Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,336 views
OK, this has gone on too long.
All I stated, was that staying at level 70 is no different than camping to me.
It's the principle of it, but and here I go, if you are that way, so be it.
Camp, knife, have all weapons and perks............ whatever.
Your choice.

All these types of playing seem to be no different than punters in GT5P.
Hey, they want to drive that way, go ahead.
Same thing, different game.

I'm at level 70 and I've been using the same gun for ages after trying different ones.
Always went back to the AUG HBAR, which isn't commonly used judging from the games I played.
So a lvl 32 gun, together with lvl 14 thumper and semtex.
Together with perks that are unlocked before lvl 30.
Saying all lvl 70 players are like punters in GT5P is just rubbish.
I don't see a problem in favouring a car in GT5P.

I can see the relation between camping and punters.

Knifing on the other hand needs skill to be effective. Especially on hardcore
 
Nothing to fire with, yes... but have you come across a Marathon + Lightweight + Commando + Care Package abuser at all? If they're even remotely competent at meleeing they'll kill you before you even know they're there, whether they have a gun in hand or not.
I never noticed this problem either, but I do get knifed alot, by lightning quick dudes. I'm betting about half of those guys were using this very trick.
 
The name label thing doesn't really bother me much... and I play a far amount of Hardcore TDM. I learned a while ago in CS to check uniforms before opening fire, and so adapting to MW2 didn't take too much time. Most of my friendly fire kills are just dumb luck, like someone walking in front of me while I am sniping, or my Harriers coming in at a bad angle. Or a teammate starts shooting at me so I shoot back :dopey:

I find the name things pretty annoying at times, wish I could turn them off, just like the markers on Domination games... block your sight sometimes since they place them on top of everything... like that window in that shed on Estate where B is.
 
So everyone here is automatically as bad as a camper if they like to use one set up in particular alot?

Only the player sitting at level 70, not he who uses one setup.
To have all weapons and perks available to you is an advantage, whether you use them or not.
Ok then, you're a TDM noob for not trying different modes as you unlocked them.
Now you hurt my feelings. :)
It's not quite that simple is it, you're not agreeing to disagreeing because you're still labeling everyone under one big banner that it's wrong, if it was wrong the game would force you into prestige.
I'm going way out here but, I see it as an advantage, because it is. To play with such an advantage is wrong. That is my point.
You believe to be at level 70 is not an advantage. Agree?
If you do, then I agree to disagree, because I do think it is an advantage.

There is no right or wrong with prestige and it's that simple, you're incredibly childish to assume so quite frankly, with these assumptions that people are scared of it for whatever reason. It's not the case at all, there is no right or wrong with camping, people do it, it's a tactic no matter how annoying it may be if the game allows it it's not wrong. Said tactic may be incredibly irritating to others which is why it's frowned upon, if your friend doesn't prestige you are completely unaffected by it and to be frank you shouldn't even care about it.

I'm not as annoyed by campers as much as level 70 sitters. The campers can be avoided.
Actually to me, it's not annoying for game play, as that is part of the game, I see it as being wrong.
But if IW has allowed for it, then it's right.

Prestige is a choice to be made by each and every person individually, . If anythings wrong here, it's your views on the matter labeling those who don't prestige as wrong when you clearly won't take a minute to accept there are other motives to not do it which may not be as obvious as it first appears due to your own personal decisions and reasons to prestige.

I accept your reasons (though I think it's wrong to stay with all the weapons and perks), as you gave many others.
Why can't you see that having all weapons and perks is an advantage, whether you/me prestige or not? That is my point, the advantage of having all available weapons and perks. I prefer not to play with these advantages.

Your argument basically boils down to, I think of it this way, everyone else is wrong, and Mr Etiquette should be able to accept other peoples opinions and reasons on a matter which is purely singular and effects only 1 person at a time rather then say no, you're wrong and you're scared of prestiging.
The advantage would effect all players, especially opponents, not me alone.
And, again, as I said, my friends who I am calling out, are scared. They don't want their stats to drop.
People aren't going to back down whilst you upkeep this quite insulting and shallow view point.
If I insulted you, sorry, I'm insulting this part of your play style as much as any campers play style. To each his own.
I mean your reply to my saying "Nobodies scared of prestiging..." was "So move on then." Possibly the most childish response you could have possibly given, you agree that the decision to prestige is made based upon what each individual values more, but you refuse to accept that we have different reasons to the ones you think when we decide not to prestige.

I don't agree that the decision to prestige is up to what I value as a player, it's just about the progression of the game. But we went through that already.
but the reasons you used as those why someone wouldn't prestige are not a blanket truth for us all. Quite frankly I'd much rather you be a camping, glitching, cheating nuke booster then make blanket statements and label those who don't prestige as wrong without listening to perfectly valid reasons and continue to label them with other reasons.
I listened and have even validated your reasons to prestige to others (friends) as well as listened to reasons not to prestige.

My reason against staying at level 70 (prestige or not) is that it is an advantage.
It is you that won't agree.
So agree to disagree on that subject and that only, as it was my original post.

It is true that level 70 and prestige are (how do I say) at the same part of the game.
My problem is not about going/not going prestige, it is staying at level 70.
I see it as an advantage, same as camping, crazed knifing, nuke boosting, etc...
I prefer not to use these advantages, but that's me.

Rebuttal?
 
Nothing to fire with, yes... but have you come across a Marathon + Lightweight + Commando + Care Package abuser at all? If they're even remotely competent at meleeing they'll kill you before you even know they're there, whether they have a gun in hand or not.

Yeah I am one. Usually the only one. I've only ever come across 3 others before. It's not as advantageous as you may think though, getting close enough still requires a lot of effort and usually ends up in a score slightly above 1.00KDR.

I use this class mainly for fun, because you can annoy them first time you kill them but each other time requires good knowledge of the map and the play style of the opposing team. In some ways it's a very good class to learn MW2 with, but isn't a serious problem for the opposition at all.
 
To have all weapons and perks available to you is an advantage, whether you use them or not.

That's not true though, is it?

You might have all the individual weapons available, but you won't have all their attachments unless you've worked at the gun. You certainly won't have all the Perks, simply because of the sheer number of kills required to unlock the Pro versions - and the Pro versions bring their own additional "perks" (silent footsteps, invisibility to crosshairs in softcore).

Granted, it's still a tactical advantage as you have many more options. But you can only choose the same amount of stuff as anyone else - 1 primary (with attachment/s), 1 secondary (with attachment/s where available or OMA), 1 equipment, 1 special grenade, 1 Perk 1, 1 Perk 2, 1 Perk 3, 1 deathstreak and 3 killstreak rewards - and you can only have what is available, which isn't automatically everything just because you're level 70


But again, you're left with the unfinished conundrum - 10th Prestige, Level 70s (and let's give them Mastery and Veteran of every gun too). They have an advantage and they have to play with it. I can't for one second believe anyone would compare someone who's worked their way through the game completely to a lazy mong who sits in a darkened corner with an AR waiting for someone to walk in...
 
Infinity Ward finally patched some glitches for PC, console patch is in testing now. More details inside...

As you might now from previous updates, you can't play the game without updating to the latest version. Although some fixes can be done with simple "live patching" in the playlists, this is a full update that includes the following fixes:

* Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
* Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
* Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
* Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and 'elevators'.
* Mouse latency tweaks for more mouse movement consistency. (PC-ONLY)
* Fixes to prevent various texture (PC-ONLY) and XP hacks.
http://www.modernwarfare247.com/news/multiplayer-patch-update

So they are finally going to patch the care package glitch and the Model 1997 glitch, that day is going to be a wonderful day.
 
I don't prestige and I'm proud of it. :D
I want to keep my weapons, perks and gun camos. IMO prestiging is useless and it should stay like that so that people who don't play often can get all the weapons after a not too long time.
 
And here is proof you can get a Nuke with a care package:)



 
http://www.modernwarfare247.com/news/multiplayer-patch-update

So they are finally going to patch the care package glitch.

That's not even a glitch, it's the lowest weight item in-game thus always you to travel faster on foot. It's only because people complained they got killed too often by someone running around fast. I blame the player if they can't figure out the counter attack, it's very easy.

I don't blame people for camping either, I blame the fools who can't figure out how to kill the camper and continually get shot all the time.

I won't blame anyone for their style of play, it's up to me to counter that. Sadly I won't be doing any countering though as Matchmaking is stupid, I think I'm going to switch back to COD4 for a while.
 
New patch coming (already on PC, coming to 360 and PS3 soon):

http://fourzerotwo.com/2010/01/19/mw2-update/

If you're a lazy bugger and can't be arsed clicking the link, here's the lowdown:


Now the Models are well and truly nerfed :lol:

http://www.modernwarfare247.com/news/multiplayer-patch-update

So they are finally going to patch the care package glitch and the Model 1997 glitch, that day is going to be a wonderful day.
^ I beat you to it, Legend :D


@Sweetshop: it's not because of the weight, holding the marker gives you a speed boost so you can get to a safe area and drop it quickly, without getting stabbed/shot/blown into a million pieces.
 
Last edited:
@Sweetshop: it's not because of the weight, holding the marker gives you a speed boost so you can get to a safe area and drop it quickly, without getting stabbed/shot/blown into a million pieces.

No. It's in the lowest weight class, the less handheld weight you have the faster you can run. Heaviest being Riot Shield -> Rockets -> LMG's -> All Other Guns -> Package Markers.

Held items don't give speed boosts, only Lightweight Perk can do that.
 
Indeed, it makes it more of a challenge with different playing styles.

@SSU's last post on P125.
 
For anyone who plays on the 360, WATCH OUT FOR THIS HACK

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1061810p1.html

You could lose ALL of your levels in one go due to these little morons. I hope they mess with the wrong person and get tracked down. :lol:


They are already working on it. Its not hard to not lose xp, if you see yourself losing them don't quit the match, simply exit to the dashboard and unplug the ethernet cable or wireless adapter and it will never relay it back to IW's servers:dopey:
 
Well apparently I am pretty much useless with a handgun, but the SPAS-12 is a different story. The SPAS-12 has seemingly done wonders for me in Demolition when I am trying to defend a bomb.

The SPAS-12 is so much fun to use. All that is needed is aiming in the general direction and dead enemy, granted the enemy has to be close, but they are in for a nasty surprise. The combination of an assault rifle, right now the M4, and the SPAS-12 has really helped me out. Just achieved a 24-1-6 on Domination with the combination, but was not able to carry the rest of my team to a victory. Also managed to get my longest kill streak to date in that same game with 13.
 
I was never a fan or did I even try to "no scope" in COD4 but today on accident I did with the Intervention with acog, sleight of hand pro, stopping power pro, steady aim pro. After that close call with someone and me hitting them I thought I might actually try to do it, with that gun and perk combo it is really easy to do as long as they aren't super far away. I was just running about Scrapyard pinging tops without even using my acog sight, weird. It didn't work every single time but I led the team and ended up around 22-4 or somewhere in there.



EDIT: Maybe a new game mode coming or something?
 
Last edited:
I can't believe it myself, but looks like I partially disabled my PS3 controller. Everything was going smooth, my k/d going up, then I just started playing like I was mentally ill. I don't know what happened, but once it hits the fan, it hits the fan. All of the sudden, every turn I make is a wrong turn, everywhere I look, the guy starts shooting me from the opposite direction. At the perfect timing too, every time. I start a monster game, then host leaves, and they can't migrate the match(CoD4 classic!).

My friends have recommend one of them stress-ball thingie, but it's just not the same, you know? I might keep the old controller, so I can break that, instead. It's still working, but the aim(L2) is starting to get tricky. Say what you want, but for the millionth time, X360 controller is gold. PS3 controller is flimsy, X360, Toyota Corolla. Seriously, try breaking one, you'll agree. :p
 
[youtubehd]6S4OtbGizsQ[/youtubehd]
The #1 kill is ridiculous. :lol:
 
And here is proof you can get a Nuke with a care package:)




Wasnt expecting that at all :lol:.


That's not even a glitch, it's the lowest weight item in-game thus always you to travel faster on foot. It's only because people complained they got killed too often by someone running around fast. I blame the player if they can't figure out the counter attack, it's very easy.
If it wasnt a glitch why have they/ are they patching it? I dont believe what you are saying is true because they still have the guns on their back which means they still have the weight. Sure they might be able to run around a little faster but not that fast and I think IW wouldnt have been thinking that realisticly.


^ I beat you to it, Legend :D


@Sweetshop: it's not because of the weight, holding the marker gives you a speed boost so you can get to a safe area and drop it quickly, without getting stabbed/shot/blown into a million pieces.
Sorry, I dont read the walls of arguments some of you guys posts so I overlooked it, I also follow his twitter :lol:.

As for the second bit, are you sure it is for you to get in a safe area?

[youtubehd]6S4OtbGizsQ[/youtubehd]
The #1 kill is ridiculous. :lol:
Numbers 5, 3, 2, 1 are great.
 
If it wasnt a glitch why have they/ are they patching it? I dont believe what you are saying is true because they still have the guns on their back which means they still have the weight. Sure they might be able to run around a little faster but not that fast and I think IW wouldnt have been thinking that realisticly.

As for the second bit, are you sure it is for you to get in a safe area?
See the bold. ;)

If you still have your guns on your back you aren't going to run any faster, so why else would the airdrop markers give you a speed boost while they're in your hand? So you can quickly find somewhere to pop the canister! :dopey:

That's my take on it anyway.
 
See the bold. ;)

If you still have your guns on your back you aren't going to run any faster, so why else would the airdrop markers give you a speed boost while they're in your hand? So you can quickly find somewhere to pop the canister! :dopey:

That's my take on it anyway.
See the bold. ;)

I like you way of thinking but my answer to that is, because the game had a flaw which they overlooked and is now being looked into, either of our ideas could be right or wrong and I honestly dont care, the fact of the matter is that they got patched and they patch stuff for a reason.
 
If it wasnt a glitch why have they/ are they patching it? I dont believe what you are saying is true because they still have the guns on their back which means they still have the weight. Sure they might be able to run around a little faster but not that fast and I think IW wouldnt have been thinking that realisticly.

They are only patching it because people are moaning, and people are only moaning because they are too rubbish to counter someone who has to be in very close range to kill, Model 1887's initial range wasn't a glitch but because people moaned they patched it. People should stop moaning about these little things and start hassling the progressively worse MatchMaking service.

Like I said though, it's dependant on handheld weight. It's the same in COD4, you can't move as fast holding an LMG as you can with other guns.


See the bold. ;)

If you still have your guns on your back you aren't going to run any faster, so why else would the airdrop markers give you a speed boost while they're in your hand? So you can quickly find somewhere to pop the canister! :dopey:

That's my take on it anyway.

See the bold. ;)
 
I'm at level 70 and I've been using the same gun for ages after trying different ones.
Always went back to the AUG HBAR, which isn't commonly used judging from the games I played.
So a lvl 32 gun, together with lvl 14 thumper and semtex.
Together with perks that are unlocked before lvl 30.
I didn't say all players who stay at level 70 will use the advantage.
It's the same as a crazed knifer or the the nuke booster, we all have the choice to do it, but most don't.
Saying all lvl 70 players are like punters in GT5P is just rubbish.
I don't see a problem in favouring a car in GT5P.
I don't have a problem with favoring a car, I have a problem with using a car that has an advantage.
A level 70 player with all options has the advantage.
I'm not saying they are a better player.
I'm talking about the level 70 player who will not move on, stay at 70 to get all available options and use them.
You can not deny having all pro perks is an advantage.
I can see the relation between camping and punters.
Knifing on the other hand needs skill to be effective. Especially on hardcore
Knifing I have no issue with, it's the crazed knifing, you know, the marker in hand with marathon pro and lightweight pro or with these and the tactical knife.
But as stated before (not by me), if IW has it, then it is correct.
Bah!
I was just running about Scrapyard pinging tops without even using my acog sight, weird.
The steady aim perk is just for that (no scope) game play and works great for hip shots.
I like it with the AUG and hand grip.
I like you way of thinking but my answer to that is, because the game had a flaw which they overlooked and is now being looked into, either of our ideas could be right or wrong and I honestly don't care, the fact of the matter is that they got patched and they patch stuff for a reason.
The package marker isn't the problem, it's the people who exploit it and do the crazed knifing with it.

That's not true though, is it?

You might have all the individual weapons available, but you won't have all their attachments unless you've worked at the gun. You certainly won't have all the Perks, simply because of the sheer number of kills required to unlock the Pro versions - and the Pro versions bring their own additional "perks" (silent footsteps, invisibility to crosshairs in softcore).
Shouldn't be a problem for someone who sits at 70 for the remainder of their MW2 online gaming.
The player will eventually (if they work at it) have everything available, all weapons, all pro perks.
I'm at level 70 now and the only perks not pro are one man army, sitrep and last stand. Not boasting, just saying.
Again, Famine, this is not about going prestige or not, it's about staying at level 70.
I can see why your confused.


Granted, it's still a tactical advantage as you have many more options. But you can only choose the same amount of stuff as anyone else - 1 primary (with attachment/s), 1 secondary (with attachment/s where available or OMA), 1 equipment, 1 special grenade, 1 Perk 1, 1 Perk 2, 1 Perk 3, 1 deathstreak and 3 killstreak rewards - and you can only have what is available, which isn't automatically everything just because you're level 70

Your right, it is an advantage.
Again, if you stay at level 70 all options will eventually be automatically available to you. Read above.
I even suggested to stay at level 70 for awhile and finish some challenges before moving on.


But again, you're left with the unfinished conundrum - 10th Prestige, Level 70s (and let's give them Mastery and Veteran of every gun too). They have an advantage and they have to play with it.
My issue is not with people who complete the prestige 10 level.
I will congratulate anyone who does.
My issue is the player who stays at level 70.
Because, as I said, they will eventually have all the weapons and all the pro perks.
I see that as an advantage and I will not do that, because I don't like to play with the best advantage the game has to offer.
The same reason I don't camp, run about with the crazed knifing, boost nuking, using youtube cheats and so on.

It's a tactic that is (I guess I'm the only person thinking this) as wrong as the others.
I'm not saying the player that has all the options will use them, that's up to the player.
This was never intended to call out anyone here, but come on, I play the game, and at least 25% the matches I play, I see someone using one of the before mentioned tactics, it brings down the game play.
If the majority of players were like the players here, there wouldn't be any issue.
I'm telling it as I see it during game play.
I don't prefer to even play with my friends who are sitting at level 70 (it feels cheap to me), and for a reason, their scared to have their stats drop, their precious stats, which I care less about. To each his own.
I can't for one second believe anyone would compare someone who's worked their way through the game completely to a lazy mong who sits in a darkened corner with an AR waiting for someone to walk in...
I'm not comparing them to someone who has not worked their way through the game, you are.
I'm comparing the player who does not work their way through the game.

To play through this game to prestige 10, level 70 is the greatest achievement in the game.
If and/or when a player reaches that point they should have the greatest advantage because they worked for it.
A player to stay at level 70 without any prestige does not deserve this advantage.

The truth is that I am not as good as other's at this game.
I have a favorite class I use to help my team when I fall behind in the match's KDR.
I only use it when I fall behind though, probably 10% of the matches.
Otherwise I try to use all the weapons and perks throughout the levels.
As was stated, I mostly played TDM, because that's what friends play.
I have moved on to try the other games as well and that is because I have a great selection of weapons to use in a game that is alien to me.
I see the selection of weapons at this level 70 as very good, not the newer weapons per say, but the selection.
I am using it as a crutch more than an advantage, because I'm not that good a player and the same classes I used for TDM aren't always that great for other games.
When I feel more comfortable at these other games, I won't use this advantage.
And by then I imagine to have completed level 70, and move on.
 
LOL that #1 kill.

Honest, I did the most AMAZING knife the other day. The map where you can camp on the roof (forgot the name), the one where you can look over to that large white truck with the turret next to it. I was behind that truck and threw a knife onto the roof and it killed someone. :D
 
Again, Famine, this is not about going prestige or not, it's about staying at level 70.
I can see why your confused.

Yeah, because there's only two alternatives to "staying at level 70". Quit playing or Prestige.

If you're not saying people should quit when they reach 70, then it's about Prestiging or not.


as I said, they will eventually have all the weapons and all the pro perks.

Not true at all - they'd have to consciously work at it.

I reached enough XP to Prestige with only 7 guns at Mastery (M4A1, SCAR, ACR and all four sniper rifles) and with 8 of the 18 Perks at Pro. At that point I had three favoured setups, all using Perks I'd got Pro for and one of the guns I'd got Mastery for (except the Riot Shield class, which had a Riot Shield).

In order to get all the weapon attachments and Pro Perks, I'd have had to change to an unfamiliar weapon/perk and work at it.

Now... you say this is laudable. I say this confers more of an advantage than merely being at Level 70. All Level 70 shows is that you have enough XP to be Level 70. If you have Mastery in every weapon and Pro in every Perk, it means you can pick up any weapon or Copycat any class during the game and instantly be competitive with it.


So now you have a problem. You'll decry people who stay at level 70 for having an advantage they don't necessarily have or use, but laud people who have Mastery in every gun even though they have an advantage that they can't help but use.

Only... it's not really a problem. People who put time and effort into the game have an advantage that other people don't. So what? They put work in, they get benefit out. After all, people who've played the game at all have a colossal advantage over someone who's just started - they know the game engine and the maps, and knowing the maps is one of the biggest advantages there is. Let a newcomer loose on a 10th Prestige, Level 70 account with 100% weapon Mastery and Pro Perks and they'll get smashed from pillar to post by a Level 40 with a couple days' play under his belt...


To play through this game to prestige 10, level 70 is the greatest achievement in the game.

Not really. Put in enough time and you'll get there. There's no challenge at all - just time.

I see the selection of weapons at this level 70 as very good, not the newer weapons per say, but the selection.

At level 1 you have the best sniper rifle, the best all-round AR (though I prefer the ACR), the best shotgun and the most versatile launcher. My Riot Shield class - which is immensely successful at the one map I use it - contains only weapons, Perks and equipment you have access to at level 1, save for the occasional addition of Blast Shield. With all this, you can play through to level 70 without ever switching anything - though most choose to shorten the time it takes by changing weapons, Perks and equipment for bonus XP from Challenges.
 
OK played MW2 HC for the very first time yesterday and had the most baffling experience using the stinger. Playing on Wasteland the other team calls in a harrier, I die, change to my CB/stinger class and proceed to aim said weapon at the enemy's aircraft. Per SOP I wait for the usual lock-on audio feedback and depress the right shoulder button. The rocket launches all fine and dandy but somehow manages to miss the target by some 200 ft. Seriously it went THAT awry. I mean I've seen Stingers miss on the odd occasion in "normal" core but never but that much. Anyway so I wait for the reload, get lock on and launch another. It ALSO misses by a wide margin. Now I've NEVER missed the same harrier with 2 stingers before (and I've shot down my fair number of aircraft in this game). And both shots were very much unobstructed. I mean I'm truly baffled :confused:. I actually had another clear shot with a stinger on another level, this time against a non-CG helo IIRC, and AGAIN it missed by a huge margin. Anyone else experience anything similar playing HC mode?
 

At level 1 you have the best sniper rifle, the best all-round AR (though I prefer the ACR), the best shotgun and the most versatile launcher. My Riot Shield class - which is immensely successful at the one map I use it - contains only weapons, Perks and equipment you have access to at level 1, save for the occasional addition of Blast Shield. With all this, you can play through to level 70 without ever switching anything - though most choose to shorten the time it takes by changing weapons, Perks and equipment for bonus XP from Challenges.


This is what I've been trying to get across, you have more options at level 70 but it doesn't grant any real advantage when you actually play the game. I mean I've managed to claw out a 2.91 KDR and I've not even hit level 50 yet let alone 70 and I'm not the most fantastic player going but the reasons why I've got better aren't anything to do with new set ups and weapons which I've unlocked, not at all.

@01GTP, you prefer to prestige for whatever reason, that is fine and nobody here is going to say you're wrong in doing so. This is why you have created yourself enemies, you call us wrong for not following your path when we are not wrong in any way. We don't not prestige for a gameplay advantage, some perhaps do but not all, we don't prestige because we have more fun playing another way but we may not do better, are we wrong for enjoying certain weapons which we gain no advantage from?. I play just as well, often better, using a stopping power, steady aim, style set up (which pro makes NO effect on when using the assault rifles which I like to do, literally zero) but I have more fun using Cold Blooded and Ninja, similarly which pro has not effected my gameplay on either to any noticeable extent.

I can see possibly major gains coming from killstreak rewards, but in reality they're not as overpowering as they may appear. Thats why I like my Stinger missile, it means I can stop overpowering streak rewards dominating a game because I think they dominate a game without requiring much skill to use because with a good set up, 5 kills will grant you a missile which grants you a harrier which grants you a chopper gunner/ac130, I essentially do my best to remove the easy rider ticket to high scores by actively taking out air support as soon as, opting myself to use a 3 5 7 streak set so I don't have the big time kill makers.

Choice and selection does not equal advantage, the biggest possible gains are always easily rendered nothing when coming up against a good player regardless of level. After all as already said more then once before, it's not the weapon (or perk) it's how it's used and who by, only a true fool blames or relies on specific equipment. You think you need a high ish rank to start new modes, you're just as foolish and I don't mean that in a bad way I'm just saying there's no need to wait (Search and Destroy is perhaps the only exception). You will probably do just as well in Demolition for example regardless what weapon you use in the same way that I did as well as (infact better then) I used to do on COD4 as a max level compared to when I first started MW2 as a below level 10, a couple of months after everyone else started, because it's not the weapons or equipment that make you score well.
 
Question: Once you prestige, does it take the same amount of points to go to 70 again?
 
Back