price and everyone focuses primarily on getting Shepherd instead of Makarov.. They'll get him later.. Probably in MW2. :p So, no, Makarov is still alive.

On the topic of FMJ:
I've only gotten the FMJ challenge once with any gun.. I got it with the SCAR-H and that is it.. Surprisingly, though, I have like 32 kills in the challenge with the Barret .50 Cal. :dopey: lolwut I snipe too much.
 
I got FMJ challenge with four guns before I prestiged (Famas, Scar, UMP, Vector) but it takes to long so I think I'm gonna wait till 10th prestige to get all the other masteries.
 
I think I got through the FMJ challenge with three ARs (M4A1, SCAR, ACR) and all four Snipers before Prestiging. I'm on Lv38, 1st Prestige at the moment and have Barrett Mastery, but no others yet. The SCAR is well on the way and the Intervention is only a couple of FMJ kills away now.
 
Only got it with the AUG FUBAR'D thing, but then I throw a lot of bullets around. (The point of an LMG.)
 
Back