Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,336 views
AUG FUBAR'D
:lol: Win!

Once I hit 70 and prestige I *may* eventually go for the FMJ challenges (and thus mastery), but only if I get really really bored :dopey:
 
I understand your reason not to prestige.
Stay at level 70 so as not to spoil the way you play or to be forced into playing ways you have already been through before for another week or 2.
As I see it, after the first week of game play, it's basically all the same, kill and/or be killed.

I will tell your reason's to prestige to my friends though, as they sound good to me. :)
Who knows, maybe they'll prestige.
After all it's them that are scared to lose the class's they built up.
Scared is their word for it, not mine.
I will admit they are too wrapped up in KDR, game W/L, etc.
As far as I'm concerned, thats the reason they won't move on.

I would like to see the next installment change up the prestige idea.
Maybe some of the attachments could be added after going prestige.
Unlock pro for the perks in the next level of prestige from there.

If I remember correctly, didn't we get a Golden Eagle .45 (description?)
and/or something else for prestige in CoD4?
I didn't own WaW long enough to go prestige so I don't know how it was implemented.

I play to have fun, experience what the game has to offer and to past the time.
I play the best I can, but I don't care who wins.

Perhaps you need to be a little more clear next time, your original post on the matter essentially threw everyone who doesn't prestige into one big bag, including myself, and drew up one assumption for all. I think you're now aware this is not the case and many of us have different motivations that aren't to do with difficulty and we just want to play the way we enjoy most.

Your friends should consider, if they want the prestige rewards and are worried about stats, that the set ups you get early are quite easy to use, it's not so much the weapon, it's how you use it as previously stated by others. Not to mention the rewards which you gain are permanant whereas a small period of slumped KDR can be fought back up later (another reason why I myself wouldn't be scared of prestiging).

As for how the prestige is currently, I think it's fine. If the rewards are greatly tangible such as a specific weapon or perk, those who don't play enough to unlock those goodies and only play every couple of days will feel victimised. Perhaps some sort of special weapon camoflauge would be more along the lines like for example, 1 gold weapon unlock per prestige with 1 gold weapon per weapon class as before (golden javelin anyone?!). The old Gold Deagle was unlocked at lvl 55 not prestige, and each of the others by challenges perhaps prestige could be the new way to get these weapons. It's a reward which people will probably want but won't victimise those who play less and can't go through multiple prestiges.

Also for your reference, prestige in COD4 gave the badge and nothing else, WaW gave badges, extra custom slots and nothing else. MW2 gives extra slots, badges, emblems, titles and challenges. The way it is now is just fine though, I mean alot of people prestige but you don't feel you need to in order to keep up with everyone if the rewards weren't enough now, nobody would have prestiged in 4 let alone MW2.
 
I find that you can shoot accurately through most walls in Favela, but I use the M21 EBR.

If you are as useless as me at this game, you find that trying to track an enemy on Favela usually ends up with me shooting through a wall to get the last bullet into him to down him as he runs sideways across my screen.

I've killed loads (that's a few) this way, and I find it worx best on that particular map.

:irked:👍
 
FMJ is much easier to get in HardCore than in Core. I've gotten the gold Titles on the SCAR, FAL, MP5, UMP, Vector, Barret 50C, and M21 EBR. It took me an afternoon to do the M21 in HardCore, versus days on the Vector and Barret.
 
Only got it with the AUG FUBAR'D thing, but then I throw a lot of bullets around. (The point of an LMG.)

Yeah I noticed you used that gun alot.

My favourite setup at the moment has to be my stealth class, UMP45 w/Holographic Sight+Silencer - SPAS-12 w/Silencer+FMJ, Throwing Knife, Bling Pro, Cold-Blooded Pro, Ninja.

It's amazing how much time you can spend around enemies with this setup, keep to the sides and low down, you rarely get shot. I'll probably replace the UMP45 with the ACR once I've unlocked Red Dot and Silencer.
 
I sometimes switch around, if I'm doing a bit 🤬 in a game, it's my fall back weapon.
 
ACR is the only one I completed FMJ, I think. Possibly M4, but I doubt it.

I don't know if you guys noticed, but ACR is the scariest gun, when you are getting shot at by it, behind a cover. It's so loud and nasty, it almost makes you go change your underwear. Almost.
 
Add the FAMAS to the Mastery list. I am finding being able to shoot people through walls amazingly handy in Hardcore... Could be very deadly paired with a Heartbeat sensor, because I know I've killed at least 20 people on an educated guess by putting rounds through a wall.
 
I seem to be pretty good at CTF. O_o

In two consecutive games I had a KDR > 1 (very rare for me :lol: ); and one was 15-7 :cool: Also got an accolade for most kills as flag runner :D
 
Wooh! I completed the SCAR mastery tonight and got a pretty title for doing it :\ I have found tonight also ( I was bored so tried something different ) that the riot shield with marathon, lightweight, 3rd doesn't really matter perk, and throwing knife is really fun to piss off people. There are very few people I dealt with tonight that could even deal with me, most would just start backing up like a puppy getting yelled at while I bashed in they're gords :) I was thanked by my team on one match because they had thrown down a turret gun right in a choke point in karachi and I just stood there bouncing bullets off with my team behind me until the thing gave up and started sparking and smoking, win!

Another thing I was doing tonight was setting up a class with cold blooded pro on with any guns and a launcher for my 2nd. I would just go off to a remote part of the map and as soon as they would call in UAV or anything I would shoot it down and then commit suicide with a frag and repeat. One guy was crying about his stuff getting shot down before it killed anyone when we went back to the lobby, that was fairly funny to me.
 
....Cold-Blooded Pro, Ninja.

It's amazing how much time you can spend around enemies with this setup, keep to the sides and low down, you rarely get shot. I'll probably replace the UMP45 with the ACR once I've unlocked Red Dot and Silencer.

It works both ways with Cold-Blooded Pro. I was playing Skidwow last night and was just coming through the green lit launderette and down the narrow alleys behind it. I came around a corner just as an airdrop fell, there were two guys stood there waiting for it, one of which definately had a green name tag when my cross-hairs passed over him. The package had fallen between me and the two other 'team mates' blocking the passage way, so i patiently waited whilst one of them unpacked it. That done and the passage clear they both opened fire on me :rolleyes:

Looked great on the killcam. They must have been laughing their heads off. :dunce:
 
You should have seen with their outfit they were the enemy.
 
Like Breakpoint said, shield with throwing knife, done right, it can be very frustrating to go against. Luckily, couple of shield dudes I went up against tonight was just as retarded as I'm with it. Ok, they weren't that bad, but I repeatedly pwn'd them, they didn't get me once. :lol: Maybe the first time I went up against them so many times, and they couldn't get me one time. Some in tight corners, too. :D

I think I'm starting to adjust to PS3 controller, finally. I still struggle half the time, but thanks to handful of games with extremely high k/d ratio, my overall k/d actually went up to 2.17 tonight. I couldn't believe it!

On the green/red tag thing, I'm awful with the uniforms. Especially if I join mid game, I've open fired on my teammates more than once. Good thing I don't play hardcore for sure. :lol:
 
You should have seen with their outfit they were the enemy.

On the green/red tag thing, I'm awful with the uniforms. Especially if I join mid game, I've open fired on my teammates more than once. Good thing I don't play hardcore for sure. :lol:

Uniforms are fine for distinguishing players on a level like Favela when one team is constantly on Dress Down Friday, but on the others it's not immediately obvious. Especially if you use a relatively small SD TV to play on as i do.

I also find it frustrating when you are crouching behind cover, like a car for example, or something else you can see through, and you see a player with no tag above them, so you move from cover to take a shot and their tag suddenly appears again and you find they're a team mate. It's something you'd get in CoD4 too.
 
I also find it frustrating when you are crouching behind cover, like a car for example, or something else you can see through, and you see a player with no tag above them, so you move from cover to take a shot and their tag suddenly appears again and you find they're a team mate. It's something you'd get in CoD4 too.


That is very annoying, especially since I do allot of HCTDM's. I can't tell you how many times I have shot a teammate because of that crap. And its not just stuff you can see through either. I have had it happen while prone\slightly covered behind stuff like trees:crazy: Sorry bru!


Just in case some of you haven't seen or heard this IW was quick to make the video go away on youtube which to me points toward it being real, then again they might not release those maps now because they were leaked and instead release other maps they had for a later release date just so they don't look like :dunce:'s.
 
Perhaps you need to be a little more clear next time, your original post on the matter essentially threw everyone who doesn't prestige into one big bag, including myself, and drew up one assumption for all. I think you're now aware this is not the case and many of us have different motivations that aren't to do with difficulty and we just want to play the way we enjoy most.
As I said
On going prestige, for someone to sit at level 70 is no different than camping in my opinion.
Sure take some time to complete some challenges but for some to sit at 70 for the remainder of their online playing is just wrong.
Clear? If not, let me elaborate a bit.
What has been discussed here does not change my mind about going/not going prestige, camping (described earlier), using cheats (exploited on youtube), crazed knifing (described earlier) and all that type of play.
All these types of play are available for the type of player who chooses to play that way.
I'm not that type of player and I don't think I'm a holier person for doing it, I just frown upon it.
Yes, I do throw all those people into the same bag, because (as I said) that's the way I see it, in principle/etiquette it's no different than camping.

It is an advantage to have all the weapons and pro perks always available, which I choose not to use for the remainder of my MW2 online play.
You will and many others as well. So be it.

Seeing as we have the choice, I see it as........ OK, I had my fun with all available weapons and perks, time to move on.
It's the same principle to why I don't camp, use the youtube cheats or run around knifing.
It has nothing to do with difficulty, challenges, emblems and so on.
That means nothing to me, same as KDR, wins and so on.

We work to get to level 70 and should enjoy it for awhile, but don't stay there for the remainder of our online play.
I think it's wrong, you do not. I agree to disagree.
Sounds as you do to. :)
 
But then what happens when you get to Lv70, 10th Prestige? Stop playing the game?
 
But then what happens when you get to Lv70, 10th Prestige? Stop playing the game?

I won't worry about that because I will never reach that point.
This game gets old for me very quick and I see me maybe going as far as 4-5 prestige.
Further than all CoD games combined for me.

If I wasn't sitting my ass at home these days I would have never bought it.
Or if GT5 were out already for that matter.

And that was answered already.
Common sense answered it.
 
Famine = common sense




mmmmmmm......glavin.....
 
I won't worry about that because I will never reach that point.
This game gets old for me very quick and I see me maybe going as far as 4-5 prestige.

See you dont worry about that but theres going to be alot of people aiming for that 10th prestige.


So basiclly those who are playing this game are aiming to be campers at the end of it, any title or emblem for that?
 
Last edited:
See you dont worry about that but theres going to be alot of people aiming for that 10th prestige.


So basiclly those who are playing this game are aiming to be campers at the end of it, any title or emblem for that?

Some people like the destination and others relish the journey more. There's no right or wrong way to play the game, you get from it what you want and that's the beauty of this sort of game.
 
See you dont worry about that but theres going to be alot of people aiming for that 10th prestige.
Not if they are staying at level 70, non prestige.

So basiclly those who are playing this game are aiming to be campers at the end of it, any title or emblem for that?
Again, your words not mine.
If your interested in such things there is an accolade.....Lockdown: Most time spent in one place.


OK, this has gone on too long.
All I stated, was that staying at level 70 is no different than camping to me.
It's the principle of it, but and here I go, if you are that way, so be it.
Camp, knife, have all weapons and perks............ whatever.
Your choice.

All these types of playing seem to be no different than punters in GT5P.
Hey, they want to drive that way, go ahead.
Same thing, different game.

To state/question what will happen for me (or anyone else) at level 70 , prestige 10 is, as it was asked, silly.
Use common sense.

@breakpoint I don't know what glavin is/means. Maybe Terry Glavin?
Enlighten me, because I couldn't find it in a dictionary.

I play the game to enjoy the ride, not the destination, because I play it to pass the time and have fun.
 
Seeing as we have the choice, I see it as........ OK, I had my fun with all available weapons and perks, time to move on.
It's the same principle to why I don't camp, use the youtube cheats or run around knifing.
It has nothing to do with difficulty, challenges, emblems and so on.
That means nothing to me, same as KDR, wins and so on.

So everyone here is automatically as bad as a camper if they like to use one set up in particular alot? Ok then, you're a TDM noob for not trying different modes as you unlocked them. It's not quite that simple is it, you're not agreeing to disagreeing because you're still labelling everyone under one big banner that it's wrong, if it was wrong the game would force you into prestige. There is no right or wrong with prestige and it's that simple, you're incredibly childish to assume so quite frankly, with these assumptions that people are scared of it for whatever reason. It's not the case at all, there is no right or wrong with camping, people do it, it's a tactic no matter how annoying it may be if the game allows it it's not wrong. Said tactic may be incredibly irritating to others which is why it's frowned upon, if your friend doesn't prestige you are completely unaffected by it and to be frank you shouldn't even care about it.

Prestige is a choice to be made by each and every person individually, there may be reasons why they will or won't do it but those reasons are going to change with the person depending on many variables which can't be measured such as how and why a person enjoys the game, which may range from getting good scores, doing challenges, playing tactically with friends, sneaking around, even camping or knifing. If anythings wrong here, it's your views on the matter labelling those who don't prestige as wrong when you clearly won't take a minute to accept there are other motives to not do it which may not be as obvious as it first appears due to your own personal decisions and reasons to prestige.

Myself and others here had a debate about knifers, in which I explained (eventually in a way that could be understood) why I find it annoying in a specific type of game when that knifer is on my team due to the effects it has on me, but I can accept that people play this way because thats what they enjoy but others in the discussion are now aware exactly why I find it annoying because of the exterior effect which is at first not obvious when playing in a team situation. Your argument basically boils down to, I think of it this way, everyone else is wrong, and Mr Etiquette should be able to accept other peoples opinions and reasons on a matter which is purely singular and effects only 1 person at a time rather then say no, you're wrong and you're scared of prestiging. People aren't going to back down whilst you upkeep this quite insulting and shallow view point.

I mean your reply to my saying "Nobodies scared of prestiging..." was "So move on then." Possibly the most childish response you could have possibly given, you agree that the decision to prestige is made based upon what each individual values more, but you refuse to accept that we have different reasons to the ones you think when we decide not to prestige and give us childish little taunts like that. Nobody is trying to argue that you've done wrong by prestiging, but the reasons you used as those why someone wouldn't prestige are not a blanket truth for us all. Quite frankly I'd much rather you be a camping, glitching, cheating nuke booster then make blanket statements and label those who don't prestige as wrong without listening to perfectly valid reasons and continue to label them with other reasons.
 
New patch coming (already on PC, coming to 360 and PS3 soon):
fourzerotwo via Twitter
http://bit.ly/4EQ3rI - #MW2 Update. Fix for care package sprint, sentry guns, Model 1887 tweak & more. Out on PC now, console patch in test.
http://fourzerotwo.com/2010/01/19/mw2-update/

If you're a lazy bugger and can't be arsed clicking the link, here's the lowdown:
- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
- Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and ‘elevators’.
- Mouse latency tweaks for more mouse movement consistency. (PC-ONLY)
- Fixes to prevent various texture (PC-ONLY) and XP hacks, including the prevention of obtaining negative XP.

Now the Models are well and truly nerfed :lol:
 
And when are they going to fix the .44 Magnum bug, where you can be repeatedly outsniped cross-map with a sniper rifle by someone firing a single shot from it?
 
As soon as more people start moaning about it. :lol:

I know what you mean though, on Highrise I got a headshot with the Magnum from at least halfway across the map O_o
 
Why are they changing the Care Package marker thing, I think the extra speed is fair as you have nothing to fire with. I hate people moaning about these little things.

Matchmaking is getting worse and worse everyday I play now. I always get put into awful games until I've played about 5, at which point it will find a game with a good connection. I don't have the patience to endure 5 games where the lag actually kills me, seriously, it threw me off the edge of Highrise. It's also taking longer and longer to fetch Playlists and Ranks each day. If this keeps up I'm not going to be playing much at all.
 
I play the game to enjoy the ride, not the destination, because I play it to pass the time and have fun.

Well said mate.

Jerome
 
Why are they changing the Care Package marker thing, I think the extra speed is fair as you have nothing to fire with. I hate people moaning about these little things.
Nothing to fire with, yes... but have you come across a Marathon + Lightweight + Commando + Care Package abuser at all? If they're even remotely competent at meleeing they'll kill you before you even know they're there, whether they have a gun in hand or not.
 
Nothing to fire with, yes... but have you come across a Marathon + Lightweight + Commando + Care Package abuser at all? If they're even remotely competent at meleeing they'll kill you before you even know they're there, whether they have a gun in hand or not.


hahaha, yes that was one of my classes, but if you look at the score of the match the care package runner is hardly ever in first. Sometimes is just fun to fun around hunched over trying to knife people, some maps it gets you decent kills and most maps it gets you shot fast. Everything in the game has something that will counter it, if you don't think so then you are just a lousy player who wants to do nothing but complain about campers, and snipers, and blah blah blah. Stop crying and either hone your skills or just quit playing it if it makes you cry that much. That was in general, not pointed at any people here etc.
 
Back